PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Mike Silva

KOdawg1
06-12-2023, 11:08 AM
Is likely our new pitching coach.

Heard it from someone in athletics this morning.

KOdawg1
06-12-2023, 11:10 AM
Head coaching experience, MLB scouting experience, but zero P5 experience in any capacity, so that gives me pause.

He supposedly has an ace pitcher he could bring with him so we'll see

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2023, 11:13 AM
Head coach at Nichols St?

MaroonFlounder
06-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Head coach at Nichols St?

Yes

KOdawg1
06-12-2023, 11:26 AM
Here's their ace.

https://geauxcolonels.com/sports/baseball/roster/jacob-mayers/5769

Get this guy and I'm okay with the hire. If not, I don't understand

Randolph Dupree
06-12-2023, 11:39 AM
Steve reporting the same thing and saying it's pretty much done. If true, the proof will be on the field next year but as of now I'm very very underwhelmed. We will do what we always do and find a way to talk him up to sell ourselves on a good hire but to me it reiterates we should've bit the bullet this year and canned Lemonis. I hate to be negative Nancy here but this doesn't scratch the itch for me at all.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 11:42 AM
Interesting. Was good as the pitching guy at LaTech before spending the last two seasons at Nichols where he has been very good.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Steve reporting the same thing and saying it's pretty much done. If true, the proof will be on the field next year but as of now I'm very very underwhelmed. We will do what we always do and find a way to talk him up to sell ourselves on a good hire but to me it reiterates we should've bit the bullet this year and canned Lemonis. I hate to be negative Nancy here but this doesn't scratch the itch for me at all.

Fair points. But what do you not like about the guy?

Saltydog
06-12-2023, 11:49 AM
He was the associate H/C for Lane Burroughs at La Tech. prior to going to Nicholls so while not P5 he does have some decent experience. Not the kinda hire most were expecting if true but we weren't going to pull the kinda p/c many thought anyway, not with Lemonis being in the position he's in. BTW, Christian Ostrander doesn't have any P-5 experience either, so there's that.

Bubb Rubb
06-12-2023, 12:01 PM
Is likely our new pitching coach.

Heard it from someone in athletics this morning.

It's not done yet. There's someone still playing that we're talking to, but that one is a long shot, I think.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 12:07 PM
?We?re looking for an elite guy that?s worked with high-level arms that can develop, not only the pitcher individually, but the staff as a whole − a group that?s tough, that?s chiseled a little bit, that?s competitive,? Lemonis said. ?The individual development day-to-day is huge. I?ve had 1,000 phone calls about this pitching job. This is probably as good of a place to play in America.?

LOL, if some talent doesn't come with Silva, Lemonis is in trouble. Dang, 1000 calls and he makes this hire. LOL, there were no 1000 calls. Nobody was taking this job under this coach on his hot bucket.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-12-2023, 12:14 PM
Nicholls ERA the 2 seasons before he got there (13 teams in the conference): 4th, 2nd.

His first year they improved to 2/8 (conference got smaller). Year 2 they were 3/8. So he had good numbers at Nicholls, but they were a pretty good pitching team before he got there too and he didn't improve them.

As PC at Louisianna tech (newest to oldest, 12 team conference): 4th, 8th, 2nd. 2 years prior to him: 1st, 3rd. So again, he had good numbers but didn't move the needle above what it was already at.

He seems competent, but no clear improvement at his stops = he's not elite. And that was being compared to lower caliber coaches vs the SEC.

He may be the best hire we've ever made but right now it looks extremely underwhelming.

But like I said, we kept lemonis because A) our new AD shat his pants at the thought of having to do the non-fundraising part of his job, and B) the money men didn't want to fork over the money for the buyout. There is no option of "C) we believe Lemonis + the coach at Nicholls state will get us back to Omaha". Nobody but Todd believes that

confucius say
06-12-2023, 12:21 PM
Nicholls ERA the 2 seasons before he got there (13 teams in the conference): 4th, 2nd.

