PDA

View Full Version : Rumors and Such

Dawgfan77
12-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Ok what all you guy hearing regarding staff changes....Rumors are encouraged

Martianlander
12-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Les will retire. New OC will knock your sox off. Can't say at this point. At least one other major change on offense. Remember you heard it here.

Political Hack
12-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Les will retire has been a rumor for the last 3 years. Not saying it's not true, just funny that's the first thing said.

I just hope we see an actual special teams coach.

Collins getting interest is the only thing worth following at this point IMO.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 08:58 PM
This is older news- Townsend supposedly hates recruiting- loves coaching. May seek a return to NFL.

I'll be surprised if Sallach isnt moved into a new role.

Fader21
12-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I heard if Collins gets another job Saban will be the new DC. You heard it here first.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Saban will coach Special Teams also

hells bells
12-01-2013, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;99215]Saban will coach Special Teams.

Received a email this afternoon from a bulldog friend. A quote from OM Facebook administrator John Cofield from yesterday. Have you seen this to authentic it. I am not on Facebook but this thing if true is a must read for any recruit thinking about TSUN.

Dawg61
12-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Please say we are raising all the assistants salaries significantly and we are hiring a shit ton of football people outside of the ones on the field. Auburn and Bama have over 20. Do we even have 1?

Coach34
12-01-2013, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;99215]Saban will coach Special Teams.

Received a email this afternoon from a bulldog friend. A quote from OM Facebook administrator John Cofield from yesterday. Have you seen this to authentic it. I am not on Facebook but this thing if true is a must read for any recruit thinking about TSUN.

what quote? No idea what you are talking about

DownwardDawg
12-01-2013, 09:43 PM
I really hope we hire a ST coach.

Goat Holder
12-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Not MSU, but Malzahn is going to be pursued by Texas. It is widely believed among influential Alabama power boys. Who knows if he accepts, but they are definitely going to go after him.

DanDority
12-01-2013, 09:46 PM
We really should be hiring a lot of extra football people. With all the new money our program is receiving from the SEC and the stadium expansion and all, but I'm afraid we will see a more assistant AD's or more for non-revenue producing sports.

deltadawg99
12-01-2013, 09:49 PM
This is older news- Townsend supposedly hates recruiting- loves coaching. May seek a return to NFL.

I'll be surprised if Sallach isnt moved into a new role.

Not sure why, but that surprises me about Townsend not liking recruiting.

Lord I hope Sallach is moved. Hopefully to an office job like he was supposed to until Brewster left.

godlluB
12-01-2013, 09:50 PM
I've heard that Vic Schaefer wants to hire some guy named Freeze to be an assistant. This Freeze guy was supposedly a pretty good girls' HS basketball coach.

Big4Dawg
12-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Not sure why, but that surprises me about Townsend not liking recruiting.

Lord I hope Sallach is moved. Hopefully to an office job like he was supposed to until Brewster left.

Townsend news is really disappointing.

bulldawg28
12-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Townsend took the MSU job to be closer to his father. His father is still alive so i don't see him leaving immediately.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Townsend took the MSU job to be closer to his father. His father is still alive so i don't see him leaving immediately.

Thats good to hear

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Townsend news is really disappointing.

"Like" and "not being good at" are two totally different things. Townsend may not like recruiting, but I think he is probably pretty good at it.

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Please say we are raising all the assistants salaries significantly and we are hiring a shit ton of football people outside of the ones on the field. Auburn and Bama have over 20. Do we even have 1?

Raising salaries and adding personnel are all part of a growing program. We need to make Scott aware of this.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Raising salaries and adding personnel are all part of a growing program. We need to make Scott aware of this.

Shirley he is already aware

hells bells
12-01-2013, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=hells bells;99218]

what quote? No idea what you are talking about

Quote by the OM Facebook administrator John Cofield yesterday.

"Always remember that we are FOREVER OLE MISS and they are FOREVER second rate state." "Nothing they can ever do will change what they are and what the world jinks of them." "I will always feel a little sorry for those Mississippians who have to go from cradle to grave with MSU as their pride and joy"

I am not a FB member. Will take this a the real deal from my text source.

Op4isabitch
12-01-2013, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;99224]

Quote by the OM Facebook administrator John Cofield yesterday.

"Always remember that we are FOREVER OLE MISS and they are FOREVER second rate state." "Nothing they can ever do will change what they are and what the world jinks of them." "I will always feel a little sorry for those Mississippians who have to go from cradle to grave with MSU as their pride and joy"

I am not a FB member. Will take this a the real deal from my text source.

Yeah, that's a true post.
I saw it on my Facebook feed, he was getting drug over the coals about it.

Political Hack
12-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Ole Miss: Where being a loser is better than being a winner.

messageboardsuperhero
12-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Guys, I'm just convinced now... We are poor ole MooU and will always suck cause we ain't UM. Let's just give up now.***

Thanks for that brilliant and insightful revelation Mr. Cofield.