PDA

View Full Version : And another round of severe weather tomorrow.

starkvegasdawg
06-17-2023, 12:54 PM
Large hail and strong winds are again the main threat. Sooner or later the pattern will flip and it'll be 98 with a heat index of 112. But until then...

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody2.png?1687023304

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody2_TORN.png?1687023485

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody2_WIND.png?1687023545

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody2_HAIL.png?1687023662

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2023, 02:47 PM
Man my house can?t take much more of this

confucius say
06-17-2023, 02:55 PM
34 hours and counting without power. Don't need anymore

State82
06-17-2023, 04:40 PM

That is freaking brutal! Where?

confucius say
06-17-2023, 05:04 PM
That is freaking brutal! Where?

36 now. Gluckstadt.

civildawg
06-17-2023, 05:21 PM
Dang I'm in gluckstadt and our power never dropped.

HepMe
06-17-2023, 05:35 PM
How big an area is affected by this outage?

basedog
06-17-2023, 05:50 PM

Kohler 20KW is your friend.

confucius say
06-17-2023, 07:39 PM
Kohler 20KW is your friend.

We got it back at 530.
But yes, the house we are building now will have a generator

Bothrops
06-17-2023, 07:47 PM
Man this hail and wind is stressful

basedog
06-17-2023, 08:09 PM
We got it back at 530.
But yes, the house we are building now will have a generator

Get a Kohler, you will thank me later.

Commercecomet24
06-17-2023, 08:13 PM
Man my house can?t take much more of this

Amen to that!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-17-2023, 08:39 PM
Get a Kohler, you will thank me later.

Are you running diesel or propane? Heard issues of running it when propane dips below 20%.

basedog
06-17-2023, 09:30 PM
Are you running diesel or propane? Heard issues of running it when propane dips below 20%.

Propane. My house uses propane No issues at all. I use to do logistics for restorations for utilities all over the country. We set up staging sites for crews, much like a military camp where we fed, slept, washed, shower, fuel trucks and much more. I can tell you you can’t beat Koehler gens.

Mjoelner34
06-18-2023, 01:12 PM
Propane. My house uses propane No issues at all.

https://gifdb.com/images/high/hank-hill-king-of-the-hill-he-got-money-e8mpp5d69cp8bjs3.gif

parabrave
06-18-2023, 02:18 PM
After the last Hurricane on the Coast, Zeta, my sister and neighbors had propane generators, Generiacs. It was great until the Tank went out and The truck couldn't get to out neighborhood because of all the trees down and the power lines and poles blocking the roads. Natural Gas is always running, if you can get it/

ArrowDawg
06-18-2023, 04:16 PM
I just went 51 hours without power. I think I lost 10 pounds of sweat. The damage near my house was devastating from the early Friday morning storms. They sounded all the sirens as the storms came through, even though there was no tornado. It was that bad. We had a similar event in March, but this was worse. I just can't take anymore of this. This last week has been insane, and here we go again tonight

yjnkdawg
06-19-2023, 11:33 PM
The Weather Channel, and Fox Weather are a joke as for as severe weather coverage goes. Neither had any severe weather coverage that I am aware of last night. Also this thing about local TV stations aren't allowed to broadcast severe weather coverage unless there is a tornado is stupid. It should be based upon the severity of the severe weather situation, but some people just can't miss some of their precious regularly scheduled programs. :rolleyes: My source was basically RadarScope Pro on my phone until a tornado warning was issued and the local TV Meteorologists came on the air. I think I may download the RadarOmega App too.

parabrave
06-20-2023, 12:35 AM
The Weather Channel, and Fox Weather are a joke as for as severe weather coverage goes. Neither had any severe weather coverage that I am aware of last night. Also this thing about local TV stations aren't allowed to broadcast severe weather coverage unless there is a tornado is stupid. It should be based upon the severity of the severe weather situation, but some people just can't miss some of their precious regularly scheduled programs. :rolleyes: My source was basically RadarScope Pro on my phone until a tornado warning was issued and the local TV Meteorologists came on the air. I think I may download the RadarOmega App too.

Yjnkdawg For the best coverage you have to go to YouTube/ There are a few live streamers who will keep you informed better than every forecaster/ Check your PM.

starkvegasdawg
06-20-2023, 02:00 AM

I'll also shamelessly plug our patreon and Facebook sites. On our subscription patreon account you'll get detailed breakdowns of severe weather on the days leading up to it, plus access to discord that acts like a private chat between us and our subscribers where you can post questions. Then, day of the severe event, if you have our top package of $5/month you get access to any of us out chasing that are live streaming. Our Facebook site will warning information updated as close to real time as we can make it for our primary coverage area.

I would also very highly recommend a NOAA weather radio with SAME technology. In my opinion, that should be in every household.