PDA

View Full Version : Football - camping at the horse park

RockyDog
07-04-2023, 02:14 PM
Does anybody camp there using a pop up or small trailer or is it mainly big rigs and fifth wheels?

it has been 7 or 8 seasons since I camped there in a travel trailer and I have since downsized to a hard wall pop up.

From what I remember the gravel is really really thick there. Also, not sure I want to be there in my small camper among a sea of $200k+ rigs if there aren?t other small guys out there.

CaptainObvious
07-04-2023, 02:24 PM
Sir. This is the People?s University! If they are a bunch of snobs because they can afford a $200k to $600k Rig, give them a map to Oxford. We don?t need the Neil Young kind around anyhow!

CaptainObvious
07-04-2023, 02:26 PM
You should see some of the Campers at UT-Knoxville and Arkansas games. Lots of pop ups!

Ranchdawg
07-04-2023, 04:01 PM
If my buddy can go to the horse park in his class C with duck tape literally holding the skin on his class C then I don?t know why you are hesitant to go there with a pop up!

R2Dawg
07-04-2023, 04:53 PM
Does anybody camp there using a pop up or small trailer or is it mainly big rigs and fifth wheels?

it has been 7 or 8 seasons since I camped there in a travel trailer and I have since downsized to a hard wall pop up.

From what I remember the gravel is really really thick there. Also, not sure I want to be there in my small camper among a sea of $200k+ rigs if there aren?t other small guys out there.

I wouldn't worry about it. It has been 5-6 years since I camped there. I had a med size travel trailer then and there was every kind back then.

There are a few other places you can camp for cheaper - KOA Starkville and there is one on old 25S, Pines mobile home park also on 25 you can weekend camp. I've done that before too.

sleepy dawg
07-05-2023, 02:54 PM
I've only been there once and its been a few years, but when I went there wasn't any pop ups. However, the vibe I picked up on there is I don't think anyone would give a shit if you were in a sleeping bag under the stars.

viverlibre
07-05-2023, 04:36 PM
Inquire about the "key club." Thank me later.

Pancho
07-05-2023, 08:34 PM
Do they have younger members now? Some them girls are getting up in years

viverlibre
07-06-2023, 08:27 AM
Do they have younger members now? Some them girls are getting up in years

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.