PDA

View Full Version : State and NCAA Baseball

Coach34
07-27-2023, 09:11 PM
Some of you seem to need a history lesson on baseball.

NCAA Baseball Titles 1976-2000

Pac-12- 9 titles
SEC- 6....LSU with 5 and Georgia 1
Big 12- 2
Cal-State Fullerton- 3
ACC/Miami- 3
Wichita State- 1
Pepperdine- 1

Before 2000- SEC success was LSU. State was a Top 20 program. From 1976-2000 State did not have 1 losing season and only 2 since 1960. The SEC did not care about baseball. Then 2000 got here and it all changed.

2001-2023:

SEC- 9 (6 different teams)
Pac 12- 5
ACC- 2
Big 12- 2
Coastal 1
Rice- 1
Fresno State- 1
Fullerton- 1

Since 2001- we have had 5 losing seasons. We have had 1 SEC title since 1990. ONE in the last 33 years. To act the way some of you do is puzzling to me. We are a Top 20 program but we arent LSU. 1 SEC title in the last 33 years. We arent a Top 5 program that should be in Omaha every year. The SEC has gotten tougher and its extremely competitive. As in football now- money and the town of StarkVegas come into play in recruiting. It's not 1989 anymore when our stadium is way better than everybody else's. It's a different animal than it was when Polk coached.

2024 will tell the tale on Lemon. He either gets it done or he doesnt.

basedog
07-27-2023, 09:19 PM
Don't forget about how many times we have been to regionals and won. Also we've won the Sec tournament a few times and we have played in CWS several times. It's not like we aren't a top program, but we are a top 20 or better baseball program.
The Sec is tough in all sports, we've gotten better overall over the years I think.

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2023, 09:43 PM
Yeah we suck we should accept that who wants to make Hoover

Cooterpoot
07-27-2023, 09:50 PM
We won a national championship with the SEC being better than ever. This is some stupid ass shit!

Tater
07-27-2023, 09:53 PM
The last 25-30 years we're very comparable to A&M football. Especially since they've joined the SEC. Imagine if it was an 8-team playoff in 2020 and A&M won it all. We'd be exactly the same the last 10 years.

Consistently hyped. Tons of resources. Poached big name coach. On every recruit's shortlist. Currently inexplicably shitting the bed.

But in Baseball we're easily top 10 if not top 5.

I struggle to name 5 programs better. LSU, Texsa, Vandy?
Florida, Ark, OM, SCar are all similar tier as us at best. Who else you taking? FSU?

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2023, 10:02 PM
Stop making excuses for an underachieving staff. Period. The same people who attacked Leach cannot defend this

Coach34
07-27-2023, 10:28 PM
But in Baseball we're easily top 10 if not top 5.

I struggle to name 5 programs better. LSU, Texsa, Vandy?
Florida, Ark, OM, SCar are all similar tier as us at best. Who else you taking? FSU?

Top 5 in the SEC? Yeah, we can do that. LSU, Candy, Fla are definitely ahead of us. UPig, Us, SC, Mississippi, Tenn all grouped together. Tenn doesnt have the history but they have momentum and certainly viewed as a top SEC program right now.

Nationally, it's LSU, Texas, Miami, Oregon St, Candy, Fla, UCLA then about 20 teams including us rounding out the top 25-26 programs

Coach34
07-27-2023, 10:29 PM
Stop making excuses for an underachieving staff. Period. The same people who attacked Leach cannot defend this

Nobody is defending it. He doesnt make it happen next year he's gone. Pretty cut and dry

Tater
07-27-2023, 10:39 PM
Top 5 in the SEC? Yeah, we can do that. LSU, Candy, Fla are definitely ahead of us. UPig, Us, SC, Mississippi, Tenn all grouped together. Tenn doesnt have the history but they have momentum and certainly viewed as a top SEC program right now.

Nationally, it's LSU, Texas, Miami, Oregon St, Candy, Fla, UCLA then about 20 teams including us rounding out the top 25-26 programs

I challenge that Miami and UCLA are above us. I forgot about the beavers I'll be honest. And we're at the top of that "20 team" pile you tried to put us in to make your point. UCLA doesn't even average 1k+ attendance. Miami is just weird right now. PAC-12 is dead in college baseball.

