PDA

View Full Version : $15/ month NIL

cheewgumm
07-01-2023, 09:19 PM
Until they change the rules we need to dance.

Our way is $15/ month ( or more)

Think of it this way - are you more interested I. Netflix or State competing ?

I get more enjoyment out of us winning. My greatest memories ( State in SEC Championship) beat the F out of Netflix.

So let?s compete!!!!

TALL DAWG
07-02-2023, 09:07 PM
IF just 10,000 of our fans would ONLY give $25/mth it would = $3MM annually.
Then, add in another $7MM total annually from big donors and present pro players and we?d hit $10MM. This should be very doable.

Lots of folks can give more than $25/mth. I?m giving $75/mth.

Lets go!!!

bulldogcountry1
07-03-2023, 08:00 AM
I think this sports year is going to be critical in determining whether or not our fanbase will seriously commit to NIL. We made a push after Cohen left, but I think we have a lot of fans that don't like the system. I give a modest amount, but I still hate it. I need to see results, and I think that's what our fans are waiting on. We are blue collar people, and giving blindly to college athletes is not in our makeup. We need to see that it matters.

If football goes 7-5, I think it will be devastating for the program, as far as NIL goes. MBB is primed to make a big jump that will get fans excited again. Baseball has no choice but to make a big jump. If they don't, you can forget about the remaining masses ever buying in.

confucius say
07-03-2023, 08:50 AM
I think this sports year is going to be critical in determining whether or not our fanbase will seriously commit to NIL. We made a push after Cohen left, but I think we have a lot of fans that don't like the system. I give a modest amount, but I still hate it. I need to see results, and I think that's what our fans are waiting on. We are blue collar people, and giving blindly to college athletes is not in our makeup. We need to see that it matters.

If football goes 7-5, I think it will be devastating for the program, as far as NIL goes. MBB is primed to make a big jump that will get fans excited again. Baseball has no choice but to make a big jump. If they don't, you can forget about the remaining masses ever buying in.

We were a 7-5 program before NIL. So we have to give the average of the league just to stay there.
Now if we were giving 10 million, sure, expect 10-2. But we're giving 6-6, 7-5 results.

We're giving much more to basketball and I think the results will show that.

WinningIsRelentless
07-03-2023, 08:57 AM
We were a 7-5 program before NIL. So we have to give the average of the league just to stay there.
Now if we were giving 10 million, sure, expect 10-2. But we're giving 6-6, 7-5 results.

We're giving much more to basketball and I think the results will show that.

Bingo and this doesn?t need to get forgotten.

Quaoarsking
07-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Is it legal for us to do something like a $100 discount on season tickets if we show a receipt for $100 to the Bulldog Initiative over the last year? Not technically a transfer of money from the athletic department, but the same effect as that.

EdwardDrayton
07-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Is it legal for us to do something like a $100 discount on season tickets if we show a receipt for $100 to the Bulldog Initiative over the last year? Not technically a transfer of money from the athletic department, but the same effect as that.

Not sure about the legality but what an excellent idea. In essence re-direct money from the athletics budget for coaching and administrator salaries to NIL. We buy the tickets; they fund NIL. Seems fair.

confucius say
07-03-2023, 10:43 AM

No. That's my understanding at least from the powers that be.

bulldogcountry1
07-03-2023, 10:44 AM
Seems like it would be easy to redirect or recategorize concession and merch sales to something that goes to NIL.

cheewgumm
07-03-2023, 02:02 PM
The NILs primary missions should be signing people up monthly. Get hot girls at every event signing people up for $15 / month. This effort should never end.

Make it easy to get in and easy to get out - no pressure.

I?m not sure if NIL admin has to be non- profit. If not, take part of $ and hire people to help. Also maybe some sports admin students at State could run at as a resume builder.

Getting $ from big donors is not a long term plan. This would be. It would work - it?s just a never ending effort. Just need manpower to do it - Charlie W can?t do it by himself.

redstickdawg
07-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Seems like it would be easy to redirect or recategorize concession and merch sales to something that goes to NIL.

How about having Will Rogers cokes or the like, proceeds from the sale of concessions go to NIL. Player photos on cups and other items, etc.

Quaoarsking
07-03-2023, 04:49 PM
We've got to push the envelope on the "rules" as much as we can as long as the other 15 SEC schools are doing so. Hopefully at some point soon it will be tightly regulated and equalized within the SEC, but until then we need to be creative and bold.

EdwardDrayton
07-03-2023, 05:59 PM
We've got to push the envelope on the "rules" as much as we can as long as the other 15 SEC schools are doing so. Hopefully at some point soon it will be tightly regulated and equalized within the SEC, but until then we need to be creative and bold.

^^^^^^^

SheltonChoked
07-05-2023, 01:50 PM
How about having Will Rogers cokes or the like, proceeds from the sale of concessions go to NIL. Player photos on cups and other items, etc.

I think they should have items at concessions allocated for different teams. Make the concession company add $1 to everything for NIL.

Baseball hot dogs, Football Coke/Beer, Basketball Nachos ( I assume we know what we sell the most of over a season).

Same with anything sold on campus on sports weekends.

sleepy dawg
07-05-2023, 02:51 PM
I'm signed up for the monthly donation. Everyone should be.