View Full Version : Quit giving Rosey clicks

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 07:59 PM
I can't believe people still run to hear what he has to say. Just stop. Half the people on this board are more in the know than him. What makes it worse is those of you that believe him then go and make assumptions based on his misinformation...

Captain Falcon
06-12-2023, 08:07 PM
Yeah if our OC search in football did not teach people, I do not know what will. Not a soul with an ?inside scoop? had mentioned Barbay?s name before the hire story broke.

civildawg
06-12-2023, 08:14 PM
His ?sources? (cohen) are gone.

BeardoMSU
06-12-2023, 08:23 PM
Narcissist.

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 08:29 PM
Narcissist.

But he and Leach are "kindred spirits"

BigDawg81
06-12-2023, 08:34 PM
I can't believe people still run to hear what he has to say. Just stop. Half the people on this board are more in the know than him. What makes it worse is those of you that believe him then go and make assumptions based on his misinformation...
His obsession with Ole Miss is downright creepy. His ? sources? aren?t that good. He makes it about him most of the time. I?m not a fan of his.

AlSwearengen
06-12-2023, 08:41 PM
I was just told that someone important just went off on his ass in regards to the pitching coach situation. The guy that told me this agreed with me that Rosebowl is hindering the process with all of his “reporting”.

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 08:45 PM
I was just told that someone important just went off on his ass in regards to the pitching coach situation. The guy that told me this agreed with me that Rosebowl is hindering the process with all of his “reporting”.

This has been going on for years.....it's why I have been adamantly against him on this site. He is no different than Yancy...he uses the university to promote himself. The way he handled Leach in the hospital was an absolute level of disrespect and selfishness that I didn't even think he was capable of.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 08:50 PM
I have no real issue with Steve other than his ego.
But it certainly seems like his access to information has been restricted since Cohen left.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 08:51 PM

Bc he leaked the name Silva and was either incorrect or correct and it spooked things?

EdwardDrayton
06-12-2023, 08:57 PM
Who?!!? ****

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 08:58 PM
Bc he leaked the name Silva and was either incorrect or correct and it spooked things?

When a name is leaked early it causes competitors to up bids before pink is to paper and if he isn't the guy, you just pissed off all the other candidates....

TrapGame
06-12-2023, 08:58 PM
He looks like the lead singer of Korn. I can't take him seriously.

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 09:01 PM
Imagine being Walton and hearing from the local metal-head that you were actually the 5th choice for PC

EdwardDrayton
06-12-2023, 09:03 PM

He's a caricature with a modicum of talent who recognized a moderately monetizable rivalry topic.

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 09:07 PM
He's a caricature with a modicum of talent who recognized a moderately monetizable rivalry topic.

Elite Vocabulary sir

Dawgface
06-12-2023, 09:15 PM

Embarrassing he's one of the faces of MSU.

Leroy Jenkins
06-12-2023, 09:25 PM
No matter who the PC is Steve will say, after the fact ..."we have been hearing privately for some time now that (blah, blah, blah) was going to be the choice. Some things just had to be worked out ".

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 09:31 PM
No matter who the PC is Steve will say, after the fact ..."we have been hearing privately for some time now that (blah, blah, blah) was going to be the choice. Some things just had to be worked out ".

And then lecture the fans for not being patient... pot /kettle

TheLostDawg
06-12-2023, 09:34 PM
I don't get it. He reports stuff and yall are mad because he mentioned a name we're looking into and drove up the price, other teams are now interested, etc but then yall also get mad/say he doesn't know anything when he holds information. Glad I'm not that guy. Seems he can't win.

I pay for the site but use it rarely. I agree. I get more/ better information here.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 09:44 PM
When a name is leaked early it causes competitors to up bids before pink is to paper and if he isn't the guy, you just pissed off all the other candidates....

Well he said 3 weeks ago it was likely Walton.

BeardoMSU
06-12-2023, 09:44 PM
This has been going on for years.....it's why I have been adamantly against him on this site. He is no different than Yancy...he uses the university to promote himself. The way he handled Leach in the hospital was an absolute level of disrespect and selfishness that I didn't even think he was capable of.

I forgot about that. Yep, it was sleeze shit.

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 09:58 PM
Well he said 3 weeks ago it was likely Walton.

And three weeks ago that for sure wasn't true.

parabrave
06-13-2023, 01:21 AM
And then lecture the fans for not being patient... pot /kettle

The only time I ever listen to him is after the FB games when he and DM review it. And the only reason I do that is because I have known David and his family for 40 years and David does a good job at it. And Mrs Murray thought I was a wild hellraiser. Brought to you by Bulldog Burger/

Leroy Jenkins
06-13-2023, 06:20 AM
I don't get it. He reports stuff and yall are mad because he mentioned a name we're looking into and drove up the price, other teams are now interested, etc but then yall also get mad/say he doesn't know anything when he holds information. Glad I'm not that guy. Seems he can't win.

