PDA

View Full Version : UGA hires new coach

TNDawg35
06-05-2023, 04:44 PM
Pete Thamel is report that Wes Johnson will be the new UGA coach. Didn?t see that one coming to be honest. Kendell Rogers commented that Justin Haire turned it down to stay at Campbell.

AROB44
06-05-2023, 04:50 PM
Pete Thamel is report that Wes Johnson will be the new UGA coach. Didn?t see that one coming to be honest. Kendell Rogers commented that Justin Haire turned it down to stay at Campbell.

Waiting on our job....

EdwardDrayton
06-05-2023, 04:51 PM

Nope. Did not see that coming. He's never been a head coach, has he?!!?

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2023, 04:55 PM
As a MSU fan, not worried about it all. Could be great for UGA, but LSU's pitching staff is all Foxed-up outside of Skenes.

He did not develop Skenes, He did not scout Skenes, He did not recruit Skenes - Shaquille O'Neal bought him Skenes as a ready-to-go All American.

basedog
06-05-2023, 04:55 PM
Waiting on our job....

You may be on to something.

TNDawg35
06-05-2023, 04:57 PM
Well we are now fighting LSU for a pitching coach. KR just commented again that UGA was not willing to pay top dollar and that limited their choices in candidates . He also mentioned that there are 2 coaches that they have their eye on and have a too chance at getting. He said Ostrander was a finalist last year, but he is now headman at USM…

And we are still waiting…

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2023, 04:59 PM
Waiting on our job....

Will be waiting for a long time, we might be getting Sarloos next year.

It would be great to have a coach that turned Dave Van Horn into a squealing Sow in pig Baconville.

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2023, 05:04 PM
You may be on to something.

Would a guy wait across years?

He must be a player for the Alabama job or already accepted a job? Louisville because MacD already accepted the Alabama job.

What would be cool is that MacD takes the Alabama job, Lemonis takes the Louisville job, and MSU can freely pick a new coach without buyout restrictions.

schddog72
06-05-2023, 05:08 PM

He must be a player for the Alabama job or already accepted a job? Louisville because MacD already accepted the Alabama job.

What would be cool is that MacD takes the Alabama job, Lemonis takes the Louisville job, and MSU can freely pick a new coach without buyout restrictions.

I DOUBT Louisville would be that dumb, but we could only hope . . . . . .

basedog
06-05-2023, 05:16 PM

Georgia could care less about baseball. Who knows what Haire is thinking, he will be on someone’s radar often.

basedog
06-05-2023, 05:16 PM
Maybe Bert Stare can explain**

TNDawg35
06-05-2023, 05:43 PM

If Bama doesn’t promote their intern right now they are stupid. Dude has them rolling into a super. He has been great since gap tooth got fired…

WinningIsRelentless
06-05-2023, 05:44 PM
Our pitching coach just advanced to a super regional.

CadaverDawg
06-05-2023, 05:45 PM
Wes "Tommy" Johnson doesn't worry me. Actually everybody worries me as long as we have Chris Chizik on our bucket

EdwardDrayton
06-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Hmmmm ........ so you CAN announce a coach before their season concludes. Carry on.

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2023, 05:51 PM
Our pitching coach just advanced to a super regional.

People saying our PC was just shelled 18-4 on Saturday morning...

But with No announcement today, maybe Lemons won't answer his calls this morning. Walmart probably leaving messages:

"Can we talk about my press conference? Just let me know. I would like to send you my direct deposit info for my Million Dollars. Are you away on vacation or something?"

WSOPdawg
06-05-2023, 05:55 PM

Impossible, I thought conventional wisdom was that you can't make any coaching staff changes while your current team is still playing in the post-season??? Why, LSU is bound to fall apart since the players are losing their pitching coach. ***sarcasm included***

WinningIsRelentless
06-05-2023, 06:10 PM
People saying our PC was just shelled 18-4 on Saturday morning...

But with No announcement today, maybe Lemons won't answer his calls this morning. Walmart probably leaving messages:

"Can we talk about my press conference? Just let me know. I would like to send you my direct deposit info for my Million Dollars. Are you away on vacation or something?"

They were wrong and our coach might be a sitting head coach at a g5 school. Those guys don?t make much at all compared to sec assistants.

Saltydog
06-05-2023, 06:16 PM
Will be waiting for a long time, we might be getting Sarloos next year.

It would be great to have a coach that turned Dave Van Horn into a squealing Sow in pig Baconville.

Lol, I highly doubt we'd get Sarloos.

Cowbell
06-05-2023, 06:49 PM

KR makes his money on the side getting paid by agents to say things that aren't always true,

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Man a lot of wild speculations and guesses in here. Not all of them are even in the same ballpark as reality (Sarloos is going to leave his P5 SR bound team woth a good baseball history to take over our crapshow??)

At this point of you don't have insider info, don't throw out names. We can discuss names insiders do throw out, but don't just be speculating