PDA

View Full Version : Regionals

basedog
06-04-2023, 08:04 AM
Seems the Sec west has the better teams overall compared to the east, I think Lsu and Arkansas win today. With Florida, Vandy and Kentucky losing yesterday, I think they could still come back and advance to Supers. Auburn just ran off the cliff with two no show losses, Kentucky had a terrible late game loss while Tn game from one strike away in the 9th of losing to go extra innings for a win.

Regionals are exciting.

EdwardDrayton
06-04-2023, 08:40 AM
I remember when we were an exciting regional team also. Glory days.

TNDawg35
06-04-2023, 10:37 AM
I look for Ark to cruise, LSU is dependent on what pitching shows up.

I thought KY wouldn’t make it out of theirs.

Surprised FL lost, but still a lot of baseball to play.

Tenn stole a game from Clemson but also burnt Burns and Dollander. Clemson had that game with 2 diff batters with 0-2 counts and made horrible pitch calls and it cost them. Then again when they had bases loaded and no outs and K’d and hit into a DP.

I still think Clemson comes out of that one.

USC looks like the hot USC.

Watch out for Oral Roberts. They have not lost a game since Arborio 7th. Remember the best team
Hardly ever wins, it’s who is hot right now….

Good luck to everyone, I’m going to bed. I’ll check in before heading to work.

StarkVegasSteve
06-04-2023, 11:26 AM
I literally turned to someone right before Tennessee hit that HR in the 9th and called it. You could just feel he was about to hang a pitch.

Also, I think LSU is in a world of trouble. They have basically burnt Skenes, unless they have Monday Game 7 situation, and Oregon St looks really good right now. Floyd, Hurd, and that bullpen will have to be lights out for them to have a chance.

parabrave
06-04-2023, 02:34 PM

Tenn stole a game from Clemson but also burnt Burns and Dollander. Clemson had that game with 2 diff batters with 0-2 counts and made horrible pitch calls and it cost them. Then again when they had bases loaded and no outs and K’d and hit into a DP.

Watch out for Oral Roberts. They have not lost a game since Arborio 7th. Remember the best team

Arky getting burned early/

DownwardDawg
06-04-2023, 02:42 PM

Clemson eliminated

SteelCurtain74
06-04-2023, 02:48 PM
Arkansas down 11-1 top of 2nd. Same dude for TCU has hit two opposite field grandslams.

parabrave
06-04-2023, 03:02 PM
Dam LSU all you needed was a Long Pop up and for the 2nd inning you leave the bases loaded/

EdwardDrayton
06-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Clemson eliminated

Eliminated by Charlotte. <chuckle> For some reason that MIB scene came to mind; Jeebs: " K, do you have any idea how much that stings". LOL!

The Federalist Engineer
06-04-2023, 08:31 PM
Bye, Bye Vandy!

Xavier have a pitching coach? Epic and Awesome Upset

I think I rather not have the dude with +10 Post Season ERA

TNDawg35
06-04-2023, 08:33 PM
Clemson eliminated

Yea that totally ruined my bracket. They were hot and I had them going all the way…

EdwardDrayton
06-04-2023, 09:23 PM
Bye, Bye Vandy!

Xavier have a pitching coach? Epic and Awesome Upset

I think I rather not have the dude with +10 Post Season ERA

The Commodes are gone from their own regional. I must have been an extra good boy this week!! LOL!!

The Federalist Engineer
06-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Montgomery of Stanford pitching versus the Agnerds that copy our Uniforms

DownwardDawg
06-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Weak SEC this year. That says a lot about how bad we are.

basedog
06-04-2023, 10:13 PM
Weak SEC this year. That says a lot about how bad we are.

I think the verdict will be determined tomorrow. Tn and Florida are in Super, Au and Vandy going home.

DownwardDawg
06-04-2023, 11:40 PM
I think the verdict will be determined tomorrow. Tn and Florida are in Super, Au and Vandy going home.

Auburn and Vandy gone. Arkansas struggling against average opponents. LSU has 1 pitcher. Pretty much assuring they won't win the CWS if they make it in. Maybe Florida is good enough to win it?

Todd4State
06-04-2023, 11:50 PM

I'm thinking the SEC gets it's typical four teams to Omaha. We'll see.

Todd4State
06-04-2023, 11:53 PM
Auburn and Vandy gone. Arkansas struggling against average opponents. LSU has 1 pitcher. Pretty much assuring they won't win the CWS if they make it in. Maybe Florida is good enough to win it?

I think Tennessee could win it. They haven't been stellar like they were last year. But they have been better down the stretch. Sometimes things "even out". South Carolina has looked good. LSU winning today was big for them.

The Federalist Engineer
06-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Is it just me, but damn the SEC, I hate all these Basturds.

After MSU, I only usually pull for Stanford as the next school.

I know too many LSU fans to like them. Tennessee, F these guys. Oklahoma and Texas are new to the conference and I already hate them.

