PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State "conspiracy theories" about Michael Oher and the blindside are FACT

Tater
08-14-2023, 11:42 AM
Oher wants his money. I'm ****ing rolling

redstickdawg
08-14-2023, 11:51 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38190720/blind-side-subject-michael-oher-alleges-adoption-was-lie-family-took-all-film-proceeds

I was just coming over to paste the link to the article, everything that we have said about scum comes to the surface. I hope that he gets paid biggly and that opens a can of worms for the rebels.

Todd4State
08-14-2023, 11:55 AM
You hate to see it.

Reason2succeed
08-14-2023, 12:18 PM
Couldn?t have happened to better people. 😬🤣😜😉

confucius say
08-14-2023, 12:56 PM
Don't forget Freeze's role in all this.

Best friend is tuohy
They get oher to briarcrest, where freeze coaches
Oher turned down Bama, lsu, auburn, and TN to go to OM despite OM sucking at the time.
Freeze is Hired by OM 20 days after oher signed.
NCAA investigates
Oher is cleared. He took online classes from BYU to get eligible
Freeze is found guilty of recruiting violations.
That's just the clean version.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Oher

parabrave
08-14-2023, 01:03 PM
Wyatt talking about this now. Didn't Oher hate the movie anyway?

BrunswickDawg
08-14-2023, 01:28 PM
Wyatt talking about this now. Didn't Oher hate the movie anyway?

Yes - he has stated multiple times that they took huge licenses. Including the fact that he wasn't homeless.

msudawglb
08-14-2023, 01:44 PM
Man, this Briarcrest, Freeze, Oher, Touhy, Ole Miss love circle is pretty bad looking. I also seem to remember some rumors floating around about a certain coach and a Briarcrest girls basketball player? Hush money and stuff like that.

TrapGame
08-14-2023, 01:59 PM
Yes - he has stated multiple times that they took huge licenses. Including the fact that he wasn't homeless.

And that he supposedly didn't know anything about playing football. Total and complete BS.

trojandawg
08-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Somewhere in there has always been the truth that everyone knew.

Negative Waves
08-14-2023, 02:06 PM
Ole Miss is an addict to vanity. Gotta be the center of attention no matter the cost. I don't think any other school comes close, and of course they have to be our in-state rival.

TrapGame
08-14-2023, 02:10 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38190720/blind-side-subject-michael-oher-alleges-adoption-was-lie-family-took-all-film-proceeds

I was just coming over to paste the link to the article, everything that we have said about scum comes to the surface. I hope that he gets paid biggly and that opens a can of worms for the rebels.

Wow. That article is scathing. The Touhy's knew he was a future piggy bank. Disgusting. And Lee Ann is still going around giving speeches like she's the Mother Teresa of Oxford.

Really Clark?
08-14-2023, 02:14 PM
Do you know how you know that they were not completely altruistic with Ohor, he had several other siblings that they were not hosting. Just the major football recruit that was already known before they really got invested in him.

Bubb Rubb
08-14-2023, 02:22 PM
Do you know how you know that they were not completely altruistic with Ohor, he had several other siblings that they were not hosting. Just the major football recruit that was already known before they really got invested in him.

This is the money post in the thread. If the Touhys cared about giving an underprivileged kid from the inner city a new life and the experience was so rewarding for them, they would've done it more than once - and not all would be world class athletes.

Bottom line is Oher was already a stud and the Touhys saw an opportunity to help Ole Miss and eventually sell a story and make some money. That's all this has ever been about. I hope Oher bankrupts them.

Cowbell
08-14-2023, 02:57 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same....

Ranchdawg
08-14-2023, 03:47 PM
What angers about the article is that Freeze and ole Miss will get away with all their false narrative of Oher. They played it to appear that the Touhys saved this indigent inner city black kid that all of the sudden once he started living with the Touhys and started playing football at Briarcrest high school under Freeze that so happened to be Sean Touhys best buddy. That Freeze immediately saw Oher?s future as tremendous athelet that could would make any blue blood college football team in the country. Freeze with Touhys help guided Oher to Ole Miss when in truth Oher could have gone to Bama Clemson Notre Dame ect.

Also Touhy got Oher to play at Ole Miss when actually if Touhy was damn concerned about Oher he would have guided Oher to play at a much more reputable Univ. that would have provided Oher with much more training and help to get him to the NFL. But Touhy was so worried about his alma mater and what he had promised all his Ole Miss buddies that he was going to save Ole Miss by getting this no 1 recruit to come play football at Ole Miss.

