PDA

View Full Version : Coach 34

Westdawg
08-14-2023, 05:30 PM
Would you please clear some of your inbox?
I had a question for you if you don?t mind. Thanks

parabrave
08-14-2023, 07:29 PM
I have a good question for not only 34 but all posters involved in High Schools sports. Why in the world would you have Football games in the 1st part of August. I graduated in 79 and we didn't even start 2 a days till mid aug and the season started in September when it was COOLER.

TALL DAWG
08-14-2023, 07:30 PM
If my 57 yr young memory is correct?Coach 34 was one of the FIRST to call the Blind Side story mostly BS.
To that, I?ll raise a beer and say ?Hail to Coach 34? on his take many yrs ago!

Dawgology
08-14-2023, 07:44 PM
I have a good question for not only 34 but all posters involved in High Schools sports. Why in the world would you have Football games in the 1st part of August. I graduated in 79 and we didn't even start 2 a days till mid aug and the season started in September when it was COOLER.

Agreed! It’s BS and the state isn’t letting them push back start times this year. Government bureaucrat dumbasses

Coach34
08-14-2023, 07:50 PM
If my 57 yr young memory is correct?Coach 34 was one of the FIRST to call the Blind Side story mostly BS.
To that, I?ll raise a beer and say ?Hail to Coach 34? on his take many yrs ago!

Yes I was. That was info shared to me to be spread. Great memory my man

inbox is cleared out some

Coach34
08-14-2023, 07:52 PM

Football practice has always started the 1st Monday of August in my lifetime with the 1st game of the season the 4th Friday of August. Teams play actual games earlier a week earlier now tho.

It's been ridiculous out there this August. My ass is feeling my age.

CaptainObvious
08-14-2023, 07:57 PM

Probably not what Westdawg wanted to ask 34, but I agree. Next week looks like this.
8 days starting this Friday: 103, 104, 103, 102, 103, 105, 105, 103. Games starting at 7:00 will still be in the mid-90?s at kickoff. But the players hit the field for warmups (boy is they a true statement) at 6:00. It will still be upper 90?s. That is bad for players, cheerleaders, band, dance team, fans and certainly elderly folks. Need to start football around second weekend of September. They already cut the High school regular season back to 10 games instead of the 11 they had been playing the past 6 years or so in the large classes.

9/8, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10. playoffs 11/17, 11/24, 12/1, Champs 12/8, exams week of 12/11 to 12/15. Easy peazy.

DeviousDawg
08-14-2023, 10:14 PM
Yes I was. That was info shared to me to be spread. Great memory my man

inbox is cleared out some

Taco Tuohy

parabrave
08-14-2023, 10:24 PM
In the 70's our season ran from Sept to 1st week of November. 11 games then one extra if you made a bowl game which we did. The Big 8 had playoffs. School, Catholic School, started last week of Aug Public schools after Labor Day. In mid August 2nd week we started 2 a days, 0730 and 300 with the 1st couple of days in Helmets, shoulder pads and Shorts. Lots of running and Blocking sleds, then the real practices started. And only 1 water break from a hose. Redstick Dog can verify since we were in school together.

Dawgface
08-15-2023, 07:18 AM
It's been ridiculous out there this August. My ass is feeling my age.

I don?t see how y?all do it. I haven?t played as much golf lately due to the heat. And I ride. But I?m an oldie at 69.

Don?t over do it.

Duckdog
08-15-2023, 08:57 AM
I don?t see how y?all do it. I haven?t played as much golf lately due to the heat. And I ride. But I?m an oldie at 69.

Don?t over do it.

As a high school baseball coach I can tell you getting older sucks, it sucks bad. But it gets my fatass out there doing stuff

sleepy dawg
08-15-2023, 08:58 AM

Don?t over do it.

I'm barely even going outside, much less doing any actual activities. I feel like I might catch fire walking from my car to the grocery store.

basedog
08-15-2023, 09:25 AM
Bunch of wimps, I'm 73 and ride my bike 4 times a week 25 miles around two hours. It's who I am and not bad with a wind breeze riding. LOL
I'm an ex coach who played all sports, hell we didn't have a/c till I was bout 12 or 13, played outside and my mother would leave water on back porch and tell me and friends don't come in house to mess it up after she mopped the floor. LMBO but true. U guys keep moving and stay healthy.

