PDA

View Full Version : Jordan gone to Georgia

Ezsoil
06-20-2023, 05:27 PM
His roomie talked him into coming with him.

DownwardDawg
06-20-2023, 05:28 PM
No way

KOdawg1
06-20-2023, 05:29 PM
Next man up.

A lot more to all this than meets the eye.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 05:30 PM
His friend, his friend's dad, his travel coach, and his fam

DownwardDawg
06-20-2023, 05:31 PM
He'll get to watch us play in the CWS I guess.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 05:34 PM

We ain't winning shit next year. The only positive is Jordan only has one year left to play.

SpaceWranglerDawg
06-20-2023, 05:36 PM
Good thing we got the NIL money flowing in faster than we can count it************************************************ ***********

msstate7
06-20-2023, 05:36 PM
And the high of yesterday comes crashing down

BeardoMSU
06-20-2023, 05:37 PM
We ain't winning shit next year. The only positive is Jordan only has one year left to play.

Was he not a freshman?

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 05:39 PM
Was he not a freshman?

Draft eligible next year

SpaceWranglerDawg
06-20-2023, 05:39 PM
Was he not a freshman?

Early birthday I believe.

sandjunky
06-20-2023, 05:40 PM
Nope
The search for a HC will be in process this time next year

ArrowDawg
06-20-2023, 05:46 PM
That's just embarrassing. You can't lose a Dakota Jordan.

confucius say
06-20-2023, 05:46 PM
Y'all go read the last 3 pages of the transfer portal thread. This was explained fairly in depth there today.

AlSwearengen
06-20-2023, 05:57 PM
Hope he makes it in the Bigs. MSU baseball can get you places after school. At Ga, they won’t have a clue who he is b/c he doesn’t play football, even if he is all conference.

Homedawg
06-20-2023, 06:02 PM

You can when you get the set of demands we got.... easy call

Homedawg
06-20-2023, 06:02 PM
Good thing we got the NIL money flowing in faster than we can count it************************************************ ***********

Have a clue before hitting send please

Bothrops
06-20-2023, 06:07 PM
We just have to get more serious about the portal

Ranchdawg
06-20-2023, 06:18 PM
Well I guess I?ll have to enjoy the other SEC teams in regionals super regionals and Omaha. Because just about all other SEC schools are/will out spend us for players. Without really good players we have no chance winning period end of discussion. Regardless of who the coach is.

And yes I’m angry!

Saltydog
06-20-2023, 06:21 PM
So, how did they come up with the money? From reading the other thread it was an unreasonably high demand. I can't see UGA forking out that much for a baseball player or is it possible there were other factors involved (and not just Alford in his ear)?

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 06:26 PM
It's just a weird deal with us. We don't spend big on players, but we've chosen to pay our guys to keep them and then we get this BS. And make no mistake, it's BS. We can offer a lot and it's pretty pointless. Then, we've done nothing so far in the portal. That's certainly got to change. Plus, that lame Duck coach hanging over us and a former dog screwing us with the help of a mercenary of a travel coach and former player etc.etc. etc.
For the love of everything M over S, sign some good portal guys. I don't care how. Go pillage somebody's roster.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2023, 06:30 PM
Guys. They can all go. This group of players were not and have not been holding up the standards for 2 years. They never had to be the man and when it was time to be, they werent it.

smootness
06-20-2023, 06:35 PM
Remember when the argument was that we had to keep Lemonis because we had guys like Dakota Jordan that we couldn't lose? Ahhhhh.

Homedawg
06-20-2023, 06:35 PM
Well I guess I?ll have to enjoy the other SEC teams in regionals super regionals and Omaha. Because just about all other SEC schools are/will out spend us for players. Without really good players we have no chance winning period end of discussion. Regardless of who the coach is.

And yes I?m angry!

We didn't get out spent on this one.

Homedawg
06-20-2023, 06:39 PM
So, how did they come up with the money? From reading the other thread it was an unreasonably high demand. I can't see UGA forking out that much for a baseball player or is it possible there were other factors involved (and not just Alford in his ear)?

They didn't. That's just it. We were give a demand that wasn't going to be met by anyone. Uga lsu nobody. There are multiple parties involved in this nonsense. They can spin it he did t like lemonis, did t meet his demand. Etc etc. I feel bad for dj to a degree. But he ultimately made the decision. Good luck to him.

StarkVegasSteve
06-20-2023, 06:53 PM

They did not. We offered more. But Daddy Ball Alford got his little feelings hurt because he is a little bitch who could not hack it in the SEC. Lemonis told him to take a hike and he went and cried to his daddy who cried to Tim Dulin, who was already mad because we told the best SS to ever grace the dirt at Dudy Noble to take a hike because he sucks at both offense and defense. From there, he got in the ear of Jordan and started planting seeds.

