PDA

View Full Version : Will Saudi?s get involved with NIL?

Schultzy
06-06-2023, 02:11 PM
They could conceivably contribute to SEC football and basketball players. And their Public Investment Fund (PIF) is throwing money into all kinds of sports all over the world. Im sure they will try to globalize the NBA.

I think they will try to get involved with NCAA athletics with all that money.

StarkVegasSteve
06-06-2023, 02:25 PM
They already do at A&M

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-06-2023, 05:14 PM
Wait what? I'm missing something

Why would a random Govt pay American teens to play sports vs each other at American universities? How to they benefit at all?

BeardoMSU
06-06-2023, 05:28 PM
Bonesaw company NIL packages imminent!***

Schultzy
06-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Wait what? I'm missing something

Why would a random Govt pay American teens to play sports vs each other at American universities? How to they benefit at all?

They’ll be wanting these athletes to play in their leagues/tours such as soccer & tennis. You can bet in the future they’ll be approaching the NBA investing in global basketball and the NFL already wants to expand to Europe.

Developmental league type investment to attract talent & build relationships, this PIF thing is more than just LIV - they got trillions to spend.

Schultzy
06-06-2023, 06:23 PM
They’re very much invested at Duke and North Carolina academically to influence outreach for their interests so it would surprise me if they’re not already supporting athletically there and at other universities.

global.duke.edu/countries/saudi-arabia

SpaceWranglerDawg
06-06-2023, 06:32 PM
After they strong armed the PGA, do you think they'll ever target another sport? They got their blueprint. Not really sure what else would fit their model though.

coachnorm
06-06-2023, 06:36 PM
They could conceivably contribute to SEC football and basketball players. And their Public Investment Fund (PIF) is throwing money into all kinds of sports all over the world. Im sure they will try to globalize the NBA.

I think they will try to get involved with NCAA athletics with all that money.

https://www.geniussports.com/

Just a heads up on LIV and PGA merger. This is a precursor to the future of sports both national and global. Attached is a link of the sports group GENIUS. Take notice that the proxy ownership called Private Investment Fund is owned by Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salmon. Last year the PIF bought Newcastle United FC so this is more than just the LIV. Take notice that a lot of the sports management is administered in London, UK and not Saudi Arabia. This indicates a growth plan globally. The PIF commands a minimum of $390 Billion dollars. BTW Newcastle United has more monetary backing thru the veiled State sponsored Mohammed than all NFL owners combined. When you look at the website, take notice that college football is the opening video presented, I wonder why?

https://www.legalsportsreport.com/101363/huddle-genius-sports-signs-sports-betting-data-deal/

DownwardDawg
06-06-2023, 10:35 PM
Another reason to completely stop paying attention to college sports. It's coming. Damn I'm old and this sucks. College sports was one of the best things in my life for so many years. It's over now.

I was one of the ones throwing milk bone dog biscuits at Shane Matthews in 120,000 degree heat. I was there when we beat Texas and my girlfriend melted right in front of me. I didn't care. She was replaceable but beating Texas was not!!!

basedog
06-07-2023, 06:44 AM
Maybe the Saudi's will get involved with the mayor of Jackson and the City Council** What a freaking mess!!

Offshore Dawg
06-07-2023, 07:11 AM
Goat ropers with too much money.

Extendedcab
06-07-2023, 08:32 AM
Maybe the Saudi's will get involved with the mayor of Jackson and the City Council** What a freaking mess!!

The Jackson City Council and the Mayor are totally corrupt and inept! The State/Feds are ow taking over their water supply and water treatment since they can not do it. Maybe they will take over trash collection as well since they can not secure a valid contract. I say replace everyone of them!

Saltydog
06-07-2023, 08:50 AM
Another reason to completely stop paying attention to college sports. It's coming. Damn I'm old and this sucks. College sports was one of the best things in my life for so many years. It's over now.

I was one of the ones throwing milk bone dog biscuits at Shane Matthews in 120,000 degree heat. I was there when we beat Texas and my girlfriend melted right in front of me. I didn't care. She was replaceable but beating Texas was not!!!

I was at that UT game as well. I will never forget it. I was driving back to Starkville and my vehicle started running hot. I pulled over at a pay phone in West Point and called my Dad. He told me to put the heater on hot and turn it wide open and that would get me to Starkville. That's exactly what I did. I had the windows down but by the time I got there I was soaking wet, down to my underwear. Still made it to the game in time to see JWS and the dogs kick their @$$E$.

DownwardDawg
06-07-2023, 12:55 PM
I was at that UT game as well. I will never forget it. I was driving back to Starkville and my vehicle started running hot. I pulled over at a pay phone in West Point and called my Dad. He told me to put the heater on hot and turn it wide open and that would get me to Starkville. That's exactly what I did. I had the windows down but by the time I got there I was soaking wet, down to my underwear. Still made it to the game in time to see JWS and the dogs kick their @$$E$.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Saltydog again.

Awesome stuff!!!

Schultzy
06-08-2023, 10:48 PM

But remember, it did rain cold as can be in the third or fourth quarter.

Churchill
06-10-2023, 05:59 PM
I wish the Saudis would start an NFL developmental league and college football was out of the NIL business all together.

EdwardDrayton
06-10-2023, 07:45 PM
Well they just bought the global game of golf for themselves. And with an estimated $680 billion in assets, they can pretty much buy anything they want.

Funny thing is, they still need a seller to say 'yes'. Is there anybody left willing to not sell their soul for the money.

Lord McBuckethead
06-11-2023, 01:12 AM
Would you be fine for those 9-11 organizing A Holes buying MSU players so we can compete on Alabamas level? I sure wouldn?t, but if they are going to give billions to someone, I sure hope it isn?t Ole Miss.

MedDawg
06-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Would you be fine for those 9-11 organizing A Holes buying MSU players so we can compete on Alabamas level? I sure wouldn?t, but if they are going to give billions to someone, I sure hope it isn?t Ole Miss.

We had two State students try to join ISIS, so maybe the Saudis would favor us over other schools***