PDA

View Full Version : If we somehow beat OMU in Oxford next year, that will be the end of Freeze.

cheewgumm
12-01-2013, 02:00 AM
He has to know that after their reaction to this loss.

They think it a total fluke and that there is no way that should happen. If Mullen can beat them next year, that'll do it.

TheRef
12-01-2013, 02:06 AM
He has to know that after their reaction to this loss.

They think it a total fluke and that there is no way that should happen. If Mullen can beat them next year, that'll do it.

I talked to a TSUN fan and he said that it was a fluke and that the reason we won was because Bo was still sick from the week before. I laughed in his face and said that our True Freshman QB beat you.

cheewgumm
12-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Yes, this is the funny part about their arguments. "Bo was sick" OUR 3RD STRING QB beat you!!!! TRUE FRESHMAN!!!

They only scored a TD because of a fluke blocked punt...he dropped it, they didn't rush and block it.

Coach 57
12-01-2013, 09:52 AM
The crazy thing is this. Freeze's offense got what DCs call "found". Once you get found and you are hardheaded enough not to change, your numbers start to slip. Dan Wolken posted it on twitter after the EB and got blasted. Said it on Bo Bounds weeks ago and got a lot of heat from the bears. But it's true. They run the same plays over & over & over. Watch after this year Auburn's numbers will go down for the same reason.

Dawgfan77
12-01-2013, 10:17 AM
OM coaches are on a four to five year cycle. They come in talk a big game win a few games, then after year two they start seeing a decline and by year four or five they are fired. Freeze has gone 7-6 and I am guessing will end up this year 7-6 after a bowl loss. Next year his Offense will get worse and they will end up again 7-6 at best. Year four will be difficult for Frezzus, the big time recruits will see him as a fraud, then his players will loose faith in him as he starts throwing them under the bus, then their will be some off field stuff that will surface, and then to top it off by the middle of next year the OM fans will start calling for his head. We all have seen this before there money folks will identify the next next Saban and fire Freeze and hire the next boy wonder

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:17 AM
They have to play Boise State in Atlanta and Louisiana-Lafayette OOC. They probably go 1-1 at best against that group, and 0-2 wouldn't shock me. They will beat Memphis and Presbyterian. Then they play Vandy, Texas A&M, LSU, and Arkansas all on the road. They'll go 2-2 at best, likely 1-3, and depending on how much Arkansas improves 0-4 isn't out of the question. Finally, at home they have Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, and MSU. At best, they could go 2-2 against that group, likely 1-3, and again 0-4 isn't out of the question depending on how much Tennessee improves.

Based on that, they are likely going to be 5-6, 6-5 when we play them next year. The first three games are key for them. If Freeze loses to Hud, he could definitely be on the hot seat.

MarketingBully01
12-01-2013, 10:21 AM
It's very interesting but Freeze's tenure is mirroring Nutt's only slightly less successful. If they are 6-6 or 5-7 next year, Freeze's days are numbered. If we beat them next year, Freeze will be fired in 2015.

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:21 AM
OM coaches are on a four to five year cycle. They come in talk a big game win a few games, then after year two they start seeing a decline and by year four or five they are fired. Freeze has gone 7-6 and I am guessing will end up this year 7-6 after a bowl loss. Next year his Offense will get worse and they will end up again 7-6 at best. Year four will be difficult for Frezzus, the big time recruits will see him as a fraud, then his players will loose faith in him as he starts throwing them under the bus, then their will be some off field stuff that will surface, and then to top it off by the middle of next year the OM fans will start calling for his head. We all have seen this before there money folks will identify the next next Saban and fire Freeze and hire the next boy wonder

I bet they hire Lane Kiffen.

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:23 AM
It's very interesting but Freeze's tenure is mirroring Nutt's only slightly less successful. If they are 6-6 or 5-7 next year, Freeze's days are numbered. If we beat them next year, Freeze will be fired in 2015.

The other side to this is 'crootin. They have shown that they will keep an obviously failing and burned out coach if they think it will help them get a good recruiting class in. They did this with Nutt in 2010. I thought it was a horrible move, and the end result was getting the Mississippi home run which has been a total bust and a 2-10 season.

MarketingBully01
12-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Lol, yeah I still laugh at the Mississippi home run. I think CJ Johnson is the only one left on the team? So wouldn't it be more like the Mississippi sac bunt?

Todd4State
12-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Lol, yeah I still laugh at the Mississippi home run. I think CJ Johnson is the only one left on the team? So wouldn't it be more like the Mississippi sac bunt?

Mississippi Infield pop up.

Whitehead- Auburn
Bias- One of the top two WR's at JSU this past season.
Snoop- Smoking in Canada.
CJ- Still at Ole Miss, but has had a lot of injury issues.

scottycameron
12-01-2013, 10:41 AM
He will lose 364 days from now, coaching his last game for the bears. So it is written.

SignalToNoise
12-01-2013, 10:47 AM
The crazy thing is this. Freeze's offense got what DCs call "found". Once you get found and you are hardheaded enough not to change, your numbers start to slip. Dan Wolken posted it on twitter after the EB and got blasted. Said it on Bo Bounds weeks ago and got a lot of heat from the bears. But it's true. They run the same plays over & over & over. Watch after this year Auburn's numbers will go down for the same reason.

When fans in the stands can accurately predict which play is coming next it can't be a good thing.

That bubble screen was noticeable to the guys up in the space station.