PDA

View Full Version : In honor of Taveze Calhoun stopping NKimChee on that 3rd down in the 4th...

EAVdog
12-01-2013, 11:50 PM
I bring you something from the way back machine via Nafoom.

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/38028/So-apparently-Taveze-Calhoun-is-a-badass#.UpwPpvk_vUU

http://nafoom.yuku.com/reply/310585/Freezes-commit-2-JUCO-OT-recovering-ACL-injury#reply-310585

Remember this when they get the spin mode in full gear yet again this year. Don't fall for their usual BS.

(And Taveze Calhoun does not get enough props from us, he's turned into the baller we all knew he was when we signed him... according to Nafoom)

messageboardsuperhero
12-02-2013, 12:02 AM
I love olemissbydamn saying we only took Market as a package deal for Snoop- I guess we got the better deal there by far. That whole situation is hilarious to me. All we heard in 2011 was how great Brassell will be for UM and how stupid we were for taking Market; fast-forward two years and Market is a big-time contributor/starter for us and Snoop Dog is tokin reffer in the CFL. Those people really are ****ing idiots.

Calhoun is a stud too. And they're going to be scratching their heads in a few years when Brandon Bryant is mauling UM- they won't know where the hell he came from.

smootness
12-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Love this quote, re: Calhoun: 'One thing is for sure, we are about to find out if Mullin is a good evaluator of talent or just a lazy recruiter.'

Yeah, we found out.

EAVdog
12-02-2013, 12:11 AM
I love olemissbydamn saying we only took Market as a package deal for Snoop- I guess we got the better deal there by far. That whole situation is hilarious to me. All we heard in 2011 was how great Brassell will be for UM and how stupid we were for taking Market; fast-forward two years and Market is a big-time contributor/starter for us and Snoop Dog is tokin reffer in the CFL. Those people really are ****ing idiots.

Calhoun is a stud too. And they're going to be scratching their heads in a few years when Brandon Bryant is mauling UM- they won't know where the hell he came from.

Market has played his ass off this year. There is no doubt that within the State of MS I think Mullen get's the best players. Throw in Dontavian Lee with Bryant as well. Oh well they only want 5 stars players after all they have loftier expectations than we do.

Todd4State
12-02-2013, 12:16 AM

That's the dude that hangs out at all of the South Panola practices?

Here's the thing about package deals and MSU- we only do it if we think both players are quality SEC players. I saw Market play several times when he was in high school. He was the leader of their championship teams. They used him on offense and he made plays on both sides of the ball. The only thing wrong with Market is he is 5'9"- 5'10". If it wasn't for that, he would be just as hyped as Snoop was.

Same thing with Joe Price- we were going to keep his commitment regardless of what Singleton did. He would have been a decent ATH/KR guy for us.

But it's pretty funny to me to hear them accuse of us package dealing when they are the people that are signing Nkemdiche's brother and his teammate among others. They are the kings of the package deals.

Todd4State
12-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Market has played his ass off this year. There is no doubt that within the State of MS I think Mullen get's the best players. Throw in Dontavian Lee with Bryant as well. Oh well they only want 5 stars players after all they have loftier expectations than we do.

Lashard Durr is underrated as well as the guy from Byhalia- Chris Rayford. Rawlings from MRA will probably be a solid OT for us as well. Then you throw in Green, Graham, Jesse Jackson, and Aeries Williams- no doubt we're getting the best from Mississippi.

hacker
12-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Man, someone needs to bump those threads with gif of Calhoun slinging Nkemdiche.

CadaverDawg
12-02-2013, 01:55 AM
How dumb does Rebel Bruiser look in that thread?

He states every post as if it's fact and like he is some recruiting guru. Then fast forward a few years and everything the dumb ****er said was wrong. I can't stand people that act like everything they say is fact...news flash, you aren't a football guru, and if some random dipshit on an ole miss message board had the perfect recruiting method figured out...he probably wouldn't be typing said method on a keyboard to a bunch of morons on Nafoom.

LeakyD
12-02-2013, 07:59 AM
What's funny is they all assumed they were getting Whitehead, and he took their money and went to Auburn.

Coach34
12-02-2013, 09:20 AM
What's funny is they all assumed they were getting Whitehead, and he took their money and went to Auburn.

Gennesy is about to do the same thing and go to A&M

SignalToNoise
12-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Man, someone needs to bump those threads with gif of Calhoun slinging Nkemdiche.

+1.

