PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Leach

Maverick91
06-10-2023, 09:30 AM
I was reminiscing on the Pirate and started to think about his family.

I was wondering do we know if his wife enjoyed her time at State? Was she involved? There wasn?t much press about her.

I hope the family is doing well.

Happy Saturday!

Saltydog
06-10-2023, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I've wondered the same. His son was a GA on the football team. Wonder if he's still around? I'm guessing Sharon moved to Key West but not sure.

SpaceBully
06-10-2023, 10:57 AM
Anybody know where the Pirate was buried? Cody, Wyoming, Provo Utah, Key West? Just wondering.....had not heard. Maybe he was cremated and ashes spread among the waters around Key West? Personally, if I were his wife, I wouldn't have my primary residence in Key West. Just let it be my 2nd getaway home or maybe even rent it out during the time the family doesn't occupy it.

StarkVegasSteve
06-10-2023, 11:32 AM
I believe his son is still a GA on the staff. As for Sharon, the one our two times I interacted with her she was extremely nice and genuinely seemed to enjoy Starkville. Her and Mike truly did love Starkville. And they did A TON for the city that will probably never be recognized. There were several businesses they kept afloat during 2020 that never will be publicized and it was their wish that it never be.

I do not know where Sharon now lives, my guess is she is back in Key West, but I do hope that we do something to honor Mike and the entire family at the first game.

MaroonFlounder
06-10-2023, 11:59 AM
I still have the Mike Leach voicemail on my phone that was sent out to Bulldog Club members the day he was hired.

I’m gonna miss that guy being on our sidelines this fall.

We finally got a LEGENDARY coach to StarkVegas, and he passes away after year 3. It still hurts.

Saltydog
06-10-2023, 05:15 PM
Anybody know where the Pirate was buried? Cody, Wyoming, Provo Utah, Key West? Just wondering.....had not heard. Maybe he was cremated and ashes spread among the waters around Key West? Personally, if I were his wife, I wouldn't have my primary residence in Key West. Just let it be my 2nd getaway home or maybe even rent it out during the time the family doesn't occupy it.

I think if he was buried it would've been a little more common knowledge. Nobody seems to know so I"m guessing he was cremated.

was21
06-10-2023, 05:36 PM
I think if he was buried it would've been a little more common knowledge. Nobody seems to know so I"m guessing he was cremated.

Don't know if there was much left to be buried. He was a donor and donated a lot of his remains.

Dawgology
06-10-2023, 07:25 PM
I know he was only here 3 years but he needs a statue outside the stadiums. The dude is a legend in college football and will be forever.

Commercecomet24
06-10-2023, 08:48 PM
I believe his son is still a GA on the staff. As for Sharon, the one our two times I interacted with her she was extremely nice and genuinely seemed to enjoy Starkville. Her and Mike truly did love Starkville. And they did A TON for the city that will probably never be recognized. There were several businesses they kept afloat during 2020 that never will be publicized and it was their wish that it never be.

I do not know where Sharon now lives, my guess is she is back in Key West, but I do hope that we do something to honor Mike and the entire family at the first game.

100% this! Him and Sharon did a lot for the community that wasn?t publicized and that was their way and I think it?s awesome! They didn?t want publicity they just wanted to help people truly out of the goodness of their hearts. Mike and Sharon did this wherever they went. Truly special people. God bless Sharon and the family for sharing Mike with us!

viverlibre
06-10-2023, 09:44 PM
I know he was only here 3 years but he needs a statue outside the stadiums. The dude is a legend in college football and will be forever.

Mike Leach Museum? Could take the place of the creepy clock museum.

Lord McBuckethead
06-10-2023, 11:13 PM
Mike liked the clock museum.