PDA

View Full Version : I've heard tell... (WF PC)

SaintDawg
06-18-2023, 06:12 PM
Corey Mascara. Don't murder me. Anyone else heard this?

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 06:16 PM
Would be an incredible hire but can not imagine why he would take our job. A lateral move from a CWS team to a lame duck coach with two abysmal seasons. Hard to imagine.

SPMT
06-18-2023, 06:17 PM
I will take back any bad comments regarding the search. It will show we are legit still. Wake Forest isn’t Vandy. Much better shot for money, winning and future here.

msstate7
06-18-2023, 06:17 PM
Would be an incredible hire but can not imagine why he would take our job. A lateral move from a CWS team to a lame duck coach with two abysmal seasons. Hard to imagine.

WF is much better this season, but lateral? Nah

SaintDawg
06-18-2023, 06:19 PM
Excuse me... Muscara. I misspelled his last name.

SPMT
06-18-2023, 06:20 PM

As a program and history we are years beyond WF.

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 06:21 PM
WF is much better this season, but lateral? Nah

Pitching coach to pitching coach

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 06:23 PM
As a program and history we are years beyond WF.

It's pitching coach to pitching coach. It's not a promotion.

msstate7
06-18-2023, 06:24 PM
Pitching coach to pitching coach

Gotcha

Saltydog
06-18-2023, 06:41 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. . . . .

DEDawg
06-18-2023, 06:50 PM
It's pitching coach to pitching coach. It's not a promotion.

It is 100% a promotion. Doubling your salary + being in a higher visibility conference with better head coaching exit ops

Cowbell
06-18-2023, 07:06 PM
It is 100% a promotion. Doubling your salary + being in a higher visibility conference with better head coaching exit ops

This is true

Cowbell
06-18-2023, 07:07 PM

At this point, this is the only good excuse lemonis has left

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 07:43 PM

You're doing the same job for more money. You are not adding any different job responsibilities/experience to your resume. It most certainly is not a promotion. It's the same job in a different location. He would be better served taking a head coaching job. Unless he prefers to remain a career pitching coach and just wants to make more money.

But then he runs the risk of Lemo getting canned and being out of a job before the seat gets warm.

CaptainObvious
06-18-2023, 07:57 PM
You're doing the same job for more money. You are not adding any different job responsibilities/experience to your resume. It most certainly is not a promotion. It's the same job in a different location. He would be better served taking a head coaching job. Unless he prefers to remain a career pitching coach and just wants to make more money.

But then he runs the risk of Lemo getting canned and being out of a job before the seat gets warm.

This is more than a risk. Lemon gets canned mid-season if he trots the same lineup and pitching staff out to a 1-8 or 2-7 SEC start next year. If that happens, Muscara or whoever the Defensive Coordinator/PC is next year May ascend to interim Head Coach. That would definitely be a resume builder or Resume destroyer depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2023, 08:05 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/rmqdsKpr/IMG-4754.jpg

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 08:08 PM
This is more than a risk. Lemon gets canned mid-season if he trots the same lineup and pitching staff out to a 1-8 or 2-7 SEC start next year. If that happens, Muscara or whoever the Defensive Coordinator/PC is next year May ascend to interim Head Coach. That would definitely be a resume builder or Resume destroyer depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

Hard to imagine we would promise a pitching coach on the front end that he becomes HC if Lemo gets canned. Or that he's promised he will be retained as the pitching coach no matter who the HC that gets hired after Lemo. And if we make that promise and a new head coach inherits a PC, good luck with us being able to hire a HC anywhere but from the high school ranks.

TNDawg35
06-18-2023, 08:13 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/rmqdsKpr/IMG-4754.jpg

Did we get him??!!

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 08:27 PM
Sure hope we're not getting used by folks to increase their salary where they are. Because unfortunately that makes more sense than most everything else.

DownwardDawg
06-18-2023, 08:32 PM
Did we get him??!!

I don't know anything but I seriously doubt it. He's coaching in the winners bracket of the CWS. He cant afford to let that get out if true. Someone most like started this. These things don't work out for us.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2023, 08:43 PM
I don't know anything but I seriously doubt it. He's coaching in the winners bracket of the CWS. He cant afford to let that get out if true. Someone most like started this. These things don't work out for us.

That's Justin Parker. He's the guy.

BigDawg81
06-18-2023, 08:47 PM
I don't know anything but I seriously doubt it. He's coaching in the winners bracket of the CWS. He cant afford to let that get out if true. Someone most like started this. These things don't work out for us. That is South Carolina PC

WSOPdawg
06-18-2023, 08:53 PM

Definitely agree.

