PDA

View Full Version : Minshew mania already dead in Indy

RockyDog
08-15-2023, 10:24 AM
Richardson has been named the starter after preseason game 1. Good luck to them. Guess they haven?t heard that the NFL is a passing league.

Dawgface
08-15-2023, 10:37 AM
If I were a Colts fan I would have a hard time being fired up.

DEDawg
08-15-2023, 11:48 AM
There's no reason whatsoever to not let Richardson start. why wouldn't you?

Maverick91
08-15-2023, 02:04 PM
Did I miss something on Richardson? He has a terrible to mediocre record with a talent rich team and his states do not jump off the board.

Is it really just his measurable?s?

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-15-2023, 03:12 PM
Did I miss something on Richardson? He has a terrible to mediocre record with a talent rich team and his states do not jump off the board.

Josh Allen had like a 58% comp percent and a bad record vs awful competition. Nobody really knows who is or isn't going to pan out, but QB is so important you've got to use a 1st at anyone woth potential. Richardson is an unbelievable athlete and they paired him with Jalen Hurts' OC to try and play to his strengths. I'm not optimistic but what else can the Colts do? Tank this year and go QB hunting in 24?

msstate7
08-15-2023, 03:35 PM
There's no reason whatsoever to not let Richardson start. why wouldn't you?

Exactly. They suck. At least let the rookie take his lumps while they suck anyway

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2023, 06:46 PM

Unlike others like Lamar Jackson, Richardson sucks.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2023, 06:47 PM
Nothing like taking a QB in the first round one year just to tank the next to draft another one in the first round.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2023, 06:49 PM
Nothing like taking a QB in the first round one year just to rank the next to draft another one in the first round.

Minshew is twice the QB Richardson is and will ever be. Richardson is like that Kellen Mond with a little better speed. Mond is never going to do anything in the NFL either. Neither has the IT.

DEDawg
08-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Nothing like taking a QB in the first round one year just to rank the next to draft another one in the first round.

Minshew is twice the QB Richardson is and will ever be. Richardson is like that Kellen Mond with a little better speed. Mond is never going to do anything in the NFL either. Neither has the IT.

Bro come on

Coach34
08-15-2023, 08:50 PM
Why would you start Minshew? He is a career back-up. He is with his 3rd team in 5 years for a reason. If he was good- teams wouldnt let him go. QB play is a premium in the NFL

Lord McBuckethead
08-16-2023, 12:32 AM
Minshew is better than Richardson, calling it now. Nothing about Richardson says he can even be a backup based on his skill set I have seen.

Pancho
08-16-2023, 05:39 AM
bottom line- Indy isn't a very good team either way.

Lord McBuckethead
08-16-2023, 08:30 AM
That is true. I wish Minshew would have gone to the Saints. Crab legs isn?t smart enough to be the guy.

PMDawg
08-16-2023, 09:39 AM
Why would you start Minshew? He is a career back-up. He is with his 3rd team in 5 years for a reason. If he was good- teams wouldnt let him go. QB play is a premium in the NFL

Only viable reason is to not ruin Richardson in year 1. Let him come along a little slower before his confidence is completely shot. Not saying that's the right take, only that it's the only take that would make any sense on the matter.

StarkVegasSteve
08-16-2023, 10:05 AM

Yes. It really is just that. All these teams are trying to find the next Josh Allen. Richardson and Levis will both be busts because they were taken solely on measurable. Heck at least with Richardson you could make an argument Florida just did not let him throw it. The tape has been out on Levis for two years that he cannot throw it accurately and makes poor reads.

HailState2008
08-16-2023, 10:05 AM
Minshew is better than Richardson, calling it now. Nothing about Richardson says he can even be a backup based on his skill set I have seen.

Bad take. Let?s visit this back later this season.

StarkVegasSteve
08-16-2023, 10:18 AM

Minshew has a much lower ceiling but a higher floor than Richardson. He is and always will be a solid NFL backup. Which is a pretty damn good gig if you can get it.

