PDA

View Full Version : Football Prediction

basedog
08-18-2023, 07:42 AM
No team ever has won 3 National Championships in a row. I don't think Georgia will set the record with 3 in a row, they may make the playoffs, but someone will beat them as the target on their back will grow much bigger this year as will the pressure.

I also don't think Bama will be a top 4 team this year.

I see us winning 8 games also.

civildawg
08-18-2023, 07:46 AM
I could be way off but Bama is going to lose 3-4 games. How many times did Bryce young bail them out in the 4th quarter last year? Probably 4-5 times. He's gone and they've downgraded at the OC position.

parabrave
08-18-2023, 08:06 AM
LSU and UGA fight it out. We go at least 9/

Apoplectic
08-18-2023, 08:06 AM
georgia is better bama players with better coaches. they will win it with D and a solid running game.

Tater
08-18-2023, 08:07 AM
I could be way off but Bama is going to lose 3-4 games. How many times did Bryce young bail them out in the 4th quarter last year? Probably 4-5 times. He's gone and they've downgraded at the OC position.

Disagree on OC. Going from BOB to not BOB is an upgrade. He was asssss. Same for going from Golding to Not Golding.

Reason2succeed
08-18-2023, 08:17 AM
This is the 25 year anniversary of State winning the West and we have a punchers chance this year. We need to beat either LSU or Alabama and make the race ugly. Hopefully we can win the tie breaker. It would be so poetic to finally break our losing streak to Bama in the last year we play them annually and to win the West in its last year of existence. 9-3

HancockCountyDog
08-18-2023, 09:02 AM
This is the 25 year anniversary of State winning the West and we have a punchers chance this year. We need to beat either LSU or Alabama and make the race ugly. Hopefully we can win the tie breaker. It would be so poetic to finally break our losing streak to Bama in the last year we play them annually and to win the West in its last year of existence. 9-3

I totally agree. Most years I don't want LSU and Bama at home. This year I do. You don't keep together a team with this many seniors and just hope for 8 wins. I'm still just pissed that the LSU game is at 11:00. Such bullshit.

Coach34
08-18-2023, 09:30 AM
I totally agree. Most years I don't want LSU and Bama at home. This year I do. You don't keep together a team with this many seniors and just hope for 8 wins. I'm still just pissed that the LSU game is at 11:00. Such bullshit.

I think it being at 11am gives us our only chance to beat them

Tater
08-18-2023, 09:43 AM

We're gonna beat them 10 ways from Sunday. Our team is pissed about last year's performance and that one is going to be the coming out party.

Maverick91
08-18-2023, 09:49 AM
We're gonna beat them 10 ways from Sunday. Our team is pissed about last year's performance and that one is going to be the coming out party.

Couldnt agree more. I’m still salty about that lose, they had no business beating us that night.

Maverick91
08-18-2023, 11:12 AM
This is an educated homers perspective.

The uglier bulldog makes it to the playoff as their schedule is cake outside of Tennessee.

As for the beautiful, majestic, and downright mean, your Holy Excellency of the Territory of Mississippi honored by the name of Bully locally known as Jak and son to the late and great Champ. He is going to eat the four non-cons like they were an old dusty bone, as for the eight unfortunates that have to play Him year over year this is how its going to go.