LSU / Texsa ///// Vandy / Oregon State / Florida / State / FSU / OM / UPig / SCar. Then it's UTK / Stanford / Miami / Etc. We're top 10. We did make 5 straight Supers across 4 diff coaches. LSU and Texsa are in a different stratosphere, our fans are unfortunately wrong to think we are there yet, I'll give you that. But we're top 10.

Todd4State
07-27-2023, 10:44 PM
LSU has one of the softest "dynasties" ever. They were built on steroids and loaded bats and they basically gamed the system. Since Bertman left they have two National Championships and which is the same amount as Vandy and South Carolina.

The reality is the SEC has taken over college baseball as a league because of Mississippi State and LSU and what those two did in the 80's and 90's. People talking about how facilities don't matter? Well that's part of the reason why the SEC is plucking the better players from the West Coast schools because no one on the West Coast cares enough to show up.

The "old" SEC West- MSU, Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, and Auburn- have five teams that have either played for or won a National Championship. That number was one in 1990- and that was a runner up finish by Alabama. Pretty much every team in the SEC has either a massive fan base that cares a lot about baseball or they are in one of the big population states- Florida, Georgia, and Texas- where they basically can find 16 players that want to stay home and have an elite team. The only exceptions being Kentucky- which by the way set attendance records this past year for them and Mizzou which is between two MLB cities and is only a few hours away from Chicago one of America's largest cities.

Todd4State
07-27-2023, 10:46 PM
I challenge that Miami and UCLA are above us. I forgot about the beavers I'll be honest. And we're at the top of that "20 team" pile you tried to put us in to make your point. UCLA doesn't even average 1k+ attendance. Miami is just weird right now. PAC-12 is dead in college baseball.

LSU / Texsa ///// Vandy / Oregon State / Florida / State / FSU / OM / UPig / SCar. Then it's UTK / Stanford / Miami / Etc. We're top 10. We did make 5 straight Supers across 4 diff coaches. LSU and Texsa are in a different stratosphere, our fans are unfortunately wrong to think we are there yet, I'll give you that. But we're top 10.

I'll say this- I've been to both MSU and LSU for big games when both were rolling and doing well. The Dude is a better atmosphere than Alex Box.

Tater
07-27-2023, 10:48 PM
I'll say this- I've been to both MSU and LSU for big games when both were rolling and doing well. The Dude is a better atmosphere than Alex Box.

The Big house is bigger and better than the shoe. Ohio state still reigns as top dog between those two.

Homedawg
07-27-2023, 11:08 PM

He wasn't. But can you do the same when Will has a bad game?? Nvm I know the answer. Wr suck. Line sucks. Something.

Quaoarsking
07-27-2023, 11:09 PM
We demonstrated that we aren't an elite program when we gave Lemonis a third chance to not suck.

CaptainObvious
07-27-2023, 11:57 PM
We demonstrated that we aren't an elite program when we gave Lemonis a third chance to not suck.

Next May, Lemonis will look like Longshanks on his death bed when his son?s wife tells him she is pregnant with The Rebellious Scot?s baby.

Enjoy Football and Basketball. Lemonis has made MSU Baseball synonymous with US Men?s Soccer.😳 Ouch!

Quaoarsking
07-28-2023, 12:03 AM
The problem is that we probably will improve some next year, but if we make the tournament at all, Lemonis is going to get 2025 and just set us up for mediocrity as a program.

I'm not saying we should expect Omaha every other year, but we should be in the mix to host at least every other year, more like 6-7 times a decade. Sometimes you just fall on the wrong side of the hosting bubble. Like in 2014 we went 18-12 in the SEC, which is almost always good enough to host, but for whatever reason our RPI just wasn't good enough and we didn't get one. Bad luck with our scheduling. I wouldn't hold that season against Cohen, and if that's what we do in 2024, I won't hold it against Lemonis. But anything short of that, and Lemonis should be done. 3 seed? Fired. 2 seed that was way out of the hosting conversation? Fired. Even with some improvement over the rock bottom he had us in 22 and 23, that's 3 straight years below a realistic standard for our program.

