PDA

View Full Version : Why being the PC here is valuable...

Cowbell
06-15-2023, 09:20 AM
When we hire a new PC, one of two things will happen:
1) He comes in and helps turn things around in 1-2 years and he will be instantly looked at as the difference maker. Automatic springboard to a good HC position within two years.
2) He comes in and can't overcome the brutal SEC and Lemonis coaching and the staff is fired after 1 year possibly 2. It sounds like we are going to offer multiple years and so the guy will be drawing two checks after he is let go. With the check from us being top 5 money at the position.

I mean, it's not a terrible situation....

Cowbell
06-15-2023, 09:23 AM
Also, lemonis ain't an idiot. The longer tenure he can offer a PC, the more leverage he has not to be fired after next season.

MrCoachKlein
06-15-2023, 10:01 AM
Maybe you also get to hire someone who wouldn't normally take this job knowing Lemon is probably out next year and the new PC has the inside track on the HC job.

IMO we should've canned Lemon and let the new HC pick his pitching coach. I think this will bite us in that no one wants to be a 1 year rental on a sinking ship.

KOdawg1
06-15-2023, 10:05 AM
Also, lemonis ain't an idiot. The longer tenure he can offer a PC, the more leverage he has not to be fired after next season.
Ehh, if we have a bad season next year, he's getting fired. Lemonis knows it. Selmon knows it. Everybody knows it. He has no leverage moving forward.

The multi year deal is for the pitching coach's security. He'll be well taken care regardless of what happens with Lem

The Federalist Engineer
06-15-2023, 10:17 AM
Ehh, if we have a bad season next year, he's getting fired. Lemonis knows it. Selmon knows it. Everybody knows it. He has no leverage moving forward.

The multi year deal is for the pitching coach's security. He'll be well taken care regardless of what happens with Lem

It's hosting or Fired next year. For Lemons.

There is even a chance that he does not get 30 SEC games. If MSU is 5-10 at the midway. Then Goat takes over. With the PC and Cheese, they can steer the ship. MSU did it in 2018 and Bama in 2023.

KOdawg1
06-15-2023, 10:24 AM

There is even a chance that he does not get 30 SEC games. If MSU is 5-10 at the midway. Then Goat takes over. With the PC and Cheese, they can steer the ship. MSU did it in 2018 and Bama in 2023.

I agree that the expectation should be to host, but are we gonna fire a guy who makes the tournament as a 2 seed? I don't think so.

Sure, with our resources and support plus us coming off two straight awful seasons, we should still be disappointed that we're not back at the top.

But if we don't fire the guy after those 2 awful seasons, are we really gonna fire him for making the tournament? I don't see it.

smootness
06-15-2023, 10:42 AM

Neither one of those was a normal situation. They were not fired for performance.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-15-2023, 10:55 AM
The issue with offering a multi year guaranteed contract to a PC is that if we want to fire Lemo, a lot of HC candidates will be turned off at having to inherit an assistant. Especially if our PC isn't doing so hot.

And if you say "well we'd fire the PC too if HC candidatesdont like it" then that gets into buyout being high and counters the very reason we didn't fire Lemo this season, the high buyout.

SPMT
06-15-2023, 01:59 PM
The issue with offering a multi year guaranteed contract to a PC is that if we want to fire Lemo, a lot of HC candidates will be turned off at having to inherit an assistant. Especially if our PC isn't doing so hot.

And if you say "well we'd fire the PC too if HC candidatesdont like it" then that gets into buyout being high and counters the very reason we didn't fire Lemo this season, the high buyout.

The lack of a PC and lack of transfers is extremely concerning

Cowbell
06-15-2023, 02:16 PM
The lack of a PC and lack of transfers is extremely concerning

Three weeks of nothingness.

basedog
06-15-2023, 02:42 PM
What a sad situation, all this could have been avoided and should have been avoided.

When does basketball start*

confucius say
06-15-2023, 03:41 PM
Three weeks of nothingness.