1. LSU: Bully is pissed, livid, aggravated, and still irritated at himself for getting lax last year at halftime. After some self reflection he recognized that he brought out the celebratory beef marrow bones to early and lost focus. Not happening this year at home. Brian Kelly caught lighting in a bottle last year and will digress this year.
2. Ugly Roosters: I know it is at their house and they have a great atmosphere. I think that team is way to up and down, if the boys are able to go in there and not allow them to catch life I think it is a pretty comfy win. I believe we are to tough mentally and physically to lose that game.
3. Big ugly Elephant: Who would have thought that a freaking elephant mascot would rule college football as much as they have, crazy. If there was ever a year for us to get them it is this year. Two new coordinators, OC still young kinda unproven, i'm not sorry but to run the OC at Notre Dame ant nothing compared to what he will have to do at Bama, and then you add in the factor that they are having legit QB issues and we get them at home. Now is our chance. Also, I am still livid at the disrespect that Kirk Herbstreit had towards Bully last year. I think we get them this year.
4. Pig Soup: This is the make it or break year for Sam Pittman, he had two great coordinators the last three years, now we will have to see what he can do as an actual coach. My gut feeling is that they are going to fall like Gene Chizik did at Auburn once he lost Malzahn. I think this is a comfy win again even at their house.
5. Fighting wareagles: It has been brought up a few times that they play ole piss the week before us, win or lose they are going to be so mentally drained from getting prepared to play that game add in that we will be riding an extreme high. I think another relatively easy win.
6. Kentucky: homecoming, legit jerseys, it is Kentucky, they dont beat us at home ever, revenge for the great pick six Forbes had last year. Yeah, the dawgs get this one nicely. IT'S KENTUCKY!
7. A$M: Jimbo could be fired by this point. I hope that isnt the case to be honest due to the bump teams get once the interim coach steps in, especially since it would more than likely be a very proven head coach. I want them kinda limping by as we just go over there and smother them by this point in the season we are tasting blood before we even leave campus. All jokes aside, I have never thought Jimbo was a tough coach and I just dont see them matching our physicality.
8. Brainwashed, two-faced, trashbags just north of us called ole piss located in the town of Pissville: Yeah, we take the egg home again this year. It is at home, we honestly should have beaten them the last three years, I think the boys know this and they want another one for Leach as well, they also don't want to be walking into Atlanta with the piss stain of that lose beforehand.

Yes, we go 12-0. I said what I said, you can disagree and you have a right to have an inappropriate opinion.

All jokes aside, I do not see any team on this schedule that we couldn't beat. We are a bounce here, throw there away from having the "football luck" bounce our way this year. If the boys play fast, physical, smart ball it can happen this year. It couldn't happen to a group of young men more deserving than them.

TrapGame
08-18-2023, 01:47 PM
If we beat LSU look the **** out! We are going to have one hell of a season. It could be 1998 all over again.

DownwardDawg
08-18-2023, 02:29 PM
I think we are going to beat LSU. It's gonna be an ugly 110 degree physical battle. I think they fold late.

parabrave
08-18-2023, 05:17 PM
I think we are going to beat LSU. It's gonna be an ugly 110 degree physical battle. I think they fold late.

And make them wear Purple Jerseys.

dawgday166
08-18-2023, 05:22 PM

Why's that? And why couldn't we beat them at night?

TaleofTwoDogs
08-18-2023, 06:39 PM
Three simple words separate our team from 7-5 and 12-0.

THE IT FACTOR

2014 had it but lost it some where outside of Tuscaloosa. If we hang on to it tightly then 10 to 12 wins is possible. Moxie is all it takes (plus a little talent too and we have talent).

Captain Falcon
08-18-2023, 07:25 PM
I am also at 8-4 but I think the LSU and South Carolina games specifically will tell us a lot. Win both and you can have a special kind of year. Split and you can still have a very good year. Lose both and you probably have to win 6 of your last 7 just to finish 8-4.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2023, 07:53 PM
I really with the USCe game was at home. Not because I think it gives us any advantage we need. I just hate hearing that annoying as **** rooster crow they play 87,000 times during the game.

TrapGame
08-18-2023, 09:25 PM
I really with the USCe game was at home. Not because I think it gives us any advantage we need. I just hate hearing that annoying as **** rooster crow they play 87,000 times during the game.

Playing at South Carolina always makes me think of that RAT game from the late '90s. Taking Cocky's lunch money until they put the freshman QB in. That's what I'm kinda worried about with this game. We own Spencer Rattler until one of our DEs sacks him and bounces his noggin off the turf. Then the second string QB gets in and looks like Dak playing LSU in 2014.

parabrave
08-18-2023, 10:52 PM
Playing at South Carolina always makes me think of that RAT game from the late '90s. Taking Cocky's lunch money until they put the freshman QB in. That's what I'm kinda worried about with this game. We own Spencer Rattler until one of our DEs sacks him and bounces his noggin off the turf. Then the second string QB gets in and looks like Dak playing LSU in 2014.