Dawgology
08-15-2023, 12:29 PM
Bunch of wimps, I'm 73 and ride my bike 4 times a week 25 miles around two hours. It's who I am and not bad with a wind breeze riding. LOL
I'm an ex coach who played all sports, hell we didn't have a/c till I was bout 12 or 13, played outside and my mother would leave water on back porch and tell me and friends don't come in house to mess it up after she mopped the floor. LMBO but true. U guys keep moving and stay healthy.

I think that’s the difference between then and now. No AC. People were outside a lot. There days you don’t get acclimated to the outside conditions because of modern conveniences. Most kids these days go to football practice for 3-4 hours then go home and play video games. Mine mows yards but outside of that he’s mainly inside cooling off or in the pool chilling after football practice. Well…you can’t really chill in the pool right now it’s basically a giant hot tub.

parabrave
08-15-2023, 12:42 PM
I think that’s the difference between then and now. No AC. People were outside a lot. There days you don’t get acclimated to the outside conditions because of modern conveniences. Most kids these days go to football practice for 3-4 hours then go home and play video games. Mine mows yards but outside of that he’s mainly inside cooling off or in the pool chilling after football practice. Well…you can’t really chill in the pool right now it’s basically a giant hot tub.

Yep/ I cleared brush from my dads properties and lifeguarded at night. Half of my classmates worked on shrimp boats in the summer. No one stayed inside back then. Today you are lucky to see kids outside now.

Ranchdawg
08-15-2023, 01:30 PM
Truth! It?s WAY too early to start high school sports. My granddaughter is a Jr High cheerleader. They have their first game next week. Thursday evening. It?s probably going to be mid nineties. Stupid!

Dawgface
08-15-2023, 01:42 PM

I ride a bike too, go on long walks every morning(early)with my dog and as I said play golf. But I do limit my activities when its crazy hot.

redstickdawg
08-15-2023, 05:41 PM

And I think that this has a lot to do with the obesity epidemic that we are seeing right now. Folks are now sitting inside in the AC and comfortable and the coolness makes it acceptable to eat more. When it is really hot and you have to brave the heat no one wants to eat too much and suffer.

coachnorm
08-15-2023, 05:51 PM

You have a valid observation. I played high school football in the 1960s and started coaching my son in youth football in 1979. Also, I have coached high school football for almost 20 years in addition to coaching JUCO ball also. I have attended uncountable football practices and can declare some differences in current HS Football practices compared to the past.

Many decades ago, there were no bye weeks in a HS Football schedule so that extension of season did not exists. Many decades ago, there were less play off games to extend the HS Football schedule also. If you remove the bye weeks and the scrub teams participating in play offs there is no need to start the practices earlier in the summer.

Then there is the tradeoff of non-play-off teams turning in gear in the first week of November after game 10. All of this is to get more HS Football gate money and television revenue. BTW HS Football is a huge television revenue source in Los Angeles.

In the 1960s NFL linemen were about 270 lbs. and a 235 lbs. high school lineman was considered large for that time period. There is a profound difference between a 250 lbs. lineman and a 320 lbs. lineman at the high school level. In many cases, if that 320 lbs. lineman exerts the same energy as the 250 lbs. lineman, there could be a tragedy on the football field.

Also, you brought up 2 a days. 2 a days were used to get players fit to play ball because they took the summer off. In the 2020s many high school football players are in the weight room at 6AM during the off season. There is absolutely no reason to attempt to condition athletes already in shape because of year-round conditioning. Excessive attempts to condition already trained athletes can cause physical fatigue on a high school football player. This will enhance the possibility of injuries towards the end of the season or the play-offs. This was not the case decades ago.

