PDA

View Full Version : MSU leads for Tee Shepard

Corey♥DemDawgs
12-01-2013, 09:52 PM
He says we're his leader & that MSU has the best game atmosphere, we need this young man.

Dawg61
12-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Rated the 4th best CB in the nation out of high school. Signed with Notre Dame and played spring ball but had to go the Juco route after not getting cleared by the NCAA. Played HS ball in Cali.

hacker
12-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Yup. His twitter feed is very encouraging.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I hate to say this- but where the hell is he going to play?

With all the depth we have- I'd think we need younger CB's

angusyoung
12-01-2013, 10:22 PM
We will get him on the field if he is as good as he is purported to be.

Dawg61
12-01-2013, 10:25 PM

Our depth got real thin real quick this year

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:26 PM
He'll start at CB with Love next year. Then we can move Cox to replace Whitley and Hughes will be back. Redmond and Calhoun will still play a good bit though. I'd like to see Calhoun play some safety as well as corner since he is a high IQ player. That way if Hughes has trouble making a comeback, we can go with a secondary of:

S- Calhoun
S- Cox
CB- Love
CB- Shepherd

Also- as far as Redmond, I'd like to see if we can find some ways to get the ball into his hands now that he is back from his eternal suspension. Like returning kicks and maybe moon lighting as a slot WR some. Sort of like what Ole Miss did with Brassell.

engie
12-01-2013, 10:26 PM
He would solidify Cox's move back to free safety...
Definite want!

Dawg61
12-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Don't forget about Marlon Humphrey. I'm not giving up hope on him just yet.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Our depth got real thin real quick this year

because it was all green

Obviously you want the best players possible- common sense. But Juco's gonna Juco- and like Slay and Cox- he will take half a season to get adjusted and get where he fits in. And then when he does- whose spot he gonna take? Hard to see him take Love or Calhoun's spot the way they have played. Redmond is the Nickel guy and he is damn good.

I'd just rather see us bringing in some freshman that we can redshirt at CB with what we have currently. Juco Safety? I'm on board. Maybe him coming in could force a move of Redmond to F/S or something like that. Cox and Redmond at Free would be 2 damn good ones.

TopconDog
12-01-2013, 10:36 PM

Coach he will have 3 to play 3

Dawg61
12-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Calhoun is a starter.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 10:39 PM

that makes more sense

Gen. Grant
12-01-2013, 10:44 PM

Can he kick?**

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Can he kick?**

I sure wish we had Robert Bean kicking for us this year.**

CooterDavenport
12-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Calhoun has played like a man on fire the end of this year. I don't see him getting benched.

TrueMaroon
12-01-2013, 11:33 PM
I sure wish we had Robert Bean kicking for us this year.**

So much win in that post. Congrats.

Bothrops
12-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Calhoun will start, regardless. Some of these secondary guys need to have a look at receiver.

PendingTransaction
12-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Will never beat out Jiles

AlSwearengen
12-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm with coach on this, but I guess too much depth is a good thing to have as long as he is an upgrade. I just wish we could spread some of this secondary depth and talent to the OL.

Pollodawg
12-02-2013, 12:22 AM
I am not really sure we are to the point at any position where we can tell a good, solid talent "thanks, no thanks."

hacker
12-02-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm with coach on this, but I guess too much depth is a good thing to have as long as he is an upgrade. I just wish we could spread some of this secondary depth and talent to the OL.

ahaha. Justin Cox at LT

Corey♥DemDawgs
12-02-2013, 01:21 AM
This is true, 3 to play 3.

msstate7
12-02-2013, 08:58 AM
ahaha. Justin Cox at LT

After that int, I was thinking wr. Does any wr we have make that catch? He was 10-11 feet in the air

JohnGalt
12-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Yup. His twitter feed is very encouraging.

If you post something that would possibly discourage a guy that can bawl the way this dude can, Juco or no, from coming to MSU, you should check yourself.

smootness
12-02-2013, 10:56 AM
If you post something that would possibly discourage a guy that can bawl the way this dude can, Juco or no, from coming to MSU, you should check yourself.

Did you quote the wrong post? I don't get it.

hacker
12-06-2013, 01:20 PM
from Paul Jones' latest "odds are"

Odds Are Better Than 50-50
That MSU ends up signing 2014 juco CB Tee Shepard

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-06-2013, 01:26 PM

You know you can read someones tweets without saying anything to them...