Agree having a four week head start. We're at almost 7 weeks total

civildawg
06-15-2023, 04:58 PM
I'm of the opinion that you can still fire Lemonis here in a week or two and still go get a better coach

Cowbell
06-15-2023, 05:18 PM
I'm of the opinion that you can still fire Lemonis here in a week or two and still go get a better coach

That's how I feel. Moorhead 2.0

bulldogcountry1
06-15-2023, 05:38 PM
If the current staff had a 3MM buyout, we dang well better not create a situation where the buyout is anywhere close to that next season.

confucius say
06-15-2023, 06:05 PM
If the current staff had a 3MM buyout, we dang well better not create a situation where the buyout is anywhere close to that next season.

Closer to 6 than 3.
Will be 3 next year.
And that doesn't count buying out the contracts of the staff you hire at their current school.

Cowbell
06-15-2023, 06:31 PM
Closer to 6 than 3.
Will be 3 next year.
And that doesn't count buying out the contracts of the staff you hire at their current school.

I'm no financial guru, but I'm gonna tell you that the time value of money would be best explained by a song that goes "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold em"....

Todd4State
06-15-2023, 06:37 PM

Even in that scenario we would have saved a significant amount of buyout money.

Pancho
06-15-2023, 06:56 PM
We'll be in the same type situation by mid april if someone doesn't help the bucket guy

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-15-2023, 07:10 PM
Even in that scenario we would have saved a significant amount of buyout money.

Probably, that's fair.

But it's still counterproductive to saving money. If we say "were going to save money by keeping lemonis another year" is 2 steps forward financially, then "because nobody wants to work with Lemonis we have to overpay for a mediocre PC and guarantee 3 years of pay" is 1 step back. We may still be 1 step ahead financially bit it doesn't seem very effective.

Big picture, if all we care about is saving money, let everyone coach till theor contract expires then replace them with HS coaches. I understand money has to be managed but punting an entire year in our 2nd biggest sport seems like a bad way to do it

Todd4State
06-16-2023, 12:02 PM
Probably, that's fair.

But it's still counterproductive to saving money. If we say "were going to save money by keeping lemonis another year" is 2 steps forward financially, then "because nobody wants to work with Lemonis we have to overpay for a mediocre PC and guarantee 3 years of pay" is 1 step back. We may still be 1 step ahead financially bit it doesn't seem very effective.

Big picture, if all we care about is saving money, let everyone coach till theor contract expires then replace them with HS coaches. I understand money has to be managed but punting an entire year in our 2nd biggest sport seems like a bad way to do it

Lemonis isn't being brought back to just save money.

Just as much of it is perception for his replacement should we have to fire him.

It also allows us to bring in another really good class to Starkville.

People may not like it but in the big picture we are making the right move.

sandjunky
06-16-2023, 12:36 PM

Just as much of it is perception for his replacement should we have to fire him.

Agree to Disagree

Cowbell
06-16-2023, 12:47 PM

Nobody actually knows it we are making the right move

Pancho
06-16-2023, 03:33 PM
any decent potential wanna be HC knows where the issue lies. heck, I'd rather have Will Coggin than the bucket guy who can't find a PC to work for him.

Homedawg
06-16-2023, 04:21 PM
any decent potential wanna be HC knows where the issue lies. heck, I'd rather have Will Coggin than the bucket guy who can't find a PC to work for him.

Will coggin???? Hahahah. I lmao when ga hired him. Not a fan. He was perfect for mingone. Both weirdos

Todd4State
06-17-2023, 01:38 AM
Nobody actually knows it we are making the right move

We're definitely making the one that gives us the best chance to succeed long term.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-17-2023, 07:12 AM
We're definitely making the one that gives us the best chance to succeed long term.

That is pure speculation.

You are the one holding to the idea that no good coach would come here if we fired Lemonis after year 5 and 2 straight awful seasons, but we could get a good coach after year 6 and 3 awful seasons. That is pure speculation and you know it.

Pancho
06-17-2023, 07:12 AM
Will coggin???? Hahahah. I lmao when ga hired him. Not a fan. He was perfect for mingone. Both weirdos

i've known him since he was a kid and he's paid his dues and come up the coaching ladder on his own. He's got 19 times the fire the bucket guy does and knows how to eval and recruit too.

Todd4State
06-18-2023, 12:07 AM
That is pure speculation.

You are the one holding to the idea that no good coach would come here if we fired Lemonis after year 5 and 2 straight awful seasons, but we could get a good coach after year 6 and 3 awful seasons. That is pure speculation and you know it.