One thing I find hilarious is that I seriously doubt that Oher ever gave the Touhys one penny of the millions Oher made in the NFL.

Joebob
08-14-2023, 04:00 PM
I'm glad I never fell for the B.S in that movie. I told my wife (who's not from Mississippi and doesn't know the Ole Miss fandom like I do) years ago that this story, as portrayed, could not possibly be true. If you're not skeptical, you're gullible.

SailingDawg
08-14-2023, 04:04 PM
OM trash shows their asses again.

SpaceWranglerDawg
08-14-2023, 05:07 PM
What a bunch of idiots. They truly believed they were helping the kid out of the kindness of their heart. I hope a judge awards him a bunch from those charlatans.

Westdawg
08-14-2023, 05:15 PM
I coached in Memphis city schools right after the movie came out.
Every HS coach in Memphis was recruiting Oher to play for them?.yeah, its a real thing that still happens even now with kids in and around the LOOP. They all said the same thing - Oher was known by everyone as a legit can?t miss player for a WHILE. He didn?t just learn football when the Touhys ?took him in?. And EVERYBODY that coached around there hated Freeze. The rumors were everywhere about things supposedly taking place even back then.
And they all knew about his siblings being left out in this whole charade.
To hear that they messed Oher over with all the money and rights, it really does begin to pull back the cover to a nasty nasty situation that is about to be exposed on a national scale

THE Bruce Dickinson
08-14-2023, 05:17 PM
Can the NCAA strip Sandra Bullock of her Oscar?

Tater
08-14-2023, 05:41 PM
I just want them to make a sequel with all the same actors showing how they faked this for money and took advantage of a kid.

Martianlander
08-14-2023, 05:54 PM
Can the NCAA strip Sandra Bullock of her Oscar?

If they do tsun will claim four more Miss America's that they didn't actually win.

R2Dawg
08-14-2023, 06:52 PM
And that he supposedly didn't know anything about playing football. Total and complete BS.

Yep, they made him look dumb and the plantation folks came and saved him. When hollywood gets ahold of a story, get ready it gets mucked up.

lastmajordog
08-14-2023, 08:04 PM
del

schddog72
08-14-2023, 08:42 PM
I won?t watch that movie, I?m waiting on the superman flying out of a hotel window.......or a John Grisham novel on the FBI sending a high powered Oxford lawyer to jail after evidence found buying fb players with money from a frivolous lawsuit and bribing a Judge from a wiretap.

Never seen that movie, and never will. I'm a big Sandra Bullock fan, but that's the one of her movies I will never watch.

TrapGame
08-14-2023, 08:54 PM
Never seen that movie, and never will. I'm a big Sandra Bullock fan, but that's the one of her movies I will never watch.

Me too. I have no desire to see that movie. It's total fantasy.

EdwardDrayton
08-14-2023, 09:23 PM
The truth likely is somewhere in the middle.

Really Clark?
08-14-2023, 09:31 PM

Nope. Unless you mean in the middle of a steaming pile of UM excrement

Schultzy
08-14-2023, 10:09 PM

No

DeviousDawg
08-14-2023, 10:16 PM
Wait?. The Tuohy?s are liars?

No way, I don?t believe it.

Cowbell
08-14-2023, 10:32 PM
All you have to do is go check out her Instagram. That woman is spending RIDICULOUS amounts of money on clothes and trips and then posting about others to adopt every third post or so. I wonder if they have ever adopted.
I Learned a long time ago that the few people that have great wealth that really actually use it to help others don't flaunt the wealth and they often hide it in a way that most aren't aware. All wealthy people are philanthropists in some way. They have to check the feel good box. Few actually give sacrificially and from their heart.

KOdawg1
08-15-2023, 07:31 AM
Wait, you mean to tell me they didn't adopt a 6'7, 300 lb black dude purely out of the kindness of their heart?????

SailingDawg
08-15-2023, 10:00 AM
Wonder how Auburn is feeling about now? Hah, they couldn?t care less.

Commercecomet24
08-15-2023, 11:03 AM
Wait, you mean to tell me they didn't adopt a 6'7, 300 lb black dude purely out of the kindness of their heart?????

It's hard to believe anyone even bought this story. I mean if they had so much love and kindness why didn't they help his siblings out? Lot of red flags.