BigDawg81
08-15-2023, 08:46 PM
I'm an ex coach who played all sports, hell we didn't have a/c till I was bout 12 or 13, played outside and my mother would leave water on back porch and tell me and friends don't come in house to mess it up after she mopped the floor. LMBO but true. U guys keep moving and stay healthy.A/C has kept people inside. I?m only 42 but I don?t remember being this hot for this many consecutive days. I live in south Louisiana now and it?s been about 3 weeks since the high temp was less than 100

Coach34
08-15-2023, 08:57 PM
A/C has kept people inside. I?m only 42 but I don?t remember being this hot for this many consecutive days. I live in south Louisiana now and it?s been about 3 weeks since the high temp was less than 100

I can.

https://climatespy.com/climate/summary/united-states/louisiana/barksdale-afb/august/2011

It's so funny to me people think the world is getting hotter. The Climate Change grift politicians push to make money is working apparently. I still remember the 1970's when the media was telling us another Ice Age was coming

Coach34
08-15-2023, 09:00 PM
And I think that this has a lot to do with the obesity epidemic that we are seeing right now. Folks are now sitting inside in the AC and comfortable and the coolness makes it acceptable to eat more. When it is really hot and you have to brave the heat no one wants to eat too much and suffer.

Yes- this is the answer.

I have 3 brothers on my team. Sr/Jr/Frosh. The Sr/Frosh give the Jr absolute hell because he is so lazy. They talk about how a couple of weeks during the summer- he never stepped outside of the house even once. For an entire week. And this kid will line up Friday and play in the trenches on artificial turf. Why? Because we dont have anybody else above the 9th grade to replace him with

coachnorm
08-15-2023, 09:32 PM
A/C has kept people inside. I?m only 42 but I don?t remember being this hot for this many consecutive days. I live in south Louisiana now and it?s been about 3 weeks since the high temp was less than 100

Many good inputs from elietedoggers but on thing that I have stated is being filtered out of the discussion and I wish to hear about it from my fellow posters. The quality high school football programs have year round conditioning for those not active in other sports. If a year round conditioned football player puts the brakes on participation during extreme heat, it is no big deal, he has maxed out his potential. Believe it or not, some high school football players competing for positions at upper tiered programs, in America, have to be forced out of the conditioning room because they fear the depth chart.

Now if you have high school football teams with limited participation or motivation, that is a different story.

parabrave
08-15-2023, 09:43 PM
Year round conditioning is one thing. But being outside and getting "used to the heat" is another. Doing squats all year in air conditioning is great but hitting the blocking sled for an hour in August is another. I remember and you might also that when we played the country teams I've never been hit so hard. All these boys did in the summer was work the field baling hay and help daddy roof houses or pour concrete slabs/ And just to add to that with the schools going year round there will be no more summer jobs "baling hay" or and chances for boys to be working outside so I hope all schools have the resources to afford big weight sets because that will be the only chance they have to develop/

BigDawg81
08-16-2023, 04:03 AM
I can.

https://climatespy.com/climate/summary/united-states/louisiana/barksdale-afb/august/2011

It's so funny to me people think the world is getting hotter. The Climate Change grift politicians push to make money is working apparently. I still remember the 1970's when the media was telling us another Ice Age was coming
It?s crazy you brought up people listening politicians when you are the only one that brought up politics.

99jc
08-16-2023, 04:32 AM
I can.

no it is not getting hotter, the oceans are only 4 degrees warmer than normal. the polar caps are melting, and sea creatures are dying by the millions due to the increased water temp. come on man!

Pancho
08-16-2023, 05:37 AM
A dude can still go visit plymouth rock and the water ain't moved a lick since them pilgrims landed. this is hard for some to understand. My uncles family has had a spot in key west since 55 and the have more shore now than was there in the 60's. weird since the agua supposed to have the place covered by now..............

Coach34
08-16-2023, 08:21 AM
no it is not getting hotter, the oceans are only 4 degrees warmer than normal. the polar caps are melting, and sea creatures are dying by the millions due to the increased water temp. come on man!

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-sea-surface-temperature

See- this is where people go off the reservation. The oceans are 1.5 degrees warmer than it was 120 years ago

tcdog70
08-16-2023, 09:15 AM

Salt tablets-no water --practiced at 9 in morning and 2 in afternoon. people find it hard to believe no AC till a teenager. Then just in 1 room. as a kid left house in morning -came back for a pineapple and mayo sandwich then gone till supper.

tcdog70
08-16-2023, 09:18 AM
You have a valid observation. I played high school football in the 1960s and started coaching my son in youth football in 1979. Also, I have coached high school football for almost 20 years in addition to coaching JUCO ball also. I have attended uncountable football practices and can declare some differences in current HS Football practices compared to the past.

