PDA

View Full Version : OT: Nostalgia overload

starkvegasdawg
07-30-2023, 12:26 PM
I'm 49 years old or as my daughter likes to remind me I'm almost half a hundred. But for a couple of seconds a moment ago I was 13 again. Walked by my son's room (who is 13 now) and he has Living on a Prayer blasting in his bedroom. For a moment that was me in my room. Denim Jacket draped over the hair where I had my Atari 2600 set up. Trapper Keeper all set for the school year. Swatch on my arm keeping impeccable time. The good old days.

SaintDawg
07-30-2023, 02:22 PM
Man, you ain't kidding. I wish I could go back for just one day.

ArrowDawg
07-30-2023, 05:24 PM
I'm 49 years old or as my daughter likes to remind me I'm almost half a hundred. But for a couple of seconds a moment ago I was 13 again. Walked by my son's room (who is 13 now) and he has Living on a Prayer blasting in his bedroom. For a moment that was me in my room. Denim Jacket draped over the hair where I had my Atari 2600 set up. Trapper Keeper all set for the school year. Swatch on my arm keeping impeccable time. The good old days.

I hear you, although by then I'd moved on to the Atari 7800. Wish I could go back and experience some of those late 80's movies again for the first time.

Maroonthirteen
07-30-2023, 08:34 PM
Didn't Bon Jovi play at the Hump in the late 80s? I'm almost certain. Anyways mom wouldn't let me go. But I had Slippery When Wet cranked for many days as I cruised the school.

Edit to add: yes. Spring 1987.

DownwardDawg
07-31-2023, 11:30 AM
There's a great radio station up here in middle Tennessee. Jack FM. Plays old hits from 80's and 90's. I'm 55 and I feel like a kid when I head out by myself with the radio blaring.