Our offer was far more lucrative. But he made his bed and now gets to lie in it. I cannot wait to boo his ass straight out of the state when UGA comes to Starkville next year. It is going to make what was said to Wallner and Brant Blaylock look PG

Pancho
06-20-2023, 06:54 PM
who would have thought someone didn't like the bucket guy? boy howdy. I won't be surprised if there are others who will also leave.

confucius say
06-20-2023, 06:59 PM

So you'd pay him the 7 figures his handler demanded from us?

AlSwearengen
06-20-2023, 07:08 PM
Can someone tell me what has pissed Dulin off? Is it Alford being cut? I’m sure many of his former players get told to transfer. I don’t 100% trust what i am being told.

confucius say
06-20-2023, 07:08 PM
They did not. We offered more. But Daddy Ball Alford got his little feelings hurt because he is a little bitch who could not hack it in the SEC. Lemonis told him to take a hike and he went and cried to his daddy who cried to Tim Dulin, who was already mad because we told the best SS to ever grace the dirt at Dudy Noble to take a hike because he sucks at both offense and defense. From there, he got in the ear of Jordan and started planting seeds.

Our offer was far more lucrative. But he made his bed and now gets to lie in it. I cannot wait to boo his ass straight out of the state when UGA comes to Starkville next year. It is going to make what was said to Wallner and Brant Blaylock look PG

Pretty good synopsis here.
And I'll add, I'd tell slate to hit the road all over again even knowing this. It was always a possibility.

Now, let's get Montgomery in the portal and go get him.

Coach34
06-20-2023, 07:14 PM
Can someone tell me what has pissed Dulin off? Is it Alford being cut? I’m sure many of his former players get told to transfer. I don’t 100% trust what i am being told.

Its Alford and others being run off. They made an insane demand- we said no. So have 2 other SEC teams. He was paid to enter the portal

Saltydog
06-20-2023, 07:14 PM
Remember when the argument was that we had to keep Lemonis because we had guys like Dakota Jordan that we couldn't lose? Ahhhhh.

Yep, that was the narrative for sure. If Home says he made unreasonable demands then I'm sure he did but I'm more than pissed that one of our betrayed us. Even said you can't tell me there wasn't more than someone being in DJ's ear. Denying that is simply being obtuse. Shit like this doesn't happen to content players. It's a sign of a bigger issue IMO and that's what happens when you lose.

maroonmania
06-20-2023, 07:22 PM

Especially to a school that doesn't give a crap about baseball. Dakota had the highest ceiling of any returning offensive player we had.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 07:30 PM
Its Alford and others being run off. They made an insane demand- we said no. So have 2 other SEC teams. He was paid to enter the portal

And the amount they took was less than what we offered Jordan.

confucius say
06-20-2023, 07:34 PM
Yep, that was the narrative for sure. If Home says he made unreasonable demands then I'm sure he did but I'm more than pissed that one of our own former players betrayed us. Even said you can't tell me there wasn't more than someone being in DJ's ear. Denying that is simply being obtuse. Shit like this doesn't happen to content players. It's a sign of a bigger issue IMO and that's what happens when you lose.

Not about losing. Guys who played in supers and Omaha are in the portal

BeardoMSU
06-20-2023, 07:35 PM
And the amount they took was less than what we offered Jordan.

So wtf?

Saltydog
06-20-2023, 07:38 PM
Especially to a school that doesn't give a crap about baseball. Dakota had the highest ceiling of any returning offensive player we had.

Like I said, it's all a sign of a bigger issue. . . . .

Saltydog
06-20-2023, 07:44 PM

Yeah let's just skip the last two seasons. . . . . .

calidawg
06-20-2023, 07:44 PM
Guys. They can all go. This group of players were not and have not been holding up the standards for 2 years. They never had to be the man and when it was time to be, they werent it.

100%

Coach34
06-20-2023, 07:48 PM

Tenn had a guy hit the portal today. It's all about the player now. Very few give a **** what uniform they wear

confucius say
06-20-2023, 07:49 PM
They didn't. That's just it. We were give a demand that wasn't going to be met by anyone. Uga lsu nobody. There are multiple parties involved in this nonsense. They can spin it he did t like lemonis, did t meet his demand. Etc etc. I feel bad for dj to a degree. But he ultimately made the decision. Good luck to him.

I feel bad for him. He does have to grow up some, but he's just a 19-20 year old being used as a pawn by handlers who he thinks have is best interest at heart but they don't. He's not a bad kid. Let's just let it play out

Saltydog
06-20-2023, 08:02 PM
It obviously wasn't someone who is on the CWS roster or probably saw much pt. That I would understand. A guy who started and played at a high level is another story but you are correct about the loyalty. It's gone.

