PDA

View Full Version : USM/UT

State82
06-10-2023, 02:19 PM
Can't win Supers being stupid. USM would have bases loaded with no outs. But no.

Vandownbytheriver
06-10-2023, 02:49 PM
Just showed a guy on TV with a southern Miss shirt and Bama hat on. If that doesn't sum up that "fan base" I don't know what will.

Ranchdawg
06-10-2023, 02:59 PM
The only thing more accurate would be if USM fan would have had a LSU hat on. There are so many sidewalk LSU fans down there you would think Hattiesburg was in the state of Louisiana.

State82
06-10-2023, 03:05 PM
USM not starting Tanner Hall is paying off for now.

PCHSDawg
06-10-2023, 03:07 PM
The only thing more accurate would be if USM fan would have had a LSU hat on. There are so many sidewalk LSU fans down there you would think Hattiesburg was in the state of Louisiana.

Truer words were never spoken. I hate being surrounded by sidewalk tigger and bammer fans.

Cooterpoot
06-10-2023, 03:11 PM
USM is playing their best ball right now. Not sure how far that can carry them, but they're playing well. Dickerson is on fire. That kid has really improved since HS. We should've offered Monistere.

State82
06-10-2023, 03:27 PM
USM is playing their best ball right now.

They are definitely hitting on all cylinders. Just do not know if the engine has enough displacement to get them to Omaha.

State82
06-10-2023, 03:33 PM
Sucks for them to have to go into a weather delay with 2 outs in the 4th and batter in mid count.

PCHSDawg
06-10-2023, 03:59 PM
Sucks for them to have to go into a weather delay with 2 outs in the 4th and batter in mid count.

I'm at work not a mile from the ballpark and don't understand why they went to weather break.

parabrave
06-10-2023, 04:13 PM
I'm at work not a mile from the ballpark and don't understand why they went to weather break.

Must be lightning within 30 miles. Used to have our LL State championships in Oak Grove. Always had Lightning delays camp shelby was getting lightning. Yep Radar says a storm went to the south of Hattiesburg. Storm has passed so they should be starting. Watch it help the Dirtbags.

viverlibre
06-10-2023, 05:03 PM
what is USM's chant?

was21
06-10-2023, 05:31 PM
t
....and everything south of there unfortunately.....but if you get past Pass Christian into Long Beach, Gulfport and eastward you get into Stae, OM fans for the most part. Biloxi's weird then into Jackson County.

Mjoelner34
06-10-2023, 05:32 PM
what is USM's chant?

Are you talking about the one they stole from ole miss? Throw it in the dirt.

CaptainObvious
06-10-2023, 05:50 PM
We had some kids try to start that chant a few times at State games but hardly anyone joined in. I do hate the Maron and Whit cheer at baseball games though.

basedog
06-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Tn was terrible on the road playing Sec teams. Watching in between delays, Tn doesn’t look confident. Kinda strange

Btw Florida looks like a Natty team.

SpaceBully
06-11-2023, 06:27 AM
TN got a huge break. That freight train headed right toward them was derailed by a thunderstorm. Couldn't have asked for better timing. It'll be a totally different ballgame after they restart it. I expect UT to win now.

parabrave
06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
TN got a huge break. That freight train headed right toward them was derailed by a thunderstorm. Couldn't have asked for better timing. It'll be a totally different ballgame after they restart it. I expect UT to win now.

Was thinking the Same.

KOdawg1
06-11-2023, 12:16 PM
Good job by USM of not letting the weather delay derail things.

They've got their ace on the mound later for a trip to the CWS on the line. Gotta like where they stand

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2023, 12:21 PM
The Ump is killing the USM closer - but the kid fights on

EdwardDrayton
06-11-2023, 12:24 PM
Final: USM 5, TN 3. <chuckle>

parabrave
06-11-2023, 01:11 PM
Did they score the game last night as official??? ESPN has USM leading the series at 1-0 on their NCAA scoreboard/ Dam ESPN didnt even have the game on/

Really Clark?
06-11-2023, 01:15 PM
Did they score the game last night as official??? ESPN has USM leading the series at 1-0 on their NCAA scoreboard/ Dam ESPN didnt even have the game on/

They finished the game this morning. It was on ESPN

parabrave
06-11-2023, 01:17 PM
They finished the game this morning. It was on ESPN

Well Crap I was watching the Paris Open at the same time/

CaptainObvious
06-11-2023, 01:50 PM
Well Crap I was watching the Paris Open at the same time/

Paris, Arkansas has an Open? WHO knew?

LC Dawg
06-11-2023, 02:00 PM
Hopefully they left enough time between games for the TN fans to drive to the Laurel Applebees for lunch.

Saltydog
06-11-2023, 02:03 PM
Gonna take a hell'uva effort by USM to win this one against Dollander. I know they have Tanner Hall on the mound so we'll see. If UT wins this one, I see them winning game 3. They have a lot more quality arms left than Southern. Win blowing out today too and UT has more pop up and down that lineup.

CaptainObvious
06-11-2023, 02:11 PM
Gonna take a hell'uva effort by USM to win this one against Dollander. I know they have Tanner Hall on the mound so we'll see. If UT wins this one, I see them winning game 3. They have a lot more quality arms left than Southern. Win blowing out today too and UT has more pop up and down that lineup.

Destiny is undefeated!

CaptainObvious
06-11-2023, 03:17 PM
What a collapse by Hall and USM

KOdawg1
06-11-2023, 03:19 PM
USM had a 4 run lead with their ace on the bump and they blew it

Saltydog
06-11-2023, 04:53 PM
Destiny is undefeated!

Yeah, so much for Destiny.......UT wins this thing now......USM just doesn't have enough arms and UT is rested........The Buzzards are done......

StarkVegasSteve
06-11-2023, 05:07 PM
What a collapse by Hall and USM

They had a perfect storm today and still somehow managed to blow it. They roll the dice and save Hall for Game 2 and it works out, Dollander struggling, Hall cruising, and then Blake Burke hit it to Laurel and Southern was never the same.

AlSwearengen
06-11-2023, 06:21 PM
The rain yesterday really hurt usm’s chances for the whole series. They still might pull a rabbit out of the hat and their pitcher throws a gem tomorrow, but on paper they are seriously behind the 8 ball because they don’t have the pitching depth. Having to throw Storm today for as many pitches as they did is a killer.

Of course, Tennessee is schizophrenic as hell so you never know, but they definitely have the momentum.

Todd4State
06-11-2023, 07:03 PM
The rain yesterday really hurt usm’s chances for the whole series. They still might pull a rabbit out of the hat and their pitcher throws a gem tomorrow, but on paper they are seriously behind the 8 ball because they don’t have the pitching depth. Having to throw Storm today for as many pitches as they did is a killer.

Of course, Tennessee is schizophrenic as hell so you never know, but they definitely have the momentum.

I agree.

State82
06-11-2023, 07:27 PM
The guy that started for USM yesterday and was dealing when lightning halted everything is a transfer from a DIII school in Connecticut.

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2023, 07:43 PM
The guy that started for USM yesterday and was dealing when lightning halted everything is a transfer from a DIII school in Connecticut.

Looks like some Pitching Coaches know how to scout. Meanwhile in Starkville transfers like Enema, Hardin, and Davis with +10 ERAs need to transfer to DIII

The Federalist Engineer
06-11-2023, 07:45 PM
I agree.

Wonder why UTK used Chase Burns today. For just 1-inning. They don't care about arms, so they will throw him tomorrow if they need to - but why?