PDA

View Full Version : Remembering #99...

Rick Cleveland
07-07-2023, 12:48 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2023/07/07/johnie-cooks-football-passed-away-age-64/

redstickdawg
07-07-2023, 09:07 PM
great article thanks for sharing

DEDawg
07-07-2023, 10:45 PM
Close family friend who will be missed dearly. Will never forget him making me drink his homemade apple pie shine at every home game, stuff was killer. RIP to a great one, you will be sorely missed.

Dawg_Lover
07-07-2023, 11:07 PM
That was a very nice tribute. The one thing that would have made it better is if it had not been needed until later in time. May cherished memories be the comforting strength for his loved ones. RIP to a beloved Bulldog who was, by all accounts, an able athlete and an admirable man.

Joebob
07-11-2023, 09:56 PM
Heartbreaking to hear this. Cooks was my all time favorite Dawg, along with Dak. I could tell when he was a freshman that we really had something with him. The play that has stuck in my mind was during his freshman or sophomore year, against an SEC opponent I can't remember, the quarterback rolled right while looking downfield for a receiver. Cooks took off like a deer, chased him halfway across the field, and buried him. I just sat there and thought holy cow, what did I just see? It was an absolute blessing to have gotten to see him play his first two years at State.

SpaceBully
07-14-2023, 03:40 AM
RIP Johnnie. You have the answers now. Hope it was good news.