PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for Numero Uno

jbjones
11-30-2013, 09:56 PM
I think that I heard Coach Mullen say that Nickoe was having surgery tomorrow. Hey, I've been pretty negative toward him during this season. I was ignorant. I had no idea of what he was going through, or what his situation was. I, for sure will be offering my prayers for his speedy recovery. I wish you well, Nickoe. Damn son, you did us good.

-JB

godlluB
11-30-2013, 10:00 PM
I was planning on giving you shit about this very thing next week. I'm glad he gets to go out a hero.

jbjones
11-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Awesome. I love accountability !

maroonmania
11-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Man, he will have a great memory of his last play ever on Scott Field!

Apoplectic
11-30-2013, 10:15 PM
I think that I heard Coach Mullen say that Nickoe was having surgery tomorrow. Hey, I've been pretty negative toward him during this season. I was ignorant. I had no idea of what he was going through, or what his situation was. I, for sure will be offering my prayers for his speedy recovery. I wish you well, Nickoe. Damn son, you did us good.

-JB

I appreciate 1 and his contribution but have to question the coaches. You cant tell me we didnt have better options. Sure 1 was big in the last two games but how many games did he cost us a shot at?

K9 Avenger
11-30-2013, 10:17 PM
I appreciate 1 and his contribution but have to question the coaches. You cant tell me we didnt have better options. Sure 1 was big in the last two games but how many games did he cost us a shot at?

I'm telling you that we did not have better options

jbjones
11-30-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm telling you that we did not have better options

I reckon when Hughes (wasn't he the other Safety?) went down in the OSU game, that pretty much left us with what we had. Yeah...it wasn't the best sometimes. I'm really glad how it ended up, though.

-JB

MSUDawg4Life
11-30-2013, 10:28 PM
I was ignorant. I had no idea of what he was going through, or what his situation was.
-JB

Good words for all of us to remember when we decide to bash players and coaches.

I'm damn proud of Nickoe. His play speaks for itself. What I'm most proud of is the Master's degree he will soon have.

Well done, Nickoe. Well done.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2013, 12:57 AM

Dee Arrington also went down for the year.

RougeDawg
12-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Man, he will have a great memory of his last play ever on Scott Field!

And so will every damn one of us. It's right up there with the Bean/Clinton kick pick for me. Damn that play was huge for our season, and future of the program.

Political Hack
12-01-2013, 08:35 AM
the career active NCAA leader in interceptions should not have sit this year. Our problems were scheme and letting him get matched up in one on ones with slot WRs.

drunkernhelldawg
12-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Might should have been MVP for the game. Just a great performance. Hard to imagine anyone thinking he shouldn't be playing. It's not fair to expect players to make every play. The human element is big in football, not just college but NFL too.

Of course I have best wishes for this MSU Legend. Thank you for your great contribution, #1.

Maroonthirteen
12-01-2013, 11:42 AM
If not for his strip at Little Rock, we lose that game and come into the Egg Bowl game with alot less to play for. So he extends the teams season another week with that play. Then makes the last winning play in the Egg Bowl.

Nickoe Whitley....a True Maroon legend!

Madisonmd
12-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Is having redo ACL repair. Reinjured during OK ST game. Tough SOB!