PDA

View Full Version : Sanctions

TheLostDawg
05-23-2023, 06:28 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mississippi-state-basketball-reported-ncaa-violations-stemming-from-sec-road-game-per-report/

msu15
05-23-2023, 08:02 PM
Did you mean violations? There are no sanctions here

Goldendawg
05-23-2023, 08:33 PM
Wow, scared me to death that they finally figured out my late Superdog Dad and his Bulldog buddies bought a few cars and tractors for "recruiting" back in the Tyler years! I'm surprised anything is a violation in these NIL/Portal days.

Commercecomet24
05-23-2023, 09:54 PM
Naw these are minor violations. Probably have to forfeit an in home visit or 2 lol

EdwardDrayton
05-24-2023, 12:16 AM
Yes, these are minor violations but certainly not inadvertent or committed unwittingly. However it's a laughable farce schools are still attempting to comply with these low level standards given this new pay for play environment.

viverlibre
05-24-2023, 09:03 AM
Seems like we self report a lot. OM has a huge scandal and fights it every step of the way and eventually fires the coach, but penalties are relatively minor for the infractions. Had that been us, we'd self imposed the death penalty.

smootness
05-25-2023, 10:38 AM
You should never self-report anything. If the NCAA finds something and begins investigating, then you "cooperate" and no matter what they find, you likely aren't getting hit hard.

LibraryDawg
05-25-2023, 10:40 AM
Seems like we self report a lot. OM has a huge scandal and fights it every step of the way and eventually fires the coach, but penalties are relatively minor for the infractions. Had that been us, we'd self imposed the death penalty.

Bracky being Bracky!

viverlibre
05-25-2023, 10:43 AM
You should never self-report anything. If the NCAA finds something and begins investigating, then you "cooperate" and no matter what they find, you likely aren't getting hit hard.

I certainly don't self report when I'm speeding, run a stop sign, fail to us a blinker, etc. Although folks who don't understand how to drive in the passing lane should self report to the gulag.

BrunswickDawg
05-25-2023, 10:49 AM
I certainly don't self report when I'm speeding, run a stop sign, fail to us a blinker, etc. Although folks who don't understand how to drive in the passing lane should self report to the gulag.

Every school does this - even Bama, and yes even Ole Miss. It is how you show that you have a compliance system in place to monitor the activities of the staff. It's part of the smoke and mirrors system set up by the NCAA to justify their existence.

smootness
05-25-2023, 11:00 AM
Every school does this - even Bama, and yes even Ole Miss. It is how you show that you have a compliance system in place to monitor the activities of the staff. It's part of the smoke and mirrors system set up by the NCAA to justify their existence.

Yeah, but it doesn't actually help anybody. They'll give you sanctions for things you self-report, and when they investigate something you didn't self-report, as long as you cooperate with the investigation, they're happy. So there's no actual benefit to self-reporting anything.

viverlibre
05-25-2023, 03:10 PM

Ole Miss certainly doesn't take harsh penalties without a fighting. Had they gotten the same penalty as us over the very minor test taking episode from a couple years ago, they's still be fighting it. We lost one our best players for much of the year.