Thick
12-06-2013, 01:44 PM
He'll start at CB with Love next year. Then we can move Cox to replace Whitley and Hughes will be back. Redmond and Calhoun will still play a good bit though. I'd like to see Calhoun play some safety as well as corner since he is a high IQ player. That way if Hughes has trouble making a comeback, we can go with a secondary of:

S- Calhoun
S- Cox
CB- Love
CB- Shepherd

Also- as far as Redmond, I'd like to see if we can find some ways to get the ball into his hands now that he is back from his eternal suspension. Like returning kicks and maybe moon lighting as a slot WR some. Sort of like what Ole Miss did with Brassell.

What happened to Cedric Jiles from Clinton?

GumpDawg
12-06-2013, 02:04 PM
What happened to Cedric Jiles from Clinton?

Injury I think. Not sure what though.

smootness
12-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Jiles played, and I like him; I think he has the potential to be a very good CB for us.

bulldawg28
12-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Jiles need to make a play and get confident. He's been down and bad since giving up the TD against Auburn.

mic
12-06-2013, 03:06 PM
just think when we go with our 3-3-5 nickel package
Chris, Preston, and lots of choices..
B Mac, B Brown, Matty
Love, Calhoun, Redmond , Hughes, (and pick one Tee, Cox, Jiles) WOW

mic
12-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Damn I forgot about Market and Not to mention T Cleveland who played as frosh and had huge roll in the BG win we had

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2013, 03:35 PM

S- Calhoun
S- Cox
CB- Love
CB- Shepherd

Anyone writing off Kendrick Market as a starter is a got damn fool. Dude was a baller for us all season long. And as we saw with Nickoe, it's FAR from guaranteed that Hughes comes back 100% from the Achilles injury. I'd say it's more likely that starting safeties next season are some combination of Market & Cox/Hughes than Cox & Hughes/Arrington.

engie
12-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Anyone writing off Kendrick Market as a starter is a got damn fool. Dude was a baller for us all season long. And as we saw with Nickoe, it's FAR from guaranteed that Hughes comes back 100% from the Achilles injury. I'd say it's more likely that starting safeties next season are some combination of Market & Cox/Hughes than Cox & Hughes/Arrington.

Hughes has to grab his PT back from Market...

Cox/Arrington/Deontay would battle for the FS spot...

smootness
12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
The thing I love about our defense right now is that we're getting everybody in games and rotating guys in and out constantly.

You want your defense as fresh as possible (while still making sure to get your biggest impact players on the field most and during the biggest moments) and we did a pretty good job of that this year.

I think part of the reason we have so much depth there right now is because a) we've recruited/developed better than in the past, as many have said; and b) we're letting a lot of guys get game experience.

It also means fans know who a certain guy is more quickly in his career.

We've always had 85 players, but in the past it seems like we basically had one starter at FS, for example; we may have 2-3 younger guys behind them, as we do now, but they never got on the field so we didn't know what we had and they weren't as ready when they were called upon.

Now, we've seen all these guys already. I've seen Jay Hughes play...and Market...and Arrington...and some Deontay Evans...and some Kivon Coman...and Justin Cox...and Cedric Jiles...and Taveze Calhoun...and Tolando Cleveland...and Jamerson Love...and on and on.

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Hughes has to grab his PT back from Market...

Cox/Arrington/Deontay would battle for the FS spot...

The good news is that we have TON of quality depth in the secondary. Overall, maybe the best group we've ever had, and that's saying something. We probably don't have an elite cover guy like a Smoot or Walt Harris, but we have a lot of very good cover guys. And our safeties can cover a lot of ground with a couple of sure tacklers and a couple big hitters.

It just aggravates me to see everyone ignoring Market like he wasn't one of the key pieces of our D this season. He's currently the team leader in solo tackles and 3rd in total tackles. Only B-Mac & Skinner have more total tackles. He's also one of those guys that has great football IQ and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. That's invaluable to a defense. I think a whole lot of teams would like to have a guy like Market playing for them.

Barking 13
12-06-2013, 03:54 PM
The thing I love about our defense right now is that we're getting everybody in games and rotating guys in and out constantly.

You want your defense as fresh as possible (while still making sure to get your biggest impact players on the field most and during the biggest moments) and we did a pretty good job of that this year.

I think part of the reason we have so much depth there right now is because a) we've recruited/developed better than in the past, as many have said; and b) we're letting a lot of guys get game experience.

It also means fans know who a certain guy is more quickly in his career.

We've always had 85 players, but in the past it seems like we basically had one starter at FS, for example; we may have 2-3 younger guys behind them, as we do now, but they never got on the field so we didn't know what we had and they weren't as ready when they were called upon.

