PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else watching what's happening?

Cowbell
07-09-2023, 08:53 PM
That's all ima say.... what is going on

BeardoMSU
07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
The Rapture?**

Cowbell
07-09-2023, 09:08 PM
The Rapture?**

Fortunately I won't be around to post for that

Cowbell
07-09-2023, 09:10 PM
Houck slipped to 35th in the draft. For a minute there it seemed like there might be a chance

DEDawg
07-09-2023, 09:17 PM
Houck slipped to 35th in the draft. For a minute there it seemed like there might be a chance

I don?t know what slot value is there but wonder if we match half if we have a shot

EdwardDrayton
07-09-2023, 09:17 PM
The Life of a Mississippi State Fan: Dashed Dreams and Broken Things

BrunswickDawg
07-09-2023, 09:20 PM

The upside is that it was the Mets - they can f up any situation. So, at least we've got that going for us....

EdwardDrayton
07-09-2023, 09:21 PM
For something fun the Egg Bowl is airing again right now

Coach34
07-09-2023, 09:25 PM
I don?t know what slot value is there but wonder if we match half if we have a shot

haha- c'mon dude...his slot value is 2.6MM

Cowbell
07-09-2023, 09:32 PM
The upside is that it was the Mets - they can f up any situation. So, at least we've got that going for us....

That is fact

The Federalist Engineer
07-09-2023, 10:57 PM

They messed up the Kumar Rocker draft. Sure did.

MetEdDawg
07-10-2023, 06:31 AM
Houck's slot is 2.6 million.

On the one hand, I think Houck probably expected to go much earlier and get a higher slot value. On the other hand, he seemingly is gone to the pros no matter what. I'll be interested to see how the negotiations on this turn out and whether or not Houck asks them to go higher than 2.6 because right now at slot, he's taking up 30% of their pool money.

They drafted Sproat from Florida in the 2nd round and his slot is $1.7. I don't see him going back to Florida so they can probably get him under slot to save and draft a bunch of seniors or high school players that won't come to save money.

Mets drafted Jett Williams in the 1st last year so it's shocking they went high school SS in the 1st round 2 years in a row. That organization is in some serious trouble.

BoomBoom
07-10-2023, 10:32 AM
Houck's slot is 2.6 million.

On the one hand, I think Houck probably expected to go much earlier and get a higher slot value. On the other hand, he seemingly is gone to the pros no matter what. I'll be interested to see how the negotiations on this turn out and whether or not Houck asks them to go higher than 2.6 because right now at slot, he's taking up 30% of their pool money.

They drafted Sproat from Florida in the 2nd round and his slot is $1.7. I don't see him going back to Florida so they can probably get him under slot to save and draft a bunch of seniors or high school players that won't come to save money.

Mets drafted Jett Williams in the 1st last year so it's shocking they went high school SS in the 1st round 2 years in a row. That organization is in some serious trouble.

Almost always all of that is worked out before the team makes the selection. If they aren't in agreement on how much he will sign for, they pick someone else. But as said, if any team can screw that up, it's the Mets.