TALL DAWG
06-20-2023, 08:26 PM
Well BYE and do not let the door hit u in ASS on way out. Next man up.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-20-2023, 08:31 PM
I agree with those asking questions here.

I get he's Alfords friend and is upset for him.

I get his former coach and ALfords dad are in his ear.

BUT, to demand SEVEN FIGURES IN NIL and then leave for less money than we offered? To go to a worse program?

Jordan is either mentally ill and needs medication OR this is more than him "doing what's best for him" like every other Portal guy is doing.

Coach34
06-20-2023, 08:38 PM
It obviously wasn't someone who is on the CWS roster or probably saw much pt. That I would understand. A guy who started and played at a high level is another story but you are correct about the loyalty. It's gone.

Ok- Bama’s 3rd baseman. Hit 24 HR’s and they made the Supers. Now he is in the portal

maroonmania
06-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Tenn had a guy hit the portal today. It's all about the player now. Very few give a **** what uniform they wear

Leaving for a lesser program for less money to play in front of nobody is not the normal "what's in it for me?" situation. This is a definite wtf type situation that shouldn't be happening if our baseball program had the culture and pride it should have.

cheewgumm
06-20-2023, 08:40 PM
So you?re batting clean up for State and playing in front of 10k for your home state and getting paid.

You?re gonna leave to play for another state in front of less people, for less money.

Ummm, what?

Who is advising him?

Coach34
06-20-2023, 08:40 PM
I agree with those asking questions here.

I get he's Alfords friend and is upset for him.

I get his former coach and ALfords dad are in his ear.

BUT, to demand SEVEN FIGURES IN NIL and then leave for less money than we offered? To go to a worse program?

Jordan is either mentally ill and needs medication OR this is more than him "doing what's best for him" like every other Portal guy is doing.

He got paid to get into the portal. He hasn’t committed to any school yet. He put a number out there that us and 2 other SEC schools balked at.

So we have no idea where this little drama show is headed

cheewgumm
06-20-2023, 08:43 PM
If he leaves spend the cash on pitching.

Honestly break the bank on stud pitching .

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-20-2023, 08:45 PM
He got paid to get into the portal. He hasn’t committed to any school yet. He put a number out there that us and 2 other SEC schools balked at.

In that case I hope we rescind the offer and make him sleep in the cold. Tough for Lemo to do with his job on the line next year but that's what you have to do. This program is not a mental ward to rehab locker room cancers or primadonas. This is what's best for the program. Send a message to all- buy in or get OUT

Leeshouldveflanked
06-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Didnt Dulin and Bianco have a falling out a few years back?

basedog
06-20-2023, 09:06 PM
I’d rather have Montgomery.

TNDawg35
06-20-2023, 09:06 PM

State, UGA, and who was the 3rd school?

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 09:12 PM
I’d rather have Montgomery.

It's almost Braden or bust now. Good luck with that.

The Federalist Engineer
06-20-2023, 09:15 PM
I think we just had two malignant colon cancers leave the system. This is great news. This is Hunter Hines world and they are just living in it.

Seriously boys, MSU has legit legends like Jake Mangum, Tanner Allen, and Will Clark. These kids are sketchy, who cares.

Montgomery or the Bama kid are far better.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 09:20 PM
I think we just had two malignant colon cancers leave the system. This is great news. This is Hunter Hines world and they are just living in it.

Seriously boys, MSU has legit legends like Jake Mangum, Tanner Allen, and Will Clark. These kids are sketchy, who cares.

Montgomery or the Bama kid are far better.

Nah

Coach34
06-20-2023, 09:38 PM
State, UGA, and who was the 3rd school?

UGA hasnt said no yet but they will. It's 2 other SEC schools

TNDawg35
06-20-2023, 09:41 PM
UGA hasnt said no yet but they will. It's 2 other SEC schools

Well name them. If they have said no, what’s the big deal.

UGA wouldn’t even pay for a good coach. That’s the reason they ended up with Wes Johnson. Lord knows they ain’t dropping a ton of money on baseball when their football team is top priority right now… They sure as hell ARE NOT dropping 7 figures on a kid who was benched half the year…

Homedawg
06-20-2023, 09:47 PM
Well name them. If they have said no, what?s the big deal.

UGA wouldn?t even pay for a good coach. That?s the reason they ended up with Wes Johnson. Lord knows they ain?t dropping a ton of money on baseball when their football team is top priority right now? They sure as hell ARE NOT dropping 7 figures on a kid who was benched half the year?

