PDA

View Full Version : Any reports on todays scrimmage?

bigbub50
08-12-2023, 02:49 PM
I?ve heard nothing but radio silence?. I kinda like Arnette is keeping things quiet, but I?d love to hear something.

Leroy Jenkins
08-12-2023, 03:24 PM
https://youtu.be/fgI9TKi3H1E

bigbub50
08-12-2023, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the video. Scrimmage is not til tonight. Probably the reason why I haven?t heard any reports.

HancockCountyDog
08-12-2023, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the video. Scrimmage is not til tonight. Probably the reason why I haven?t heard any reports.

All I care about is NO INJURIES being associated with the scrimmage.

Dawgface
08-12-2023, 06:45 PM
I can't wait for the melt down when the wishbone is unveiled. :p

Really Clark?
08-12-2023, 07:21 PM
Defense is extra salty tonight. Ahead of the offense, no question.

We've had good runs though, few good pass plays...Harmon with a good catch, Creed with a nice catch, Woody took a screen to the house.

bigbub50
08-12-2023, 07:56 PM
Defenses are usually ahead at this point in camp, especially when installing a new offense. And we got some dudes in the front 6 or 7.

Barbay said in his interview today that our defense gives so many looks, it hasn?t been easy installing a new offense against it. He said he?s glad the defensive coaches and players are on his team. This will benefit the offense in the long run.

I am so excited about Creed. He?s got the stuff. Hope we hold onto him. He is an out of state guy that committed to a different offense and offensive coaches. Leach loved converting athletic high school QBs to wr. I heard he loves hunting and has enjoyed the hunting around the Starkville area.

Harmon is Uber talented and looks like his body is still in the tweener zone between being a TE or WR. Barbay will find ways to use him in mis match situations. I?m just not sure if his body is big enough yet to be a blocker. I may be wrong.

Really Clark?
08-12-2023, 08:29 PM
Offense has picked it up a good bit. Wright's passing has improved. Made some really good down field throws. Creed may be hard to keep off the field but Tulu is great. Nice flea flicker for big gain. Seth Davis is very good looking young back, took a big run to the house.

bigbub50
08-12-2023, 08:39 PM
Offense has picked it up a good bit. Wright's passing has improved. Made some really good down field throws. Creed may be hard to keep off the field but Tulu is great. Nice flea flicker for big gain. Seth Davis is very good looking young back, took a big run to the house.

Man, I wish I could watch. Thanks for the updates. Wright really impressed me with his interviews. And he was voted team captain at vandy.

Really Clark?
08-12-2023, 08:44 PM
I will say that if the play calling from Barbay mirrors what he is doing in today's scrimmage in the games, there will be a lot of happy fans on this board. Good pass / run mix, taken what defense does give and gets a good number of shots down field as well.

R2Dawg
08-12-2023, 08:52 PM

I really like what I saw out of Davis in spring. He is gonna be a good one. I like all 4 of our backs. We are better at RB than we've been in several years IMO.

I'm pumped for a big year. State is on the move.

Cowbell
08-12-2023, 10:03 PM
Hearing about running backs taking handoffs to the house is giving me goosebumps...

Coach34
08-12-2023, 11:50 PM
I will say that if the play calling from Barbay mirrors what he is doing in today's scrimmage in the games, there will be a lot of happy fans on this board. Good pass / run mix, taken what defense does give and gets a good number of shots down field as well.

I want to hug you

Commercecomet24
08-13-2023, 12:32 AM

What? I heard we were running the wishbone, lol!

Dawgface
08-13-2023, 07:36 AM
What? I heard we were running the wishbone, lol!

They're practicing it behind closed doors. ;)

BigDawg81
08-13-2023, 11:00 AM
Creed Whittmore might be good?

Jarius
08-13-2023, 11:08 AM
The defense started strong but the offense played very well 2nd half of the scrimmage. Creed is going to be really good. Mike Wright is much better throwing the football than he was in the spring. D. Anderson looks good at DE and we are going to be multiple defensively. Overall a good day.

Really Clark?
08-13-2023, 11:09 AM

He's already good, going to get better.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-13-2023, 01:43 PM
He's already good, going to get better.
Gator NIL on line 1 Mr Whittmore.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-13-2023, 02:44 PM

Hush your whore mouth........:cool:

SpaceWranglerDawg
08-13-2023, 02:59 PM

At least Florida is close to being a dumpster fire, so hopefully that keeps them at bay for a bit. Especially after they're hunting for a new coach halfway through the season.

R2Dawg
08-13-2023, 03:00 PM
Anderson the 4 star DE wrecked the O at scrimmage. Coaches raved about him. Wool is getting thicker by the minute. We are gonna be good.

Leroy Jenkins
08-13-2023, 05:26 PM

He had 5 TDs and picked off 3 passes in one playoff game last year, playing QB and Safety. He's good, ask any of the other WRs.

Leroy Jenkins
08-13-2023, 05:28 PM
Anderson the 4 star DE wrecked the O at scrimmage. Coaches raved about him. Wool is getting thicker by the minute. We are gonna be good.

They have mentioned him several times. I think he's the real deal, not the annual training camp hero we seem to always have.

Cowbell
08-13-2023, 09:28 PM
I remember when Jordan Davis was that dude and then got hurt

TaleofTwoDogs
08-13-2023, 10:00 PM

Oh man, always with the negative waves...........

Leroy Jenkins
08-14-2023, 06:30 AM
https://youtu.be/gwW14fzNmZA

Joebob
08-14-2023, 05:28 PM
Can anybody tell me anything about Chris Parson? I haven't heard much about him since he enrolled. Are they going to redshirt him this year?

Westdawg
08-14-2023, 05:34 PM
Any word on Trevion, the big DL ?? I heard he was primed for a major breakout, but crickets so far

confucius say
08-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Parson will redshirt.
Trevion isn't ready yet. At least not for what he's been built to be.

bigbub50
08-14-2023, 06:34 PM

I wonder what the story is with Davis. Was he just a preseason camp all American before his acl? Or has he just lost a step after the injury, or does he just not trust the knee. He had miniscus repair this off-season as well. I?m not sure if it was the same knee or the other. I was giddy reading reports on him before his injury. He is still a big body that has experience for depth. Maybe the light will come back on.