Many decades ago, there were no bye weeks in a HS Football schedule so that extension of season did not exists. Many decades ago, there were less play off games to extend the HS Football schedule also. If you remove the bye weeks and the scrub teams participating in play offs there is no need to start the practices earlier in the summer.

Then there is the tradeoff of non-play-off teams turning in gear in the first week of November after game 10. All of this is to get more HS Football gate money and television revenue. BTW HS Football is a huge television revenue source in Los Angeles.

In the 1960s NFL linemen were about 270 lbs. and a 235 lbs. high school lineman was considered large for that time period. There is a profound difference between a 250 lbs. lineman and a 320 lbs. lineman at the high school level. In many cases, if that 320 lbs. lineman exerts the same energy as the 250 lbs. lineman, there could be a tragedy on the football field.

Also, you brought up 2 a days. 2 a days were used to get players fit to play ball because they took the summer off. In the 2020s many high school football players are in the weight room at 6AM during the off season. There is absolutely no reason to attempt to condition athletes already in shape because of year-round conditioning. Excessive attempts to condition already trained athletes can cause physical fatigue on a high school football player. This will enhance the possibility of injuries towards the end of the season or the play-offs. This was not the case decades ago.

when HS football allowed OL to use their hands (hold) the the weights increased. fat boys could not pull and block with their shoulders.

ScoobaDawg
08-16-2023, 11:04 AM
Let's keep the politics out.... Global, warming or not... It's Damn hot and yes kids arent as conditioned to it as they used to be. Those are facts.

basedog
08-16-2023, 11:18 AM
Salt tablets-no water --practiced at 9 in morning and 2 in afternoon. people find it hard to believe no AC till a teenager. Then just in 1 room. as a kid left house in morning -came back for a pineapple and mayo sandwich then gone till supper.

Yep same here. Also folks think athletes were so much better now days which many are but back in our day toughness was required. No such thing as roughing the passer, crack back blocking allowed, blocking below the waist allowed (or knees), no running out of bounds and I could go on like playing both ways on offense and defense.
Can't tell how many times I was tackled with spearing and piling on. LOL but so true. Crazy times, not only no water at practice.
Very little to no weight training, we trained working summer jobs such as cutting grass with sling blade for the county and such.
My youngest daughter is a nurse, she says I'm too old to be riding 25 miles in this heat. I just laugh as I know my body signs pretty well. Good moving is important.

Commercecomet24
08-16-2023, 11:24 AM
Yep same here. Also folks thing athletes were so much better now days which many are but back in our day toughness was required. No such thing as roughing the passer, crack back blocking allowed, blocking below the waist allowed (or knees), no running out of bounds and I could go on like playing both ways on offense and defense.
Can't tell how many times I was tackled with spearing and biking on. LOL but so true. Crazy times, not only no water at practice.
Very little to no weight training, we trained working summer jobs such as cutting grass with sling blade for the county and such.
My youngest daughter is a nurse, she says I'm too old to be riding 25 miles in this heat. I just laugh as I know my body signs pretty well. Good moving is important.

Base speaks 100% truth. My grandfather worked his farm almost up until the day he died, in all seasons. That old man wore the same clothes everyday winter or summer, thick Dickies work shirt, overalls, a wide brimmed straw hat and boots. He worked out in the heat well into his 70s because he was conditioned to take that heat. He'd work from sun up until sun down and then go coonhunting at night. I guarantee you not one high school athlete in this country would last 15 minutes with him working out on the farm during the summer. I used to work with him every summer. He taught me a lot about how to handle weather, hot or cold and i'm grateful for him teaching the "old ways". I miss him.

Coach34
08-16-2023, 11:53 AM
My father's teams used to be in such good shape back in the 70's/80's. That 2 weeks of practice before school started were brutal. Same every year

Practiced from 4:30 to 8 (took a 10-15 minute break in the middle and then had kicker's/punters/Specialists work to let everyone get recharge). But he did focus on hydrating at practice. Was not one of the "anti-water" coaches

Then the dreaded 7:15 time would hit. Time to condition. bear crawls/sprints or push the sled/Mile for time. Just brutal. Had guys quit during this 2 week time every year but I will say this- his teams never had anybody cramping up early in the season. Won games in the 2nd half simply being in better shape. If we did that today we wouldnt keep more than 20 players

parabrave
08-16-2023, 01:30 PM
Yep same here. Also folks think athletes were so much better now days which many are but back in our day toughness was required. No such thing as roughing the passer, crack back blocking allowed, blocking below the waist allowed (or knees), no running out of bounds and I could go on like playing both ways on offense and defense.
Can't tell how many times I was tackled with spearing and piling on. LOL but so true. Crazy times, not only no water at practice.