His first year they improved to 2/8 (conference got smaller). Year 2 they were 3/8. So he had good numbers at Nicholls, but they were a pretty good pitching team before he got there too and he didn't improve them.

As PC at Louisianna tech (newest to oldest, 12 team conference): 4th, 8th, 2nd. 2 years prior to him: 1st, 3rd. So again, he had good numbers but didn't move the needle above what it was already at.

He seems competent, but no clear improvement at his stops = he's not elite. And that was being compared to lower caliber coaches vs the SEC.

He may be the best hire we've ever made but right now it looks extremely underwhelming.

But like I said, we kept lemonis because A) our new AD shat his pants at the thought of having to do the non-fundraising part of his job, and B) the money men didn't want to fork over the money for the buyout. There is no option of "C) we believe Lemonis + the coach at Nicholls state will get us back to Omaha". Nobody but Todd believes that

Fair. I'd still prefer the AL guy I think.

Steve say he is a candidate or it appears it's a done deal?

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-12-2023, 12:26 PM
Fair. I'd still prefer the AL guy I think.

Steve say he is a candidate or it appears it's a done deal?

I'd DEFINITELY prefer the AL guy. Best staff in the SEC? And at a school with no baseball success? That's better than anything Silva or Walton have done.

sandjunky
06-12-2023, 12:59 PM
?We?re looking for an elite guy that?s worked with high-level arms that can develop, not only the pitcher individually, but the staff as a whole − a group that?s tough, that?s chiseled a little bit, that?s competitive,? Lemonis said. ?The individual development day-to-day is huge. I?ve had 1,000 phone calls about this pitching job. This is probably as good of a place to play in America.?

LOL, if some talent doesn't come with Silva, Lemonis is in trouble. Dang, 1000 calls and he makes this hire. LOL, there were no 1000 calls. Nobody was taking this job under this coach on his hot bucket.

If you don?t see that as elite, you?re blind

And remember MIATM

TrapGame
06-12-2023, 01:06 PM
So Walton didn't want to be treated for radiation burns by the middle of next season?**

BigDawg81
06-12-2023, 02:13 PM
Are we sure? I just heard LSU called him before the ink dried.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 02:16 PM
AL.com is reporting that Jackson is staying at AL as pitching coach despite not getting the head job, which went to Maryland's coach.

sandjunky
06-12-2023, 02:36 PM
All for it if

He brings his brother Anderson to instill toughness

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 02:48 PM
AL.com is reporting that Jackson is staying at AL as pitching coach despite not getting the head job, which went to Maryland's coach.

I know how he feels. I didn't get the head job after I got married, but I stayed anyway.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 03:33 PM
There are a few State beat guys and a baseball commit now following Silva on Twitter fwiw

EdwardDrayton
06-12-2023, 03:37 PM
It's pretty much what we expect to get at this stage. No one should have believed we would be able to get anyone of note given our situation. It is what it is now.

Saltydog
06-12-2023, 03:48 PM
It's pretty much what we expect to get at this stage. No one should have believed we would be able to get anyone of note given our situation. It is what it is now.

Yep..........Should've bagged Fat Boy Slim while the iron was hot.........We're gonna regret it this time next year............

BigDawg81
06-12-2023, 03:50 PM
It's pretty much what we expect to get at this stage. No one should have believed we would be able to get anyone of note given our situation. It is what it is now. I hear that LSU is involved with him now

StarkVegasSteve
06-12-2023, 03:57 PM
Yea this is far from over. LSU has muddied the waters there. So obviously those who are saying this guy sucks may want to backtrack a tad.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-12-2023, 04:11 PM
He may be amazing but his resume shows he's no better than his predecessor at his last 2 stops. It's also hard to evaluate hos recruiting and evalution as he's not been anywhere long enough to get "hig guys" in.