It's about managing risk. You just don't like it because you want change NOW. Sometimes firing a coach immediately is the answer. Sometimes it isn't. In this case it isn't. What you want to do has a greater potential of us going into a 3-4 year rebuild while my way might at worst give us one bad season- if that. And your way would cost MSU millions more. There is a very good reason why the decisions makers at MSU agree with me and not you.

I've grown up around the game and have met and had discussions with several coaches at all levels from high school to MLB. They're different personality types than say football. They tend to value different things. Coaches want to win. But many of them are fine being a Scott Berry type where they won't win a National Championship somewhere but they can win other championships and be respected, liked, and be somewhere that their family is comfortable and it's stable. MSU quite frankly has higher standards that most places in the college baseball world. Winning the conference is good and winning the conference tournament is good but the goal is always a National Championship.

Firing a coach two years removed from a National Championship would be concerning to most coaches because of what I said above. A third year after we allowed him to change pitching coaches- that's a lot more palatable. Coaches need to be shown that MSU will give them a chance to make changes when things aren't going well.

I would venture to guess that the best we could do would be to get someone like Paul Manieri if we fired Lemonis now. I don't think very many would be thrilled with that. And we would be competing with Miami for him too.

As it is- it looks like Justin Haire will still be at Campbell- after turning down Georgia. So he will likely still be in play.

Pancho
06-18-2023, 09:26 AM
I say find a guy with some balls who has that fire and at least comes off as someone who knows what needs to be done differently. Oh wait, if he knew, would it be in the shape it is currently? Some people simply have that IT factor when it comes to facing a challenge head on. I too know coaches and players from high school to ex major league guys and they all pretty much to a TEE will tell you that MSU( lead by lemo) is the current laughing stock of the spin rate, analytics and overall evaluation models that are out there currently. Cohen hired us a mid level coach and now that all the players that he had no hand in recruiting are gone and we have the mid level results which are only natural and expected. Going back to what I've mentioned here, I know of no coach at any level who after as many years being a coach as Lemo has who was able to do a 180 and all of a sudden know and understand things that he never has prior. It's just not there. The SEC is going to be more of a grind in baseball with the expansion. I hope folks are satisfied with a finish of anywhere from 12th to 16th annually. I hope I am wrong but I highly doubt it for the reasons I have stated.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-18-2023, 10:35 AM
What happened to this Todd? It's a complete 180 from being pissed at our #14th placed team and "wanting State baseball back" to a year later after finishing #13 saying basically "well you're just shortsited if you want Lemo gone, and if we get a decent PC we can even make a regional next year! That will prove you Lemo haters wrong!"

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?90819-Baseball-Team-is-Freaking-Embarrassing&highlight=baseball

Just a disgrace to the game all around.

1. Our guys need to get their head out of their ass. From coaches on down.

2. You win a National Title and know everyone is going to come after us and you put that bullshit hitting approach out there? Really? WTF? Throw in some mental errors and a ton of walks too while we're at it boys. Good job. Not going to hit much taking fastballs and swinging at sliders out of the zone at any level. Been like this the whole ****ing year. I bet Tulane's pitchers are looking forward to having the ****ing game of their lives this weekend because even the shittiest pitcher on a SWAC team can get people out like that. See yesterday as exhibit A.

3. Speaking of having our heads up our ass this team likely has no leadoff hitter. Which is pretty big ****ing problem because we're living and dying with Earl Weaver ball right now and so far we have done a hell of a lot more dying than living. Rowdey and TA had some power but this team doesn't have anyone that even gets on base consistently. Like those two or a Mangum. Therefore it's all long ball or nothing. For some reason we have gotten away from having a couple of guys that just get on base and have some speed to cause things to happen. Could be a stolen base, could be taking an extra base, could be laying down a drag bunt. As it is we have an all or nothing bullshit approach that lacks toughness and even if we hit it out odds are it's a solo shot since the other hitters have likely struck out. And we won't even try the guy we recruited to be the leadoff hitter in Jess Davis. Not saying he's the answer but we won't find out if we don't give him a chance.

4. Gautreau needs to stop treating these players like pro hitters in the minors and start treating them like college kids that don't know what the hell they're doing. I'd be absolutely livid if I was in Lemonis's shoes if I see my team strike out the same way over and over again while our hitting coach just sits on his ass waiting for SEC play to start to go to work. ****ing stupid. Maybe since we're playing his alma mater this weekend he'll maybe at least try to make an adjustment or two a couple of weeks sooner.