RockyDog
08-16-2023, 10:35 AM
I just find it a little head scratching the decisions that Indy has made. All you heard a couple of years ago was they were poised for a run because they had all this talent at OL, their defense was loaded and all they were missing was a QB. Since then they've gone with Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan, then brought in Minshew prior to drafting Richardson. I certainly don't think Minshew is the long term answer, but Richardson seems like he could be one of those prime candidates to become a first round bust after a potentially disastrous rookie season.

This isn't the age of the NFL where Aikman went 0-11 or Peyton went 3-13 throwing 28 picks and went on to Hall of Fame careers. The QBs these days are set up for failure and then deemed busts and are out of the league in record time if they put up numbers like that.

DEDawg
08-16-2023, 10:41 AM
That is true. I wish Minshew would have gone to the Saints. Crab legs isn?t smart enough to be the guy.

Jamies is not even your guy. You guys gave David Carr 150M

DEDawg
08-16-2023, 10:45 AM
I just find it a little head scratching the decisions that Indy has made. All you heard a couple of years ago was they were poised for a run because they had all this talent at OL, their defense was loaded and all they were missing was a QB. Since then they've gone with Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan, then brought in Minshew prior to drafting Richardson. I certainly don't think Minshew is the long term answer, but Richardson seems like he could be one of those prime candidates to become a first round bust after a potentially disastrous rookie season.

This isn't the age of the NFL where Aikman went 0-11 or Peyton went 3-13 throwing 28 picks and went on to Hall of Fame careers. The QBs these days are set up for failure and then deemed busts and are out of the league in record time if they put up numbers like that.

Regarding the Colts specifically, they are an anomaly akin to the Redskins because they have an insane owner. Irsay is the worst owner in the league and meddles.

Disagree with your take on QBs. Trevor lead the jags to the first pick his rookie year, nobody considered him a bust. He will be a top 5 QB this year. Just needed time and a not horrible HC. Justin Fields is going into his third year after leading the Bears to the first pick this year. This is his make or break year. Nobody is moving off of a top 5 guy after one year UNLESS you wind up with the #1 pick and there is a generational guy there. Bears would have moved off Fields this year if Caleb was coming out.

RockyDog
08-16-2023, 11:01 AM
Regarding the Colts specifically, they are an anomaly akin to the Redskins because they have an insane owner. Irsay is the worst owner in the league and meddles.

Disagree with your take on QBs. Trevor lead the jags to the first pick his rookie year, nobody considered him a bust. He will be a top 5 QB this year. Just needed time and a not horrible HC. Justin Fields is going into his third year after leading the Bears to the first pick this year. This is his make or break year. Nobody is moving off of a top 5 guy after one year UNLESS you wind up with the #1 pick and there is a generational guy there. Bears would have moved off Fields this year if Caleb was coming out.

I think Fields is a better comparison. Lawrence has always been considered a generational talent and his rookie season wasn't atrocious. He put up decent yardage and 17 picks is high but not terrible. The Jags were just garbage. Richardson could fall in to the long category of guys like Josh Rosen, Jamarcus, Brady Quinn, EJ Manuel, Bortles, Manziel, etc.

Like someone said previously, it just seems weird that a guy who doesn't have a history of throwing in college or wasn't "allowed" to throw is going to lead an NFL franchise in a league that does nothing but throw these days.

Lord McBuckethead
08-16-2023, 11:27 AM

Yeah, because Trevor is actually good and shows you that he is actually good. Even when throwing to the other team his first season.
Richardson, Kellen Mond, Levis..... all just generally suck. Good enough for a terrible UF team, under achieving aTm and a run of the mill Kentucky team but not any NFL team.

Captain Falcon
08-16-2023, 01:26 PM
I don?t think anybody expects the Colts to be a playoff team this year with either Richardson or Minshew. If you are gonna stink, might as well play the guy with the higher ceiling, maybe you can get creative and find something that will work.

He is very very green, no doubt. But the athleticism is no joke. If he does ever figure it out as a passer, he can be an unreal QB. I think Irsay stinks but at least the Colts are trying something different after the Wentz and Ryan experiments that everyone knew were doomed to fail from the start.

bobcat91
08-16-2023, 09:33 PM
Minshew will play a lot. Richardson is a scatter arm piece of crap.