PDA

View Full Version : Somebody talk me off the ledge...

Randolph Dupree
06-15-2023, 09:58 PM
IMO we've blown the pitching coach hire despite our "head start". UGA is building a staff, and other schools have made moves. We may get Parker but, to me, it's clear that this isn't where he wants to be. I see little or no room for hope of a hire that moves the needle. Giant Charlie-foxtrot situation from where I sit.

BeardoMSU
06-15-2023, 10:06 PM
https://youtu.be/xGav1d58Gag

MetEdDawg
06-15-2023, 10:15 PM
I don't understand how something can be blown when it's not complete yet.

We don't know who we are hiring. Y'all need to calm down and wait for us to at least hire someone. We've got plenty of time to melt in July through January about a damned pitching coach hire.

Don't waste good time in June freaking out about something that hasn't even happened yet.

Tater
06-15-2023, 10:20 PM
Melting down in June about next season's baseball team is ridiculous. Find a hobby.

BeardoMSU
06-15-2023, 10:25 PM
Melting down in June about next season's baseball team is ridiculous. Find a hobby.

But what if "melting" is the hobby?***

TNDawg35
06-15-2023, 10:42 PM
You can't fault Lemonis for actually trying to hire the best person. I'm sure we could go out and get a pitching coach right now who is subpar and everyone would blow a lid on him for it. Wait til the hire is made then blow your lid, cause some on her will regardless of who he hires.

Now Parker sounds like USCe is where he wants to be. I find no fault in him to wait and see what happens with Kingston. Like I said in another thread, call him and say what would it take for you to sign today and make it happen.

The worst part of all this is that we are missing good portal time. People are still entering, but we have got to make a hire soon so we can hop on some of the arms in it. I would go out and make Shelton an offer and then we are at a wait and see with Montgomery. That would sure up our line up to the best of our ability. That would be a dang near lethal line up if we could pull those 2. (NOT SAYING WE ARE GOING TO)

Tater
06-15-2023, 11:22 PM
But what if "melting" is the hobby?***

Some people just can't handle quiet time. It's insane.

Goldendawg
06-15-2023, 11:30 PM
IMO we've blown the pitching coach hire despite our "head start". UGA is building a staff, and other schools have made moves. We may get Parker but, to me, it's clear that this isn't where he wants to be. I see little or no room for hope of a hire that moves the needle. Giant Charlie-foxtrot situation from where I sit.

Time will certainly tell in this situation.

Lord McBuckethead
06-15-2023, 11:32 PM
The season isn?t even over yet. Calm down.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-16-2023, 06:05 AM
This is a SPORTS BOARD, what are we supposed to discuss? There's no new info on football, basketball is a ways off any nothings happening, baseball is the only sport with action or debate.

Cooterpoot
06-16-2023, 06:31 AM
This search is a microcosm of the Lemonis way.

viverlibre
06-16-2023, 06:57 AM

Parker is likely playing all sides against each to maximize this contract. That's what good agents do.

The Federalist Engineer
06-16-2023, 07:26 AM
Just jump of the ledge...

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/slcjKQ-I8ENkjcgt93CFxJdt_z4=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7544859/aim_for_the_bushes_o.gif

Until Justin Parker actually signs up and it does not look probable, this is still a disaster.

USC has a baseball AD, he is not going to lose a pitching coach - if he likes the pitching coach. Ray Tanner is not idiot like Cohen, so he won't be making ridiculous mistakes. He won't be losing a head coach he likes to Miami either.

Kingston makes 600, so he has room to give him a raise, if he likes him.

We won't know about the portal, so maybe something great is happening. This will unfold in the next 30 days or so.

Santiago
06-16-2023, 08:05 AM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/slcjKQ-I8ENkjcgt93CFxJdt_z4=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7544859/aim_for_the_bushes_o.gif

Until Justin Parker actually signs up and it does not look probable, this is still a disaster.

USC has a baseball AD, he is not going to lose a pitching coach - if he likes the pitching coach. Ray Tanner is not idiot like Cohen, so he won't be making ridiculous mistakes. He won't be losing a head coach he likes to Miami either.

