PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott??..

Littleman
07-11-2023, 02:20 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cowboys-dak-prescott-entering-eighth-nfl-season-sense-urgency

SpaceBully
07-11-2023, 02:38 AM
Probably about time for Dallas to start looking for Dak's replacement. If they get a chance to draft a pretty good QB in the next year or two, they may want to take it. Dak has some good years left, but he's on the down slope of his playing career now.

viverlibre
07-11-2023, 06:58 AM
Dak has some good years left, but he's on the down slope of his playing career now.

WTF?

Pancho
07-11-2023, 08:13 AM
He may play til he's 43 as Brady did. Jerry Jones is more to blame than Dak for the playoff issues with the team.

BeardoMSU
07-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Jerry Jones is more to blame than Dak for the playoff issues with the team.

This.

BeardoMSU
07-11-2023, 09:00 AM
Probably about time for Dallas to start looking for Dak's replacement. If they get a chance to draft a pretty good QB in the next year or two, they may want to take it. Dak has some good years left, but he's on the down slope of his playing career now.

https://i.gifer.com/5jz.gif

RockyDog
07-11-2023, 09:31 AM
He?s a victim of playing for a team with a lunatic fringe and very vocal segment of the fan base. Breesus Christ didn?t win until his 9th season when it came out of nowhere and you weren?t reading shit in NOLA about any sense of urgency.

Btw, he played 11 more seasons after. Dak is nowhere near done.

Coach34
07-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Saw a graphic just yesterday- 7 seasons:

Dak- 2185 completions, 24,943 yards, 168 TD's, 65 picks

Brees- 1,921 completions, 21,189 yards, 134 TD's, 99 picks
Big Ben- 1, 776 completions, 22,189 yards, 144 TD's, 86 picks
Brady- 2,293 completions, 23,364 yards, 197 TD's, 86 picks

Hell yeah it's about the team he is on much more than Dak's performance

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-11-2023, 12:11 PM

Yeah Dak gets all kinds of statistically untrue hate. Like there's still this narrative that he's got a great OL when that hasn't been true in years, or that the Cowboys always have good weapons to throw too even though they had to trade for Amari one year, and last year they had nobody after Lamb. Or how it's "Zekes offense Dak is just along for the ride" even though that wasn't true since 2017. There's now the narrative that he's turnover prone due to last year, but all the advanced stats show he just got really unlucky with his guys dropping passes and the defense not missing those tips and we have all his other years to show he takes care of the ball.

The fact is Dak will be top 10 in every advanced stat, will be regarded by the players in the league as a top 5 leader, and will win a lot of games. Is he perfect? No. Is he literally the best QB in the league? No. But he's genuinely very good by literally any stat you want to use.

WeDemBoyz
07-11-2023, 12:26 PM
I dont need an internet stat to know that Dak is a winner.

Homedawg
07-11-2023, 12:33 PM

The way his contract is, back end heavy on the cap hit, they have no choice but to extend him. He had some down last year but down slope?? Not there yet.

State82
07-11-2023, 12:51 PM
The fact is Dak will be top 10 in every advanced stat, will be regarded by the players in the league as a top 5 leader, and will win a lot of games. Is he perfect? No. Is he literally the best QB in the league? No. But he's genuinely very good by literally any stat you want to use.

Very true and concise description of Dak.

Lord McBuckethead
07-11-2023, 01:23 PM

But all those guys won when it mattered, the playoffs. Dak has to be able to string together a few NFC championship games before anyone needs to say, Dallas is good with their QB.
That is a fact. Win or continue to hear it.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-11-2023, 02:02 PM
That Green Bay playoff loss definitely wasn?t on Dak. Plus he has had 2 dipshits for coaches.

viverlibre
07-11-2023, 03:29 PM
he has had 2 dipshits for coaches.

Huge issue here.

parabrave
07-11-2023, 06:40 PM
Yeah Dak gets all kinds of statistically untrue hate. Like there's still this narrative that he's got a great OL when that hasn't been true in years, or that the Cowboys always have good weapons to throw too even though they had to trade for Amari one year, and last year they had nobody after Lamb. Or how it's "Zekes offense Dak is just along for the ride" even though that wasn't true since 2017. There's now the narrative that he's turnover prone due to last year, but all the advanced stats show he just got really unlucky with his guys dropping passes and the defense not missing those tips and we have all his other years to show he takes care of the ball.

