PDA

View Full Version : 2 and 4 Minute Offense

Reason2succeed
08-11-2023, 11:17 AM
If we a trailing in a game and we need a score to get back in it doesn?t a 2 or 4 minute offense basically just revert back to the air raid?!? Shouldn?t Will Rogers and this offense be very effective and efficient in pulling that off?

This is part of why I feel so good about this team. Even if our defense has given up a big play or the running game has stalled out we can always revert back to the air raid/2 minute offense.

And then on top of that Barbay has shown at Central Michigan and at Appalachian State that he will sub in another QB or wildcat to show the defense another look. Mike Wright could be a great gadget player that opposing teams will have to prepare for.

TrapGame
08-11-2023, 11:57 AM
That's a good point. That Arkansas 2021 game was one of the best two minute offensives I've seen. We damn near pulled if off. And rumor has it that Barbay is keeping some of Leach's plays in the offense.

Todd4State
08-11-2023, 12:59 PM
If we have to revert back to the Air Raid it makes you wonder what the point of switching in the first place was.

Todd4State
08-11-2023, 01:02 PM
That's a good point. That Arkansas 2021 game was one of the best two minute offensives I've seen. We damn near pulled if off. And rumor has it that Barbay is keeping some of Leach's plays in the offense.

Yeah. Y-cross and mesh have been confirmed. I'm sure we will run four verts. That's in every scheme I think.

Truth is most of Leach's plays were from the West Coast Offense packaged into the Air Raid formations. I don't think he really invented plays too much. Most of those plays are in most offenses.