PDA

View Full Version : Please delete all threads or posts with negative info about DJ

CaptainObvious
06-21-2023, 10:25 AM
Let?s support him. He is a Maroon Bulldog!!!

Extendedcab
06-21-2023, 10:29 AM
Then why all of the drama?

ZedFedder
06-21-2023, 10:42 AM
Then why all of the drama?

Because he is still a kid. When people you care about feed you bad info, it is easy to run with it. Look at Marcus Dupree. Let's show a little grace to the guy. He made a mistake, but then he rectified it.

Activated Alpha
06-21-2023, 10:54 AM
Because he is still a kid. When people you care about feed you bad info, it is easy to run with it. Look at Marcus Dupree. Let's show a little grace to the guy. He made a mistake, but then he rectified it.

Too many times we as adults don't get a chance to rectify our mistakes. DJ is still a kid despite what the government says. Let him have a chance to learn from this and become a better player

ZedFedder
06-21-2023, 11:01 AM
Also, a big credit to Lemonis on getting him back. It seems he had to climb a bit of a mountain. I still have my questions and am unsure about this upcoming year, but he deserves a hat tip for overcoming the odds.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-21-2023, 11:05 AM
I can be sympathetic but also ask questions:

He was pressured by adults in his life to leave. He was told he's worth 7 figures. I can sympathize with a 20 year old not standing up against that

BUT, was that really all there is... does he really want to be here? Is he behind the coaches or is he going to be telling players they were wrong to kick Alford out? Does he have his hat in hand or does he feel the staff owes him for the honor of his presence?

If he's got attitude problems I want him gone. If he's regretful of his actions then I welcome him with open arms

Cooterpoot
06-21-2023, 11:07 AM
This is simply the portal era way of life. It's one big soap opera with the fans. It's business for the players and others involved. Jordan is back and all is good to me. The ones that leave can eat shit and I hope they lose. But this is the new normal, so saddle up and hang on.

StarkVegasSteve
06-21-2023, 11:11 AM
Let?s support him. He is a Maroon Bulldog!!!

It is a message board. We are allowed to act emotionally and post stuff we may not agree with in 12 minutes, much less 12 hours. However, Genes Page is giving discounts right now and they only sunshine pump over there.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-21-2023, 11:31 AM
I'm glad Dakota is back. He seems like a good quality individual.

As for the "he's just a kid" crowd, NIL has changed that. I have kids, and they don't get 6-figure paychecks. If these guys want to be kids, then they can come to school, pay their own way, and join a sports team, the band, or the glee club. The NCAA players all wanted this NIL crap. If they are going to be grown and negotiate their own deals, then we can talk about their successes and failures publicly. So they can all suck it up and toughen up, and that includes Dakota.

CaptainObvious
06-21-2023, 11:35 AM
Then delete this thread. I have been critical of performance of coaches and players in the field of play.

But when they realize or someone helps them realize that life ain?t all sunshine and rainbows, they learn to hit and get hit. And they learn they have to keep moving.

Ranchdawg
06-21-2023, 11:42 AM
I wasn?t mad at DJ. I was mad at the system NIL Portal and who ever was pushing him to enter the portal. Yes this I?m afraid this is going to be the new normal. You get a kid out of high school that has raw talent, plays one year and everyone can see his potential talent. Then handlers, parents, family members, former coaches ect. start telling the kid why not cash in from whoever will pay. I know a lot of this used to be under the table but there were penalties in place for just up and leaving ie. sitting out a year. There was at least some semblance of structure before. Now it?s just about impossible to build a national championship roster for coaches that don?t have a war chest of NIL monies.

confucius say
06-21-2023, 12:01 PM
Just like with Tulu. From now on, for the love of humanity, when this happens JUST LET IT PLAY OUT. Don't insult people.

Cowbell
06-21-2023, 12:53 PM
Also, a big credit to Lemonis on getting him back. It seems he had to climb a bit of a mountain. I still have my questions and am unsure about this upcoming year, but he deserves a hat tip for overcoming the odds.

Same here. He didn't waste any time and apparently knew how to handle this

Lord McBuckethead
06-21-2023, 01:29 PM
Every good player is going to do this, every year.
NCAA should allow multi year contracts tied to universities. Sign a player to a 3 year scholarship.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-21-2023, 02:27 PM
Every good player is going to do this, every year.
NCAA should allow multi year contracts tied to universities. Sign a player to a 3 year scholarship.

They 100% should. That's how it works in every league where players get paid, that's how it should work here.

If the Cowboys draft a great CB in the 6th round, they get 4 years of cheap production out of him, not 1 and then he's a free agent.

No sports league wants to have 100% of the roster be free agents every year. Yet we expect every college coach to manage such a roster... all while not having any salary caps either

EdwardDrayton
06-21-2023, 03:18 PM
This is simply the portal era way of life. It's one big soap opera with the fans. It's business for the players and others involved. Jordan is back and all is good to me. The ones that leave can eat shit and I hope they lose. But this is the new normal, so saddle up and hang on.

Yep, the new normal and it sucks a bag.

EdwardDrayton
06-21-2023, 03:19 PM
It is a message board. We are allowed to act emotionally and post stuff we may not agree with in 12 minutes, much less 12 hours. However, Genes Page is giving discounts right now and they only sunshine pump over there.

Rep