PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Game 9u Nationals

BHildreth3
06-30-2023, 08:26 AM
I have got to brag a bit as my step son was just selected to play in 2 national PG tournaments. Hitting over .850 in 5 PG tourneys.

He is a future 3rd baseman and a switch hitter.

At what age do I send his PG profile to State coaches? Lol seriously. He cannot go to Ole Miss so I want to start getting a handle on this.

CaptainObvious
06-30-2023, 08:36 AM
Sounds like a chip off the old block.

Randolph Dupree
06-30-2023, 09:01 AM
Best thing to do, regardless of ability, is to take the little dudes to baseball camps at MSU. They are nothing but fun for the little guys. When they hit 12 or 13 if there's some ability there, the coaches will start making sure you know when the camps are. They are straight business at that age but still fun.

The Federalist Engineer
06-30-2023, 09:33 AM
I have got to brag a bit as my step son was just selected to play in 2 national PG tournaments. Hitting over .850 in 5 PG tourneys.

He is a future 3rd baseman and a switch hitter.

At what age do I send his PG profile to State coaches? Lol seriously. He cannot go to Ole Miss so I want to start getting a handle on this.

Keep bragging, congrats

Night games at MSU are the selling point to MSU. I got hooked during a night game versus Texas A&M as an elementary kid. MSU lost the game, but I was a fan for life.

jwbigcreek
06-30-2023, 10:36 AM
Think we need someone at 3B next year. Can he start school next year? Congrats. Know you're proud.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-30-2023, 04:45 PM
I think the NCAA just very recently changed the age schools can start crootin and being in contact with kids.

BHildreth3
06-30-2023, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

CaptainObvious
06-30-2023, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Do you ever see any of the guys from that ?89 team? I still believe that was our best team ever?

Homedawg
07-01-2023, 09:53 AM
Do you ever see any of the guys from that ?89 team? I still believe that was our best team ever?

He's not the real brad hildreth

viverlibre
07-01-2023, 12:57 PM
I hear stories of talented kids getting burned out by over-eager parents. Do push him too hard, let him push himself.

TALL DAWG
07-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Can he bunt also?
We can use some small ball at times also.
Hail State.

CaptainObvious
07-01-2023, 07:02 PM
He's not the real brad hildreth

No doubt. This guy has a 9 year old and the real Brad is 56 years as are most of the guys who played on the 89 team. But I still think it was our best (team) top to bottom ever! 54-14 overall 20-5 and 1st SEC. Ranked in the Top 10 all year.

starkvegasdawg
07-01-2023, 07:24 PM
Best thing to do, regardless of ability, is to take the little dudes to baseball camps at MSU. They are nothing but fun for the little guys. When they hit 12 or 13 if there's some ability there, the coaches will start making sure you know when the camps are. They are straight business at that age but still fun.

My 13 year old is going to his first msu camp in a couple of weeks. He's really loooing forward to it.

BHildreth3
07-01-2023, 09:00 PM
Hey yeah not the real Brad Hildreth. He was my favorite player and the 89 team made me a lifetime State baseball fan. I am still pissed that North Carolina ruined that year. We were preseason #1 and had a great year with great players. Jody Hurst, Tommy Raffo, Pete Young, Jon?I throw it 65 mph from the left side and you will swing out of your shoes?Harden, Richie Grayum, Masters, Bobby Reed, etc. 54-12 that year.

Todd4State
07-02-2023, 02:32 AM
I think the NCAA just very recently changed the age schools can start crootin and being in contact with kids.

They can definitely contact..."recruit" them when they come to our camp though.

Maroonthirteen
07-02-2023, 04:55 AM
MSU baseball camps as a kid were so much fun for me. I met Coach MacMan, players and even Coach Polk (briefly). We stayed in Evans dorm one year and McArthur others. I learned a little science in McArthur as a hot glass out of the dish washer will shatter when filled with ice. We took so many swings that I had blisters on my hands. I pitched in some inter squad games and then sat with two current players after as they gave me pointers. Good times from a lifetime ago.

I recommend the camps.