PDA

View Full Version : RIP Nikki McCray-Penson

BeardoMSU
07-07-2023, 09:51 AM
only 51. Really sad.

chef dixon
07-07-2023, 09:53 AM
She took a lot of hate and you just never know what someone is going through. RIP, very sad

viverlibre
07-07-2023, 10:13 AM
Condolences to her friends and family.

msstate7
07-07-2023, 10:22 AM
Damn, so sad

DownwardDawg
07-07-2023, 10:48 AM
That's terrible. Way too young. Prayers for her family.

Offshore Dawg
07-07-2023, 10:51 AM
Being in bad health would definitely effect one's coaching ability I would think.

DownwardDawg
07-07-2023, 10:57 AM
Did she succumb to cancer? When she stepped down she said it was due to health issues that she "hoped was behind her". A year later in an interview, she said it was from "something else".

Commercecomet24
07-07-2023, 10:58 AM
Dang that?s sad! RIP! Prayers for her family and loved ones!

Bothrops
07-07-2023, 11:23 AM
She took a lot of hate and you just never know what someone is going through. RIP, very sad

This can't be overstated. RIP

R2Dawg
07-07-2023, 12:14 PM
Sad to hear, prayers for family. Life is short, thankful for every day.

NCMSTFAN
07-07-2023, 12:36 PM
The report I read said she died after a long battle with breast cancer so maybe the cancer came back. Sad situation, these types of things should make us not take sports so seriously sometimes... life is precious. I know she wasn't an acting coach but she was at State not too long ago with Mike Leach and now they are both gone.

TheLostDawg
07-07-2023, 12:37 PM
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37974296/women-basketball-star-coach-nikki-mccray-penson-51-dies

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/article/nikki-mccray-penson-dies-mississippi-state-tennessee-womens-bask-212533602/

TheLostDawg
07-07-2023, 12:40 PM
Just terrible. Definitely feel for her family

BlackSailsDawg
07-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Did she succumb to cancer? When she stepped down she said it was due to health issues that she "hoped was behind her". A year later in an interview, she said it was from "something else".

She was coaching at Rutgers last season.

NCMSTFAN
07-07-2023, 01:18 PM
She was coaching at Rutgers last season.

As an Assistant

CaptainObvious
07-07-2023, 01:20 PM
I do indeed feel awful for criticizing her for coaching from her chair all game long. Now we know why.

She was a players coach for sure!

Reason2succeed
07-07-2023, 01:21 PM
Well damn!!! Condolences to her family and friends and players.

NCMSTFAN
07-07-2023, 02:12 PM
I do indeed feel awful for criticizing her for coaching from her chair all game long. Now we know why.

I respect that post, I didn't want to bring a negative spin to this topic but she received some fan hate from alot fans. Things like this put the little things we gripe and complain about into perspective.

EdwardDrayton
07-07-2023, 03:20 PM
Wow. Never was aware the prognosis for her was this grim. Prayers going up for her family.

Dawgface
07-07-2023, 06:32 PM
Prayers for her family. Very sad.

R2Dawg
07-07-2023, 07:42 PM

No need to bring up any of that at this time. Terrible loss, prayers for family and leave it at that. Not sure why our fans try to drag good and bad about anyone when they die. A terrible loss does not give license to attack people and things that happened in the past. Save that for another day.

Dawg_Lover
07-07-2023, 11:47 PM
More sad news reading about Coach McCray, may she rest in sweet peace. Condolences to her loved ones, and may they be blessed with an abundance of friends to support and lift them up through this difficult time.

viverlibre
07-08-2023, 09:22 AM
No need to bring up any of that at this time. Terrible loss, prayers for family and leave it at that. Not sure why our fans try to drag good and bad about anyone when they die. A terrible loss does not give license to attack people and things that happened in the past. Save that for another day.

Because we have the worst and dumbest fans.

ZedFedder
07-08-2023, 09:43 AM
The worst part about all of this is that she has a 10 year old son. Gut wrenching.

DownwardDawg
07-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Because we have the worst and dumbest fans.

Bama will welcome you. Run to Walmart and grab a Bama t shirt and you're in. They are so much better and smarter than us after all.

Activated Alpha
07-08-2023, 12:08 PM

Seems like he is chastising himself for getting upset over something, that in the end, was so trivial and minute compared to the life of Coach McCray. Self-reflection can be a good thing

viverlibre
07-08-2023, 12:42 PM
Seems like he is chastising himself for getting upset over something, that in the end, was so trivial and minute compared to the life of Coach McCray. Self-reflection can be a good thing

Self-reflection is done internally, not via what seems to be a derogatory comment on a public fan message board.

Activated Alpha
07-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Self-reflection is done internally, not via what seems to be a derogatory comment on a public fan message board.

Am I misreading his comment? Where in his statement was he being derogatory? He just concluded that she coached while sitting down, very possibly, due to her health. In which, he stated he feels bad about and most likely didn't have all the evidence as to why.

NCMSTFAN
07-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Am I misreading his comment? Where in his statement was he being derogatory? He just concluded that she coached while sitting down, very possibly, due to her health. In which, he stated he feels bad about and most likely didn't have all the evidence as to why.

I agree I didn't find his post derogatory at all.

DownwardDawg
07-08-2023, 02:35 PM

You are not misreading his comment. A couple of posters have completely misread it and ran off the cliff.

DownwardDawg
07-08-2023, 02:36 PM
I agree I didn't find his post derogatory at all.

There was absolutely NOTHING derogatory about his post. You are correct my friend.

msu15
07-08-2023, 07:12 PM

You're a loser

R2Dawg
07-08-2023, 08:18 PM

Yeah I saw that; I was really directing toward several that brought up things not related to NMP death. Why do that here? No point in it.

No problem with self reflection. Comments on past coaching or other stuff got nothing to do with someone passing on from this life. When a person dies, it doesn't mean that everything they did was right but we don't highlight any bad when they die either. Some took the opportunity to attack other posters. Low class.

jdelta02
07-09-2023, 10:11 PM
Best to family, everyone.
Prayers

RisperDawg
07-10-2023, 06:50 AM
You are not misreading his comment. A couple of posters have completely misread it and ran off the cliff.

Because we have the worst and dumbest fans, or so I've heard anyway.