Also back in the day we took salt tabs before practice. Blocking sleds for 1 hour and the good ole bull in the ring. Then the last 30 mins were 40 yd wind sprints. Talk about roughing the passer I played against Reggie Collier and everyone knew he had a weak collarbone. Think I and everyone else hit that shoulder after every play. And they still beat the crap out of us. Gene Lang had a Sprained ankle and yep that got twisted in the dog pile.

Goldendawg
08-16-2023, 01:50 PM
Graduated HS in 1973. We often practiced with our sleds on the dirt parking lot sprinkled with gravel adjacent to the stadium in early or mid-August. I don't remember very many water breaks in those days. I broke my foot running wind sprints and HC accused me of dogging it, (140 lb TE/WR/DE and painful to attempt to push off from stance). Finally convinced him when I showed up in cast after 2nd xray at 2nd clinic, stress fracture. I was out 6 games. Played against Larry Gillard and his 230 or so lbs in those years and we became friends through MSU years. Great player and person. We went both ways in games as we didn't even have 22 players to practice. We were terrible that year (1-9) and it seemed like it was Homecoming every time we played on the road, but we saw a lot of Corvettes and pretty girls in evening gowns at halftime!*****

TrapGame
08-16-2023, 02:09 PM
I remember starting 1st grade week of Labor Day 1977. Elvis died and my mom was crying in the kitchen. It wasn't until the mid 80's that we started the week before Labor Day. No AC in school until I hit high school in 1985. All the rooms in junior high had the big box fans going. Sounded like a wind tunnel.

Commercecomet24
08-16-2023, 02:13 PM
My father's teams used to be in such good shape back in the 70's/80's. That 2 weeks of practice before school started were brutal. Same every year

Practiced from 4:30 to 8 (took a 10-15 minute break in the middle and then had kicker's/punters/Specialists work to let everyone get recharge). But he did focus on hydrating at practice. Was not one of the "anti-water" coaches

Then the dreaded 7:15 time would hit. Time to condition. bear crawls/sprints or push the sled/Mile for time. Just brutal. Had guys quit during this 2 week time every year but I will say this- his teams never had anybody cramping up early in the season. Won games in the 2nd half simply being in better shape. If we did that today we wouldnt keep more than 20 players

Amazing how times have changed! Coach I think you're overestimating on that 20 number. I don't think you'd have anyone left, lol!

Coach34
08-16-2023, 02:52 PM
I remember starting 1st grade week of Labor Day 1977. Elvis died and my mom was crying in the kitchen. It wasn't until the mid 80's that we started the week before Labor Day. No AC in school until I hit high school in 1985. All the rooms in junior high had the big box fans going. Sounded like a wind tunnel.

I have figured out the problem- private schools started before public schools in the old days. Private schools started the first Monday of August and public schools started later because of kids riding buses and other reasons.

http://www.ahsfhs.org/mississippi/Teams/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1980&Team=Manhattan%20Academy

http://www.ahsfhs.org/mississippi/teams/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1979&Team=Hattiesburg

TrapGame
08-16-2023, 03:01 PM
I have figured out the problem- private schools started before public schools in the old days. Private schools started the first Monday of August and public schools started later because of kids riding buses and other reasons.

http://www.ahsfhs.org/mississippi/Teams/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1980&Team=Manhattan%20Academy

http://www.ahsfhs.org/mississippi/teams/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1979&Team=Hattiesburg

Makes sense.

NWADAWG
08-16-2023, 04:34 PM

I know in 1980, there was a heat wave in SE Arkansas where the high was over 100 (sometimes well over) for more than 30 consecutive days. It was a record. My dad had 2 weeks of vacation planned in the middle of that 30 day run and decided it was a great time to cut fire wood. That was 2 miserable weeks. You probably could have convinced young me that global warming was real and imminent.

