PDA

View Full Version : OT Megaball 1.55 Billion

Lord McBuckethead
08-08-2023, 02:40 PM
Look, buying lottery tickets are 100% a waste of money. Everyone would be better served if you took that money and invested it in your brokerage account instead of spending $3 on a ticket......
But with that being said, I bought a ticket. The payout is around $1.55 Billion. If you won, what would you do.

1. I would hire a professional to handle securing the money from the lottery, keeping my name out of it. I would do my best to not let anyone know that I won.
2. Second, I would take 5 million dollars and set it aside for fun money to be used the first year.
3. I would establish a foundation that would handle charitable requests, with an endowment of around 50 million.
4. I would go to each member of my family and set them up with a portfolio that paid them out money yearly after taking care of their financial issues.
5. I would then invest the rest of my money in the market with a diversified portfolio of stocks and bonds and just live off of 4%.

As far as the 5 million dollars fun money, well I would just blow it.

NIL? Well considering the ticket office will not allow me to buy floor tickets for basketball or a skybox for football right now, even though I have the money to do it .... I am not sure they deserve to get a cut.

TrapGame
08-08-2023, 02:44 PM
I'd give $150 million to the BI.

Lord McBuckethead
08-08-2023, 02:52 PM
Take that 150 million and invest it. Give the BI the return on that. As long as they are doing awesome stuff with the money, continue.

Offshore Dawg
08-08-2023, 03:50 PM
150 million in a 5% CD would furnish $7,500,000 a year. that should take care of NIL.

TrapGame
08-08-2023, 03:52 PM
Take that 150 million and invest it. Give the BI the return on that. As long as they are doing awesome stuff with the money, continue.

150 million in a 5% CD would furnish $7,500,000 a year. that should take care of NIL.

Perfect!

Johnson85
08-08-2023, 04:24 PM
Look, buying lottery tickets are 100% a waste of money. Everyone would be better served if you took that money and invested it in your brokerage account instead of spending $3 on a ticket......
But with that being said, I bought a ticket. The payout is around $1.55 Billion. If you won, what would you do.

1. I would hire a professional to handle securing the money from the lottery, keeping my name out of it. I would do my best to not let anyone know that I won.
2. Second, I would take 5 million dollars and set it aside for fun money to be used the first year.
3. I would establish a foundation that would handle charitable requests, with an endowment of around 50 million.
4. I would go to each member of my family and set them up with a portfolio that paid them out money yearly after taking care of their financial issues.
5. I would then invest the rest of my money in the market with a diversified portfolio of stocks and bonds and just live off of 4%.

As far as the 5 million dollars fun money, well I would just blow it.

NIL? Well considering the ticket office will not allow me to buy floor tickets for basketball or a skybox for football right now, even though I have the money to do it .... I am not sure they deserve to get a cut.

nm

Homedawg
08-08-2023, 04:38 PM

Better off putting in a money market w an even lesser rate(yes I know they are better rates out there) It compounds. Cd doesn't. ...mm outperforms it

Homedawg
08-08-2023, 04:39 PM
Perfect!

I feel like we just bought us a team. I feel so much better!! Ha

viverlibre
08-08-2023, 04:57 PM
I'd invest it in the H and B funds.

starkvegasdawg
08-08-2023, 05:44 PM
Land. Then more land. Then more land. Then in the middle of one of those large tracts of land is build me a new house and sightings of my ass would be rarer than Bigfoot. I'd also buy an uparmored chase vehicle for severe weather season. Immediate family would be taken care of. My church would get a chunk. Some charities I like such as make a wish and Samaritan's purse.

parabrave
08-08-2023, 06:53 PM
Land. Then more land. Then more land. Then in the middle of one of those large tracts of land is build me a new house and sightings of my ass would be rarer than Bigfoot. I'd also buy an uparmored chase vehicle for severe weather season. Immediate family would be taken care of. My church would get a chunk. Some charities I like such as make a wish and Samaritan's purse.

Put it all on Black and let it ride Baby

Pinto
08-08-2023, 07:01 PM
2 chicks at the same time

Tater
08-08-2023, 07:05 PM
2 chicks at the same time

Girls who'd double up on a guy like me would.