That said, LSU has a competent coach and lots of money to throw at a PC. Of they genuinely think Silva is the best they can get then that's a strong point in his favor. I won't be heartbroken if we loose him though.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 04:11 PM
LSU hasn't offered him their job yet. They are slowing things down is all.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 04:16 PM
Yea this is far from over. LSU has muddied the waters there. So obviously those who are saying this guy sucks may want to backtrack a tad.

What I was about to post.

BigDawg81
06-12-2023, 04:20 PM
LSU hasn't offered him their job yet. They are slowing things down is all.
Sounds like they are trying to flex on us

confucius say
06-12-2023, 04:25 PM
He may be amazing but his resume shows he's no better than his predecessor at his last 2 stops. It's also hard to evaluate hos recruiting and evalution as he's not been anywhere long enough to get "hig guys" in.

That said, LSU has a competent coach and lots of money to throw at a PC. Of they genuinely think Silva is the best they can get then that's a strong point in his favor. I won't be heartbroken if we loose him though.

Fair, but the all American freshman pitcher he has this year speaks well of his recruiting/evaluation

MetEdDawg
06-12-2023, 04:29 PM

What I have found with our fan base is that it's possible someone can suck and be awesome at the same time and that no matter who else is after said person, 9 times out of 10 they aren't good enough for us.

AlSwearengen
06-12-2023, 04:29 PM
Wouldn?t surprise me if LSU takes the coach to get the pitcher. Johnson seems to be the pitching coach at the end of the day (which is probably why he doesn?t keep pitching coaches long) anyway.

And our fans need to chill the **** out a little bit. Just about all of the best coaches had to work their way up and started at smaller schools. If we get him and we suck next year, we can commence the bitching and start looking for a whole new staff. Until then, I doubt anyone really knows how good of a hire it is.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 04:49 PM
Sounds like they are trying to flex on us

Jay Johnson is a dickhead. Not a lot of guys want to work for him. But it's LSU too.
A lot smoke screen got wasted to keep this under wraps. Now we're back to the beginning.

Really Clark?
06-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Don't think it's going to be Silva. I said yesterday there are paths that have clear up some. With Bama PC staying that clears up things a little bit. See who Memphis hires as HC, etc.

Really Clark?
06-12-2023, 05:03 PM
Jay Johnson is a dickhead. Not a lot of guys want to work for him. But it's LSU too.
A lot smoke screen got wasted to keep this under wraps. Now we're back to the beginning.

Dickhead with a capital D.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 05:08 PM
It's all back to Walton. I would expect it to happen pretty fast.

KOdawg1
06-12-2023, 05:10 PM
Haha so much for that.

Steve saying now it's not happening. Who the hell knows

BigDawg81
06-12-2023, 05:25 PM
Haha so much for that.

Steve saying now it's not happening. Who the hell knows
Greg Maddux?

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 05:31 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/T112B6GL/IMG-4686.jpg

StarkVegasSteve
06-12-2023, 06:20 PM
Either Walton or Steve Smith. Lets just get this over with at this point. It really is not going to matter because we will be clearing house May 2024 anyways.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 06:34 PM
Been some people pushing hard for it to be smith. Including a few over at auburn.

That doesn't mean it'd be a bad hire. But I'm still guessing Walton.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 06:34 PM
We aren't hiring Steve Smith

confucius say
06-12-2023, 06:36 PM
We aren't hiring Steve Smith

I know there are some people close to him connected to our program trying to get him hired.
And I think those same people are trying to get people who cover our team to mention his name

WSOPdawg
06-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Either Walton or Steve Smith. Lets just get this over with at this point. It really is not going to matter because we will be clearing house May 2024 anyways.

You have to admire the way other schools do things... BOOM, UGA gets Wes Johnson done fast... BOOM, Bama gets the Maryland HC done fast and keeps the pitching coach that we were hoping for... BOOM, LSU still playing and on the way to Omaha does NOT let any grass grow under them and already has reached out to the PC we were targeting (if just to drive his price up).

