PDA

View Full Version : The BearSharks keep saying...

Coach34
12-01-2013, 01:19 PM
"well you guys have to keep Mullen now" like this is some kind of punishment or something.

Mullen has finished ahead of Ole Miss 4 straight years in the SEC
Mullen has beaten Ole Miss 4 of 5
Mullen has his best team since 2010 on tap for 2014.

These people have seriously lost it. Losing this year really has them out of it. They dont know what to do or what to say

BeastMan
12-01-2013, 01:32 PM
The thing I never understood about that argument is that Mullen has gone to 4 straight bowls. I'll keep that. Would they prefer MSU going back to the Croom era and going 3-9 and getting skull drug in all the SEC games?

That is an idiotic argument.

cheewgumm
12-01-2013, 01:34 PM
They will be calling for Freeze's head after next year. Especially if Mullen beats them again

Dawgfan77
12-01-2013, 01:37 PM
I have never seen a fan base want their rival to keep there head coach as much as OM wants us to keep Mullen. Mullen owns them 4-1 yet they act like they are glad we keep him. They are the most delusional fan base in America

Coach34
12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Hard to believe they cant figure out how stupid it sounds when they say it

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 01:46 PM
It all goes back to their obsession with recruiting. Dan's not going to do the BS that they do with Flipmas, and etc. Therefore, they get to win the recruiting party every year.

That's fine with me as long as we keep winning the Egg Bowl party every year.

Now, if Dan starts to get some of their guys to flip and do some of the same garbage that they do with recruits and keep winning the Golden Egg- they're going to really flip their lid. See Jackie in 2001.

Pollodawg
12-01-2013, 02:00 PM
The bottom line is fear. This reeks of 2009-2011 all over again for them. OM--no matter if they won't admit it--is terrified that State is about to go on another 3-4 game run.

ckDOG
12-01-2013, 02:09 PM
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

The Dunning-Kruger effect, named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs when incompetent people not only perform a task poorly or incompetently, but lack the competence to realize their own incompetence at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. Put more crudely, they're too stupid to realize they're stupid.

HoopsDawg
12-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I have never seen a fan base want their rival to keep there head coach as much as OM wants us to keep Mullen. Mullen owns them 4-1 yet they act like they are glad we keep him. They are the most delusional fan base in America

Mullen doesn't scare them as a recruiter.

2015 could be a big year in recruiting for us. We already have commitments from 2 4 star players, 1 a DT and 1 a LB. Then we lead for another 4 star DT + another 4 star LB. We also have a commitment from Donald Gray who will be a more than adequate replacement for Jameon.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2013, 02:12 PM
The thing I never understood about that argument is that Mullen has gone to 4 straight bowls. I'll keep that. Would they prefer MSU going back to the Croom era and going 3-9 and getting skull drug in all the SEC games?

That is an idiotic argument.

It really is a moronic statement. It goes back to them thinking that they are better than us regardless of what records, or field results say. So in their minds they think "we're better than them so I hope they keep Mullen", but they're missing the fact that they aren't better than us, and that is all just a false mindset they have created. That's why it will hit them so hard if they have another similar year next season and lose to us again. You can only deny it so long before reality slaps you in the face.

It's like getting your ass stomped by the neighborhood bully once a week, and then seeing a moving truck pull through the neighborhood and saying, "I hope that truck isn't going to the bully's house!". It's so dumb that it makes me a little embarrassed for them. (But not really)

thunderclap
12-01-2013, 02:39 PM
+1

BulldogBear
12-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Oh Cadaver to some the slap in the face surely hurt the hand of reality more than their face! It must be so because it couldn't possibly be otherwise. Ole Miss is like the kid who goes undefeated on NCAA basketball video game but did so by restarting any game about to final as a loss. Then thumps his chest genuinely believing he's accomplished something. They have already decided the outcome before even beginning. With Bear-nation they are better than MSU in all things athletic and not athletic and it's "just because" they are. In real sports you can't hit reset so when the outcome isn't what they want they just deny it happened and/or sometimes even deny they cared and/or even wanted the desired outcome. It's not like the rest of us finding a silver lining in adversity. It's denying a silver lining is needed. Or they make themselves out a victim somehow.

Sacrifice
12-01-2013, 03:26 PM
I'd hate to know I was stuck with that P.O.S coach they have. I thought Freeze was full of shit from day one but when he threw Bo Wallace under the bus after the egg bowl and then issued a public apology later I lost all respect for the man. Yes Bo got his ASS beat like he stole something Thursday night but you don't call out one of your players like that after a loss. I've been critical of Mullen In the past but I've never seen him do anything like that...

Political Hack
12-01-2013, 04:16 PM

they may not have high IQs, but they've never lost a party.

maroonmania
12-01-2013, 04:52 PM
It all goes back to their obsession with recruiting. Dan's not going to do the BS that they do with Flipmas, and etc. Therefore, they get to win the recruiting party every year.

That's fine with me as long as we keep winning the Egg Bowl party every year.

Now, if Dan starts to get some of their guys to flip and do some of the same garbage that they do with recruits and keep winning the Golden Egg- they're going to really flip their lid. See Jackie in 2001.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. They feel like with Freeze and the Rebel "network" competing with Mullen (who granted has his issues on the recruiting front) and well, Bracky, they will keep a talent advantage over us and as you say, I've never seen a fanbase so obsessed with recruiting and recruiting rankings. No doubt their classes with Freeze will likely stay higher ranked over what we can pull in with Mullen and Hevesy leading the way but I have no idea how that is going to translate to on field performance. As Mizzou is showing there is more to a football team than recruiting rankings.