We won't know about the portal, so maybe something great is happening. This will unfold in the next 30 days or so.

That USCe AD, is giving more to WBB than the baseball staff, and his HC is looking for another job.

BuckyIsAB****
06-16-2023, 08:08 AM
By keeping Lemonis we will see what Moorhead would have been like had Willie Gay not punched Shrader in the face

BigDawg81
06-16-2023, 08:13 AM

South Carolina isn?t committed to be baseball like they used to be. Miami and State will outbid them if it was only about the dollar. It?s all about if Kingston goes to Miami.

basedog
06-16-2023, 08:47 AM
It takes a long time to answer the phone with 1,000 calls*. Surely we can understand*

Btw, I don't think Kingston is #1 for Miami.

Cowbell
06-16-2023, 08:50 AM
By keeping Lemonis we will see what Moorhead would have been like had Willie Gay not punched Shrader in the face
I forget Willie saved our program from complete destruction

confucius say
06-16-2023, 09:10 AM
That USCe AD, is giving more to WBB than the baseball staff, and his HC is looking for another job.

WBB coach makes over 3 million. Baseball coach makes 600k.
WBB staff makes almost 5 million. Baseball makes 1 million roughly.
A lot of the money USCe had that could be attributed to baseball is now on WBB.

I also do not believe Kingston is Miami's first choice.

The Federalist Engineer
06-16-2023, 10:47 AM
WBB coach makes over 3 million. Baseball coach makes 600k.
WBB staff makes almost 5 million. Baseball makes 1 million roughly.
A lot of the money USCe had that could be attributed to baseball is now on WBB.

I also do not believe Kingston is Miami's first choice.

Are you assuming a zero sum game. Like they only have 3.6M to give.

Seems like the counter point to this could be that WBB has become a Championship Dynasty and baseball has not been winning recently. So you don't have a reason to be paying Kingston top dollar among Collegiate Baseball Coaches. He has not even made Omaha yet, but does have 3 Supers.

We will soon see how this plays out. Looks like Miami is the key domino.

It feels like MSU is losing all the benefits of recruiting while the better teams play in regionals? Especially when the root-cause of the problems is pitching. We will soon see how this plays out too, in the next 30 days.

HepMe
06-16-2023, 11:27 AM
My last conversation with Coach Lem (3 weeks ago) convinced me we will get an outstanding pitching coach and will get the program turned around. He fully understands his situation.

sandjunky
06-16-2023, 11:45 AM

No reason to be on the ledge - it?s only been about 50days since the opening

confucius say
06-16-2023, 02:04 PM
Are you assuming a zero sum game. Like they only have 3.6M to give.

Seems like the counter point to this could be that WBB has become a Championship Dynasty and baseball has not been winning recently. So you don't have a reason to be paying Kingston top dollar among Collegiate Baseball Coaches. He has not even made Omaha yet, but does have 3 Supers.

We will soon see how this plays out. Looks like Miami is the key domino.

It feels like MSU is losing all the benefits of recruiting while the better teams play in regionals? Especially when the root-cause of the problems is pitching. We will soon see how this plays out too, in the next 30 days.

I'm saying they only have a certain amount of money and are committed to spending 4-5 times more on WBB than baseball. Kingston will get a raise, so will Parker, but nowhere close to what we will can pay.

Point is that Tanner being the AD won't keep their baseball coaches there if said coaches want to leave, and USCe is not committed to spending anything close on baseball as we are.

BuckyIsAB****
06-16-2023, 02:44 PM
I forget Willie saved our program from complete destruction

Moorhead and Lemon beating OM is too much for Keenum to pull the trigger unless it is a moral embarrassment

Tater
06-16-2023, 03:48 PM
This is a SPORTS BOARD, what are we supposed to discuss? There's no new info on football, basketball is a ways off any nothings happening, baseball is the only sport with action or debate.

Difference between discussion and melt / ledge jumping.