That was 2000 and Jackies downslide started there

Coach34
08-18-2023, 11:20 PM
Why's that? And why couldn't we beat them at night?

Historically- LSU simply plays better at night. They are spoiled and hate 11am games. Their fans abhor them. They dont play them very often. Tenn raped them at 11am last year when they won the West. They are simply a different team at night

Reason2succeed
08-19-2023, 03:15 AM

I was in the band that day and I will never forget what I saw during THAT pregame. I saw plenty of pregame drills by teams by SC under Lou Holtz had their offensive linemen intentionally trying to put their helmet on the exposed neck of their opponent. The clang from the helmets colliding was so loud. Eventually two SC OL got their helmets stuck together. That crap isn?t legal anymore I don?t think.

Todd4State
08-19-2023, 04:33 AM
Historically- LSU simply plays better at night. They are spoiled and hate 11am games. Their fans abhor them. They dont play them very often. Tenn raped them at 11am last year when they won the West. They are simply a different team at night

They also struggled on the road last year. We'll see if that happens again this year.

TrapGame
08-19-2023, 08:54 AM

2000?

I coulda sworn that was 1997. I was watching that game at my grandmother's house trying really hard not to swear.

TrapGame
08-19-2023, 08:57 AM

I hope we get the lethargic sleep walking LSU of 2009. We damn near beat them at 11am with a first year head coach and a leprechaun at QB.

maroonmania
08-19-2023, 09:06 AM

Don't we all? Especially in September. But agree that LSU seems to hate all day games. Doesn't give them enough pre-game drinking time.

R2Dawg
08-19-2023, 09:58 AM

I think the real downslide happened in 2001 SC at home after 911. That loss set the tone in 2001 for a terrible year. We had a good year in 2000. Yes a bad loss that shouldn't have happened in 2000 at SC.

Jarius
08-19-2023, 02:00 PM

Not at home. We need night games at home. The stadium will be much louder at night than at 11 am. We beat them in 17 at night. Everyone wants home night games. Everyone wants road early games to keep the crowd out of it to an extent.

Maverick91
08-19-2023, 02:41 PM
Not at home. We need night games at home. The stadium will be much louder at night than at 11 am. We beat them in 17 at night. Everyone wants home night games. Everyone wants road early games to keep the crowd out of it to an extent.

Agreed! We would have beat them in ‘15 as well if Dannyboy knew how to clock manage.

dawgday166
08-19-2023, 02:54 PM
This year ... we should win 10, 9 minimum. We might could beat Bama, but SEC will never let that happen while Saban is there. We'll probably have some horrible calls to begin the game to demoralize our team and make it apparent we're playing not just Bama, but the refs too. So that's an auto-loss.

LSU is a challenge ... probably has close to best QB in league IMO, Oline was young last year and will be better, and they do have the best LB in league IMO. He will give Will problemos.

Worried about USCe and TAM with Petrino. Petrino doesn't take as long as some in getting offense installed and working with what he's got. That kinda depends on Jimbo and Petrino's working relationship tho.

AU ... whole new coaching staff. AR ... 2 new coordinators. KY ... at home. OM ... at home.

We do have a new OC & DC but DC is internal hire to Zach, who is HC now. And everyone on here is raving about how much better we gonna be on O this year. If that's the case, we should win 10, since we were close to that last year with an O that "sucked", and GA isn't on our schedule either. Losses really come down to Bama, maybe LSU, USCe, TAM (shouldn't be all three tho IMO) ... anything else is a WTF game.

TrapGame
08-19-2023, 10:37 PM
If we beat LSU the college football world will implode.

Coach34
08-19-2023, 10:55 PM

It will get attention fo sho. Its early on and benefits us

Tater
08-19-2023, 11:50 PM

Beat LSU. Beat a non original SEC member. Beat a top 3 sec team from Alabama. Back to back to back. Where have I heard that story before.

Duckdog
08-21-2023, 09:21 AM

WOOL!!!!!!!