DownwardDawg
06-05-2023, 12:57 AM
Is it just me, but damn the SEC, I hate all these Basturds.

After MSU, I only usually pull for Stanford as the next school.

I know too many LSU fans to like them. Tennessee, F these guys. Oklahoma and Texas are new to the conference and I already hate them.

It's not just you. I typically cheer against all other SEC teams. I live in Tennessee now so I find myself trying to cheer for them as my 2nd team. But I hate their baseball coach and the orange is sooo dang ugly!!

basedog
06-05-2023, 07:38 AM
I'm thinking the SEC gets it's typical four teams to Omaha. We'll see.

I think so as well, Tn or Florida could win the Natty.

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2023, 04:01 PM
Go TCU... sorry screw Arkansas love to see them choke.

State82
06-05-2023, 04:12 PM
Word

EdwardDrayton
06-05-2023, 04:16 PM
It's not just you. I typically cheer against all other SEC teams. I live in Tennessee now so I find myself trying to cheer for them as my 2nd team. But I hate their baseball coach and the orange is sooo dang ugly!!

Preach brother!! LOL!!

State82
06-05-2023, 04:20 PM
USM playing some defense like us and trying their best to choke this one away.

basedog
06-05-2023, 04:35 PM

Tcu looks to be the better team. I’m not a Hog fan either.

EdwardDrayton
06-05-2023, 04:43 PM

Think I'm beginning to realize if it's not us, screw ALL the rest of 'em. Just can't seem to find it within me to root for ANY of 'em!!

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2023, 05:14 PM
Bye Hogs.

Who is the best team remaining?

Alabama vs Wake (Wake is clearly better than Bama)
Texas vs TAM/Stanford (If the Texas teams play, what a Super)
LSU vs UK/IU (Would be nice to see Nick make Omaha)
Tennessee vs USM (Will USM even compete here?)
TCU vs Indiana State
Oregon vs Oral Roberts (Who is the host?)
UVA vs CCU / Duke (Anybody could win?)
Cocks vs Gators (Cocks getting hot)

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2023, 05:15 PM
Loving this aggressive running by Indiana.

parabrave
06-05-2023, 06:01 PM
Bye Hogs.

TCU vs Indiana State

The Vols.

basedog
06-05-2023, 06:44 PM
The Vols.

I was impressed with Tcu.

Captain Falcon
06-05-2023, 09:05 PM
Bye Hogs.

TCU vs Indiana State

I am sticking with my Florida pick. I think they and Wake are the best overall teams, but UF has the more proven coach.

Tennessee may be heating up at the perfect time, though. You could potentially have Wake, LSU, and UT on the same side of the bracket in Omaha. That is a gauntlet.

Cooterpoot
06-05-2023, 09:16 PM
I've got to pull for USM.

Activated Alpha
06-05-2023, 09:25 PM
I will in no way root for another SEC team to win the CWS. They can all go get ****ed by a donkey. Especially Arkansas, TN, and LSU. It would be mildly amusing to see USM win it all and the state have 3 nattys in a row

Bothrops
06-05-2023, 09:40 PM
I will in no way root for another SEC team to win the CWS. They can all go get ****ed by a donkey. Especially Arkansas, TN, and LSU. It would be mildly amusing to see USM win it all and the state have 3 nattys in a row

I'd love to see that happen.

DownwardDawg
06-05-2023, 10:31 PM

This is what I'd like to see but I think it's Tennessee, Florida, or TCU.

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2023, 11:16 PM
Well...

Alabama at Wake
Texas at Stanford

Kentucky at LSU
USM at Tennessee

South Carolina at Florida
Duke at Virginia

Oregon at Oral Roberts
TCU at Indiana State

I see 4 toss up regionals. Is the "new" MSU PC still in the game? Jason Jackson would be worth a pay day if that's the man. Hopefully Greg Byrne has a call-an-idiot policy when making baseball hires. Then he would call John Cohen and do something very stupid. But I would not expect that from GB, he's going to hire JJ after this nice run.

Todd4State
06-06-2023, 12:53 AM
Well...

Alabama at Wake
Texas at Stanford

Kentucky at LSU
USM at Tennessee

South Carolina at Florida
Duke at Virginia

Oregon at Oral Roberts
TCU at Indiana State

I see 4 toss up regionals. Is the "new" MSU PC still in the game? Jason Jackson would be worth a pay day if that's the man. Hopefully Greg Byrne has a call-an-idiot policy when making baseball hires. Then he would call John Cohen and do something very stupid. But I would not expect that from GB, he's going to hire JJ after this nice run.

Byrne is a smart guy. I don't know what he'll do but I do think he will ask Cohen for advice.

basedog
06-06-2023, 08:12 AM
Byrne is a smart guy. I don't know what he'll do but I do think he will ask Cohen for advice.

Hmm, I can't see this happening, but I don't know, just my thoughts. But maybe he would and Cohen said hire Lemonis**