Goldendawg
08-08-2023, 08:46 PM
My folks got me a subscription to SI when I was a young teenager in the late 60s. I remember a quote from Tug Mcgraw when he signed one of the first $100K contracts in baseball. When asked on how he was going to spend the money, he replied, ''I'm going to spend 90% on wine, women, and song, and waste the rest." Plan still sounds good to me.*****

Offshore Dawg
08-08-2023, 09:38 PM
Girls who'd double up on a guy like me would.

Some chicks will do anything for the right price. You can still have hope,

HoopsDawg
08-08-2023, 09:54 PM
Better off putting in a money market w an even lesser rate(yes I know they are better rates out there) It compounds. Cd doesn't. ...mm outperforms it

Interest accrues in a CD. If rates don't move, value would be the same. But a money market could go from 5% to 1% in a matter of days. I've seen it happen. With a CD your rate is locked in.

Pancho
08-08-2023, 10:02 PM

nuthin like a good 3sum

DownwardDawg
08-08-2023, 10:04 PM

I'd just chill and invest in cancer treatments/prevention. I'd give most to St Jude and MD Anderson.

Tater
08-08-2023, 10:14 PM

Office Space is a great movie. Should give it a watch some time.

WeDemBoyz
08-09-2023, 07:24 AM
Nagga.. nagga.. notgunnaworkhere anymore

Ranchdawg
08-09-2023, 07:34 AM

I?m like you buy large chunks of undeveloped land. Then hire a bunch of people labor to take care of said acreage. I?d buy every piece of equipment to take care of the land bulldozers, track hoes, excavators, skid steers ect. I wouldn?t lift a finger I?d just instruct labor to do it. Already spent thirty plus years building one undeveloped tract into a farm/ranch. At this stage of life I just don?t have ability to build maintain land.

louisvilledawg
08-09-2023, 08:45 AM
I'll tell you what i'd do man: Two chicks at the same time, man.

TrapGame
08-09-2023, 09:16 AM
I'll tell you what i'd do man: Two chicks at the same time, man.

https://media.tenor.com/EqwVh97z71UAAAAC/lottery-powerball.gif

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-09-2023, 11:27 AM
Give it all to the Clinton Foundation, of course

MrCoachKlein
08-09-2023, 11:50 AM

USFR or t bills if you want longer guaranteed return.

I'd make a downpayment on a truck*

EdwardDrayton
08-09-2023, 12:51 PM
USFR or t bills if you want longer guaranteed return.

I'd make a downpayment on a truck*

Not sure it's quite enough for a RAM diesel these days

BrunswickDawg
08-09-2023, 03:01 PM
I actually knew a guy who was one of the first winners of the Georgia Lottery back in the early 1990s. He was a field archaeologist. He bought a new trailer and some land in West Georgia, bought a new truck and bass boat, and put most of it in a trust for his daughter. He had no bills, so he picked his jobs by where he could fish in his off time. Legend.

Coach34
08-09-2023, 03:21 PM
I would buy some land on the road between Batesville and Oxford and have a talented person construct the most beautiful Mississippi State monument that is easily seen by every driver that passes by

starkvegasdawg
08-09-2023, 04:43 PM
I would buy some land on the road between Batesville and Oxford and have a talented person construct the most beautiful Mississippi State monument that is easily seen by every driver that passes by
A monster Jumbotron playing highlights of us winning egg bowls on loop.

TALL DAWG
08-09-2023, 04:55 PM
We have a WINNER here!

TUSK
08-10-2023, 10:02 PM
easy....

cosmetic surgery....

on my hands....

https://previews.123rf.com/images/catalin205/catalin2052002/catalin205200200051/140350578-portrait-of-man-wearing-smart-casual-clothes-showing-double-middle-finger-isolated-on-white.jpg

MrCoachKlein
08-10-2023, 10:14 PM
easy....

cosmetic surgery....

on my hands....

https://previews.123rf.com/images/catalin205/catalin2052002/catalin205200200051/140350578-portrait-of-man-wearing-smart-casual-clothes-showing-double-middle-finger-isolated-on-white.jpg

Not a Cam statue wearing a Bear jersey and hat?*

TUSK
08-10-2023, 11:32 PM
Not a Cam statue wearing a Bear jersey and hat?*

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MrCoachKlein again.