I pay for the site but use it rarely. I agree. I get more/ better information here.

I don't think it's the reporting that grates on most people; it's the smarmy delivery.

Pancho
06-13-2023, 06:20 AM
He doesn't know who the PC will be at this point and neither does Lemo*******

TheLostDawg
06-13-2023, 07:25 AM
I don't think it's the reporting that grates on most people; it's the smarmy delivery.

Ah. Got it. Again I don't even read his stuff anymore. Waste of time unless it's about a new commit that's been announced

Vandownbytheriver
06-13-2023, 07:41 AM
All of the recruiting website guys are just glorified tabloid reporters. State and Ole Miss both have had guys either directly or indirectly get the schools in trouble based on their "reporting." You have to be a different kind of person to devote your life to 16-18 year old kids and their ever changing whims.

Cooterpoot
06-13-2023, 08:51 AM
It's the message board business model. It's about subscriptions and views. I don't blame them for some of it because it's part of the business model.

KOdawg1
06-13-2023, 09:02 AM
If you read 247, Tag, Pnut, Mbb, and maybe Sevendust are all more sourced and knowledgable than Rosey. I know two of those guys personally and can tell you they know what they're talking about.

Homedawg on here is in that same boat.

Rosebowl's inside information left when Cohen went to Auburn.

BigDawg81
06-13-2023, 10:26 AM
If you read 247, Tag, Pnut, Mbb, and maybe Sevendust are all more sourced and knowledgable than Rosey. I know two of those guys personally and can tell you they know what they're talking about.

Homedawg on here is in that same boat.

Rosebowl's inside information left when Cohen went to Auburn.
I heard somebody called Steve out about his reporting on the PC vacancy and it cost us. I bet it?s one of those that you mentioned.

TrapGame
06-13-2023, 11:21 AM
I heard somebody called Steve out about his reporting on the PC vacancy and it cost us. I bet it?s one of those that you mentioned.

And don't forget he was fed blatantly false info by a source (through Arnett) about the OC search to see how long it would take him to post it without corroborating and cross checking it. I've heard Arnett is not a fan to say the least.

Cowbell
06-13-2023, 11:24 AM
And don't forget he was fed blatantly false info by a source (through Arnett) about the OC search to see how long it would take him to post it without corroborating and cross checking it. I've heard Arnett is not a fan to say the least.

Someone on Twitter said they expect Mike Bobo to be named PC 😂

EdwardDrayton
06-13-2023, 02:42 PM
Someone on Twitter said they expect Mike Bobo to be named PC ��

LOL!!!

Cowbell
06-13-2023, 02:56 PM
LOL!!!

Arnett can never win another game here and I will still respect him for pulling that on Steve lol

TrapGame
06-13-2023, 03:07 PM
Someone on Twitter said they expect Mike Bobo to be named PC ��

At this point I'd believe it.

CaptainObvious
06-13-2023, 03:24 PM
He doesn't know who the PC will be at this point and neither does Lemo*******

And this is the most concerning part of this process.

Maybe HD6 should get an interview with Lemonis and Selmon together and see how tight he can make their little sphincters.

schddog72
06-13-2023, 04:15 PM

Hard to take anyone in his chosen profession seriously who looks like a refugee from a San Francisco homeless encampment.

Bubb Rubb
06-13-2023, 04:55 PM
His ?sources? (cohen) are gone.

Rosebowl is on the outside looking in. He knows it too. His connections have all but dried up.

Arnett used him like a tool during the OC search. Nobody in the AD's office or on the baseball coaching staff are talking to him. He thinks he's tight with Lemonis, but he's not. He has no self awareness or he would've slithered away in shame after the Mike Bobo fiasco.

Anytime you see him post "what we're hearing," assume you've heard more on this board or on SPS than he's heard. If he has heard anything from someone in a position of authority, it's likely misinformation.

He occasionally got good info from Cohen but even Cohen only told him what he wanted him to know. Leach loved to make fun of him, but Rosie would tell you they were "kindred spirits" in his 8 paragraph Leach memoriam that was more about himself than Leach.

Better off spending that Gene's Page money on the $5 Biggie Bag or the Nachos Bell Grande.

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 05:32 PM
My biggest problem with him is that he actually does have contacts, but those contacts understand that anything they tell him, he's going to sprint to his laptop to post it. So therefore, they tell him exactly what they want out there and he is not self aware to sit on things and post others. I feel like he's now probably cost us two coaches in the last 5 months between Briles and now Silva.

Also.....some seem to have forgotten how wrong he was for so long. He literally was only known for being wrong until he fell ass backwards into the Hugh Freeze stuff and now his flock just glosses over everything he's been wrong about.

TALL DAWG
06-13-2023, 06:52 PM
His main source in football ended when Mullet left for UF.