Would love to see this again in video or GIF form.

mic
12-02-2013, 09:54 AM

they have already spun that unto saying they are getting the Sims kid from Homewood Al.

smootness
12-02-2013, 10:20 AM

I think last year was just one of those fluke years where everything fell into place for them in recruiting. I think going forward, you will see a lot more Orgeron-type stuff, where kids commit early and then decommit (TE from Missouri) or they just spend a lot of time going after some of these elite targets and ultimately miss.

rbdog82
12-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I think last year was just one of those fluke years where everything fell into place for them in recruiting. I think going forward, you will see a lot more Orgeron-type stuff, where kids commit early and then decommit (TE from Missouri) or they just spend a lot of time going after some of these elite targets and ultimately miss.

Hopefully you're right re kids flipping from OM to other schools or them whiffing on elite targets, but money talk$ and they've shown they aren't afraid to go "all in".

Ronny
12-02-2013, 03:32 PM
That's the dude that hangs out at all of the South Panola practices?

Here's the thing about package deals and MSU- we only do it if we think both players are quality SEC players. I saw Market play several times when he was in high school. He was the leader of their championship teams. They used him on offense and he made plays on both sides of the ball. The only thing wrong with Market is he is 5'9"- 5'10". If it wasn't for that, he would be just as hyped as Snoop was.

Same thing with Joe Price- we were going to keep his commitment regardless of what Singleton did. He would have been a decent ATH/KR guy for us.

But it's pretty funny to me to hear them accuse of us package dealing when they are the people that are signing Nkemdiche's brother and his teammate among others. They are the kings of the package deals.

..is the nutty moron who claimed there would be national race riots of we fired Croom.

The dude is a bona fide crackpot. Nice to see his past hallucinations dug up & made fun of.

hacker
12-03-2013, 11:52 PM
http://media.sixpackspeak.com/Taveze.gif

THIS GIF. POST IT IN THESE THREADS.

sandwolf
12-04-2013, 12:13 AM
That is Vince Sanders that he slams in that gif isn't it? I don't remember him slamming Nkemdiche.

Todd4State
12-04-2013, 12:14 AM

I think you are right. They had the number one recruits brother on their team- which probably gave them an in with some of the other top players in Georgia that they got. And they had some teammate of Treadwell's on the team as well. Kalio and Buchanan were legacies who were rated four star guys, and then Conner is from South Panola where they have a ton of influence to say the least. I'd say that's a pretty perfect storm to say the least.

However, what doesn't get talked about a lot is they missed on quite a few targets as well- Chris Jones and Ashton Shumpert would have made them significantly better. Shumpert would have given them a power back that they lacked this year. They missed out on Elijah Daniels, Jason Carr, and Carl Lawson to Auburn. Lawson would have also had a major impact for them. Frank Herron went to LSU. And then there are the Alexander brothers.

But no one talks about that because no one expected them to land the guys that they acquired in the first place.

PassInterference
12-04-2013, 12:51 AM
That is Vince Sanders that he slams in that gif isn't it? I don't remember him slamming Nkemdiche.

He did. Wasn't a souplex. It was a solo sling to the ground. One of the plays where RN tried to run outside.

smootness
12-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Not only did they miss on some, they had several that flipped on them.

Elijah Daniel, that you mentioned; also Marquel Combs and Jarran Reed; Peyton Barber; and Antonio Allen, that I know of.

You're going to lose a guy here and there, but it was a symptom of Orgeron's recruiting, too - when you throw out a ton of offers and encourage guys to commit on spur-of-the-moment decisions, you're going to lose some guys late.

Had they not landed a couple of the studs late, more attention would have been paid to that. They've already lost Andy Bauer this year, and my guess is that they could lose CJ Hampton and the Moore twins as well.

Again, I think Freeze is a good recruiter. But I don't think he has some magic formula that's going to lead to some major step up in their recruiting over time. I think he follows the Orgeron model, which leads to landing some pretty highly-rated classes but is also susceptible to getting some duds because you make a bunch of blanket offers and tend to get bites from guys who are losing their options elsewhere. He hit a perfect storm last year and they hit the jackpot; they won't ever approach that level again, if you ask me.

War Machine Dawg
12-04-2013, 07:10 PM
It wasn't Kimdeechee. That's #10 - Vince Sanders. But the suplex is still the stuff of awesomeness. My favorite tackle of the night.

FlabLoser
12-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Make no mistake - 23 did get a sling down solo tackle of Robert Nkemdashian.