PDA

View Full Version : Starkville Soccer

Lord McBuckethead
06-27-2023, 09:08 AM
Not sure if everyone here knows, but for the past three years Starkville Soccer association has been non-existent. When the soccer association went down, the locals formed a semi-competitive team that is part of Tupelo Football Club and has had teams from 8-14 years old.

Of course we need players. The coaches are top knotch, as both Starkville and Starkville Academy coaches are the coaches for the teams. MSU women?s soccer players also contribute weekly, running skills night exercises and they are on the sideline as well. Practices are Tuesday and Thursdays with optional skills night on Mondays. The competition is good and they stress fundamentals over wins/losses.

I am sitting at the fields now, as my daughter and 3 of her teammates are getting some summer sessions in for some extra training.

I say all of this to let everyone know this is an option. Contact me if you want any information on joining. It?s good to see our athletic kids outside and going at it versus YouTube and tablets.

Rawdawg
06-27-2023, 04:17 PM
I was a ?coach? for girls soccer a couple of years ago in Starkville. The Starkville soccer association could not have been a more poorly ran and organized. I was extremely disappointed and I really hate that if my daughter wants to play we have team up with Tupelo to do it.