PDA

View Full Version : So long to the PAC12

Reason2succeed
08-04-2023, 01:59 PM
The PAC 12 has just gone the way of the Southwest Conference. It?s over. Other conferences will pick up the scraps. If not, whatever is left of them will be considered G5 at best.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/38134021/big-ten-set-send-invites-oregon-washington-sources-say

HoopsDawg
08-04-2023, 02:23 PM
Over 100 years of CFB history gone in a matter of days.

Washington State is deceased. Oregon State is probably dead. Stanford will survive. Not sure about Cal.

Dawgface
08-04-2023, 02:54 PM
It's a shame. I liked regional conferences but no turning back now.

TUSK
08-04-2023, 04:24 PM
Huge "get" for the B1G...

With the recent additions and resulting new conferences, the SEC's lead over the B1G grows by only 1 since the inception of the BCS....

last 25 years:
now it's SEC 17 B1G 3

good for them...

The Federalist Engineer
08-04-2023, 04:25 PM
BIG 12 is now the pirate colony of misfits, rouges, knaves, whores, pickpockets, smugglers, and villains.

https://media.tenor.com/Ls8YoO0fwWcAAAAC/star-wars-you-will-never-find-a-more-wretched-hive-of-scum.gif

They are picking up Arizona, Colorado, and the other PAC12 rabble.

The Big 10 will take Stanford is my guess. It's a super rich and prestigious school. Routinely wins the Director's cup for athletic success. Stanford has presidents, CEOs, senators, actors, billionaires, Nobel winners, and a wealthy national alumni base. Plus, it makes sense for UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Washington to have proximal schools.

msstate7
08-04-2023, 05:33 PM
I'm losing interest in college football. I will certainly still watch, but my interest level continues to drop

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-04-2023, 05:38 PM
It really is pathetic that tradition, history, the rival fans getting to talk about the game against each other etc are all going away so a 110m athletic budget can become a 120m budget.

West coast teams playing @Maryland? Nobody gives a crap in either fanbase. Seriously imagine if we played Minnesota instead of Ole Miss? That's boring for all of us. Kids in MS would care less for both State and OM. Dads wouldn't take theor kids to games because the Dads don't care about Minnesota. You don't work with any Minessota fans to talk too, only other Stats fans will care.

This crap not only kills the Oregon States that get left behind, it kills the teams leaving g too and hurts the Big-10 schools. They just don't know it because they've got an extra 10m in TV money in front of them.This isn't what college sports was supposed to be. Fells very much like Pro teams moving cities and abandoning their loyal fanbase all for an extra tax break on the new stadium where they're moving too

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-04-2023, 05:47 PM
I'm losing interest in college football. I will certainly still watch, but my interest level continues to drop

How can you miss *checks notes* Penn State and Washington?? It's a great game every year with so much history!!

Washington fans want to play WSU, Oregon, etc. That's who their friends are fans of, that's who they want bragging rights over. They just got told to go F themselves by the AD, president, and the politicians that vote on this stuff.

msstate7
08-04-2023, 05:48 PM
It really is pathetic that tradition, history, the rival fans getting to talk about the game against each other etc are all going away so a 110m athletic budget can become a 120m budget.

West coast teams playing @Maryland? Nobody gives a crap in either fanbase. Seriously imagine if we played Minnesota instead of Ole Miss? That's boring for all of us. Kids in MS would care less for both State and OM. Dads wouldn't take theor kids to games because the Dads don't care about Minnesota. You don't work with any Minessota fans to talk too, only other Stats fans will care.

This crap not only kills the Oregon States that get left behind, it kills the teams leaving g too and hurts the Big-10 schools. They just don't know it because they've got an extra 10m in TV money in front of them.This isn't what college sports was supposed to be. Fells very much like Pro teams moving cities and abandoning their loyal fanbase all for an extra tax break on the new stadium where they're moving too

Esp when you consider tradition is a huge part of college football's allure

Tater
08-04-2023, 06:59 PM
College football is just going through a more pronounced D-1 and D-1AA split.

B1G / SEC / top teams from ACC that get picked off will be tier 1

B12/ACC skeleton will be tier two and dominate MBB.

AAC / Fun Belt / MWC will be tier 3

MAC / CUSA will go down to FCS.

Each tier will have their champion of sorts. The question is will their be relegation and promotion. We better hope not.

Commercecomet24
08-04-2023, 07:01 PM

Exactly how I feel, you nailed it! Great post. I?m like 7 I?ll still watch but I?m losing interest and won?t watch as much as used to for sure, to many other things to do.

coachnorm
08-04-2023, 07:10 PM
The end game is 2 super conferences of 20 teams the BIG and SEC. I believe the end game will be realized in 2 or 3 years. The BIG will get ND and I believe Cal to cement the Bay Area footprint. I believe that the 2 super conferences will ignore the expanded CF playoff and settle a national champ between themselves. The rest of CF will be the football version of the NIT?