Commercecomet24
08-15-2023, 11:06 AM
All you have to do is go check out her Instagram. That woman is spending RIDICULOUS amounts of money on clothes and trips and then posting about others to adopt every third post or so. I wonder if they have ever adopted.
I Learned a long time ago that the few people that have great wealth that really actually use it to help others don't flaunt the wealth and they often hide it in a way that most aren't aware. All wealthy people are philanthropists in some way. They have to check the feel good box. Few actually give sacrificially and from their heart.

This, there was a guy I knew really well that gave quite a bit of money to charity, of course the money he was making was from bilking the government for 100s of millions of dollars. Easy to do when it's not your money in the first place. He's in federal prison now.

Beaver
08-15-2023, 12:41 PM
Can any lawyers on here explain this to me?

"They (NCAA) said the only way Michael could go to Ole Miss was if he was actually part of the family," Sean said. "I sat Michael down and told him, ‘If you're planning to go to Ole Miss—or even considering Ole Miss—we think you have to be part of the family. This would do that, legally.' We contacted lawyers who had told us that we couldn't adopt over the age of 18; the only thing we could do was to have a conservatorship."

Why would the NCAA require this? And is Michael Oher legally a part of the Tuohy family right now or not?

Either way should be interesting to see how this plays out in court. Tuohy's say they only received $14,000 each for the book/movie. Oher's lawyer says they got 2.5% of 300 million. Pretty wide gap.

Tripp McNeely
08-15-2023, 01:12 PM

"They (NCAA) said the only way Michael could go to Ole Miss was if he was actually part of the family," Sean said. "I sat Michael down and told him, ‘If you're planning to go to Ole Miss—or even considering Ole Miss—we think you have to be part of the family. This would do that, legally.' We contacted lawyers who had told us that we couldn't adopt over the age of 18; the only thing we could do was to have a conservatorship."

Why would the NCAA require this? And is Michael Oher legally a part of the Tuohy family right now or not?

Either way should be interesting to see how this plays out in court. Tuohy's say they only received $14,000 each for the book/movie. Oher's lawyer says they got 2.5% of 300 million. Pretty wide gap.

Otherwise, the Tuohy's would be seen simply as boosters steering a recruit to a particular school and "paying" him since he lived with them as well...I'm assuming

Goldendawg
08-15-2023, 01:34 PM

If they only got $14K each from a movie that grossed over $300 million, all involved must have had some very poor advisors/legal advise. This was another NCAA farce that the Touhys could steer him to OM. He has been complaining about how he was portrayed in the movie for years. He has 10 siblings. Who took in the other 10 or offered help? Michael the only SEC type athlete? Freeze had a role in this at the time also. This will be settled out of court to safe face for many.

TrapGame
08-15-2023, 01:56 PM
Oher was Freeze's ticket to an asst. coaching job at ole miss. I believe it was as this asst. coach that he tried to fight David Turner at a recruit's house.

The Federalist Engineer
08-15-2023, 03:23 PM
I coached in Memphis city schools right after the movie came out.
Every HS coach in Memphis was recruiting Oher to play for them?.yeah, its a real thing that still happens even now with kids in and around the LOOP. They all said the same thing - Oher was known by everyone as a legit can?t miss player for a WHILE. He didn?t just learn football when the Touhys ?took him in?. And EVERYBODY that coached around there hated Freeze. The rumors were everywhere about things supposedly taking place even back then.
And they all knew about his siblings being left out in this whole charade.
To hear that they messed Oher over with all the money and rights, it really does begin to pull back the cover to a nasty nasty situation that is about to be exposed on a national scale

My wife is not southern. Not from Mississippi. Never met an actual Ole Miss person in her life. Knows nothing about football. She watched the movie and believed. Even when Leigh Anne Touhy is coaching Oher in High School. All her Yankee suburban housewife friends loved the story. They all looked at me like some conspiracy theorist when I said it was not real.

"If you are not personally inspired by Leanne Touhy, then I must question if Mississippi State fans are not just mean spirited."

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5943402.ece/ALTERNATES/n615/1_Michael-Oher-and-SANDRA-BULLOCK-as-Leigh-Anne-Tuohy.jpg

Really Clark?
08-15-2023, 04:20 PM
This, there was a guy I knew really well that gave quite a bit of money to charity, of course the money he was making was from bilking the government for 100s of millions of dollars. Easy to do when it's not your money in the first place. He's in federal prison now.

