PDA

View Full Version : WR and mouthguards

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2023, 10:42 AM
Can we all just agree that it looks stupid to not have your mouth guard in your mouth when running routes?
I mean, if you beat man on man over and over again, sure do whatever you want. If you run a 5 yard dig route, put your mouthpiece in. It looks dumb.

wrapit
08-14-2023, 10:49 AM
Can we all just agree that it looks stupid to not have your mouth guard in your mouth when running routes?
I mean, if you beat man on man over and over again, sure do whatever you want. If you run a 5 yard dig route, put your mouthpiece in. It looks dumb.

Why are the refs NOT flagging players for handing mouth guards. Not a safety issue here?

viverlibre
08-14-2023, 10:58 AM

weird flex, but ok.

redstickdawg
08-14-2023, 11:14 AM
especially when studies have shown that mouthguard use is one of the best methods to prevent concussions.

Jarius
08-14-2023, 11:17 AM
Why are the refs NOT flagging players for handing mouth guards. Not a safety issue here?

It's not like you can hit them without getting thrown out of the game any more anyway. Saw that way less before targeting was a thing.

Offshore Dawg
08-14-2023, 11:33 AM
could be a fashion statement. also pants had to cover the knee for protection.

parabrave
08-14-2023, 01:07 PM
could be a fashion statement. also pants had to cover the knee for protection.

Glad you brorght up Knee Pads/ To me they should just wear Gym Shorts.

What a real FB player looks like:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BH4AAOSw2AVkNGl3/s-l1600.jpg

magrooder
08-14-2023, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it irritates the piss out me when their pants don't cover their knees. I don't know why it just does.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2023, 01:39 PM
Look, like I said if they were literally Randy Moss out there I would not only understand the move but actively welcome it. But lets be honest, who was the last WR we had that could take the top off the defense. Everyone else, should have the mouthpiece in their mouths or don't even have one. It looks dumb just flapping around.

parabrave
08-14-2023, 01:40 PM
I can understand why WRs don't wear them, they have been not wearing them for years, but Linemen and RBs??? Also do those Knee braces actually work?

Really Clark?
08-14-2023, 01:45 PM
I can understand why WRs don't wear them, they have been not wearing them for years, but Linemen and RBs??? Also do those Knee braces actually work?

You talking the actual brace that most OL wear? Yeah those do help

gtowndawg
08-14-2023, 01:52 PM
I believe a lot of them have mouthpieces in (custom molded ones) but they also have the ones hanging from their helmets for "swag" - that's what my son tells me anyway

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2023, 03:09 PM
I believe a lot of them have mouthpieces in (custom molded ones) but they also have the ones hanging from their helmets for "swag" - that's what my son tells me anyway

That is even dumber. You want SWAG? Beat your man and score TDs. That is all I am saying.

CaptainObvious
08-14-2023, 03:43 PM
Funny that the advertisement on this page is for Bellaire Dental and the topic is mouth guards. Looks like another 75 inch TV headed to DS house.