PDA

View Full Version : Most Innovative Offensive Coordinator

Reason2succeed
05-31-2023, 09:21 PM
I?ve watched all of the 2022 Appalachian State offense and am now watching the 2021 Central Michigan offense.

Other than The Pirate changing all of college and most of professional football with the Air Raid I believe that Kevin Barbay will be the most innovative offensive coordinator in my 25 years as a Mississippi State Bulldog.

I love how he features the best players and finds creative ways to get them the ball. Then it?s almost like every play is either some type of trick play or is setting up for the trick play. He runs the football a lot but it?s not boring up the middle. He makes the defense have to think and react and cover everything.

I?m super wooly as you can tell.

DownwardDawg
05-31-2023, 10:55 PM
Take cover!!!!

TNDawg35
05-31-2023, 10:58 PM
You are not allowed to have wool. You will get thrashed. Didn't you know all our coaches suck except Jans...

Commercecomet24
06-01-2023, 12:00 PM
Dude you're gonna summon the forces of darkness with this post lol!

I happen to agree with you!

TrapGame
06-01-2023, 12:53 PM
I'm shocked this thread isn't three pages of eye gouging rants about running the ball by now.

I believe a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised at how well this offense works out of the gate.

CaptainObvious
06-01-2023, 01:19 PM
I?ve watched all of the 2022 Appalachian State offense and am now watching the 2021 Central Michigan offense.

Other than The Pirate changing all of college and most of professional football with the Air Raid I believe that Kevin Barbay will be the most innovative offensive coordinator in my 25 years as a Mississippi State Bulldog.

I love how he features the best players and finds creative ways to get them the ball. Then it?s almost like every play is either some type of trick play or is setting up for the trick play. He runs the football a lot but it?s not boring up the middle. He makes the defense have to think and react and cover everything.

Dang. For a minute there by your description I thought we had hired Joe Moorhead as OC. But gladly, I accept that we may have someone who can actually back up his plans with actions!

trob115
06-01-2023, 01:21 PM
KBtroll21 will be along shortly to tell you how wrong you are.

TrapGame
06-01-2023, 01:51 PM
Dang. For a minute there by your description I thought we had hired Joe Moorhead as OC. But gladly, I accept that we may have someone who can actually back up his plans with actions!

I don't think Barbay is going to make Will solve trig problems in the pocket before throwing the ball.

EdwardDrayton
06-01-2023, 01:54 PM
I'm shocked this thread isn't three pages of eye gouging rants about running the ball by now.

I believe a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised at how well this offense works out of the gate.

Honestly think there's a degree of apathy surrounding college sports in general that's settled upon most folks.

Dawgface
06-01-2023, 09:07 PM

So you enjoy the wishbone? **

Coach34
06-01-2023, 09:17 PM
Our offense will look and perform soooo much better than our offense has since 2017. I'm really looking forward to the Fall

msu15
06-01-2023, 09:21 PM
It's honestly not even debate when you go 25 years. Sparky Woods was bad, I don't even remember who replaced him, Croom/McCorvey sucked, Dan was just calling Urban Meyer's offense, and Moorhead was in over his head.

TALL DAWG
06-01-2023, 09:42 PM
Well HAIL YEAH!!
Lets go kick some ass this fall!!
Hail to the DOGS and GTHOM!!

MaroonFlounder
06-03-2023, 11:49 AM
If Barbay offense has success against SEC defense, then it will be a very good season. Because I believe in Brock and this defense.
I know some worry about the secondary. Legit concern. I think the front and the backers make the going easier to figure things out on the back end

StarkVegasSteve
06-03-2023, 12:26 PM
If Barbay offense has success against SEC defense, then it will be a very good season. Because I believe in Brock and this defense.
I know some worry about the secondary. Legit concern. I think the front and the backers make the going easier to figure things out on the back end

Spot on. Our offense will be the difference between 7 and 10 wins. Defensively we will be the best we have been since 18.

Leroy Jenkins
06-03-2023, 01:07 PM

The top 5 offenses in the SEC last year ran the ball more than they passed. Some people are just in love with one concept or another. I don't care if we line up in punt formation every play as long as we score more than the other team.

ETA: MSU was 8th in total offense. Every team ahead of us had more rushing attempts than passing.

QuadrupleOption
06-03-2023, 01:12 PM
The top 5 offenses in the SEC last year ran the ball more than they passed. Some people are just in love with one concept or another. I don't care if we line up in punt formation every play as long as we score more than the other team.

I agree. I don't care if we run or throw. The goal is to move the ball and score points. Anything else is just people arguing to argue.

SpaceBully
06-03-2023, 03:03 PM
Baa baa, Maroon Sheep, .....have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir a hundred bags full. One for the coach and one for his dame......ninety-eight more for myself with my cane.

Todd4State
06-03-2023, 03:56 PM

ETA: MSU was 8th in total offense. Every team ahead of us had more rushing attempts than passing.

Remember when talking about attempts in college that sacks and QB scrambles are originally called pass plays that are scored runs.

Also a lot of teams run the ball to run out the clock when they are ahead late- as they should.

Football is shifting more and more to the pass at a rate of about 55-60% pass to run. It takes a little longer in the SEC but it's coming I think.

msu15
06-03-2023, 04:32 PM
Remember when talking about attempts in college that sacks and QB scrambles are originally called pass plays that are scored runs.

Also a lot of teams run the ball to run out the clock when they are ahead late- as they should.

Football is shifting more and more to the pass at a rate of about 55-60% pass to run. It takes a little longer in the SEC but it's coming I think.

Well it's no doubt that it's harder to defend the pass than it is the run as a concept(and the rules are set up this way).

Todd4State
06-03-2023, 05:08 PM
Well it's no doubt that it's harder to defend the pass than it is the run as a concept(and the rules are set up this way).

Agree! Also pass plays in general yield more yards per play making them more explosive than runs in general as well.