PDA

View Full Version : Braves/MLB Thread

KOdawg1
08-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Braves take the first 3 of 4 from the Mets including a 21-3 rout in the first game of the double header today. 34-3 through three games.

Nothing breaks up a slumping team than playing a joke of a franchise.

Braves are 75-41 with an 11 game lead over the Phillies with 46 games left to play.

Looks like it's gonna be the Braves and the Dodgers in the National League with a wide open American League of the Orioles, Rangers, Rays, and Astros.

Playoffs are upon us.

RockyDog
08-12-2023, 09:28 PM
Still don?t like that AA didn?t get any help with the starting rotation. Morton and Elder aren?t holding up and who knows if we get anything from Kyle Wright at this point.

It puts a lot of pressure on Fried and Strider to carry the team through the playoffs. This isn?t the 21 bullpen that can eat up innings from a shaky starter either. Bad things could happen in a 5 game series especially if we draw the Phillies again.

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2023, 11:16 PM
Today was a great day! They are unquestionably the best team in baseball. Unfortunately, the best team in baseball has a nasty habit of not winning the World Series. Honestly anything other than a WS Title will be a huge disappointment .

msstate7
08-13-2023, 06:24 AM
Still don?t like that AA didn?t get any help with the starting rotation. Morton and Elder aren?t holding up and who knows if we get anything from Kyle Wright at this point.

It puts a lot of pressure on Fried and Strider to carry the team through the playoffs. This isn?t the 21 bullpen that can eat up innings from a shaky starter either. Bad things could happen in a 5 game series especially if we draw the Phillies again.

Soroka's last 2 AAA starts combined...
12.0 ip 7 h 1 er 5 bb 16 k

He's getting close.

Wright will be starting a rehab assignment soon. I think between elder, Morton, soroka, and wright, the braves will have those 3 and 4 spots covered just fine. AJSS could be a factor too.

BTW, the braves' pen is 3rd in mlb in era and 4th in FIP.

Fried and strider are the best 1-2 in mlb right now

BrunswickDawg
08-13-2023, 07:13 AM
Soroka's last 2 AAA starts combined...
12.0 ip 7 h 1 er 5 bb 16 k

He's getting close.

Wright will be starting a rehab assignment soon. I think between elder, Morton, soroka, and wright, the braves will have those 3 and 4 spots covered just fine. AJSS could be a factor too.

BTW, the braves' pen is 3rd in mlb in era and 4th in FIP.

Fried and strider are the best 1-2 in mlb right now

And if Winans can just do half of what he did today, that gives some depth. That kid looked great. Of course, it was an FU game for him and he was highly motivated, but he still looked great.

parabrave
08-13-2023, 08:26 AM
Watched Strider when he was in AA. Talked about wtf did he do cause he sucked in Pearl when I saw him play..

klong-dog
08-13-2023, 09:09 AM
I hope the Dodgers and Phils are on same side, would rather not have to play both.

msstate7
08-13-2023, 09:17 AM
I hope the Dodgers and Phils are on same side, would rather not have to play both.

Right now, we'd face winner of Philly SF in divisional round

RockyDog
08-13-2023, 01:44 PM
Right now, we'd face winner of Philly SF in divisional round

Gotta hope the Phillies fall to that 6 spot. Would much rather have the Dodgers-Phillies battle it out.

I just think the Phillies starters can pose the most problems especially in a short series. Not really worried about anybody else’s staff over 7 games.

I enjoyed watching laser night’s game and listening to Smoltz for 9 innings. I thought the graphic they showed where the Angels, Dbacks and Reds have fallen flat on their faces since the all star break was interesting. Arizona has lost 9 games in the standings to the Dodgers in just the last couple of weeks.

Tater
08-13-2023, 09:17 PM
Nobody beats the AAAA Mets 4 times in a row.

RockyDog
08-13-2023, 09:56 PM
Time to try someone else. Chirinos and McPew are not worthy.

trob115
08-13-2023, 10:16 PM
I would guess Soroka replaces Cheerios next start. Timing lines up too