5. 7 walks and 2 WP's with only 5 K's. We should NEVER have a stat line where we have more walks than K's. Oh yeah- we hit a guy too. Foxhall needs to find some guys with a sack that will attack the zone instead of just giving away AB's. We only allowed seven hits which isn't that bad. Of course it's hard to pitches that aren't strikes. Thank you Mikey Tepper and Brooks Auger for showing some balls. Maybe that will rub off on some others.

6. This team may make a regional. Whatever happens it's not going to be up to MSU standard. I've seen this team play before and they just don't have "it". We look like one of Polk's teams in the mid 2000's.

7. Hey Lemonis or Cohen or whoever makes our schedule- rule number one don't schedule a two game midweek when you play USM or Ole Miss. That's just ****ing dumb. Instead of coming into this game off of a big offensive day we have to play Grambling's junkball guy who of course we made look like RA Dickey his Cy Young year and shot any momentum we had. If you are going to schedule a two game midweek at least play the SWAC team on Weds.

I'm pissed off. This isn't MSU baseball. And I want MSU baseball back.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-18-2023, 11:21 AM
It's about managing risk. You just don't like it because you want change NOW. Sometimes firing a coach immediately is the answer. Sometimes it isn't. In this case it isn't. What you want to do has a greater potential of us going into a 3-4 year rebuild while my way might at worst give us one bad season- if that. And your way would cost MSU millions more. There is a very good reason why the decisions makers at MSU agree with me and not you.

Fair point on the "your way would cost MSU millions", the buyout is higher this year so you're correct on that. None of the rest of your points hold water.

"3-4 year rebuild": 1) we have missed Hoover 2x years so I'd argue the program is going into a hole and it's going to get worse the longer we keep a bad HC. 2) replacing Lemo only leads to a rebuild if the next HC sucks. You can state over and over that we can't possible hire a good HC this season but it's not true. Haire would come here as 1 example.

"the decision makers agree with me" yeah because those decision makers want to keep their $6M in buyout money and (supposedly per rumors) Selmon doesn't want to do his job. Neither of those are based on the baseball program itself being better if we keep Lemo.

"my way will lead to 1 bad season- if that" bud Lemo has given us 2 straight awful seasons. You are the one being blindly optimistic for implying he'll give us a good one next year. And you act like 3 straight years of bad doesn't harm the program- kids that will make it campus 3 years from now are committing TODAY, watching us miss Hoover is not good for recruitment. They need to see signs hings are going to get better and letting Lemo suck a 3rd straight year isn't it. We are digging ourselves into a hole.

I've grown up around the game and have met and had discussions with several coaches at all levels from high school to MLB.

Ahh yes, the "believe me because I'm an expert" argument style, aka the appeal to Authority logical fallacy for when you can't out reason your opponent. OK, then lets use said experts own words:

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?96177-Polk-III&highlight=baseball

For me- it's the way we're losing.

This isn't us firing a coach after four reasonably close games. This is a 15 game losing streak and counting with some of the worst losses in school history.

If Alabama was losing to people 56-7 a couple of years after a title and missing bowls what do you think they would do?

I've been watching MSU baseball since 1985 and have had family involved in it for long time before I was born.

This is as bad as it has ever been honestly- just complete non-competitive ass kickings.

There is a lot of pride in MSU baseball as we all know- and certain people are not going to put up with this for long if it continues. When those certain people want changes made- they usually get made. All depends on when they've had enough IMO which it sounds like it might be getting close.

I don't think Polk coming back as an interim would hurt anything at this point to be honest with you.

6 months ago you yourself were saying making Polk the interim wouldn't harm the program because of how bad we are AND that firing Lemo was justified, now you're saying the best thing for the program is to bring Lemo BACK for another full season? Which Todd4State is the expert? You today or you 6 months ago?

Firing a coach two years removed from a National Championship would be concerning to most coaches because of what I said above. A third year after we allowed him to change pitching coaches- that's a lot more palatable. Coaches need to be shown that MSU will give them a chance to make changes when things aren't going well.

