PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Heat the Rest of the Week

starkvegasdawg
08-02-2023, 09:01 PM
Heat indexes will approach 120 the rest of this week for the western half of the state and 115 for the eastern half. Don't try to overdo it outside and keep a check on the elderly and pets. By early next week, however, rain chances return and some slightly cooler temps and maybe a decrease in humidity. It is August, though, so it's not a permanent cool down but I'll take whatever I can get.

For those interested that have Facebook, there is now another way you can support our team that costs you nothing. Facebook has a program where select groups get paid royalties based on site activity and interactions. Things such as liking, commenting, and sharing our posts gives us a kickback from Zuckerberg's wallet. I honestly don't know if liking and following our page counts or not, but you're certainly more than welcome to do that, too, as we're pushing to to go over 82,000 followers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2kkfryWMAAbBrY?format=jpg&name=900x900

TheLostDawg
08-02-2023, 09:41 PM
Link?

starkvegasdawg
08-02-2023, 09:44 PM
https://www.facebook.com/NorthMississippiStormChasers?mibextid=LQQJ4d

Goldendawg
08-02-2023, 10:23 PM
Times like this wish we had a larger indoor practice facility for football. I have never understood why MS starts school in early August and paid ac bills for the hottest month of the school year. My last 11 years of my working career was a Middle School teacher and August was brutal. Prayers to the teachers, students & athletes in all ways.

Dawgology
08-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Not trying to detail this thread but from someone educated in weather patterns is this normal? I vaguely remember it getting this hot probably 12 years ago.

starkvegasdawg
08-02-2023, 10:43 PM
Here's a link to all of our sites just to have them in one place.

website
www.nmscas.org

patreon
https://www.patreon.com/NMSCAS

youtube
https://youtube.com/@northmississippistormchasers

Twitter
@nmscas

instagram
@nmscasteam

facebook
https://youtube.com/@northmississippistormchasers

starkvegasdawg
08-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Not trying to detail this thread but from someone educated in weather patterns is this normal? I vaguely remember it getting this hot probably 12 years ago.

120 heat indexes aren't your average summer here, but the air temps of 95-100 are typical. The hottest air temp ever recorded in Starkville was 111 back in either 1930 or 1935. I don't have the numbers in front of me but around 60% of our record highs (for Starkville) occurred in the dust bowl era and then the summer of 1980. 1930, 1935, and 1980 were all brutal summers.

DownwardDawg
08-03-2023, 12:42 AM
Finally got tolerable up here in north Tennessee again. It was bad like Mississippi for a while but the past week we've been in high 80's with less humidity.

BTW, your Patreon site has been great with the content lately.

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2023, 03:36 AM
Finally got tolerable up here in north Tennessee again. It was bad like Mississippi for a while but the past week we've been in high 80's with less humidity.

BTW, your Patreon site has been great with the content lately.

Glad you're enjoying it.

BulldogDX55
08-03-2023, 08:09 AM

You're right on the edge of the answer, but majority of our state and the posters on this board would call me a communist for saying more.

West Houston Dog
08-03-2023, 08:10 AM
been here 44 summers now.

Worst was 2011 with the Biblical drought
Summer i moved here in 1980 was #2
think this summer will end up being #3 worst.

i am ready to retire to Colorado...will take some cold any day!!

lastmajordog
08-03-2023, 04:48 PM
I”m in the purple (Pocahontas Elizabeth Warren ) territory........it’s awful......rather have old arkansas DOG game weather.......

Really Clark?
08-03-2023, 05:00 PM
You're right on the edge of the answer, but majority of our state and the posters on this board would call me a communist for saying more.

You are ignoring the answer that was already given? 1930,1935 and 1980

Pancho
08-03-2023, 08:43 PM
weather has been a changin back and forth way back since the beginning of time.........some folk simply cannot see this. Plymouth rock is still right where it was when those ships arrived........

DownwardDawg
08-03-2023, 11:30 PM
weather has been a changin back and forth way back since the beginning of time.........some folk simply cannot see this. Plymouth rock is still right where it was when those ships arrived........

This is extremely difficult for millions to understand apparently.

Reason2succeed
08-04-2023, 03:27 AM
This is extremely difficult for millions to understand apparently.

But not for over 90% of the scientists that actually study these things. 🙄😬😏

Pancho
08-04-2023, 05:49 AM
yea, especially the al gore type scientists...........these same people also want to prevent you from using a gas stove in the kitchen and tell you how bad a combustion engine is compared to battery power. It's really quite humorous. the cow fart people

DownwardDawg
08-06-2023, 11:28 AM
But not for over 90% of the scientists that actually study these things. ������

Lol. You are waaaayyy off base. When I was in elementary school, these same "scientists" that you believe tried to convince us that another ice age was coming.

The fact is that the climate is changing. It will change. And it will change back.

Pancho
08-06-2023, 04:34 PM
why are the homes along the east coast so popular if they are going to be underwater in 5 years? just follow the money folks........