PDA

View Full Version : Realtree Camo and OM

Cowbell
08-20-2023, 01:35 PM
Most of you probably arent aware but Realtree camo is heavily supporting OM NIL and they are boasting heavily about it on social media. How big of idiots could they be? Even if I was marketing to MS state people, I would never do it in a way that would turn off supporters to other schools. Here's another reason not to buy from those guys.

Leroy Jenkins
08-20-2023, 01:39 PM
Mossy Oak!

BigDawg81
08-20-2023, 01:42 PM
This^^^^

Dawgology
08-20-2023, 01:53 PM
Its states own dumbass fault for not pursuing Mossy Oak in this way or a number of other hunting brands. Total buffoonery running the NIL show up there. It’s 100% laughable.

SmokeyDawg
08-20-2023, 02:03 PM
I was told Mossy Oak wasn't interested a couple years ago. Possibly for this same reason.

BeardoMSU
08-20-2023, 02:16 PM
Our lack of commercial/big business sponsorships is the primary issue with our NIL woes.

SailingDawg
08-20-2023, 02:36 PM
I was told Mossy Oak wasn't interested a couple years ago. Possibly for this same reason.

Haven?t they sold out to a national corporation? So maybe they?re no longer local.

viverlibre
08-20-2023, 03:43 PM
I think our NIL is perpetually stuck in neutral. I think Charlie is too good a guy to play dirty like erryone is doing.

Obey's has a "round up and give to the NIL" feature.

BeardoMSU
08-20-2023, 04:01 PM

OMG...

Cooterpoot
08-20-2023, 04:14 PM
I think our NIL is perpetually stuck in neutral. I think Charlie is too good a guy to play dirty like erryone is doing.

You'd be incorrect on that first part.

viverlibre
08-20-2023, 05:15 PM
First or second sentence? I don't know Charlie, but he seems like such a good guy, it's hard to imagine him rolling around in the mud. I hope you're right.

Dawgology
08-20-2023, 05:19 PM

Then State isn’t trying hard enough. Again, poor management of the NIL “program”

SpaceWranglerDawg
08-20-2023, 06:38 PM
The problem right now is there's not much value for most of the NIL stuff. When you can get ads on social media for $2k, doesn't make a ton of sense to pay a kid 100k for an extremely similar ad. So unless some of these larger business/industry folks just feel like donating out of the kindness of their hearts, I wouldn't expect an influx of them until it changes up a bit.

Or i'm wrong and it's the greatest ad source available and their missing out on the truckloads of money they're missing out on by not being involved...I'm sure it's actually somewhere in the middle of the extremes, but that's how it was explained to me from one of those people who own something large enough to donate....

This coming from an alum/donor who has a left field loft, as well as a suite for football, so it's not like they're opposed to writing checks....just opposed to writing bad ones.

Cooterpoot
08-20-2023, 07:11 PM
First or second sentence? I don't know Charlie, but he seems like such a good guy, it's hard to imagine him rolling around in the mud. I hope you're right.

Charlie doesn't make the "decisions". Not his job. And we're doing the same as most programs. That's not to say our NIL is Alabama NIL, but we play it the same way

viverlibre
08-20-2023, 09:06 PM
Charlie doesn't make the "decisions". Not his job. And we're doing the same as most programs. That's not to say our NIL is Alabama NIL, but we play it the same way

Who's going out and making deals with donors/businesses/alumni and schmoozing them?

SpaceBully
08-20-2023, 09:19 PM
I think most MSU fans have known for a long time that Real Tree was created and owned by an Ole Miss grad. I don't buy camo unless it's Mossy Oak.

viverlibre
08-20-2023, 09:50 PM
I think most MSU fans have known for a long time that Real Tree was created and owned by an Ole Miss grad. I don't buy camo unless it's Mossy Oak.

Off-topic, but except for a few bow and turkey hunters, camo is nearly worthless for the way most Mississippi and Southerners deer hunt. A great marketing plan, but I've killed most of my deer wearing blue jeans, a flannel shirt and crocs.

Cowbell
08-20-2023, 09:58 PM
Off-topic, but E\except for a few bow and turkey hunters, camo is nearly worthless for the way most Mississippi and Southerners deer hunt. A great marketing plan, but I've killed most of my deer wearing blue jeans, a flannel shirt and crocs.
That's correct on deer - not turkeys or ducks

viverlibre
08-20-2023, 10:23 PM

I hunt turkey from a blind, but I do understand being a "stalker." I don't duck hunt, but aren't most ducks hunted from a blind?

Harrydawg
08-21-2023, 02:33 AM
We are revamping now moving major league fund raisers to NIL Bulldog Club is basically self sufficient - renewals, ticket sales etc - we don?t need any real fund raisers there anymore - move guys like Bard and Bo Hemphill to NIL and let them do there things with Charlie. That?s the way and Selmon knows how to raise money - I promise.

Pancho
08-21-2023, 04:56 AM

We shoot all 3 from the porch. Just be sure to avoid the cows.

DownwardDawg
08-21-2023, 10:27 AM
Off-topic, but except for a few bow and turkey hunters, camo is nearly worthless for the way most Mississippi and Southerners deer hunt. A great marketing plan, but I've killed most of my deer wearing blue jeans, a flannel shirt and crocs.

You can get within 5 yards of a deer wearing that. I don't pay attention to my clothes anymore when I'm deer hunting. If it's freezing outside, I have some navy blue coveralls that are the warmest things ever. Built for work in Alaska! I've slayed many a deer wearing them.

Duckdog
08-21-2023, 10:33 AM
I hunt turkey from a blind, but I do understand being a "stalker." I don't duck hunt, but aren't most ducks hunted from a blind?

no

viverlibre
08-21-2023, 11:41 AM
We are revamping now moving major league fund raisers to NIL Bulldog Club is basically self sufficient - renewals, ticket sales etc - we don?t need any real fund raisers there anymore - move guys like Bard and Bo Hemphill to NIL and let them do there things with Charlie. That?s the way and Selmon knows how to raise money - I promise.

This is reassuring.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2023, 01:52 PM
Haven?t they sold out to a national corporation? So maybe they?re no longer local.

No that's RealTree..It is Walmart who is rumored to be buying Realtree since they are the ones who are for sale!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2023, 01:54 PM
You probably hunt out of a shoothouse or a blind too don't you?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2023, 01:55 PM

Makes sense since Mossy Oak was created originally for turkey hunting.

RezDog7
08-22-2023, 02:41 PM
You probably hunt out of a shoothouse or a blind too don't you?

If you ain't wearing Sitka, are you really hunting? ***

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2023, 02:55 PM
haha I call it Shitka

viverlibre
08-22-2023, 03:50 PM
If you ain't wearing Sitka, are you really hunting? ***

I do get tickled when deer hunters will wear $500 worth of gear and sit in an enclosed blind.