PDA

View Full Version : I guess I missed Kellum Clark signing

basedog
07-21-2023, 06:51 AM
20th round to NY Mets. I wish the best for him. I think he was a little under rated by some on ED, can't blame him for living his dream.

RockyDog
07-21-2023, 10:15 AM
He?s a below average hitter with some pop. So he will be a perfect fit for the Mets.

mparkerfd20
07-21-2023, 10:28 AM
I don't think he was underrated at all. He never really lived up to his full potential in my opinion. I think we can upgrade his position without a whole lot of trouble.

Coach34
07-21-2023, 10:37 AM
If we do indeed close on Montgomery- we will have upgraded

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-21-2023, 01:08 PM
He definitely never reached his potential... but he had the highest average incoherence play on out team, and had some pop.

If that's "below average" or "easily replaceable", then what are Hines or Jordan who hit worse vs SEC opponents?

We can't downplay Clarks loss and also say we'll have a good lineup next year. Those views are incompatible.

Coach34
07-21-2023, 02:12 PM
We played 60 games. Only half of those are conference games. OOC matters also

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-21-2023, 02:51 PM
We played 60 games. Only half of those are conference games. OOC matters also

Sigh. Fine I'll look up the season long stats:

He was 3rd on the team in total BA (.299) behind Ledbetter (who we also have to replace) and Jordan. Was 4th in slugging (Hines, Led, Jordan in that order) and 5th in OBP (Led, Larry, Hancock, Jordan, in that order)

So yeah, if we want to bash our AT WORST 4th best hitter, arguably 3rd best hitter, then we should really question the quality of the guys we have coming back

basedog
07-21-2023, 04:10 PM
Decent outfielder, he was a two year starter, plus what he did in CWS was awesome. Like I said, wish him the best at the next level, I didn't post for folks to bash him, he had a decent career at Msu. I know his Dad from a long time ago, good guy.

trob115
07-21-2023, 05:53 PM
We don't beat Virginia without him in the cws. I'll always be appreciative of him for that!

The Federalist Engineer
07-21-2023, 07:59 PM
KC hit 330 with 6HR and 17 RBI with 425 OBP in the SEC.

Montgomery hit 289 and 7HR and 30 RBI with 401 OBP in PAC

Maybe should have hit KC lead off

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-21-2023, 08:18 PM
KC hit 330 with 6HR and 17 RBI with 425 OBP in the SEC.

Montgomery hit 289 and 7HR and 30 RBI with 401 OBP in PAC

Maybe should have hit KC lead off

Thank you for the stats- I just assumed Montgomery did better than Clark and had no idea we may actually be downgrading there... IF we even get Montgomery. And unless Hujesak is able to be the best hitter on the team (ie replace Ledbetter) then we're downgrading hard there.

The Federalist Engineer
07-21-2023, 09:00 PM
Thank you for the stats- I just assumed Montgomery did better than Clark and had no idea we may actually be downgrading there... IF we even get Montgomery. And unless Hujesak is able to be the best hitter on the team (ie replace Ledbetter) then we're downgrading hard there.

I'm not dogging Montgomery. I'm just letting haters know that Kellum was a good player. Not super clutch in 2023, but the kid was productive.

Compare Kellum in the SEC to the mighty midget at Alabama that hit 25 HRs. But SEC only. Bama was playing Tajikistan State in the early going.

Compare Holman to Cade in the SEC. Will be surprising.

SpaceBully
07-24-2023, 06:46 AM
I don't think he was underrated at all. He never really lived up to his full potential in my opinion. I think we can upgrade his position without a whole lot of trouble.

Yeah, this is the way I felt. Disappointed for him and us. Really wished Lemonis would have been man enough to bring Will Clark in for some hitting sessions. He would have done it for free probably and made a world of difference especially for our LH hitters. If he was assisting the Cardinals in the hitting dept., I'm sure he could have helped us as well.

Schultzy
07-24-2023, 05:26 PM
That homer broke up a no no and won us the Natty.