Yeah don't defraud Medicare

MrCoachKlein
08-15-2023, 04:39 PM
It's hard to believe anyone even bought this story. I mean if they had so much love and kindness why didn't they help his siblings out? Lot of red flags.

My mom is a real Godly woman. She went to Ole Miss as did my dad (huge Ole Miss fan; I'm the first family traitor lol) and took me to games until JR year in high school. She said this exact thing when the 'conspiracy theory' was originally circulating.

MrCoachKlein
08-15-2023, 04:42 PM
Yeah don't defraud Medicare

Can you defraud a ponzi scheme?

Really Clark?
08-15-2023, 04:48 PM
Can you defraud a ponzi scheme?

Well there is a lot wrong with Medicare / Medicaid but not sure how it's a ponzu? There's no promise of a high rate of return of funds being invested.

MrCoachKlein
08-15-2023, 04:57 PM
Well there is a lot wrong with Medicare / Medicaid but not sure how it's a ponzu? There's no promise of a high rate of return of funds being invested.

Ahh but there is. For every $1 someone puts in $2-6 (depending on how much they paid in/years paid in) come out. 100%-600% return is quite a high rate :). I'd take it all day at Fidelity.

StarkVegasSteve
08-15-2023, 05:26 PM
I would venture a guess that 90% of Ole Miss fans, State fans, and residents of Memphis metro knew this story was a steaming pile of crap from day 1. Two of those entities said something about it. The other stayed silent and called us conspiracy theorists along with Hollywood and people who had no clue about the story.

I imagine the truth falls somewhere in the middle here. It is hard to believe that it took a guy TWO DECADES and multiple NFL contracts to realize that he was not actually adopted and they were his conservators. My guess and piecing together what I have been told, Oher has known about this for awhile. He has ran out of money, he has a new book coming out, and he is trying to drum up publicity. This thing will never go to court. They will settle. And knowing Leigh Ann she will try to make another movie out of it.

The really sad thing is that family did not need the money. Sean has made PLENTY of money through the years. Hell, their daughter is married to one of the Fred Smiths sons. Like no one in there family will ever hurt for money.

Tater
08-15-2023, 05:35 PM
I would venture a guess that 90% of Ole Miss fans, State fans, and residents of Memphis metro knew this story was a steaming pile of crap from day 1. Two of those entities said something about it. The other stayed silent and called us conspiracy theorists along with Hollywood and people who had no clue about the story.

I imagine the truth falls somewhere in the middle here. It is hard to believe that it took a guy TWO DECADES and multiple NFL contracts to realize that he was not actually adopted and they were his conservators. My guess and piecing together what I have been told, Oher has known about this for awhile. He has ran out of money, he has a new book coming out, and he is trying to drum up publicity. This thing will never go to court. They will settle. And knowing Leigh Ann she will try to make another movie out of it.

The really sad thing is that family did not need the money. Sean has made PLENTY of money through the years. Hell, their daughter is married to one of the Fred Smiths sons. Like no one in there family will ever hurt for money.

So Oher spent a bunch of money and now that he's out and embarrassed, he's turned to suing people? Sounds like they raised him as their own. Ole Miss education at work.

StarkVegasSteve
08-15-2023, 05:50 PM
So Oher spent a bunch of money and now that he's out and embarrassed, he's turned to suing people? Sounds like they raised him as their own. Ole Miss education at work.

Something like that. I imagine whoever is advising him now told him that this would be the quickest way to get paid. They know the Tuohys want this to go away so they will want to settle as quickly as possible

Goldendawg
08-16-2023, 01:38 PM

Don't know how accurate, but many internet sites have his net worth at $16 million. People stood in line in these temperatures around Square Books yesterday for the signing of his new book. said he sold 100's and was very gracious. Left out the back and referred questions about the lawsuit to his attorneys. He has been complaining about his portrayal in the movie for years. Strange how this conservatorship is still in effect.

TrapGame
08-16-2023, 01:44 PM
Don't know how accurate, but many internet sites have his net worth at $16 million. People stood in line in these temperatures around Square Books yesterday for the signing of his new book. said he sold 100's and was very gracious. Left out the back and referred questions about the lawsuit to his attorneys. He has been complaining about his portrayal in the movie for years. Strange how this conservatorship is still in effect.