Goldendawg
08-04-2023, 07:21 PM
The end game is 2 super conferences of 20 teams the BIG and SEC. I believe the end game will be realized in 2 or 3 years. The BIG will get ND and I believe Cal to cement the Bay Area footprint. I believe that the 2 super conferences will ignore the expanded CF playoff and settle a national champ between themselves. The rest of CF will be the football version of the NIT?

Sad, but there will be several "Washington Generals" in these two mega conferences with not much for fan bases to hope for, (even worse than what we have now). Not being in the super conferences will kill many programs.

coachnorm
08-04-2023, 07:48 PM
Sad, but there will be several "Washington Generals" in these two mega conferences with not much for fan bases to hope for, (even worse than what we have now). Not being in the super conferences will kill many programs.

When you say kill many programs are you meaning competitively or monetarily? Maybe welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES?

Goldendawg
08-04-2023, 07:54 PM
When you say kill many programs are you meaning competitively or monetarily? Maybe welcome to THE HUNGER GAMES?

Probably some of both. Without $ in today's minor league "Student Athlete" sports, will be even more hard to compete. Guess they will still need cupcakes for Home Coming games.**

BuckyIsAB****
08-04-2023, 09:08 PM
Greed and politics

Offshore Dawg
08-04-2023, 09:15 PM
NaNaNa DA HEHE gooodbye *********************

coachnorm
08-04-2023, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbUeUX0FzBI

Check this statement. I believe that the ACC Grant of Rights is not iron clad because of it.

Tater
08-04-2023, 10:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbUeUX0FzBI

Check this statement. I believe that the ACC Grant of Rights is not iron clad because of it.

Yea but that's the same shit Techsa did to Mike Leach. I doubt another or multiple universities are going to let that state law trick work lmao. It'll go Federal. Mike kept getting the run around and couldn't push his federal.

HoopsDawg
08-04-2023, 10:21 PM
Greed and politics

And incompetence

DownwardDawg
08-04-2023, 10:31 PM

I'm with you. And it was once a "way of life" for me. I literally breathed college football.

coachnorm
08-04-2023, 10:50 PM
Yea but that's the same shit Techsa did to Mike Leach. I doubt another or multiple universities are going to let that state law trick work lmao. It'll go Federal. Mike kept getting the run around and couldn't push his federal.

What I thought was impactful in the YouTube was ESPN and Disney getting culturally put in adversary conflict with college football fanbases and that conflict spilling over to Disney bottom line profits. This is a global image hit. Remember Disney also owns the SEC as it does the ACC. So all this pain for refusal to transfer assets within a single portfolio? Remember, Disney owns the grant of rights and not the ACC. This was publicly stated by North Carolina officials.

LC Dawg
08-04-2023, 11:41 PM

Whenever I've said this to my college football loving friends and coworkers I get a lot of "Well, just don't watch it!" and I try to explain to them that if people like me do that it will be a major problem for the sport.
I've always pointed to the greed of NASCAR in the 90s as what I think will eventually happen to college football. The money is going to start to dry up at some point in my opinion.

Reason2succeed
08-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Stanford and Cal will likely be independent. Washington State and Oregon State will likely have to humble themselves and join the Mountain West if they can?t get invited elsewhere.

Reason2succeed
08-05-2023, 06:21 AM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38136135/big-12-approves-addition-utah-arizona-state-bringing-league-16-teams

The dominoes are falling. All eyes are in the ACC now.

EdwardDrayton
08-05-2023, 08:21 AM

Yup

chef dixon
08-05-2023, 11:55 AM
I'm thankful we are tucked in a power conference. Really feel for fans of WSU and Oregon state. Maybe they can get in the Big12. They are so similar to us in a lot of ways.

coachnorm
08-05-2023, 02:06 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38136135/big-12-approves-addition-utah-arizona-state-bringing-league-16-teams

The dominoes are falling. All eyes are in the ACC now.

I am going to resubmit a personal projection to fellow elitedoggers. My first submission was last year and it is attached to this discussion. I stated to fellow doggers that the end game of expansion is 2 super conferences of 20 teams. 34 of the 40 have fallen into place as of today. The projection leaves 2 for the BIG and I believe those to be ND and Cal. ND for the brand and Cal for the monetary location of the Bay Area. Do not leave FSU of Clemson out of that discussion, we are in the mist of corporate cut throat HUNGER GAMES.