Literally no coach goes "Oh man if I miss Hoover in year 4 and 5 they'll fire me! I better avoid there!". Coaches believe in themselves and expect to be ROLLING by year 5, not missing hoover. And once again let me point out you're acting like firing a coach after year 6 vs 5 is a some huge milemarker, when it isn't. And chance to "make changes"? What would you call '23 after Lemo's dead last finish in '22 if not a chance to "make changes"?

I would venture to guess that the best we could do would be to get someone like Paul Manieri if we fired Lemonis now. I don't think very many would be thrilled with that. And we would be competing with Miami for him too.

Again, 100% pure speculation.

As it is- it looks like Justin Haire will still be at Campbell- after turning down Georgia. So he will likely still be in play.

1) why should we waste another season of Lemo if we're going to end up hiring Haire anyway? 2) he turned down UGA because UGA isn't willing to invest in baseball. That doesn't mean he'd have turned us down this season, or that he will pick us over a different school next season. There may be a job opening that doesn't involve saving a program from 3 straight awful seasons, and he's prefer to take that instead.

thenewpm83
06-18-2023, 03:16 PM

This^

sandjunky
06-18-2023, 05:05 PM

No
The next coach will need many years to rebuild from this dumpster fire that Lemonis created

EdwardDrayton
06-18-2023, 08:34 PM
No way around it. Baseball has turned into a disastrously handled situation. Otherwise known as SNAFU or clusterf**k if you prefer.

Todd4State
06-19-2023, 01:16 AM
What happened to this Todd? It's a complete 180 from being pissed at our #14th placed team and "wanting State baseball back" to a year later after finishing #13 saying basically "well you're just shortsited if you want Lemo gone, and if we get a decent PC we can even make a regional next year! That will prove you Lemo haters wrong!"

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?90819-Baseball-Team-is-Freaking-Embarrassing&highlight=baseball

What happened? Nothing. I call it like I see it. Really no different now than in 2022 when that post was made. Completely different team in 2023 than 2022. Including an offense which we added speed in the offseason that year. So I guess they agreed with me. Also notice I didn't call for Lemonis to be fired at that time. Looking forward to you analyzing my posts from 2015. Should be like going through memory lane. Apparently I've made you mad enough to waste your time searching and you found a post of mine that is over a year old.

Fair point on the "your way would cost MSU millions", the buyout is higher this year so you're correct on that. None of the rest of your points hold water.

"3-4 year rebuild": 1) we have missed Hoover 2x years so I'd argue the program is going into a hole and it's going to get worse the longer we keep a bad HC. 2) replacing Lemo only leads to a rebuild if the next HC sucks. You can state over and over that we can't possible hire a good HC this season but it's not true. Haire would come here as 1 example. If we make a bad hire because we handled Lemonis incorrectly we absolutely could be facing a 3-4 year rebuild. I've never said "it's not possible" for us to hire a good head coach- but what I have said is it is less likely. Sure- we might get lucky. I'd rather give us the best chance to have the most success long term.

"the decision makers agree with me" yeah because those decision makers want to keep their $6M in buyout money and (supposedly per rumors) Selmon doesn't want to do his job. Neither of those are based on the baseball program itself being better if we keep Lemo. Not just the buyout- they have to help pay the new staff too and then there's the potential to have to buyout the next staff if they don't work out either. And then there is that NIL thing that they contribute to. Which would affect all sports at MSU. Bottom line is you don't know or understand what you're talking about and are yes short sighted which you just proved with this quote. So 6 million is just the tip of the ice berg.

"my way will lead to 1 bad season- if that" bud Lemo has given us 2 straight awful seasons. You are the one being blindly optimistic for implying he'll give us a good one next year. And you act like 3 straight years of bad doesn't harm the program- kids that will make it campus 3 years from now are committing TODAY, watching us miss Hoover is not good for recruitment. They need to see signs hings are going to get better and letting Lemo suck a 3rd straight year isn't it. We are digging ourselves into a hole. You don't know how baseball recruiting works. You talk about getting guys three years out? Well those recruits that committed to use that saw us going to Omaha and winning National Championships are just now becoming high school seniors. Your way would cause us to run the risk of those players decommitting and all that recruiting falling apart. I agree that not making it to the postseason hurts but we can easily make up for it with a good 2024. Also- you want to know how else to destroy recruiting? Hire a complete unknown and then have to fire them down the road.