Our university leadership honestly does not have that ruthless, killer instinct so often needed in the business and athletic world.

We are, for the most part, the Detroit Lions of the SEC all too happy that we keep earning mid-tier has-been bowl invites with many of our fellow brethren all too happy to concede missing Hoover (and the NCAA regionals) two years in a row as the price for the 2021 National Championship in an effort to allow the same leaders and coaches more time to fail yet again in a sport we should NEVER not be a #2 seed somewhere.

Also, the Carnegie Hall of College Baseball was not built to be dormant in late May and early June.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 06:56 PM
I know there are some people close to him connected to our program trying to get him hired.
And I think those same people are trying to get people who cover our team to mention his name

And we aren't interested at all.

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 07:10 PM
Just laughing out loud at all the idiots that still believe Steve on what he says 😂

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2023, 07:33 PM
No coach worth his salt was coming unless he was in massive debt with the mafia. I hope I?m wrong but I believe we will regret not torching the barn

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 07:57 PM
No coach worth his salt was coming unless he was in massive debt with the mafia. I hope I?m wrong but I believe we will regret not torching the barn

Lemonis says hold my beer***

TheLostDawg
06-12-2023, 08:11 PM
You have to admire the way other schools do things... BOOM, UGA gets Wes Johnson done fast... BOOM, Bama gets the Maryland HC done fast and keeps the pitching coach that we were hoping for... BOOM, LSU still playing and on the way to Omaha does NOT let any grass grow under them and already has reached out to the PC we were targeting (if just to drive his price up).

Our university leadership honestly does not have that ruthless, killer instinct so often needed in the business and athletic world.

We are, for the most part, the Detroit Lions of the SEC all too happy that we keep earning mid-tier has-been bowl invites with many of our fellow brethren all too happy to concede missing Hoover (and the NCAA regionals) two years in a row as the price for the 2021 National Championship in an effort to allow the same leaders and coaches more time to fail yet again in a sport we should NEVER not be a #2 seed somewhere.

Also, the Carnegie Hall of College Baseball was not built to be dormant in late May and early June.

I agree. We've had plenty of time to determine who we are going to offer. We should have gone after them and given then little time to think abx if they said no then on to the next person on the list. This smells like a Cohen process. Trying to be the smartest guy in the room and then we get burned.
The AD better clear house and get guys that know what they're doing in place because it's looking like Selmon has yet to move the needle. I get giving him time to figure out who to push out and who to keep but Clock is at zero now.

SPMT
06-12-2023, 08:29 PM
I agree. We've had plenty of time to determine who we are going to offer. We should have gone after them and given then little time to think abx if they said no then on to the next person on the list. This smells like a Cohen process. Trying to be the smartest guy in the room and then we get burned.
The AD better clear house and get guys that know what they're doing in place because it's looking like Selmon has yet to move the needle. I get giving him time to figure out who to push out and who to keep but Clock is at zero now.

We have to be thinking who can you bring with you.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-12-2023, 08:36 PM
We have to be thinking who can you bring with you.

IMO that should be at the bottom of the list. Think about it: There's a dozen pitchers on staff, all of them can be improved. We need to evaluate and recruit good kids for the future. Those combined outweigh "who you can bring with you" by a mile to me

confucius say
06-12-2023, 08:46 PM
IMO that should be at the bottom of the list. Think about it: There's a dozen pitchers on staff, all of them can be improved. We need to evaluate and recruit good kids for the future. Those combined outweigh "who you can bring with you" by a mile to me

Not if you have 1 year to keep your job.

I agree the recruiting and developing is important and should be the primary concern, but if your a coach who knows he has to win now then who you can get immediately is paramount.

SPMT
06-12-2023, 08:57 PM

He has to be gunning for possible year one game changers, knowing he only has one year.

I don?t know how much you can get done in d1 college in one year with regard to tightening up control. No idea on contact restrictions.

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 08:59 PM
He has to be gunning for possible year one game changers, knowing he only has one year.

