PDA

View Full Version : Everyone who said lsu wouldn't even be here

Homedawg
06-26-2023, 09:27 PM
Looks silly. I bet have the message boards said they wouldn't make it out of their regional.... then another 1/4 said no chance at super. Look one stud w that lineup gets you to Omaha. From there getting hot is what it's about. And their getting hit was the pen. The lineup awoke tonight. I hate lsu. But I hate O'Sullivan worse

Skydawg1
06-26-2023, 09:48 PM
Is losing 24-4 "getting hot"? Tonight was on O'Sullivans goofy ass.

KOdawg1
06-26-2023, 09:55 PM
I knew that with the talent they accumulated, they'd always have a shot.

Talent overcomes pretty much everything. Experience, coaching, luck, etc. If you've got the talent, you've got the advantage. That's why we should be doing everything in our power to elevate our talent profile. We haven't done that so far. The clock is ticking

AlSwearengen
06-26-2023, 10:06 PM
Their pitching really came around. What that can be attributed to, i’m not sure. Early in the year, it looked like Hurd was a total bust but look at him now.

Todd4State
06-26-2023, 10:45 PM
The funny thing is if they were MSU and Lemonis had said that we were the place for transfers to go then our fans would probably be worried about how that would affect our high school recruiting.

I'm not too worried about MSU. Our fans will wake up soon enough as much passion as there is for our baseball program. Our NIL is already one of the best. If Lemonis can't do it he will be replaced.

It is what it is.

We're seeing a SEC dynasty happening right now as it is. This league is an absolute monster in baseball and there are really only a couple of teams that I would say legitimately have zero shot at a National Championship- Kentucky and Mizzou. We're going to keep seeing SEC teams win in Omaha. Could very well be Florida next year. Could be Arkansas. Could be Tennessee. Who knows? Look at MSU- we finished 13th in the league and literally won the vast majority of our OOC games including some against some pretty good teams like USM.

With as many SEC teams that care about baseball I don't see LSU being the only one there but simply one of those in the mix. It's not like NIL is something exclusive to LSU like Vandy's endowment scholarships.

basedog
06-27-2023, 08:34 AM
The funny thing is if they were MSU and Lemonis had said that we were the place for transfers to go then our fans would probably be worried about how that would affect our high school recruiting.

I'm not too worried about MSU. Our fans will wake up soon enough as much passion as there is for our baseball program. Our NIL is already one of the best. If Lemonis can't do it he will be replaced.

It is what it is.

We're seeing a SEC dynasty happening right now as it is. This league is an absolute monster in baseball and there are really only a couple of teams that I would say legitimately have zero shot at a National Championship- Kentucky and Mizzou. We're going to keep seeing SEC teams win in Omaha. Could very well be Florida next year. Could be Arkansas. Could be Tennessee. Who knows? Look at MSU- we finished 13th in the league and literally won the vast majority of our OOC games including some against some pretty good teams like USM.

With as many SEC teams that care about baseball I don't see LSU being the only one there but simply one of those in the mix. It's not like NIL is something exclusive to LSU like Vandy's endowment scholarships.

Sec has been the dominate conference for a long time now. Lsu started it with Skip Bertman. We have always beaten the majority of our non-conference teams we play, which is great. But finishing at the bottom the last two years has been overstated but warranted. I am concerned moving forward with Ok and Tx coming into the league, but we are a baseball school and it's controlled by the HC and his ability to manage and recruit. It's gonna be much tougher mainly because what I've seen with Lemonis in control. I will pull or him next season, but waited on what the portal may bring right now is concerning, hopefully soon we will see some major signees but right now I'm doubtful.

SilentSteel16
06-27-2023, 08:56 AM
If I knew how to quote previous posts from other threads, I said back in April LSU was that good and top 5 was way too conservative. I even said Dylan Crews was going to win Golden Spikes. LSU with NIL is going to get the pick of the litter moving forward and will always be in the picture for Omaha.

Just remember State took 2of3 in Baton Rouge. Hopefully Lemon gets it figured out

Lord McBuckethead
06-27-2023, 09:09 AM
I think you miss spelled Bama as Kentucky.