Now, we've seen all these guys already. I've seen Jay Hughes play...and Market...and Arrington...and some Deontay Evans...and some Kivon Coman...and Justin Cox...and Cedric Jiles...and Taveze Calhoun...and Tolando Cleveland...and Jamerson Love...and on and on.

^ this^ all day.. makes me wooly

LiterallyPolice
12-06-2013, 04:32 PM
After that int, I was thinking wr. Does any wr we have make that catch? He was 10-11 feet in the air

You know.... That's a good point. Obviously, there's a lot that goes into WR other than just catching the ball.... But man, we need some WRs who can go up and get it.

smootness
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Market was a beast this year, no doubt. They weren't lying when they called him the MVP at South Panola. I can only imagine how much havoc he wreaked in high school.

tcdog70
12-06-2013, 04:41 PM
because it was all green

Obviously you want the best players possible- common sense. But Juco's gonna Juco- and like Slay and Cox- he will take half a season to get adjusted and get where he fits in. And then when he does- whose spot he gonna take? Hard to see him take Love or Calhoun's spot the way they have played. Redmond is the Nickel guy and he is damn good.

I'd just rather see us bringing in some freshman that we can redshirt at CB with what we have currently. Juco Safety? I'm on board. Maybe him coming in could force a move of Redmond to F/S or something like that. Cox and Redmond at Free would be 2 damn good ones.

I believe Bean and Smoot were ok as Freshmen. Slay just got dicked as a freshman, He was good enough to Play. Top 5 CB in JUCO, please sign Him

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Market was a beast this year, no doubt. They weren't lying when they called him the MVP at South Panola. I can only imagine how much havoc he wreaked in high school.

As an alum of The U, I can attest to how good Market was in HS. I saw him play a ton of times. He was truly the leader of that team and the guy that held it all together. The idea that he was just a "throw in" to help us get Snoop was laughable to me. Market isn't the biggest, fastest, most athletic, etc, but he's all heart. He gets the most out of his talent through hard work and makes everyone around him better. He reminds me a whole lot of Cam Lawrence in that regard. Guy who's a good player, big football IQ, makes a ton of plays, but doesn't get the credit or respect for whatever reason. But that's ok, because it's guys like that who really make a team go.

Coach34
12-06-2013, 04:47 PM
I believe Bean and Smoot were ok as Freshmen. Slay just got dicked as a freshman, He was good enough to Play. Top 5 CB in JUCO, please sign Him

Smoot and Slay were playing juco ball as Freshmen

tcdog70
12-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Smoot and Slay were playing juco ball as Freshmen

My bad Coach I meant Jrs

Coach34
12-06-2013, 04:56 PM
My bad Coach I meant Jrs

Look, I'm not saying dont sign the guy. Top talent is always welcome. CB though just happens to be the one position where we are the strongest right now, and it' surprising for us to possibly get that type of talent to throw in the mix. With all the Spread offenses, it certainly isnt a bad thing

I just wish we would sign a top 5 juco at WR, OT, on the DL, or K

maroonmania
12-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Look, I'm not saying dont sign the guy. Top talent is always welcome. CB though just happens to be the one position where we are the strongest right now, and it' surprising for us to possibly get that type of talent to throw in the mix. With all the Spread offenses, it certainly isnt a bad thing

Recruiting is a strange beast. Kind of the same situation in the past where we can recruit studs at RB even though we already have a stable full but yet when we have a wide open QB position there for the taking no HS all-star QB wants to touch it with a ten foot pole.

RougeDawg
12-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Having too much of a good thing is be we a problem. How some of you are questioning if we need him or not or if he will play is beyond me. We should get the best players that will help us win. With a d lineman like Chris Jones you can play a lot of 3 man line with mutiple LB/DB looks. This is a great problem to be having.

tcdog70
12-06-2013, 07:45 PM

I agree completely. I see where the Vols are jumping into the JuCo ranks. They have 4or5 commits already.Out of the top fifty.

DapperDawg
12-06-2013, 11:19 PM
What's the latest on Quadry Antoine? Coming out of high school, I expected him to be the next stud safety for us, but I haven't heard his name since.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2013, 11:24 PM
What's the latest on Quadry Antoine? Coming out of high school, I expected him to be the next stud safety for us, but I haven't heard his name since.

He was just a redshirt Freshman this year. I think he is having to adjust from being a walking 15 yard targeting penalty, to learning how to play an all around safety spot. I have a feeling he will contribute in a big way over the next 3 years.

hacker
12-06-2013, 11:35 PM

Yeah, what the hell are you talking about?