DownwardDawg
06-18-2023, 09:03 PM

Like I said, I don't know anything. Lol

BigDawg81
06-18-2023, 09:05 PM
It?s going around on Twitter too. Unless it is you that is starting the rumor on twitter. Haha

confucius say
06-18-2023, 09:10 PM
Did we get him??!!

Some positive vibes. Feel good about it.

Cooterpoot
06-18-2023, 09:12 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/26GpHjt3/IMG-4762.jpg

confucius say
06-18-2023, 09:15 PM

Good. Like I said. Triple his salary and make him and his wife say no to 600k a year.

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 09:19 PM

I mean, that's the only thing that makes sense, that it's for the money. Like stupid money/terms that SC is not willing to match.

confucius say
06-18-2023, 09:33 PM
I mean, that's the only thing that makes sense, that it's for the money. Like stupid money/terms that SC is not willing to match.

That's been our leverage point. I said it two days ago. USCe is spending over 4 million a year on its WBB coaching staff and 1 million on its baseball staff. They are limited money wise. Exploit it.

Saltydog
06-18-2023, 09:34 PM

Agreed. Not saying it's solely based on that but I'm sure that's a huge factor if he is indeed the guy.

AlSwearengen
06-18-2023, 10:04 PM
Apparently, SC’s 247 board is reporting that they will be looking for a PC. Glad to finally have this done if it is indeed done. At this point, I’m not sure until i see him sitting on a bucket in the dugout with his M over S cap on.

confucius say
06-18-2023, 10:16 PM
If we can finalize this, it's a fantastic hire considering the circumstances. Great job lemonis

Homedawg
06-18-2023, 10:24 PM

Hahahahah

CaptainObvious
06-18-2023, 10:35 PM
Has Bert Stare came on and said he can neither confirm nor deny the reports that Parker has been hired? I need his creditable and definitive assurance before I believe anything related to State athletics.

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 11:05 PM
If we can finalize this, it's a fantastic hire considering the circumstances. Great job lemonis

We may want to see the terms of the deal before we get effusive with our acclaim.

Todd4State
06-19-2023, 01:22 AM
That's been our leverage point. I said it two days ago. USCe is spending over 4 million a year on its WBB coaching staff and 1 million on its baseball staff. They are limited money wise. Exploit it.

Nailed it!

Todd4State
06-19-2023, 01:22 AM
Apparently, SC’s 247 board is reporting that they will be looking for a PC. Glad to finally have this done if it is indeed done. At this point, I’m not sure until i see him sitting on a bucket in the dugout with his M over S cap on.

I'm the same way. It's not over until it's over.

basedog
06-19-2023, 06:15 AM
I hope Parker has agreed although I think we most likely over-paid. But we are overpaying Lemonis, I hope all go well next spring for our baseball program. It really doesn't matter what I think and many others on keeping him. I just want to see us get back to being one of the better programs again, like soon!

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-19-2023, 06:22 AM
Maybe we're hiring BOTH Muscara AND Parker to have the best coached pitching g staff in the country. #8Dchess

basedog
06-19-2023, 06:27 AM

I think I recognize that vehicle, it was the same one driving Haire around Stark Vegas a month ago, be careful Bert Stare, with all that money we are paying Parker, I hope you get a nice tip* LOL

confucius say
06-19-2023, 07:10 AM
We may want to see the terms of the deal before we get effusive with our acclaim.

Grand slam hire considering our situation. A sitting sec PC with a top 3 staff in the league. I don't care how much we paid him.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-19-2023, 07:25 AM
Grand slam hire considering our situation. A sitting sec PC with a top 3 staff in the league. I don't care how much we paid him.

I don't think the salary (400k vs 600k etc) is what anyone is worried about, were worried about that "multi year fully guaranteed contract" we were rumored to be offering.

Overpaying for a good PC is fine. Getting stuck with 1.2m in buyout for said PC gets problematic: say lemonis sucks again and we want to fire him. We now have to pay a huge buyout for a PC, OR force a new HC to keep Parker (a huge turnoff as most HCs want their guys) OR keep Lemo another year. It just complicates things next year when the inevitable needs to happen.

BUT, I LOVE the hire. He's the best PC we could get in the situation.

Now it's time to HIT THE PORTAL! A lot of ground to make up on our opponents and its realistically not all going to happen with player development alone.

SaintDawg
06-19-2023, 09:51 AM
I must say this was some of the best back and forth discussion I've seen on the board in a while. No arguing or name-calling; just good old fashioned debate and conversation that ended in positive results. Welcome to State, Justin Parker!