PDA

View Full Version : New football intro!!

Cowbell
07-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Haha gotcha

But in all seriousness, we need a new intro song and tradition. If you could change it, what would it be? I'm thinking something along the lines of Enter Sandman at VT. We need something that makes a recruit want to suit up right then.

Goldendawg
07-23-2023, 08:46 PM
Stranglehold. My 2023 State grad son and I saw him in Brandon this past Tuesday on his farewell tour (74 years young), and he can still shred. Hail Uncle Ted! Hail State!

CaptainObvious
07-23-2023, 09:08 PM
I could go with Stranglehold

Or- The Unforgiven

Or- Ecstasy of Gold

SteelCurtain74
07-23-2023, 09:09 PM
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica.

Second choice would Hair of the Dog by Nazareth. Nice little cowbell at the beginning of that one.

Tater
07-23-2023, 09:12 PM
Haha gotcha

But in all seriousness, we need a new intro song and tradition. If you could change it, what would it be? I'm thinking something along the lines of Enter Sandman at VT. We need something that makes a recruit want to suit up right then.

Just make the intro bell ringing longer and encourage cowbells to be rung along to FWTBT. By longer I'm thinking 10 rings with a countdown that ends with us running out the tunnel the guitar riff comes in. It needs somewhere from 30-60 seconds of build up.

Tater
07-23-2023, 09:15 PM
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica.

Second choice would Hair of the Dog by Nazareth. Nice little cowbell at the beginning of that one.

FWTBT is what we've been running out to for years. It needs a little tweaking cause we don't do the timing right.

CaptainObvious
07-23-2023, 09:44 PM
Or - Hell?s Bells. But we need a giant cowbell in the end zone elevated so that someone can ring it with a rope so as to preview the start of the song before the first bell comes over the loudspeakers. Each home game an honorary Captain from a past team gets to Start the Ring

Gong??-Gong???Gong??-then intro over the speakers!

I guess the Giant cowbell will sound more like Dong! then gong.

Cowbell
07-23-2023, 10:58 PM
Or - Hell?s Bells. But we need a giant cowbell in the end zone elevated so that someone can ring it with a rope so as to preview the start of the song before the first bell comes over the loudspeakers. Each home game an honorary Captain from a past team gets to Start the Ring

Gong??-Gong???Gong??-then intro over the speakers!

I guess the Giant cowbell will sound more like Dong! then gong.

I've thought about this. Those first bells of the song would legit get DWS rockin

starkvegasdawg
07-23-2023, 11:18 PM
The Game - Mot?rhead.

The lyrics in that song are as close to perfect as you can get. That song with hard hitting defensive highlights on the Jumbotrons.

SpaceBully
07-24-2023, 06:38 AM
Haha gotcha

If we could only find something like what Memphis found when they adopted "Eye of the Tiger". Regardless whatever you think of U. of Memphis, when they play that song, it gives me goosebumps on my arms and sends chills down my spine. Probably, the best thing they ever did. When their band really gets into that song, it feels intimidating whether they are or not. Maybe if we did a comprehensive search, we could find one that fits the "Bulldog" theme.....tough/vicious! Raring to chew somebody's arse up!!

BulldogDX55
07-24-2023, 10:22 AM
Stranglehold. My 2023 State grad son and I saw him in Brandon this past Tuesday on his farewell tour (74 years young), and he can still shred. Hail Uncle Ted! Hail State!

I could go with Stranglehold

Or- The Unforgiven

Or- Ecstasy of Gold

IDK about y'all, but I prefer that the artists who perform my football team's intro to not be pedos who shit themselves to dodge the draft, and then in their more recent days start getting really performatively concerned about pedos and absolute patriotism.

Feels kinda weird no matter how good the song is, and it's a banger.

Tater
07-24-2023, 11:49 AM
IDK about y'all, but I prefer that the artists who perform my football team's intro to not be pedos who shit themselves to dodge the draft, and then in their more recent days start getting really performatively concerned about pedos and absolute patriotism.

Feels kinda weird no matter how good the song is, and it's a banger.

You're not wrong, but you're gonna open up a whole can of whataboutism in this thread that ain't worth it. People who still go support him in concert just choose to be willfully ignorant of his issues.

I've stopped listening to Kanye West this year for similar reasons. Can no longer separate the art from the artist on some guys. Otherwise running out to BLKKK SKKKNHEAD or Blood on the Leaves would be my choices. Both have excellent beats that the generation that is playing love and would thoroughly be hyped for running out to.

Prentis
07-24-2023, 04:55 PM
Christian Poulet, Jean-Yevs Rigo "INVASION". This instrumental is amazing. Makes me want to run through a wall.

msu15
07-24-2023, 04:57 PM
Party in the USA

Mjoelner34
07-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Hair of the Dog turned to 11 with the Memphis BBQ burger ad showing on the jumbotron. If people are going to get upset over song lyrics, let's give them a little visual to rile them up too. Remember when we did play this commercial on the jumbotron? Once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liRiFN31llI

Captain Falcon
07-24-2023, 07:29 PM
FWTBT is what we've been running out to for years. It needs a little tweaking cause we don't do the timing right.

I seem to remember it being really cool in Moorhead?s first year with the door slowly raising, but like you said the timing has not been right with it in years.

I will be honest, I know it was a weird fit for us but I thought Shipping Up to Boston was a great intro song when we started doing it in the Mullen era, particularly 2014 and 2015.