Dak hasn't had a great TE or great WR talent around him. I wish he had Bryant when he was in his prime or Whitten when he was in his Prime. The boys don't have a "Big" receiver who can muscle their way to get open.

EdwardDrayton
07-11-2023, 07:56 PM
I'm glad Dak finally got paid. But I dream that one day he will be free of the Jones family. Then some team will build a winner around him.

Joebob
07-11-2023, 08:01 PM
I love Dak as much as anybody, but he's got to find a way to step up and play his best when the team needs him the most (i.e., playoffs). So far he hasn't quite been able to do that, but he's been close enough that I still think he can get it done with the right team and coaching staff around him. But he can't be throwing the kind of interceptions he did last year, even if his receivers are running the wrong routes, which they frequently do. He's still the one making the decision to throw the ball. Having said that, it took John Elway until late in his career to win a Super Bowl, and then he won two. I still think Dak can get it done.

EdwardDrayton
07-11-2023, 08:09 PM
You mean Dak has to find a way to step up and compensate for the ineptitude of the Jones family. No other QB is expected to win it without an equally talented cast around them.

viverlibre
07-11-2023, 08:31 PM
Dak hasn't had a great TE or great WR talent around him. I wish he had Bryant when he was in his prime or Whitten when he was in his Prime. The boys don't have a "Big" receiver who can muscle their way to get open.

At the end of his career, Whitten was nothing but catch a pass and fall down.

DownwardDawg
07-11-2023, 08:40 PM
I so badly want Dak to go to another team. At least he'll have a chance to win a Super Bowl somewhere else.

EdwardDrayton
07-11-2023, 08:44 PM
I so badly want Dak to go to another team. At least he'll have a chance to win a Super Bowl somewhere else.

^^^^^^^

Cowbell
07-11-2023, 08:51 PM
I love Dak as much as anybody, but he's got to find a way to step up and play his best when the team needs him the most (i.e., playoffs). So far he hasn't quite been able to do that, but he's been close enough that I still think he can get it done with the right team and coaching staff around him. But he can't be throwing the kind of interceptions he did last year, even if his receivers are running the wrong routes, which they frequently do. He's still the one making the decision to throw the ball. Having said that, it took John Elway until late in his career to win a Super Bowl, and then he won two. I still think Dak can get it done.

How can a QB be blamed for throwing the ball to a spot and it gets picked because his WR ran the wrong route and was not in that spot. The NFL is a game of inches. Dak made some poor decisions and poor throws as every qb does but the increase last year over his norm was on the receivers and the predictable play calling of Kellen Moore. That team overachieved based on the talent they went into the season with, but everyone forgets that when suddenly Dak has them as the best offense in the league. Look at all the WRs who have left for bigger contracts after peaking their stats while playing with Dak.
Cooper
Schultz
Cedric Wilson
Beasley

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-12-2023, 06:55 AM
How can a QB be blamed for throwing the ball to a spot and it gets picked because his WR ran the wrong route and was not in that spot. The NFL is a game of inches. Dak made some poor decisions and poor throws as every qb does but the increase last year over his norm was on the receivers and the predictable play calling of Kellen Moore. That team overachieved based on the talent they went into the season with, but everyone forgets that when suddenly Dak has them as the best offense in the league. Look at all the WRs who have left for bigger contracts after peaking their stats while playing with Dak.
Cooper
Schultz
Cedric Wilson
Beasley

Cooper

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-12-2023, 07:14 AM

Yeah that ownership can't get out of its own way. So impatient too. I remember the Cooper trade... a 1st for a WR that's only got 2 years of his rookie contract left, so that your "were going to miss the playoffs" team can become a "were going to barely make the playoffs" team that season? So short sighted. Rookie contracts for 1st rounders are the best value in football and they have away 2.5 years of it for like 2 more total wins on an already lost season.

Captain Falcon
07-12-2023, 08:46 AM
The other problem they have now is that division has started to get really good. Eagles have maybe the best roster in football, Giants won a playoff game last year, Commanders have stockpiled a lot of young talent in recent years.

Dak has had a strong career. I know he would like to go on a deep postseason run but there is more to that than just him.

RockyDog
07-12-2023, 09:12 AM
But all those guys won when it mattered, the playoffs. Dak has to be able to string together a few NFC championship games before anyone needs to say, Dallas is good with their QB.
That is a fact. Win or continue to hear it.

Not all of them did. In Breesus's first 8 years he made the playoffs TWICE. Lost in the wildcard with the Chargers, and went 1-1 with a loss to the Bears with the Aints.