PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get it...

CadaverDawg
12-02-2013, 02:21 AM
David Pollack, Jessie Palmer, and the gang were just discussing Auburn vs Ohio State for the Championship. Pollack said Auburn had quality wins over Bama of course, and "even teams like A&M and ole miss which are quality teams". Then Rece Davis says, yeah but you can't forget that Auburn narrowly escaped against MSU which is .500 team.

So beating 7-5 OM is a quality win, but barely beating 6-6 MSU is a black eye on their resume? Especially when that 6-6 team you're pissing on BEAT that high quality 7-5 team THIS WEEKEND. Unreal that 1 game difference sends you from a good team to a shitty one these days.

Can we start a fund to start paying some moles in the media to talk about us the way they do Ole Miss? Are the white girls sucking ESPN dick too? I just don't get it.

Dawg61
12-02-2013, 03:35 AM
They don't have a lot of games to pick from that Auburn almost lost to.

BulldogBear
12-02-2013, 04:47 AM
How about 6-6 Washington State? They could"ve made a good point by mentioning both. So nah, considering the source, I doubt the conversation had as much to do with making a case for Auburn as it was damage control by TSUN's media allies.

Bothrops
12-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Espn is just plain ignorant of anything concerning MSU football. But that is a very idiotic thing for him to say.

donald igwebuike
12-02-2013, 06:45 AM
David Pollack, Jessie Palmer, and the gang were just discussing Auburn vs Ohio State for the Championship. Pollack said Auburn had quality wins over Bama of course, and "even teams like A&M and ole miss which are quality teams". Then Rece Davis says, yeah but you can't forget that Auburn narrowly escaped against MSU which is .500 team.

So beating 7-5 OM is a quality win, but barely beating 6-6 MSU is a black eye on their resume? Especially when that 6-6 team you're pissing on BEAT that high quality 7-5 team THIS WEEKEND. Unreal that 1 game difference sends you from a good team to a shitty one these days.

Can we start a fund to start paying some moles in the media to talk about us the way they do Ole Miss? Are the white girls sucking ESPN dick too? I just don't get it.

they don't do alot of digging into stories. They tend to be influenced by a lot of flash and glitz (OM recruiting) and too lazy to actually do deeper research.

C222
12-02-2013, 08:02 AM

I didn't hear them say OM was a quality win. Maybe I missed it. I did hear Rece take that jab at us though.

Dawgface
12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
they don't do alot of digging into stories. They tend to be influenced by a lot of flash and glitz (OM recruiting) and too lazy to actually do deeper research.

That's it in a nutshell. OM is still the up and coming darling in the media's eye and MSU is just old MSU.

bluelightstar
12-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Yes, barely escaping a .500 team IS a blemish on your resume. I know we don't want to hear it, but for a national title contender, they're right.

And I didn't hear the Ole Miss is a "quality team" stuff either.

Ronny
12-02-2013, 08:51 AM
..these guys are not going to praise a 6-6 team. Nor should they.

You are over-analyzing.

I don't have a beef with their observations.

They are not paid to cheerlead Miss. State football; they are not State's personal propaganda office.

Wait until you see the 6-6 teams the media will be pairing with MSU in the Compass Bowl.

Believe me, you will not look at any of these 6-6 teams with respectful admiration.

thf24
12-02-2013, 09:50 AM

Exactly. Ole Miss has simply convinced everyone who can't be bothered to know better at all levels that they're good, even though in reality they're not.

SignalToNoise
12-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Everyone has been influenced by the spin machine. A fella at my gym (he is neither a state or om fan) was telling me they'd be a top 10 team this year before the season started. Now he is saying they just "had setbacks" (whatever that means) but next year he expects them to contend for the west.

smootness
12-02-2013, 10:01 AM

It's this, and the fact that the story gets set earlier in the year, which goes back to them being lazy. Once Auburn looked like a potential contender, they looked at what they'd done and decided the Ole Miss win was a good one and the State win was not. Even though things changed over the last few weeks, that is still in their mind. They're still thinking of Ole Miss as a good team.

It's similar to the way a lot of the country probably views Georgia...as though they're still a legitimate, tough team, even though they just finished a disappointing year by barely beating GT and didn't look good doing it.

CadaverDawg
12-02-2013, 10:06 AM
..these guys are not going to praise a 6-6 team. Nor should they.

You are over-analyzing.

I don't have a beef with their observations.

They are not paid to cheerlead Miss. State football; they are not State's personal propaganda office.

Wait until you see the 6-6 teams the media will be pairing with MSU in the Compass Bowl.

Believe me, you will not look at any of these 6-6 teams with respectful admiration.

Who said they should cheerlead for MSU? Im not over analyzing anything. Im talking about Pollack saying a win over OM was a quality win but then Rece saying a close win over us was a bad mark on their resume. I dont expect praise...I just dont see how a win over OM is goid but MSU is bad, when 1 win separates the two and we just beat OM.

Just making a factual point. Nothing more.

Goat Holder
12-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Numerous good points in this thread. Ronny and bluelightstar are clueless. There is absolutely a bias, and I think it's more of what Bothrops said, rather than Ole Miss folks holding MSU back or some negative cheerleading for MSU. Ole Miss does a good job of putting their 'fake' foot forward. Someone told me that Gameday was just praying that they could eventually go to Ole Miss?? I mean WTF? But it all goes back to the post I made yesterday......Ole Miss fans pump themselves up while MSU fans talk down about themselves.

The enemy is in the mirror. How do any of you expect ESPN to praise MSU if we can't even do it ourselves?

maroonmania
12-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Yes, barely escaping a .500 team IS a blemish on your resume. I know we don't want to hear it, but for a national title contender, they're right.

And I didn't hear the Ole Miss is a "quality team" stuff either.

I'll agree, barely escaping a 6-6 (3-5) team is a blemish if you are trying to win a NC. And by the same token had they just escaped a 7-5 OM team it wouldn't have been any different.

FlabLoser
12-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I'll agree, barely escaping a 6-6 (3-5) team is a blemish if you are trying to win a NC. And by the same token had they just escaped a 7-5 OM team it wouldn't have been any different.

All there is to see here is that Ole Miss's 9 month long wave of PR hype is coasting to a hault. There is still just a tad of momentum, but not much.

Yossarian
12-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Obviously, had they not scored the touchdown in the last minute, we would have been a 7-5 team also.

BulldogBear
12-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Again I say there was no mention and/or memory of them squeeking by 6-6 Washington State also in the season opener. That's why I'm sorry but I just see lazy reporting and TSUN bias/damage control over this. Why not mention WSU as a crap win if you're gonna mention MSU?

bluelightstar
12-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Numerous good points in this thread. Ronny and bluelightstar are clueless. There is absolutely a bias, and I think it's more of what Bothrops said, rather than Ole Miss folks holding MSU back or some negative cheerleading for MSU. Ole Miss does a good job of putting their 'fake' foot forward. Someone told me that Gameday was just praying that they could eventually go to Ole Miss?? I mean WTF? But it all goes back to the post I made yesterday......Ole Miss fans pump themselves up while MSU fans talk down about themselves.

The enemy is in the mirror. How do any of you expect ESPN to praise MSU if we can't even do it ourselves?

You're seeing what you want to see.

engie
12-02-2013, 11:27 AM
They "escaped" us... They beat Ole Miss pretty decisively by a narrow margin. Ole Miss was within one score for 3 drives -- in which they never crossed the 50...

chef dixon
12-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Auburn does not deserve to play for the national title over Ohio State, period. If we are going to play the look who they played/barely beat card, that doesn't only apply to teams outside the SEC.