The Federalist Engineer
06-27-2023, 10:09 AM
Is losing 24-4 "getting hot"? Tonight was on O'Sullivans goofy ass.

Help me out, how did O'Sullivan blow the game?

He started a Golden Spike's finalist and the kid shit the bed. After that, the rest of the pen freaked out.

Everybody that came in was getting tagged, hard.

To me, the coach that messed up was the UVA coach that had UF beat, entering the 9th inning, and then put in a bad-matchup closer.

PMDawg
06-27-2023, 10:24 AM
I kind of thought they would make the CWS, but I did not think they had the pitching to make it through the CWS. Beating WF twice in a row was a minor miracle, but it takes some stuff like that to get the hardware. They had some guys step up and deliver on the biggest stage, and you gotta have that and a little luck. All you can do is tip your cap. Just think, we did with our Friday and Sunday pitchers becoming pretty much unpitchable down the stretch. You just never know!

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-27-2023, 10:28 AM
Looks silly. I bet have the message boards said they wouldn't make it out of their regional.... then another 1/4 said no chance at super. Look one stud w that lineup gets you to Omaha. From there getting hot is what it's about. And their getting hit was the pen. The lineup awoke tonight. I hate lsu. But I hate O'Sullivan worse

Nobody "looks silly", LSU pitching simply got WAY better in the postseason. Even including Skenes their team ERA was 8th in the conference. But in the SR and Omaha they allowed: 0, 3, 3, 3, 0, 2, 0, 3, 24, and 4 runs. Skenes pitched in 3 of those games. All against much better/hotter offenses than the SEC average that they struggled against all year. They literally went from the 8th best staff in the SEC to the best in Omaha.

It's like OM last year. They simply played much better in the postseason than they did in the regular.

DownwardDawg
06-27-2023, 02:53 PM
Nobody "looks silly", LSU pitching simply got WAY better in the postseason. Even including Skenes their team ERA was 8th in the conference. But in the SR and Omaha they allowed: 0, 3, 3, 3, 0, 2, 0, 3, 24, and 4 runs. Skenes pitched in 3 of those games. All against much better/hotter offenses than the SEC average that they struggled against all year. They literally went from the 8th best staff in the SEC to the best in Omaha.

It's like OM last year. They simply played much better in the postseason than they did in the regular.

This is the correct take. LSU late season wasn't near good enough to win the CWS. All of a sudden, their pitching was light years better than it had been for weeks. All my LSU co workers were amazed they made it to Omaha. Not 1 of them thought they had the pitching to win it.

basedog
06-27-2023, 03:18 PM
As good as LSU was this year, they also improved as the season rolled along.

Florida was good, but looked really bad last night. Kinda weird.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-27-2023, 03:58 PM
As good as LSU was this year, they also improved as the season rolled along.

Florida was good, but looked really bad last night. Kinda weird.

They choked. Couldn't handle the pressure just like us in '13

basedog
06-27-2023, 04:14 PM
They choked. Couldn't handle the pressure just like us in '13

Truth.

SpaceBully
06-30-2023, 09:05 AM
The did the same thing Ole Miss did last year. Got hot at the right time. Weak pitching staff came of age at the right time. And had plenty of offensive firepower. I don't think Ole Miss lost a single game in tourney play once they started regional play at Miami. When they took out the Hurricanes at Coral Gables.....That sir, got my attention.

jwbigcreek
06-30-2023, 10:45 AM
I think you miss spelled Bama as Kentucky.

Maybe part of that was Bear recruiting good athletes & putting them on baseball scholarships. At one point, I think they had the second highest SEC win total in baseball. Schollenberger (sp?) was a good coach in the late 70's/80's & just seemed to lose it eventually (they lost in the CWS to the same Texas team with Clemons & Schiraldi that beat us in Austin in the regional in 83). And Jim Wells had them rolling in the 90's for quite a while, but also seemed to "lose it" eventually. Seems like Cohen was his assistant at one of the directional LA schools before he took the AL job. If they make a commitment to baseball, they can be good again.