Martianlander
12-01-2013, 05:08 PM

The Dunning-Kruger effect, named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs when incompetent people not only perform a task poorly or incompetently, but lack the competence to realize their own incompetence at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. Put more crudely, they're too stupid to realize they're stupid.

Excellent post and the great thing is if any tsun people read it, they won't understand it.

Dawgfan77
12-01-2013, 05:10 PM
OM desires to be considered in the upper eschelon of the SEC when no one else really considers them there. We desire as well but we are willing to try and build it and sustain it They as a fan base think the way to do is go get the top players by buying them. while that's true to an extent you still have to develop that talent. You can't keep throwing money at recruits and not develop them. Once you pay them, they own you This is why we shouldn't fear them they will eventually eat there own and blow up

CadaverDawg
12-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. They feel like with Freeze and the Rebel "network" competing with Mullen (who granted has his issues on the recruiting front) and well, Bracky, they will keep a talent advantage over us and as you say, I've never seen a fanbase so obsessed with recruiting and recruiting rankings. No doubt their classes with Freeze will likely stay higher ranked over what we can pull in with Mullen and Hevesy leading the way but I have no idea how that is going to translate to on field performance. As Mizzou is showing there is more to a football team than recruiting rankings.

Yep. And I must admit, I have never been real big on the "we need Mississippi State guys", and "having good development can be as big or bigger than recruiting stars"....but I'm starting to become a believer. When you see interviews with guys like Robinson, Market, Calhoun, McKinney, DeRunnya, etc... You can easily see what it means to be a "MSU guy". And then when you see the attitude of guys like Chris Jones, you can just tell that we are going after good players that are even better teammates and team players. There is not much selfishness on our team, even from the high star guys...and that is great and unusual.

When you can get a good mixture of a few stars, and a few outstanding role players in every unit on the field...you can win and win big. In fact, sometimes that is much easier to coach than a team full of guys that have always been "the guy" everywhere they've been.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying "stars don't matter". I'm simply saying that if you aren't recruiting at a top 10 level every year, you can still win big if you combine the studs you ARE getting with the high effort, hard working, great teammate high 3 star guys that we get every year. I'm just starting to believe in our recruiting strategy. You look at our secondary and although many think we aren't recruiting that great...we have 3 guys that were 4 star or better returning next year in Redmond, Arrington, Cox..and then a bunch of scrappy high 3 star guys like Love, Jiles, Market, Calhoun, Hughes, Antoine, et, etc, etc. And that is just one unit. Our recruiting classes have been frustrating at times, but they are proving to be pretty effective when combined with some great development of lower rated guys. It's crazy.

messageboardsuperhero
12-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Yep. And I must admit, I have never been real big on the "we need Mississippi State guys", and "having good development can be as big or bigger than recruiting stars"....but I'm starting to become a believer. When you see interviews with guys like Robinson, Market, Calhoun, McKinney, DeRunnya, etc... You can easily see what it means to be a "MSU guy". And then when you see the attitude of guys like Chris Jones, you can just tell that we are going after good players that are even better teammates and team players. There is not much selfishness on our team, even from the high star guys...and that is great and unusual.

When you can get a good mixture of a few stars, and a few outstanding role players in every unit on the field...you can win and win big. In fact, sometimes that is much easier to coach than a team full of guys that have always been "the guy" everywhere they've been.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying "stars don't matter". I'm simply saying that if you aren't recruiting at a top 10 level every year, you can still win big if you combine the studs you ARE getting with the high effort, hard working, great teammate high 3 star guys that we get every year. I'm just starting to believe in our recruiting strategy. You look at our secondary and although many think we aren't recruiting that great...we have 3 guys that were 4 star or better returning next year in Redmond, Arrington, Cox..and then a bunch of scrappy high 3 star guys like Love, Jiles, Market, Calhoun, Hughes, Antoine, et, etc, etc. And that is just one unit. Our recruiting classes have been frustrating at times, but they are proving to be pretty effective when combined with some great development of lower rated guys. It's crazy.

Very true, and recruiting works like this in every sport.

blacklistedbully
12-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Wow, that describes them perfectly! In particular it describes a few of their posters I encounter on Rivals. I am defintely planning to use this. TY!!

Political Hack
12-01-2013, 06:30 PM

we have a prominent message board poster on another site that suffers greatly from this. These type of people are incredibly dangerous.

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 07:10 PM

I agree. We need a good combination of 4-5 star guys like Chris Jones, great athletes like McKinney, and then blue collar guys like Market.

This may sound crazy, but I think some of the MSU web sites grossly undervalue some of our recruits. I'm not sure if they are being too "objective" or if they do it intentionally.

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 07:11 PM
we have a prominent message board poster on another site that suffers greatly from this. These type of people are incredibly dangerous.

I seen what you are talking about way too many times. LOL.

Coach34
12-01-2013, 07:18 PM

I seen that also about 7 times

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I'll say it like I said in Armchair QB: The Bearz are trying to deny the harsh reality that "Little Brother" is all grown up, 4 inches taller, 50 pounds heavier, and sick of "Big Brother's" bullshit. Now when "Big Brother" starts his shit, "Little Brother" lays him the hell out. We're about to leave them in the dust as THE premier university in the state. We are both at an all-time high in terms of enrollment, but our growth rate is better. And I remember seeing where we've either passed or about to pass them in terms of our endowment. When that inevitably happens, it's over for them. We're going to run away from them and not look back. In the meantime, they are trying to content themselves with 'crootin and shenanigans. It's the ultimate subjective "moral victory" for their fanbase, results on the field be damned.

smootness
12-02-2013, 12:46 PM
You guys are missing it. They don't actually want us to keep Mullen. They say it to make themselves feel better and to get under our skin. This thread proves that on some level, it is working. Just ignore them and make decisions about our coach yourself.