After all, look at how we performed after Cohen pulled us out of the muck:
2012: 16-14, won SECT, barely missed hosting (I think this is the year the "Will State host?" Twitter meme started?)
2013: 16-14, hosted
2014: 18-12, barely missed hosting
2015: 8-22, oops
2016: 21-9, hosted
2017: 17-13, I don't recall us being in the hosting mix, but we must have been close
2018: 15-15, not in the hosting mix
2019: 20-10, hosted
2020: COVID
2021: 20-10, hosted

That's a 10-year stretch (really a 9-season stretch) with 4 hostings, 2 more barely missed (maybe 3?). This standard I'm putting out there is realistic.

Todd4State
07-28-2023, 01:31 AM
The problem is that we probably will improve some next year, but if we make the tournament at all, Lemonis is going to get 2025 and just set us up for mediocrity as a program.

I'm not saying we should expect Omaha every other year, but we should be in the mix to host at least every other year, more like 6-7 times a decade. Sometimes you just fall on the wrong side of the hosting bubble. Like in 2014 we went 18-12 in the SEC, which is almost always good enough to host, but for whatever reason our RPI just wasn't good enough and we didn't get one. Bad luck with our scheduling. I wouldn't hold that season against Cohen, and if that's what we do in 2024, I won't hold it against Lemonis. But anything short of that, and Lemonis should be done. 3 seed? Fired. 2 seed that was way out of the hosting conversation? Fired. Even with some improvement over the rock bottom he had us in 22 and 23, that's 3 straight years below a realistic standard for our program.

After all, look at how we performed after Cohen pulled us out of the muck:
2012: 16-14, won SECT, barely missed hosting (I think this is the year the "Will State host?" Twitter meme started?)
2013: 16-14, hosted
2014: 18-12, barely missed hosting
2015: 8-22, oops
2016: 21-9, hosted
2017: 17-13, I don't recall us being in the hosting mix, but we must have been close
2018: 15-15, not in the hosting mix
2019: 20-10, hosted
2020: COVID
2021: 20-10, hosted

That's a 10-year stretch (really a 9-season stretch) with 4 hostings, 2 more barely missed (maybe 3?). This standard I'm putting out there is realistic.

I don't think just making a regional necessarily means he is back no matter what. Larry Templeton isn't running our AD either. Our powers that be aren't going to just let LSU, Arkansas, and etc. just run circles around us for long.

I think he pretty much has to get to a SR unless we do something else like win the SEC during the regular season or win the SEC Tournament and then get upset in a regional or at the very least host a regional. Huge difference between hosting a regional and getting upset and being a 3 seed and not making it out of a regional.

Pancho
07-28-2023, 05:09 AM
Goodness, this is like a slow motion train crash.

BigDawg81
07-28-2023, 05:54 AM
We demonstrated that we aren't an elite program when we gave Lemonis a third chance to not suck. I knew that way before then. People will argue but when you go to CWS 12 times, you?re eventually going to win one. Lemonis just so happened to be the coach at the time. It could have happened with Polk, McMahon and Cohen but it don?t work out. According to the sunshine pumpers, I don?t know baseball and a Cohen hater. Look at where we are at now. I think State is a good but not great program.

Pancho
07-28-2023, 06:30 AM
The SEC is way too competitive now in baseball and Lemo is the perfect guy to keep a team 3/4 of the way to the bottom regularly. The experts here on Elite dogs all know this and seem to accept it. Parker better sure have the ability to make a turnip bleed.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-28-2023, 07:00 AM

Why should he get a 3rd chance? Why is back to back missing Hoover (which hasn't happened in decades, even the end of Polk 2) not enough for us to move on?

Why SHOULD "Lemonizick" get a 3rd season but not say, Moorhead?

I also wonder why you retired your little nickname for him

msstate7
07-28-2023, 07:13 AM

Tenn shouldn't even be in the conversation, but they got an elite coach. Lemonis seems to pull us down, not elevate us like Vitello

99jc
07-28-2023, 07:47 AM
Nobody is defending it. He doesnt make it happen next year he's gone. Pretty cut and dry

The problem i have is we just wasted another year when anyone with common sense can see he is Moorhead 2.0

Tater
07-28-2023, 08:19 AM
Why should he get a 3rd chance? Why is back to back missing Hoover (which hasn't happened in decades, even the end of Polk 2) not enough for us to move on?

Because he's the only coach in State history to win it all. The. Only. One.

And Coach seems to have had a life reflection since his NDE, and has decided to see the positive side of things in life instead of being so damn negative all the time. He probably learned life is too short to be focused on negatives, and rather enjoy all the positives we do have because that is a way better outlook on life.