Nobody is paying 7 figures for him. Not even close. But that was the ask. .... rightfully we passed. W that said once we pass, we are at a disadvantage, we could I said could matche or be better than his best offer but by then he's mad at us. ... odds of him returning here are about zero wo something crazy happening

tribaldawg
06-20-2023, 09:47 PM
His roomie talked him into coming with him.

With roomies like that who needs enemies. Can?t imagine playing for State then going to Georgia to play in front of 1/4 of the crowd with an atmosphere that rivals a college tennis match.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2023, 09:54 PM
It's not just the people mentioned here either

confucius say
06-20-2023, 10:14 PM
Let's just let it play out. There is at least some communication now.

AlSwearengen
06-20-2023, 10:39 PM
Let's just let it play out. There is at least some communication now.

Yeah. This is weird as hell. If he isn’t happy at State, he should probably find someplace else. But, he shouldn’t leave b/c his friend is unhappy or was asked to leave.

Someone close to him should be able to see what is going on and that people are trying to use him.

He has tons of upside but he hit 310 or so with 10 hrs. The fans like him and are willing to pay him well but he has to be realistic about the amount. He got paid to enter the portal so that is a bonus. Sucks that there is so much drama in college baseball.

Cowbell
06-20-2023, 10:54 PM
Yeah. This is weird as hell. If he isn?t happy at State, he should probably find someplace else. But, he shouldn?t leave b/c his friend is unhappy or was asked to leave.

Someone close to him should be able to see what is going on and that people are trying to use him.

He has tons of upside but he hit 310 or so with 10 hrs. The fans like him and are willing to pay him well but he has to be realistic about the amount. He got paid to enter the portal so that is a bonus. Sucks that there is so much drama in college baseball.

Arizona outfielder just entered the portal that batted .360 with 10 hrs and +1.0 OPS. He's replaceable if he wants to be.

EdwardDrayton
06-20-2023, 11:10 PM
Hang tight folks. Just a feeling this saga hasn't fully played out yet.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-21-2023, 05:38 AM

I hope on our end it has. F him. Our program doesn't have time to rehab and coddle utter delusion like asking for 7 figures. We should refuse to take him back, send a message to the team that if we're serious about putting State first

Leeshouldveflanked
06-21-2023, 06:50 AM
Alford had the appearance of being a bad apple all season long. An .835 fielding percentage and a .248 batting average isnt what you should be getting with all the Drama that came with it.

Cooterpoot
06-21-2023, 07:12 AM

It's played out on our end. He's talking to a couple schools still, but he's not coming back to State.

confucius say
06-21-2023, 07:21 AM
It's played out on our end. He's talking to a couple schools still, but he's not coming back to State.

I'm not willing to say that yet. Odds are against it, but we'll see

confucius say
06-21-2023, 07:23 AM
I hope on our end it has. F him. Our program doesn't have time to rehab and coddle utter delusion like asking for 7 figures. We should refuse to take him back, send a message to the team that if we're serious about putting State first

In his defense, it wasn't him. It was his handler who basically said shutup, I'm handling this. Dakota needs to be mature enough to handle his own affairs, but he's never had to do that in his life. He's working through it. Let's just let it play out.

BeardoMSU
06-21-2023, 09:09 AM
https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/1671519744107659267?t=5GDcggzV0uBXRnxIRzpEpg&s=19

Cooterpoot
06-21-2023, 09:23 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/N0VwYxny/IMG-4803.jpg

Cooterpoot
06-21-2023, 09:23 AM
Some days it's good to be WRONG

Gutter Cobreh
06-21-2023, 09:39 AM
https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/1671519744107659267?t=5GDcggzV0uBXRnxIRzpEpg&s=19

Someone please tell me that we didn't come close to paying his asking price...

Happy to see he's returning and don't begrudge him testing the waters... but if we paid him close to what was referenced here - we overpaid...

confucius say
06-21-2023, 09:41 AM
In his defense, it wasn't him. It was his handler who basically said shutup, I'm handling this. Dakota needs to be mature enough to handle his own affairs, but he's never had to do that in his life. He's working through it. Let's just let it play out.

Like I said. He was working through it. That's why you let it play out.

confucius say
06-21-2023, 09:41 AM
Someone please tell me that we didn't come close to paying his asking price...

Happy to see he's returning and don't begrudge him testing the waters... but if we paid him close to what was referenced here - we overpaid...

We didn't.

DownwardDawg
06-21-2023, 09:49 AM
This is great news of true.

Cooterpoot
06-21-2023, 09:51 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/5N8m5qWw/IMG-4807.jpg

TStationDawg
06-21-2023, 09:55 AM
It's not just the people mentioned here either

Not following this- other involved in getting him to leave?? or others who are going to do the same thing??

msstate7
06-21-2023, 07:19 PM
Huge.