I don?t know how much you can get done in d1 college in one year with regard to tightening up control. No idea on contact restrictions.

You are better recruiting guys with control than coaching those that don't have it.

The Federalist Engineer
06-12-2023, 09:32 PM
"1,000 phone calls" about the PC job ... all from Thibadoux Louisiana, Jonesboro Arkansas, and Alcorn Mississippi.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2023, 10:16 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/tC7qxtMN/IMG-4698.jpg

Cowbell
06-12-2023, 10:25 PM
I bet Selmon didn't Have Pitching Coach as an expected first major bump in the road....

SpaceBully
06-12-2023, 10:34 PM
Stat line vs BAMA in their regional play. Not bad for a freshman. They lost to BAMA 3-4.

Nicholls
Player IP H R ER BB SO WP BK HBP IBB AB BF FO GO NP
Mayers, Jacob 5.2 3 2 2 3 8 0 0 0 0 18 23 6 3 100

Bothrops
06-12-2023, 11:38 PM
Imagine if we were trying to hire a HC right now. Good lord.

confucius say
06-12-2023, 11:42 PM
Hire whomever will bring Chase Burns

BeardoMSU
06-13-2023, 12:11 AM
Hire whomever will bring Chase Burns

His steroid dealer.**

Todd4State
06-13-2023, 01:17 AM

The portal has so many pitchers in it to me it seems almost like you kind of limit your options if you bring in a guy that is going to bring in his own guys. At least in most cases.

Pancho
06-13-2023, 06:22 AM
We are on a couple potential starting pitchers but we don't know who to tell them the PC will be*******

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 08:20 AM
I said the other day how this was going to end up and now I am even more confident in that. We are going to end up with Kyle Bunn as the pitching coach. Lemonis is yet again in over his head and has now struck out on at least 3 candidates. Making matters worse is Steve Robertson continuing to report on it so whoever the next interview is knows exactly how far they are down the list.

Cooterpoot
06-13-2023, 08:33 AM
I said the other day how this was going to end up and now I am even more confident in that. We are going to end up with Kyle Bunn as the pitching coach. Lemonis is yet again in over his head and has now struck out on at least 3 candidates. Making matters worse is Steve Robertson continuing to report on it so whoever the next interview is knows exactly how far they are down the list.

^^^At least a decent possibility at this point but I believe it's going to be someone else right now.

Saltydog
06-13-2023, 09:14 AM
Who's the other one we've struck out on? I know Silva and Walton but who else?

The Federalist Engineer
06-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Kyle Bunn...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/with-pitching-coach-s-exit-uh-baseball-coach-todd-whitting-poised-to-return-for-14th-season/ar-AA1bRcD5?ocid=hplocalnews

So Bunn just got Foxhall'ed. So we can't even hire guys that are fired? Lemonis might be radioactive.

By the way, UH walked almost 300 batters this year. But still 23 fewer walks than record breaking MSU. 5th best pitching staff in a 8 team conference.

Compared to MSU, everybody looks good. UH only had 255 OBA in-conference compared to 300 OBA (SEC) at MSU

Looking at those conference stats, makes me think that Mike Pelfrey of Wichita is the man you want. MLB experience. All American Collegiate Pitcher. He's like a Jay Powell, but for the Shockers.

https://goshockers.com/sports/baseball/roster/coaches/mike-pelfrey/1156

confucius say
06-13-2023, 09:57 AM

It' won't be Bunn imo

Cooterpoot
06-13-2023, 10:00 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/vBkSnrNc/IMG-4706.jpg

confucius say
06-13-2023, 10:08 AM

You're enjoying this aren't you

Cooterpoot
06-13-2023, 10:13 AM
You're enjoying this aren't you

I'm mean, I'm hoping for the best. But until then, it's memeappoolza. It ends with the hire.

confucius say
06-13-2023, 10:19 AM
I'm mean, I'm hoping for the best. But until then, it's memeappoolza. It ends with the hire.