Disney/ESPN are losing subscribers and that can very well trickle down to the SEC contract as an END GAME issue. If the ACC members that want out of the grant of rights, that has them indentured to Disney/ESPN, force a culture clash between a provider and ACC fan bases, the Disney Corporation could be forced to sever with ESPN? A severance will weaken ESPN to the point that contractual agreements with the SEC and Disney/ESPN could be in question. This future potential hatred of some ACC fanbases could escalate and encroach on the movie business of Disney. ACC fan bases could fatally damage Disney thru Twitter alone.

Because of the reasons stated, I believe that North Carolina, Clemson, Miami, and FSU will be in the SEC in 3 years because monetary greed will force this HUNGER GAMES.

coachnorm
08-05-2023, 02:15 PM
SEC Super Conference

SEC East

South Carolina
Clemson
Georgia
Miami
Florida

SEC North

Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt * (Subject to Relegation)
Missouri
North Carolina

SEC South

Mississippi St
Ole Miss
FSU
Alabama
Auburn

SEC West

LSU
Arkansas
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma

BIG 10 Super Conference

BIG 10 East

Maryland
Penn St
Noter Dame
Rutgers * (Subject to Relegation)
Michigan St

BIG 10 North

Minnesota
Wisconsin
NWestern
Michigan
Ohio St

Big 10 South

Nebraska
Iowa
Illinois
Perdue
Indiana

Big 10 West

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington
California

Super Conference Scheduling Rules

Games 9-12 will be played against division opponents
Games 4-8 will be played against a rotating division every 3 yrs
Game 3 will be a rival game or second rival if in 3 yrs rotation
Game 2 will be a conference close geographical game
Game 1 will be a non-conference game SEC vs BIG 10

Play OFF Rules

Simply each 20-team conference will have division winners eliminate each other and the SEC plays the BIG 10 for national championship.

Non division winners can play bowl games or NIT

MrCoachKlein
08-05-2023, 04:09 PM
Delete

dawgday166
08-06-2023, 06:23 PM

Same here. But it's really across all sports to me. All of them are chasing the $$ to extreme levels now.

Joebob
08-06-2023, 07:23 PM
SEC Super Conference

SEC East

South Carolina
Clemson
Georgia
Miami
Florida

SEC North

Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt * (Subject to Relegation)
Missouri
North Carolina

SEC South

Mississippi St
Ole Miss
FSU
Alabama
Auburn

SEC West

LSU
Arkansas
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma

BIG 10 Super Conference

BIG 10 East

Maryland
Penn St
Noter Dame
Rutgers * (Subject to Relegation)
Michigan St

BIG 10 North

Minnesota
Wisconsin
NWestern
Michigan
Ohio St

Big 10 South

Nebraska
Iowa
Illinois
Perdue
Indiana

Big 10 West

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington
California

Super Conference Scheduling Rules

Games 9-12 will be played against division opponents
Games 4-8 will be played against a rotating division every 3 yrs
Game 3 will be a rival game or second rival if in 3 yrs rotation
Game 2 will be a conference close geographical game
Game 1 will be a non-conference game SEC vs BIG 10

Play OFF Rules

Simply each 20-team conference will have division winners eliminate each other and the SEC plays the BIG 10 for national championship.

Non division winners can play bowl games or NIT

The North division needs another big name football school in it, so I would do the following:

Move LSU to the South
Move FSU to the East
Move Georgia to the North
Move Missouri to the West

SpaceWranglerDawg
08-06-2023, 07:38 PM
So long Pac12.

Fun fact (and bragging moment) - my wife will be the last Pac 12 Women's Singles tennis champion that USC will ever have. Pretty cool.

Dawgface
08-06-2023, 08:08 PM
So long Pac12.

Fun fact (and bragging moment) - my wife will be the last Pac 12 Women's Singles tennis champion that USC will ever have. Pretty cool.

That is cool.

msstate7
08-06-2023, 08:36 PM
So long Pac12.

Nice.

coachnorm
08-06-2023, 09:47 PM
The North division needs another big name football school in it, so I would do the following:

Move LSU to the South
Move FSU to the East
Move Georgia to the North
Move Missouri to the West

Better than that would be relegate Vanderbilt to the ACC and add NC State. Remember Disney/ESPN own both the SEC and ACC so this would just be a portfolio shuffle.

coachnorm
08-06-2023, 11:34 PM
The Grant of Rights has been discussed ad-nauseum on message boards and linear tv. Litigation parameters among the old men power breakers has been discussed also. Everyone is trying to get a grasp on who will have the ultimate power in the ACC in regards to defection.