People can change opinions and grow, even in old age. That's a good quality to have and more people need to have it.

Saltydog
07-28-2023, 08:24 AM

You didn't get the memo? We had to keep the crootin' class together, wink, wink.......

Dawgface
07-28-2023, 08:59 AM

Lemonizick did guide us to our first and only NC. That's the only reason. But I too wanted him gone.

Ezsoil
07-28-2023, 09:05 AM
Tenn shouldn't even be in the conversation, but they got an elite coach. Lemonis seems to pull us down, not elevate us like Vitello

I wouldn't say that Vitello elevates anyone.....his teams are absolute trash as far as character goes and that lack of character is why they choke every post season.

msstate7
07-28-2023, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't say that Vitello elevates anyone.....his teams are absolute trash as far as character goes and that lack of character is why they choke every post season.

They literally made the CWS this season. He's an outstanding coach

Coach34
07-28-2023, 10:24 AM

Moorhead was fired over off the field issues- same as Stands. That's just not tolerated in StarkVegas

Coach34
07-28-2023, 10:27 AM

But they are. They have gone CWS, Super, CWS the last 3 seasons. They are pumping money into baseball. Right now- they are viewed as a top SEC baseball program.

msstate7
07-28-2023, 10:40 AM
But they are. They have gone CWS, Super, CWS the last 3 seasons. They are pumping money into baseball. Right now- they are viewed as a top SEC baseball program.

I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying if you flipped our coaches, Tenn is still garbage and we're right there with the elites

CaptainObvious
07-28-2023, 12:00 PM
I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying if you flipped our coaches, Tenn is still garbage and we're right there with the elites

Wait. Are you saying Lemonis would Coach Tennessee the way Polk II coached <his boys> at State, and Vitello would Coach State players to practice and play with a hard edge and a chip on their shoulders pushing the limits of friendly competition to more of a Forceful Intimidation?

I think I might prefer the latter.

BuckyIsAB****
07-29-2023, 09:18 AM
He wasn't. But can you do the same when Will has a bad game?? Nvm I know the answer. Wr suck. Line sucks. Something.

He played the worst game of his career in the egg bowl and we won. The WRs did suck. Especially the outside guys all year long. Both are facts

Cowbell
07-29-2023, 10:18 AM
Some of you seem to need a history lesson on baseball.

NCAA Baseball Titles 1976-2000

Pac-12- 9 titles
SEC- 6....LSU with 5 and Georgia 1
Big 12- 2
Cal-State Fullerton- 3
ACC/Miami- 3
Wichita State- 1
Pepperdine- 1

Before 2000- SEC success was LSU. State was a Top 20 program. From 1976-2000 State did not have 1 losing season and only 2 since 1960. The SEC did not care about baseball. Then 2000 got here and it all changed.

2001-2023:

SEC- 9 (6 different teams)
Pac 12- 5
ACC- 2
Big 12- 2
Coastal 1
Rice- 1
Fresno State- 1
Fullerton- 1

Since 2001- we have had 5 losing seasons. We have had 1 SEC title since 1990. ONE in the last 33 years. To act the way some of you do is puzzling to me. We are a Top 20 program but we arent LSU. 1 SEC title in the last 33 years. We arent a Top 5 program that should be in Omaha every year. The SEC has gotten tougher and its extremely competitive. As in football now- money and the town of StarkVegas come into play in recruiting. It's not 1989 anymore when our stadium is way better than everybody else's. It's a different animal than it was when Polk coached.

I agree with you on a lot of things but this is some Everette level thinking

Cowbell
07-29-2023, 10:18 AM

This is correct

Cowbell
07-29-2023, 10:23 AM

You cannot reward Tennessee for their recent momentum (due to a new coach) while at the same time discounting our fall from success. That's a double standard. Tennessee is not the baseball program we are year in and out. Period.

Coach34
07-29-2023, 10:56 AM
You cannot reward Tennessee for their recent momentum (due to a new coach) while at the same time discounting our fall from success. That's a double standard. Tennessee is not the baseball program we are year in and out. Period.

I'm talking perception and the way recruits look the programs. Auburn is pretty much the same. Both programs have alot of momentum but Tenn is the sexy girl right now.