I know. It's a mess right now. Hopefully a rabbit is pulled from the hat

MetEdDawg
06-13-2023, 10:22 AM
I know. It's a mess right now. Hopefully a rabbit is pulled from the hat

If it is, will Lemonis and everyone else who apparently sucks in our athletic department get apologies and credit?

I'm not sure what our family base expected from a pitching coach search with an HC that could have lost his job this past year. But if we do get a decent hire, will Lemonis and folks get credit?

TNDawg35
06-13-2023, 10:25 AM
If it is, will Lemonis and everyone else who apparently sucks in our athletic department get apologies and credit?

I'm not sure what our family base expected from a pitching coach search with an HC that could have lost his job this past year. But if we do get a decent hire, will Lemonis and folks get credit?

Hell no… people are not gonna be happy one way or the other… A lot of them already have their mind made up because Rosey said so or some other jackass said so… yet the hire hasent been made. Y’all ever think there was a reason Rosey got false info on the OC hire and maybe that’s what is going on now…

confucius say
06-13-2023, 10:25 AM

Lemonis absolutely should. Frankly, imo if we hired Walton, a pitching coach of a P5 top 20 program, that should be applauded.

confucius say
06-13-2023, 10:27 AM
Hell no… people are not gonna be happy one way or the other… A lot of them already have their mind made up because Rosey said so or some other jackass said so… yet the hire hasent been made. Y’all ever think there was a reason Rosey got false info on the OC hire and maybe that’s what is going on now…

I definitely think there is a reason Rosey's information has been much much less since Cohen left.

Cooterpoot
06-13-2023, 10:34 AM

Sure he will.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-13-2023, 10:34 AM
The thing I don't get is why Cohen was feeding him info in the first place

Like I get ADs using reporters to control the narrative, provide a smokescreen, test a name woth the fanbase etc, but Rosey didn't use his info in ways that helped the university. He uses any info or rumors he gets to immediately get clicks. I just don't get why Cohen would keep feeding him specifically

confucius say
06-13-2023, 10:46 AM
The thing I don't get is why Cohen was feeding him info in the first place

Like I get ADs using reporters to control the narrative, provide a smokescreen, test a name woth the fanbase etc, but Rosey didn't use his info in ways that helped the university. He uses any info or rumors he gets to immediately get clicks. I just don't get why Cohen would keep feeding him specifically

Imo, it was because Cohen felt he needed steve on his side when things went wrong. Control the narrative. Manage the messaging when things were bad. And there is value to being able to get your message out in the way you want it distributed, even if that gets clicks for Steve.

TrapGame
06-13-2023, 10:52 AM
Imo, it was because Cohen felt he needed steve on his side when things went wrong. Control the narrative. Manage the messaging when things were bad. And there is value to being able to get your message out in the way you want it distributed, even if that gets clicks for Steve.

And Steve ate that shit up. He was getting info from The Greatest Source of All.

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 11:00 AM

Silva, Jackson, and Walton.

TrapGame
06-13-2023, 11:17 AM

The guy from the Savannah Bananas probably.***

The Federalist Engineer
06-13-2023, 11:27 AM
Let's just get Chase Burns' drug-dealer....

In case you missed it last night, this was weird. Just Imagine Stinnett with his crazy hair doing this. Pure Intimidation.

https://twitter.com/noahmaddox23/status/1668477341050216448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

confucius say
06-13-2023, 11:33 AM
You laugh. But there have been rumors Burns may leave TN

SpaceBully
06-13-2023, 02:41 PM
I definitely think there is a reason Rosey's information has been much much less since Cohen left.

Definitely see that ZA ain't riding the Rosey Train.

Cowbell
06-13-2023, 03:00 PM
Definitely see that ZA ain't riding the Rosey Train.