Cowbell
06-13-2023, 06:58 PM
My biggest problem with him is that he actually does have contacts, but those contacts understand that anything they tell him, he's going to sprint to his laptop to post it. So therefore, they tell him exactly what they want out there and he is not self aware to sit on things and post others. I feel like he's now probably cost us two coaches in the last 5 months between Briles and now Silva.

Also.....some seem to have forgotten how wrong he was for so long. He literally was only known for being wrong until he fell ass backwards into the Hugh Freeze stuff and now his flock just glosses over everything he's been wrong about.

And he is actually wrong about a lot of the Freeze stuff. If people actually knew the whole story, they would quit buying those stupid books. There's as much wrong in them as there is right. There are a lot of Freeze Haters on this page and I get it. But I shy away from it because there was some family destroying information put out on him by Rosey that isn't all true and I have a hard time with stuff like that (Freeze ain't innocent though). And he made a bunch of money off the lies.

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 07:23 PM
And he is actually wrong about a lot of the Freeze stuff. If people actually knew the whole story, they would quit buying those stupid books. There's as much wrong in them as there is right. There are a lot of Freeze Haters on this page and I get it. But I shy away from it because there was some family destroying information put out on him by Rosey that isn't all true and I have a hard time with stuff like that (Freeze ain't innocent though). And he made a bunch of money off the lies.

Oh I know most of it for fact. I still laugh at how much people take of that stuff as gospel. It is about 40% accurate with a bunch of guessing

Homedawg
06-13-2023, 08:22 PM
Rosebowl is on the outside looking in. He knows it too. His connections have all but dried up.

Arnett used him like a tool during the OC search. Nobody in the AD's office or on the baseball coaching staff are talking to him. He thinks he's tight with Lemonis, but he's not. He has no self awareness or he would've slithered away in shame after the Mike Bobo fiasco.

Anytime you see him post "what we're hearing," assume you've heard more on this board or on SPS than he's heard. If he has heard anything from someone in a position of authority, it's likely misinformation.

He occasionally got good info from Cohen but even Cohen only told him what he wanted him to know. Leach loved to make fun of him, but Rosie would tell you they were "kindred spirits" in his 8 paragraph Leach memoriam that was more about himself than Leach.

Better off spending that Gene's Page money on the $5 Biggie Bag or the Nachos Bell Grande.

This is mostly true. He's been cut off by the football staff. Period. If he gets info it's from someone that passed it second or third hand. The cohen . Stuff is true, he was a source. But even he didn't tell him until he wanted it out. But, he also used Steve to plant stuff to get a gauge of the boards. That's all true. I'll stop there.

BigDawg81
06-13-2023, 08:51 PM
Rosebowl and the bus driver are very similar. They both think that they are bigger than they actually are.

confucius say
06-14-2023, 10:31 AM
This is mostly true. He's been cut off by the football staff. Period. If he gets info it's from someone that passed it second or third hand. The cohen . Stuff is true, he was a source. But even he didn't tell him until he wanted it out. But, he also used Steve to plant stuff to get a gauge of the boards. That's all true. I'll stop there.

Why did the football office cut him off?

Count Istvan Teleky
06-14-2023, 10:38 AM
Don't like him, fine. Don't think he does a good job, fine. But why would you actively try to steer business away from him?

Granted, he looks grungy (by design, I'm sure) and he is obsessed with rock music, but what is that to you?

He is probably single-handedly responsible for getting Hugh Freeze fired from Ole Miss through his persistence.

I'm sure he's smart enough to know that if the football staff - or anybody that he wants to maintain as a contact - says 'don't post this yet/hold it' he will abide by that.

He's probably ruffled feathers, gotten out ahead of things at times, and whatnot. That's not unusual in that profession.

Anyway, I don't get the hate. He and his staff do a good enough job to keep me as a paying member.

I do wish he would change the name of his board from that stupid sounding 'genespage' to something else.

-End rant.

confucius say
06-14-2023, 10:47 AM
Don't like him, fine. Don't think he does a good job, fine. But why would you actively try to steer business away from him?

Granted, he looks grungy (by design, I'm sure) and he is obsessed with rock music, but what is that to you?

He is probably single-handedly responsible for getting Hugh Freeze fired from Ole Miss through his persistence.

I'm sure he's smart enough to know that if the football staff - or anybody that he wants to maintain as a contact - says 'don't post this yet/hold it' he will abide by that.

He's probably ruffled feathers, gotten out ahead of things at times, and whatnot. That's not unusual in that profession.

Anyway, I don't get the hate. He and his staff do a good enough job to keep me as a paying member.

I do wish he would change the name of his board from that stupid sounding 'genespage' to something else.

-End rant.

I don't disagree. I have no issue with Steve. I think his ego is too big and he makes things about him too much, but he's true maroon and I know he loves State. I can appreciate that.