Our last 2 seasons have nothing to do with my view of us. We havent won the SEC in 33 years. Facts is facts my man. Thank goodness we finally got a championship but so does Coastal Carolina. Our fans put too much stock in crowds. SC football has great attendance also- but that doesnt elevate their football standing. What does? Winning big games

Quaoarsking
07-29-2023, 11:01 AM
Our last 2 seasons have nothing to do with my view of us. We havent won the SEC in 33 years. Facts is facts my man.

2016 was 33 years ago?

The Federalist Engineer
07-29-2023, 12:04 PM
I agree with you on a lot of things but this is some Everette level thinking

This is Larry Templeton endorsed thinking. This is how one would justify how MSU nearly destroyed baseball in the 2000s.

The decline in performance was malpractice and incompetence, not destiny

maroonmania
07-29-2023, 03:18 PM
2016 was 33 years ago?

Exactly, C34 can't remember an SEC baseball championship from just 7 years ago? And we have historically held our own recruiting against LSU in baseball when our program is performing like it should. Hard to recruit against any top program right now with our results from the past 2 seasons. That's the main issue. Even when LSU has not been at the top.of the league I can't ever remember them falling to the absolute bottom like we have the last 2 years

Coach34
07-29-2023, 05:29 PM
My bad. 2 in 33 years. Not sure why 2016 slipped the mind.

Coach34
07-29-2023, 05:48 PM
And we have historically held our own recruiting against LSU in baseball when our program is performing like it should. Even when LSU has not been at the top.of the league I can't ever remember them falling to the absolute bottom like we have the last 2 years

We have had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 seasons with only 1 of those being Lemon's. Again- acting like we are experiencing some historical losing under Lemon is not living in reality.

LSU will never fall like us. They are the best program in the country.

sandjunky
07-29-2023, 07:10 PM
We have had 5 losing seasons in the last 15 seasons with only 1 of those being Lemon's. Again- acting like we are experiencing some historical losing under Lemon is not living in reality.

And LSU would have fired Lemonis after the last two seasons NC or not

Coach34
07-29-2023, 09:30 PM
And LSU would have fired Lemonis after the last two seasons NC or not

We aren’t LSU and never will be

Goldendawg
07-29-2023, 10:49 PM

14th of 14 SEC teams in '22 and 13th of 14 in '23 is now historical for us. Just having an overall winning season is a very low bar for us.

Coach34
07-30-2023, 01:21 AM
14th of 14 SEC teams in '22 and 13th of 14 in '23 is now historical for us. Just having an overall winning season is a very low bar for us.

We finished last in 2008
We finished last in 2009
We finished next to last in 2010
Losing season in 2015
Losing season in 2022

5 losing seasons in the last 15 years

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-30-2023, 06:53 AM
We finished last in 2008
We finished last in 2009
We finished next to last in 2010
Losing season in 2015
Losing season in 2022

5 losing seasons in the last 15 years

3 of those were the end of Polk 2/beginning g of Cohen where he had to fix the roster the slow way (no Portal)

In 15 Cohen reacted so strongly to loosing he got a ton of great JuCos and we won the SEC the next year. There's no good excuses for '15, but the man took action to fix it

What did Lemo do after his loosing season?

Pancho
07-30-2023, 07:05 AM
same thing he's doing now, waiting

StarkVegasSteve
07-30-2023, 07:24 AM

Omaha 2 out of the last 3 years. National seed two out of the last 3 years and was the number 1 overall seed in 2022. At this moment they are light years ahead of us and it is solely because of Vitello. You can hate him all you want but I would take him in a heartbeat over Lemonis. Also, how about we stop acting like our guys play like choirboys. Hunter Hines flipped off the OM fans two years ago in Oxford, Ethan Small told the CMU dugout to blow him, and Logan Tanner had some very choice words for the OM dugout after the 21 series. And btw, none of that is bad. I love playing with that brash confidence and cockiness.

BrunswickDawg
07-30-2023, 08:25 AM
3 of those were the end of Polk 2/beginning g of Cohen where he had to fix the roster the slow way (no Portal)

In 15 Cohen reacted so strongly to loosing he got a ton of great JuCos and we won the SEC the next year. There's no good excuses for '15, but the man took action to fix it

What did Lemo do after his loosing season?
That's not entirely true. We brought in exactly 3 JUCOs who contributed in '16 - Lowe, Kruger, and Daniel Brown. Everyone else was either on the roster or true freshman. We had a ton of guys make jumps (Hudson, Sexton, Houston and Rooker being the main ones) from '15 and had a freshmans who hit .400+, and 2 more who gave us major innings (Pilk and James).