Ahh yes, the "believe me because I'm an expert" argument style, aka the appeal to Authority logical fallacy for when you can't out reason your opponent. OK, then lets use said experts own words: Ah the I don't know what I'm talking about so I'm just going to call you arrogant because I can't comprehend what you are saying with my football mentality logic fallacy.**

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?96177-Polk-III&highlight=baseball

6 months ago you yourself were saying making Polk the interim wouldn't harm the program because of how bad we are AND that firing Lemo was justified, now you're saying the best thing for the program is to bring Lemo BACK for another full season? Which Todd4State is the expert? You today or you 6 months ago? You're surprised I didn't pump sunshine during a 15 game losing streak? I also said multiple throughout the season that we needed to let the season play out. I believe we finished the year 9-15 with series wins over Alabama who made a SR, Ole Miss, and LSU who is in Omaha with an awful pitching staff. So is your point now that we should keep Lemonis? Because it sure looks like you just paid him a compliment because you just showed that the team clearly got better as the season went on.

Literally no coach goes "Oh man if I miss Hoover in year 4 and 5 they'll fire me! I better avoid there!". Coaches believe in themselves and expect to be ROLLING by year 5, not missing hoover. And once again let me point out you're acting like firing a coach after year 6 vs 5 is a some huge milemarker, when it isn't. And chance to "make changes"? What would you call '23 after Lemo's dead last finish in '22 if not a chance to "make changes"? Did you miss 2019-2021? Because you're acting like Lemonis has been Croom the entire time he has been here. Do you really think that Lemonis didn't think we would win this year and believe in himself? Everything requires context. You can't just conveniently forget 2019-2021. There are no "milemarkers" to any of this. There is no "you do this in year six and you're out no matter what". If Croom had won a National Championship in 2005 I guarantee you he would have gotten more time. And I've gone over this- Foxhall was the National Assistant Coach of the year in 2021. Right or wrong- and by the way I actually disagreed with bringing him back this time last year and look who was right- you can not fault Lemonis for bringing back an assistant with Foxhall's track record back and giving him another chance. Now yes I disagreed with the decision but I also understood it. And because of that Lemonis should be afforded a chance to try again with another pitching coach. You can't fire a coach for making a logical decision that didn't work out. And if we did- that goes back to that perception thing that I was talking about. That would be a really bad look.

Again, 100% pure speculation. And you guessing that we could get a quality head coach isn't? The biggest difference between you and me is I at least have context and I know what I'm talking about to back up my side. Again- there is a reason why the powers that be agree with me and don't agree with you. And no- it's not just to save some money. Fortunately we don't get to find out how wrong you are.

1) why should we waste another season of Lemo if we're going to end up hiring Haire anyway? 2) he turned down UGA because UGA isn't willing to invest in baseball. That doesn't mean he'd have turned us down this season, or that he will pick us over a different school next season. There may be a job opening that doesn't involve saving a program from 3 straight awful seasons, and he's prefer to take that instead.

1. No one knows if we're going to hire Haire or not. No one knows if Lemonis is even going to turn it around or not- we may not even have to fire him at all. But if he doesn't turn it around at least we've put ourselves in a position to hire the best baseball coach we can and give MSU the best chance at long term success.

2. Yes- he turned down Georgia because they wouldn't invest. And do you know what that means? We're going to have to PAY to get him. Catching on now? He also isn't going to want to be somewhere that is going to fire him because his pitching coach needs to be replaced two years after a National Championship. I guarantee you given the two choices baseball coaches would much rather sign up for the rebuild.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-19-2023, 07:17 AM
Ultimately your views come down to these points:

1) keeping Lemo saves money (true)

2) nobody would come here of we fired Lemo this season, but they will come here if we fire him next season.

I agree on 1) but will also say winning leads to more money (people donate when they're excited about the future). I disagree on 2) as no coach is worried about being granted a 6th year of they missed Hoover in years 4 and 5. They expect to be winning by then so it's not a concern.

Regardless of who's actually right about the long term best thing for State, it seems we agree Lemo ain't it long term. You defended firing him mid-season, and you're arguments for keeping him for next year isn't based on a belief he'll win a lot of games.