View Full Version : 2019 Egg Bowl and Billy Napier

BigDawg81
07-28-2023, 05:24 PM
I was listening to T&L and a nugget kinda slipped out of the mouth of Hadad. Did State back out from hiring Napier? Hadad made it seem like State was set to hire Napier if State lost the 2019 Egg Bowl. This whole time I thought that Napier turned State down. In the end, it worked out for State.

Leroy Jenkins
07-28-2023, 05:40 PM
We went from nearly hiring Sunbelt Billy, with the personality of a potato, to a damn legend. Funny how the world works.

BigDawg81
07-28-2023, 05:49 PM
We went from nearly hiring Sunbelt Billy, with the personality of a potato, to a damn legend. Funny how the world works.Leach must have kept Napier from singing

Homedawg
07-28-2023, 07:13 PM
I was listening to T&L and a nugget kinda slipped out of the mouth of Hadad. Did State back out from hiring Napier? Hadad made it seem like State was set to hire Napier if State lost the 2019 Egg Bowl. This whole time I thought that Napier turned State down. In the end, it worked out for State.

No. Napier never talked to us. Wouldn't. We talked to his agent. But he never spoke to us. Anyone that believes that he was close to getting the job is just wrong

Captain Falcon
07-28-2023, 07:57 PM
If we had fired Moorhead in November then Joe Judge is probably the hire. We were all set to announce him in January and then the Giants made a surprise last minute offer.

We, and frankly Cohen, probably dodged a major bullet there.

Todd4State
07-28-2023, 10:00 PM
No. Napier never talked to us. Wouldn't. We talked to his agent. But he never spoke to us. Anyone that believes that he was close to getting the job is just wrong

Heck- we couldn't even decide whether we wanted to keep Moorhead or not after the 2019 Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
07-28-2023, 10:01 PM
If we had fired Moorhead in November then Joe Judge is probably the hire. We were all set to announce him in January and then the Giants made a surprise last minute offer.

We, and frankly Cohen, probably dodged a major bullet there.

Think about this. If Elijah Moore doesn't act like a dog in the end zone and we lose that game in overtime we get Joe Judge instead of Leach.

That game caused so many massive ripples in college football it's crazy.

Captain Falcon
07-30-2023, 07:57 AM
Think about this. If Elijah Moore doesn't act like a dog in the end zone and we lose that game in overtime we get Joe Judge instead of Leach.

That game caused so many massive ripples in college football it's crazy.

Judge must be an all time great interview, or either people put way too much stock in his Saban and Belichick ties. He was a disaster for NYG and then they immediately made the playoffs the next year once he was gone.

Todd4State
07-30-2023, 11:09 AM
Judge must be an all time great interview, or either people put way too much stock in his Saban and Belichick ties. He was a disaster for NYG and then they immediately made the playoffs the next year once he was gone.

I suspect he was a great interview based on what I heard from MSU and the Giants. From reading reports it sounds like he is in a bad spot in his career because he was having meltdowns with the Patriots this year. Maybe he can get it back together and learn from this.