PDA

View Full Version : Arnett = Young Saban

preachermatt83
07-19-2023, 09:56 PM
Just listening to him and the way he handles himself. Even some of the words he says. Arnett just reminds me of a young Saban big time. Change my mind.

Cooterpoot
07-19-2023, 10:02 PM
Let's not get carried away

MaroonFlounder
07-19-2023, 10:04 PM
Aight

Dawgology
07-19-2023, 10:10 PM
Unbelievably i agree. I’m not saying he will be as successful but go back and watch some of Saban’s early interviews. Same defensive background, same attitude, same initial approach to coaching, etc. and he gets players to 100% buy in

Turfdawg67
07-19-2023, 10:16 PM
LOL! He's a 'not impressive' 1-0. Let's take this down a few hundred notches.

mparkerfd20
07-19-2023, 10:54 PM
Personality wise I 100% agree after meeting him and talking with him in person for a while. Hopefully it translate to even a modicum of the on the field success Saban has had.

confucius say
07-20-2023, 07:36 AM
Personality wise I 100% agree after meeting him and talking with him in person for a while. Hopefully it translate to even a modicum of the on the field success Saban has had.

Saban was a 7-4 coach at Michigan state before getting the lsu and Bama jobs.
So arnett being a 7-5/8-4 coach here would be comparable

EdwardDrayton
07-20-2023, 08:58 AM
Well don't think I'll go all in with my vCash just yet.

TrapGame
07-20-2023, 09:02 AM
Hold up Preach. Let's let him coach a few more games.

msu15
07-20-2023, 10:04 AM
Homie he's coached one game lol.

preachermatt83
07-20-2023, 10:04 AM
Unbelievably i agree. I’m not saying he will be as successful but go back and watch some of Saban’s early interviews. Same defensive background, same attitude, same initial approach to coaching, etc. and he gets players to 100% buy in

Exactly. This is the point I was attempting to make. I am in no way saying he’s gonna be some amazing coach. I honestly don’t know. But I like the way he’s doing things and yes, he reminds me of a young Nick Saban

TrapGame
07-20-2023, 10:38 AM
Exactly. This is the point I was attempting to make. I am in no way saying he’s gonna be some amazing coach. I honestly don’t know. But I like the way he’s doing things and yes, he reminds me of a young Nick Saban

He's got some fire in the belly. He reminds me of Mullen his first couple of years or early Jackie. If he can be a consistent 8-4/9-3 coach in this league we'd have ourselves a real winner.

Dawgology
07-20-2023, 10:41 AM
I don’t see anyone saying he’s as successful as Saban (clearly…he’s coached one game) or that he ever will be (although i hope he will) but his personality and background is comparable.

PGHBulldogBG
07-20-2023, 11:25 AM
He's got some fire in the belly. He reminds me of Mullen his first couple of years or early Jackie. If he can be a consistent 8-4/9-3 coach in this league we'd have ourselves a real winner.

If Arnett goes 8-4 this year he deserves coach of the year. That pretty much guarantees he wins all non conference, Ole Miss, UK and 2 between @ark, @atm, @aub and @usce. Considering what all has transpired since December, that would be an A+ coaching job in year 1

TrapGame
07-20-2023, 11:26 AM
If Arnett goes 8-4 this year he deserves coach of the year. That pretty much guarantees he wins all non conference, Ole Miss, UK and 2 between @ark, @atm, @aub and @usce. Considering what all has transpired since December, that would be an A+ coaching job in year 1

And it's very possible.

R2Dawg
07-20-2023, 11:39 AM
Unbelievably i agree. I?m not saying he will be as successful but go back and watch some of Saban?s early interviews. Same defensive background, same attitude, same initial approach to coaching, etc. and he gets players to 100% buy in

From his approach and all this, I agree. Can't help but be a little excited. Now, no one is saying he will get Bama results. Saban didn't at Mich St. or Miami either.

CZA mindset fits MSU like a glove though and that is how MSU will prosper. Sit back and watch this grown. I feel pretty good about both OC and DC too. Give them a few years - although I know most of us expect big things this year.

Coach34
07-20-2023, 12:07 PM
Saban was a 7-4 coach at Michigan state before getting the lsu and Bama jobs.
So arnett being a 7-5/8-4 coach here would be comparable

This

bigbub50
07-20-2023, 12:27 PM
Like prior posters commented it took Saban a few years at Michigan state to have one big year and Saban first season at bama was not great.

Arnette does need to take advantage of the experience coming back this year, because next year he will have a lot of hats to replace on the o line and defensive front 7.

I am nervous about having a first time sec o coordinator, d coordinator, and head coach. That usually doesn?t breed success but the experienced players will help a lot.

TUSK
07-20-2023, 01:25 PM
No friggin way Coach Arnett is even in the same galaxy as Saban in the "whiney beeotch" department...*

TrapGame
07-20-2023, 01:28 PM
No friggin way Coach Arnett is even in the same galaxy as Saban in the "whiney beeotch" department...*

At least Arnett's taller.***