More than anything Cohen filled a hole with Lowe, got lucky with Kruger which allowed Collins to play 3B (remember Lovelady was our C and he went down early to injury), and trusted the talent he saw that didn't play well in '15.

sandjunky
07-30-2023, 01:47 PM

I know, because our fans, school, boosters, you name it accepts mediocrity

It?s that poor ol ms state attitude of ?cant?

From a fandom standpoint, sometimes I kick myself for choosing MSU over LSU to get my degree

Pancho
07-30-2023, 05:15 PM
baseball will be mediocre under lemonis. he's proven 2 years in a row that he's dull and can't get a top portal pitcher to seal the deal. hitting will be fine next season with or without Montgomery. Lemo's job is all under the control of Parker.

Coach34
07-30-2023, 06:14 PM
baseball will be mediocre under lemonis. he's proven 2 years in a row that he's dull and can't get a top portal pitcher to seal the deal. hitting will be fine next season with or without Montgomery. Lemo's job is all under the control of Parker.

It is weird to me that he and staff do a good job of overall recruiting but have been very lackluster in portal recruiting.

State82
07-30-2023, 06:21 PM
It is weird to me that he and staff do a good job of overall recruiting but have been very lackluster in portal recruiting.
I thought about that also. Hard to figure.

Todd4State
07-31-2023, 01:23 AM

Quite frankly- we're way too nice to our coaches.

If LSU has a year like we did in 2022 they'll turn on Jay Johnson VERY quickly.

Todd4State
07-31-2023, 01:28 AM

I think we've done pretty well myself. Who have we lost? Skenes and Holman? I think our pitching situation is part of that in both cases. Skenes because we still had Foxhall and he liked LSU's team better. And Holman because Parker is a little bit of a newer guy and his friend was on their team. And in both cases we got pretty close to landing them. If Parker has a good year there is a good chance we'll get the next big guy next year.

But look at who we have gotten- Dubrule and Simmons for 2021. 2022 we got RJ Yeager and Jess Davis. 2023 we got Ledbetter who became a second round pick, Dohm, Nixon, Larry, and Hujsack.

I do think we could do better but I don't think we've been bad and at least Lemonis typically fills holes in the lineup.

Pancho
07-31-2023, 06:03 AM
like I said, kinda mediocre for a guy who should field a top 15 caliber team annually. Lemo contacted several other portal guys this summer, not just pitchers but came up no dice. I am very interested in Parker though and what immediate improvement he can get from each arm really. I'm wondering if next season might be a situation where we see 3-4 arms each game, regardless of who starts as part of a strategic plan to keep guys fresh and out of trouble.

KOdawg1
07-31-2023, 07:59 AM
Quite frankly- we're way too nice to our coaches.

If LSU has a year like we did in 2022 they'll turn on Jay Johnson VERY quickly.

This is true. LSU fired Orgeron less than two years after they won a national championship. They'd do the same for Jay Johnson if he falls apart.

We weren't willing to do the same to Lemonis.

RockyDog
07-31-2023, 11:43 AM
Omaha 2 out of the last 3 years. National seed two out of the last 3 years and was the number 1 overall seed in 2022. At this moment they are light years ahead of us and it is solely because of Vitello. You can hate him all you want but I would take him in a heartbeat over Lemonis. Also, how about we stop acting like our guys play like choirboys. Hunter Hines flipped off the OM fans two years ago in Oxford, Ethan Small told the CMU dugout to blow him, and Logan Tanner had some very choice words for the OM dugout after the 21 series. And btw, none of that is bad. I love playing with that brash confidence and cockiness.

B-b-b-b-b-but we put 14k in the stands to watch us lose!!! Baseball royalty!!

Tater
07-31-2023, 12:11 PM

Scoob can you already send this rebel packing? Nothing but negativity and hating State stuff in every sport with damn near every post. Pointless to discuss anything with him.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2023, 01:56 PM
This is true. LSU fired Orgeron less than two years after they won a national championship. They'd do the same for Jay Johnson if he falls apart.

Well to me it sounds like "we" were, just the AD wasn't.

