PDA

View Full Version : MLB Draft

raymonddawg
07-11-2023, 03:18 PM
We are nearly through 17 rounds of the 20 round draft and MSU has had only 2 players and 2 signees drafted. I've literally seen 2 home schooled high school players drafted over our juniors.

Is our incoming class actually highly regarded and we are just scaring teams away from drafting these guys or do pro teams not see value in our signees/juniors?

MetEdDawg
07-11-2023, 05:45 PM
Clark goes towards the end of the 20th round. Larry, Nixon, and Hunt go undrafted.

Anyone have any insight on how many of those come back? If I had to rank them I would go Nixon, Larry, Clark, Hunt. Clark would switch with Hunt if we got Montgomery.

The Federalist Engineer
07-11-2023, 10:43 PM
So we get Larry and Nixon for another season? Huge

TNDawg35
07-11-2023, 11:01 PM
So we get Larry and Nixon for another season? Huge

Our line up could be STOUT next year if we can get Montgomery in the boat.

Mershaun/Larry 2B
Jordan CF
Montgomery RF
Hines 1B
Kohler 3B
Highfill C
Chance LF
Cupp SS
Mershaun/Larry 2B

Now need to get ATLEAST 1 big arm in the portal and let Jackson do his thing with the talent we have. IF he can get Hunt to take a step, we are pretty dang good.

KOdawg1
07-11-2023, 11:05 PM
The draft went about as well for us as it could have. We'll get Larry and Nixon back. We were one round away from keeping Clark, even though I guess he could've signed a FA deal. That wouldn't have surprised me.

Got Grant and Cupp to school, which is great.

Got some options next year in the MIF. It'll basically be Mershon, Cupp, and Larry battling it out for those two spots. We'll see how it shakes out.

We just need a top level arm and Braden Montgomery and we're so back

The Federalist Engineer
07-11-2023, 11:18 PM
The draft went about as well for us as it could have. We'll get Larry and Nixon back. We were one round away from keeping Clark, even though I guess he could've signed a FA deal. That wouldn't have surprised me.

Got Grant and Cupp to school, which is great.

Got some options next year in the MIF. It'll basically be Mershon, Cupp, and Larry battling it out for those two spots. We'll see how it shakes out.

We just need a top level arm and Braden Montgomery and we're so back

Only thing about the draft...is go look at Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama recruiting classes ... MSU is not really getting ahead ... MSU is only keeping up.

Plus that Damn Fox ruined damn-near 3 recruiting classes of pitchers. Have no senior or junior High-School recruits that will help in 2024, except maybe Pico.

Coach34
07-12-2023, 12:38 AM
Only thing about the draft...is go look at Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama recruiting classes ... MSU is not really getting ahead ... MSU is only keeping up.

Plus that Damn Fox ruined damn-near 3 recruiting classes of pitchers. Have no senior or junior High-School recruits that will help in 2024, except maybe Pico.

We have 2 Sr's in Simmons and Auger

The Federalist Engineer
07-12-2023, 12:52 AM
We have 2 Sr's in Simmons and Auger

They were transfer players (Furman and a JC respectively) and also only around due to injury.

AlSwearengen
07-12-2023, 06:35 AM
I saw one of the baseball twitter guys, Shooter Hunt, list his top 10 players to make it to campus and Cupp was in the top 10.

Coach34
07-12-2023, 10:11 AM
They were transfer players (Furman and a JC respectively) and also only around due to injury.

in Today's college baseball- few Freshmen will stay at 1 school these days