Technically, he crashed it

Cowbell
06-13-2023, 03:01 PM

Kudos to you for making the most of this lol

When are you gonna put Rosie in one of these?

sandjunky
06-13-2023, 03:03 PM
Technically, he crashed it
Will definitely be interesting to see how critical rosebowl is when state is on its way to 4-8

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 03:09 PM
Will definitely be interesting to see how critical rosebowl is when state is on its way to 4-8

Not critical at all. These fan site writers and school specific media members cannot afford to be critical. Being critical can affect their access and thus their job.

Cowbell
06-13-2023, 03:23 PM

Is Rosie KB?

Homedawg
06-13-2023, 04:14 PM
Is Rosie KB?

No. Kb is his own self full of it...

confucius say
06-13-2023, 04:46 PM
Circling back to the matter at hand, I get why Silva fell through (in the mix to be a head coach) and Jackson (staying in same role at Bama with a pay raise and more stability), but what happened to Walton?

sandjunky
06-13-2023, 04:47 PM
Circling back to the matter at hand, I get why Silva fell through (in the mix to be a head coach) and Jackson (staying in same role at Bama with a pay raise and more stability), but what happened to Walton?

Hopefully his resume

NeuteredDawg
06-13-2023, 04:49 PM
Starkville MS is not easy to recruit too. Most would take a perceived lesser opportunity in a better market. It?s just facts - sorry homers.

Cowbell
06-13-2023, 05:03 PM
Starkville MS is not easy to recruit too. Most would take a perceived lesser opportunity in a better market. It?s just facts - sorry homers.

You trolling?

State82
06-13-2023, 05:10 PM
You trolling?

He must have been baiting his hooks with the other 69 posts.

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 05:20 PM

No inside info but I would not be the least bit surprised that he got pissed that Steve Robertson was putting out there all these coaches that we struck out and making it seem like Walton was desperate for the job. So he decided to stay put.

AlSwearengen
06-13-2023, 05:45 PM
No inside info but I would not be the least bit surprised that he got pissed that Steve Robertson was putting out there all these coaches that we struck out and making it seem like Walton was desperate for the job. So he decided to stay put.

This stuff needs to stay quiet. Rosey needs to report when ink is dry and stop speculating along the way. We as fans need to learn some patience and self control. It is fun to make lists and do hypothetical searches but we need to tone down the rhetoric when we don’t like someone. Message board info, correct or incorrect, makes its way to twitter, facebook, and is sometimes reported as news. We aren’t lsu where we just throw more money at the issue. We have to learn to play it cool. Do like Byrne and be a ninja when trying to make hires.

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 06:08 PM
This stuff needs to stay quiet. Rosey needs to report when ink is dry and stop speculating along the way. We as fans need to learn some patience and self control. It is fun to make lists and do hypothetical searches but we need to tone down the rhetoric when we don’t like someone. Message board info, correct or incorrect, makes its way to twitter, facebook, and is sometimes reported as news. We aren’t lsu where we just throw more money at the issue. We have to learn to play it cool. Do like Byrne and be a ninja when trying to make hires.

Well hopefully this is a learning lesson for Lemonis just like it was Arnett. DO NOT LEAK INFO. Especially to Steve Robertson. He will blab the second he gets in front of a computer.

BigDawg81
06-13-2023, 06:20 PM
Just told (Not Steve) that it?s looking like Justin Parker

Really Clark?
06-13-2023, 06:30 PM

They have been talking but nothing is settled.

StarkVegasSteve
06-13-2023, 06:42 PM

Well then someone take Steve's laptop and phone so he can't post shit until the ink is dry on the contract.

sandjunky
06-13-2023, 07:01 PM
Well then someone take Steve's laptop and phone so he can't post shit until the ink is dry on the contract.

Just don?t do it Steve

sandjunky
06-13-2023, 07:09 PM
Kingston a candidate for Miami job

Maybe he gets that then lemon head can relocate to Hilton head or maybe that is why Parker is in mix

Cooterpoot
06-13-2023, 09:12 PM
Parker is interested just nobody knows how much. If I'm Lemonis, I wouldn't give him a BJ, but I'd put it in my mouth and keep it warm. He's at the do crazy shit for the prize point now.