As much as I've been arguing with C34 and Todd let's not forget that Todd made a post calling for Polk to be the interim, and C34 called Lemonis "Lemonizick" as a reference to Gene Chizik. These guys were absolutely "willing" to fire Lemo. They're just trying to put a positive spin on next year because they'd rather we be optimistic than pessimistic, which is fair.

All accounts here have a common denominator- our AD didn't want to make the move. So I pin the blame on him

KOdawg1
07-31-2023, 02:54 PM
Well to me it sounds like "we" were, just the AD wasn't.

As much as I've been arguing with C34 and Todd let's not forget that Todd made a post calling for Polk to be the interim, and C34 called Lemonis "Lemonizick" as a reference to Gene Chizik. These guys were absolutely "willing" to fire Lemo. They're just trying to put a positive spin on next year because they'd rather we be optimistic than pessimistic, which is fair.

All accounts here have a common denominator- our AD didn't want to make the move. So I pin the blame on him

That's who I'm referring to when I say "we."

It doesn't matter what I or any other poster on here thinks.

RockyDog
07-31-2023, 03:42 PM
Scoob can you already send this rebel packing? Nothing but negativity and hating State stuff in every sport with damn near every post. Pointless to discuss anything with him.

Because you don?t like the truth you accuse people of being a Rebel. I?m just calling it like I see it, hoss. Most of you don?t care about the facts of the history as Coach and others have pointed out. You just want to say ?we are the best cuz we fill the stands?.

ScoobaDawg
07-31-2023, 04:06 PM

Big difference. LSU has multiple national championships in both of those sports.
We just got our first in any sport. Does that give him a lifetime contract? nope.. and I was close after these past 2 years. But Foxhall is now gone.
We have a ton of talent coming back. It's gonna be a very good year or a repeat.

He earned his chance... hopefully it's not his last.

ScoobaDawg
07-31-2023, 04:08 PM

Really dude? you are asking me to send someone packing because you don't like their opinion?
That's mighty funny considering if I followed that... you would have been loooong gone.

Coach34
07-31-2023, 04:42 PM
He may well be Lemonizik. We’ll see this Spring. We don’t lack talent and we aren’t depending on too many freshmen this go round. No excuses

StarkVegasSteve
07-31-2023, 05:27 PM

Some are finally coming around to the realization that players do not give one iota of a crap about this. It is nice but it is not the end all be all that some make it out to be.

Pancho
07-31-2023, 05:34 PM
Really dude? you are asking me to send someone packing because you don't like their opinion?
That's mighty funny considering if I followed that... you would have been loooong gone.

here go tater just a being tater again

KOdawg1
07-31-2023, 05:39 PM
Some are finally coming around to the realization that players do not give one iota of a crap about this. It is nice but it is not the end all be all that some make it out to be.

Yep, our attendance records, stadium, and fans don't mean one thing to these portal players. They want to get paid, win, and get developed while they do it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2023, 06:50 PM
He may well be Lemonizik. We’ll see this Spring. We don’t lack talent and we aren’t depending on too many freshmen this go round. No excuses

That's the difference in our positions- I think year 4 and 5 being abject failures is enough evidence he is "Lemonizick". You think there needs to be a year 6 to say he sucks.

Earlier this year you agreed with me, that's why you made the nickname

Pancho
07-31-2023, 06:53 PM
If Parker can't get some pf the arms to be SEC arms quick and lower the ERA down to sub 5, it won't matter how many sticks we got

Coach34
07-31-2023, 07:44 PM
That's the difference in our positions- I think year 4 and 5 being abject failures is enough evidence he is "Lemonizick". You think there needs to be a year 6 to say he sucks.

Earlier this year you agreed with me, that's why you made the nickname

I've criticized the guy since we hired him. We left pitchers in too long and other problems the year we won the title. Most of my complaints have been on the pitching side- so I'm willing to see if Fox was indeed the biggest problem. Now I know I will get the usual pushback of "Lemon is the HC- it ultimately falls on him". I get it. But Muscara at Wake handles all the pitching decisions as do other PC's at various schools. That's just how some coaches operate. We'll see if the PC change makes much difference.

The Federalist Engineer
07-31-2023, 11:02 PM

We have another tiresome dude here that I just put on auto block. Don't have to see the nonsense anymore. The ignore is awesome. Check it out.