Maybe everyone is barking up the wrong tree? Maybe the students can deliver the knock out punch in this conflict? What would happen if the FSU boosters or any other program was to invest in T shirts to be worn at the games, let’s say 4 ACC teams. The T shirts would show Mickey Mouse Flogging Chief Osceola or Micky doing something obscene to the FSU mascot? Also, other mascots the same. If Twitter or YouTube gets this spread GLOBALLY, Disney/ESPN will have unbearable pain to endure when this digital content goes nationally, to Europe, to South America, to Africa, and to Asia. This will cause monetary pain in the Disney movie business.

This could go from digital to hard copy if students unite, maybe like the 1960s with the SDS, Students for a Democratic Society. Students with placards go to Disney World Orlando, Disneyland Anaheim, and Disney World Paris. If Twitter EXPLODES, connecting with this, Disney will probably go into self-preservation and shed ESPN from the corporation? This act of self-preservation also will motivate Disney/ESPN to give up on monetary clauses causing a monetary flogging for defecting the conference? I wonder how much damage thousands of students could do to Disney/ESPN if they were motivated and mobilized?

If any fellow elitedogger has connections with FSU or one of the other 3, why not copy and paste this statement to their social media?

Reason2succeed
08-07-2023, 06:13 AM
The Grant of Rights has been discussed ad-nauseum on message boards and linear tv. Litigation parameters among the old men power breakers has been discussed also. Everyone is trying to get a grasp on who will have the ultimate power in the ACC in regards to defection.

Maybe everyone is barking up the wrong tree? Maybe the students can deliver the knock out punch in this conflict? What would happen if the FSU boosters or any other program was to invest in T shirts to be worn at the games, let’s say 4 ACC teams. The T shirts would show Mickey Mouse Flogging Chief Osceola or Micky doing something obscene to the FSU mascot? Also, other mascots the same. If Twitter or YouTube gets this spread GLOBALLY, Disney/ESPN will have unbearable pain to endure when this digital content goes nationally, to Europe, to South America, to Africa, and to Asia. This will cause monetary pain in the Disney movie business.

This could go from digital to hard copy if students unite, maybe like the 1960s with the SDS, Students for a Democratic Society. Students with placards go to Disney World Orlando, Disneyland Anaheim, and Disney World Paris. If Twitter EXPLODES, connecting with this, Disney will probably go into self-preservation and shed ESPN from the corporation? This act of self-preservation also will motivate Disney/ESPN to give up on monetary clauses causing a monetary flogging for defecting the conference? I wonder how much damage thousands of students could do to Disney/ESPN if they were motivated and mobilized?

If any fellow elitedogger has connections with FSU or one of the other 3, why not copy and paste this statement to their social media?

Wait! Wut?!? You lost me bro!

I think FSU and Clemson and maybe a few more ACC teams join the Big 10 because ESPN already has them under contract so it doesn?t make sense for them to go to another ESPN conference like the SEC or the Big 12. I think the SEC stays at 16 because every time you add a team that is just another time you have to divide the money. No ACC teams are adding already untapped media markets enough to make adding them financially worthwhile unless ESPN just wants to play keep away from the Big 10.

Really Clark?
08-07-2023, 07:01 AM
Wait! Wut?!? You lost me bro!

I think FSU and Clemson and maybe a few more ACC teams join the Big 10 because ESPN already has them under contract so it doesn?t make sense for them to go to another ESPN conference like the SEC or the Big 12. I think the SEC stays at 16 because every time you add a team that is just another time you have to divide the money. No ACC teams are adding already untapped media markets enough to make adding them financially worthwhile unless ESPN just wants to play keep away from the Big 10.

I don't think the SEC wants the BIG10 to get into its backyard for viewership. I think the SEC would definitely add Clemson and FSU as marquee national football brands in our market. BIG10 is going coast to coast now, the SEC won't do that but having such a powerful hold on college football makes you more relevant nationally with a smaller market footprint.

Leroy Jenkins
08-07-2023, 05:36 PM
Stanford and Cal talking with ACC. Described as "exploratory" talks.

msstate7
08-07-2023, 05:47 PM
Stanford and Cal talking with ACC. Described as "exploratory" talks.

This is getting stupid

Commercecomet24
08-07-2023, 08:02 PM
This is getting stupid

I agree. Just crazy stuff. Now you have 2 west coast teams talking about moving to the Atlantic coast conference lol!

The Federalist Engineer
08-08-2023, 01:13 AM
CAL athletics going broke. No NCAA sports in Berkeley? They won't be missed by anyone.

If you visit Colorado State, you can't tell they spend any money on sports. Colorado too, Fulsom is just slightly more modern than the Roman Colosseum. But I rather be in Rome for a ball game.

Seems these debts are ridiculous. I smell theft at an epic scale. Look at TAM.

https://twitter.com/novy_williams/status/1687568184579153920