Isn't that what Brittany Spears' parents had on her? And they controlled her money. I wonder how extensive that conservatorship is.

Goldendawg
08-16-2023, 02:05 PM
Isn't that what Brittany Spears' parents had on her? And they controlled her money. I wonder how extensive that conservatorship is.

Yes it was. Wonder how he signed 3 different multi-million $ NFL contracts without the Touhy's involvement? Family says that all they got from movie was $14K each, but Sean JR said in an interview yesterday he has receive $60 to $70K in royalties. Oher claims the family got $225K each plus about 2.25% of net profits and he got nothing, if I read this correctly.

Tater
08-16-2023, 02:21 PM

I don't care about being accurate. I was making a joke about Ole Miss education.

I fully believe the Tuohy's used him with the thought that he's their prize horse and they deserve all the money. I know exactly how those types operate. That's what it's sounding like to me. Oher got married last year and sounds like his wife is helping him finally stand up and take back what's rightfully his. His agent was a family friend of the Tuohy's. He's gotten legal advice tailored to supporting the Tuohy's interest this whole time.

My hope is this remains public and nasty and leaves further lasting impression that the vain glorious twats of Ole Miss have to cry about every day.

Todd4State
08-16-2023, 05:21 PM
I don't care about being accurate. I was making a joke about Ole Miss education.

I fully believe the Tuohy's used him with the thought that he's their prize horse and they deserve all the money. I know exactly how those types operate. That's what it's sounding like to me. Oher got married last year and sounds like his wife is helping him finally stand up and take back what's rightfully his. His agent was a family friend of the Tuohy's. He's gotten legal advice tailored to supporting the Tuohy's interest this whole time.

My hope is this remains public and nasty and leaves further lasting impression that the vain glorious twats of Ole Miss have to cry about every day.

Prized horse? More like prized indentured servant.

Old times are not forgotten after all.

Tater
08-16-2023, 05:44 PM
Prized horse? More like prized indentured servant.

Old times are not forgotten after all.

I mean... yea.

StarkVegasSteve
08-16-2023, 05:57 PM

The Tuohys were rich before Oher and they will be rich after Oher. They steered him to Ole Miss solely to help out a dear friend….one Hugh Freeze. You all are stopping one step short of the mastermind of all of this. This was all concocted by none other than the Right Reverend himself. Remember, Oher was already at Briarcrest with Greg Hardy. Once Freeze realized Oher might be thinking about Tennessee or Bama….insert Leigh Ann Tuohy

Hugh Freeze owes his entire career to Michael Oher. Otherwise he would still be the creepy coach hitting on high school girls at Briarcrest

TheLostDawg
08-17-2023, 07:37 AM
https://nypost.com/2023/08/16/blind-side-tuohy-family-under-fire-over-2017-below-deck-episode/

Well now we know his asking price

basedog
08-17-2023, 08:13 AM
There are no winners on either side. It's a bad take for all involved, but in today's society nothing surprises me. "One Call That's All" on one side and "Morgan and Morgan" on the other.

PGHBulldogBG
08-18-2023, 06:48 PM
My theory on Ole Miss?s addiction to stuff like this is because as the ?flagship? school they are supposed to be advanced in one of the 2 major sports than the ?state? schools that are also P5. Washington and Oregon have great football traditions, Arizona/Kansas/Kentucky/UNC/Virginia have national basketball programs. Oklahoma/Texas/Alabama/Georgia/Florida/USCw/Tennessee/Clemson have a tradition of football national titles. Ole Miss has no claim to either of these and I think because of that they have to stick with trying to be relevant as the ?top? school in the state

dawgday166
08-18-2023, 08:49 PM

The whole financial system is a ponzi scheme. And it will come crashing down at some point.

Really Clark?
08-18-2023, 09:24 PM
The whole financial system is a ponzi scheme. And it will come crashing down at some point.

Except the fact I have actually got a return on my investments, that's not a ponzi. Sure it could come crashing down but a ponzi is scam where they promise a high rate of return in a short term investment and use other investors monies to pay back prior investors to keep the scam going while raking off the top.

lastmajordog
08-20-2023, 07:38 PM
del

Biguglyjoe
08-20-2023, 07:59 PM
There are no winners on either side. It's a bad take for all involved, but in today's society nothing surprises me. "One Call That's All" on one side and "Morgan and Morgan" on the other.

We are the true winners here.