DownwardDawg
06-13-2023, 10:02 PM
Parker is interested just nobody knows how much. If I'm Lemonis, I wouldn't give him a BJ, but I'd put in my mouth and keep it warm. He's at the do crazy shit for the prize point now.

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

BigDawg81
06-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Apparently, Parker has the contract and waiting for his signature. Also, LSU is muddying the waters again. We will see.

confucius say
06-14-2023, 12:44 PM
Why would Parker leave USC/Miami with Kingston? He has stability there.

Cooterpoot
06-14-2023, 01:08 PM
Why would Parker leave USC/Miami with Kingston? He has stability there.

Doesn't want to live in Miami is the rumor

BigDawg81
06-14-2023, 01:12 PM
Doesn't want to live in Miami is the rumor I?m sure we will overpay him

CaptainObvious
06-14-2023, 01:18 PM
I?m sure we will overpay him

Well Hell. We have been overpaying the entire Baseball Staff and a couple of 7th year seniors for 2 years. Overpaying for an average PC will be a step up from over paying for an entire mediocre staff.

confucius say
06-14-2023, 01:19 PM

We better if that's what it takes.

Tripp McNeely
06-14-2023, 02:00 PM

I hope so...you know how you get really good coaches for perpetuity?? Develop a reputation for paying them a lot of money!!

Cooterpoot
06-14-2023, 02:04 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/52bsjzpw/IMG-4723.jpg

confucius say
06-14-2023, 02:18 PM
Parker:
Usce 2022 and 2023
Indiana 2019-2021
Ucf 2017-2018
Wright state 2011-2016

Played pro ball 2009-2011
Played at Wright State

BigDawg81
06-14-2023, 02:18 PM
Here we go

confucius say
06-14-2023, 02:28 PM
Here we go

Go on

Cowbell
06-14-2023, 02:51 PM
Go on

Rosie has read the board. Article out shortly tweeting Parker is the guy.. Another hire botched....another chapter written for his next book

BigDawg81
06-14-2023, 04:05 PM
Rosie has read the board. Article out shortly tweeting Parker is the guy.. Another hire botched....another chapter written for his next book
I am not a fan of Steve by any mean but you cannot blame Steve for everything. Steve doesn?t work for the university or the athletic department . Steve works for 247 sports and owns the Mississippi State 247 page. He might hinder somethings but he should not stop the hiring process. I don?t know what is going on with Parker but blame should go to Lemonis, Selmon and the boosters for allowing Lemonis to continue being the baseball coach.

Goldendawg
06-14-2023, 04:09 PM

Money is no object and what helped get us in this mess.** I think Keith Carter gave us advice on Lemonis contract.****

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-14-2023, 04:10 PM
So people come here to say names, Steve reads the board and coppies us, and it's Steve's fault for putting the name out there?

Shouldn't the blame be on those who are posting here just as much as it is Steve?

confucius say
06-14-2023, 04:15 PM
I doubt Steve's source is ED

But regardless, if names are leaked it's either coming from the baseball office or the candidate. I doubt it's the candidate.

Cowbell
06-14-2023, 04:42 PM
I am not a fan of Steve by any mean but you cannot blame Steve for everything. Steve doesn?t work for the university or the athletic department . Steve works for 247 sports and owns the Mississippi State 247 page. He might hinder somethings but he should not stop the hiring process. I don?t know what is going on with Parker but blame should go to Lemonis, Selmon and the boosters for allowing Lemonis to continue being the baseball coach.

That was meant to be a joke...

Cowbell
06-14-2023, 04:43 PM
So people come here to say names, Steve reads the board and coppies us, and it's Steve's fault for putting the name out there?

Shouldn't the blame be on those who are posting here just as much as it is Steve?

It was a joke