99jc
08-16-2023, 05:37 PM
https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-sea-surface-temperature

See- this is where people go off the reservation. The oceans are 1.5 degrees warmer than it was 120 years ago

right now the main bodies of water surrounding the USA is 4 degrees warmer than normal...Weather channel this week!

Mjoelner34
08-16-2023, 05:38 PM
.... Talk about roughing the passer I played against Reggie Collier and everyone knew he had a weak collarbone. Think I and everyone else hit that shoulder after every play. And they still beat the crap out of us. Gene Lang had a Sprained ankle and yep that got twisted in the dog pile.

My old man played high school ball back in the early 40's. He told me they had wooden cleats that screwed into their shoes and the big thing back then was to screw in the cleats and beat your shoes against concrete to bust them and leave the screw heads sticking out. Made for some good stomping and raking.

Speaking of weight programs, we lifted during school but I don't recall any lifting during the summer, at least not until right before school started because we all had jobs. I didn't haul hay but I did haul watermelons in south Mississippi and because of that, heat during two-a-days was never an issue for me. I hated the morning practices. I don't mind being wet with sweat or wet with rain. I couldn't stand getting wet with dew from the morning stretches. I'd itch all through practice.

parabrave
08-16-2023, 05:43 PM
Catholic schools usually started last week of Aug and got out before Memorial day. Pub Schools always 1st week of June. Ole Notre Dame in Biloxi never had AC and was right next to the Biloxi Sewage plant and the discharge bayou. Afternoon practice always had a certain smell to it esp after 5 when everyone got home and flushed their commodes. But we did have the best "grass" growing behind the Gym.

parabrave
08-16-2023, 05:45 PM
My old man played high school ball back in the early 40's. He told me they had wooden cleats that screwed into their shoes and the big thing back then was to screw in the cleats and beat your shoes against concrete to bust them and leave the screw heads sticking out. Made for some good stomping and raking.

Speaking of weight programs, we lifted during school but I don't recall any lifting during the summer, at least not until right before school started because we all had jobs. I didn't haul hay but I did haul watermelons in south Mississippi and because of that, heat during two-a-days was never an issue for me. I hated the morning practices. I don't mind being wet with sweat or wet with rain. I couldn't stand getting wet with dew from the morning stretches. I'd itch all through practice.

Did you go to George County??

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-16-2023, 06:27 PM
Hard times make hard men. Easy times make weak men.

Lot of truth in these comments, I think the country would be better if some of us young ens had grown up under tougher conditions.

... I'm still keeping my AC though, and am not afraid to hit an old man who comes for it

Mjoelner34
08-16-2023, 08:15 PM
Did you go to George County??

Mount Olive

parabrave
08-16-2023, 08:59 PM
Mount Olive

George County is famous for its Watermelons

tcdog70
08-17-2023, 08:35 AM

Ha, crack back block--sent many kids home.. how about the old head slap.it was rough on a center. Kids now days probably couldn't figure how to use a sling blade---there was a technique to it.

TrapGame
08-17-2023, 09:50 AM
I know in 1980, there was a heat wave in SE Arkansas where the high was over 100 (sometimes well over) for more than 30 consecutive days. It was a record. My dad had 2 weeks of vacation planned in the middle of that 30 day run and decided it was a great time to cut fire wood. That was 2 miserable weeks. You probably could have convinced young me that global warming was real and imminent.

Yep, Summer of 1980. 100+ degree heat for several weeks w/ zero rain. My grandfather was constantly watering his garden. Didn't have to worry about cutting grass. It was dead.

BrunswickDawg
08-17-2023, 10:13 AM
Yep, Summer of 1980. 100+ degree heat for several weeks w/ zero rain. My grandfather was constantly watering his garden. Didn't have to worry about cutting grass. It was dead.

It was that way in GA too. Record of 105 in Atlanta for 3 straight days. We had no AC and spent the entire summer at my Dad's best-friends house who had a pool AND AC. My Dad kept him in beer on the weekends and we essentially lived at their house.
My Dad bought some cheap inflatable canoes and they would have PBR fueled races to see would lap the pool fastest. We moved at the end of that summer to a house with AC plus my elementary schooled added it - it was like we had died and gone to heaven after that heat wave.

Coach34
08-17-2023, 10:20 AM

That’s what reminded me about 2011. Didn’t have to cut the yard for about a month